Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

MiYu, sorry about the continued battle with sxs. The windows in the evening are a very good sign that you are stabilising. They should start lasting longer and opening wider.

Heath and free, foot pain has been with me even before I started to taper. It feels like I'm walking on a golf ball and my toes hurt all the time. I've had it so long I forget to mention it when I discuss my own withdrawal. Currently I'm finding the nerve and muscle pain is letting up some and being replaced by mental sxs. To be honest, I think I can deal with the pain better lol. Definitely time for me to hold again. I have a couple more days of cutting then I'll settle in for a long hold.  :)--V

Hey you, I am in agreement about the mental thing, off and on I have had the "Sadness thing", but it goes away, but it is like a elephant is sitting on my heart. I can deal with aches and pains, I have a high pain threshold, having Osteo Arthritis and I just do not take anything for it, and go about my day, and it gets better. But that is just me, I have always been "different" like I said, I think I am lacking in my Brain somehow... :laugh::smitten::D:smitten:

I agree BG. I've had chronic pain from a rare disorder for 7 years so the pain I can handle. The mental garbage is what interferes with my ability to fully function as I become apathetic about everything so I don't get as much done because I keep putting things off.  :)--V

Thankfully my sadness just pulls my heart strings and it goes away soon, and I can still function, but I had bad periods after my Parents and Brother died, but that is normal to feel, anything the benzo butt gives us is not a gift, for sure. Oh have you heard from Anne? :smitten:

I haven't heard from Anne but I'll bet gard knows what's going on with her.  :)--V

MiYu, sorry about the continued battle with sxs. The windows in the evening are a very good sign that you are stabilising. They should start lasting longer and opening wider.

Heath and free, foot pain has been with me even before I started to taper. It feels like I'm walking on a golf ball and my toes hurt all the time. I've had it so long I forget to mention it when I discuss my own withdrawal. Currently I'm finding the nerve and muscle pain is letting up some and being replaced by mental sxs. To be honest, I think I can deal with the pain better lol. Definitely time for me to hold again. I have a couple more days of cutting then I'll settle in for a long hold.  :)--V

Hey you, I am in agreement about the mental thing, off and on I have had the "Sadness thing", but it goes away, but it is like a elephant is sitting on my heart. I can deal with aches and pains, I have a high pain threshold, having Osteo Arthritis and I just do not take anything for it, and go about my day, and it gets better. But that is just me, I have always been "different" like I said, I think I am lacking in my Brain somehow... :laugh::smitten::D:smitten:

That is a very helpful analogy, BG. I feel like an elephant is sitting on my heart. My brain, too. But I am cutting. I have a clock ticking.

That is a very helpful analogy, BG. I feel like an elephant is sitting on my heart. My brain, too. But I am cutting. I have a clock ticking.

Sometimes the clock needs to reset. :)

Yes, I hear from Anne. Her last email sounded a bit more hopeful as her husband slowly regains his strength. She still has way too much on her plate, though.

Lots of painful stuff happening in my family, too, but nothing like watching your beloved spouse go through such a scary surgery and such a long recovery. We say we will get through it because we will get through it. Like everybody else here, right? One step, one day, one hour at a time.

Gard :smitten:

Yes, I hear from Anne. Her last email sounded a bit more hopeful as her husband slowly regains his strength. She still has way too much on her plate, though.

Lots of painful stuff happening in my family, too, but nothing like watching your beloved spouse go through such a scary surgery and such a long recovery. We say we will get through it because we will get through it. Like everybody else here, right? One step, one day, one hour at a time.

[glow=red,2,300]"Amen"  :)[/glow]

Can I reset my clock back to about age 40, so I have time to recover and get re-employed and earn some money before it's retirement time? :laugh:

Also, I would have unloaded my husband back then if I had known he was going to trade me in for a newer model when I got sick. :P 

Can I reset my clock back to about age 40, so I have time to recover and get re-employed and earn some money before it's retirement time? :laugh:

Also, I would have unloaded my husband back then if I had known he was going to trade me in for a newer model when I got sick. :P

;D

You ladies and gent are so funny!  I sure am having a good laugh reading your conversation. I hope you will do this again tomorrow!

Heath.  :D;D:laugh: :laugh: ;D

Sorry about the burning, the foot pain, the mental stuff,anxiety, sadness etc. but at least by sharing that all benzo withdrawers have these crazy sxs, we can rest a bit easier knowing that it is"normal" for us.

NORMAL?  Is there a normal out there? :crazy::idiot:

Hope everyone feels better today. Hope those windows keep opening, even if it rains in sometimes.

Heath :)

Sorry about the burning, the foot pain, the mental stuff,anxiety, sadness etc. but at least by sharing that all benzo withdrawers have these crazy sxs, we can rest a bit easier knowing that it is"normal" for us.

NORMAL?  Is there a normal out there? :crazy::idiot:

Hope everyone feels better today. Hope those windows keep opening, even if it rains in sometimes.

Heath :)

It is good to have some good laughs, clears the air of the Benzo madness, and allows us to release good feelings, they are there, always have been, but sometimes we all can get bogged down with this tapering business, laughing like crying usually makes all feel better. :)

Uh oh. I think we scared her away! :o

Well, maybe V can come up with a chicken who is an "adult" to be class parent.  :laugh:

Still have yet to find a chicken that doesn't act... well like a chicken.  :laugh:

You're all so witty  :laugh:

I used to be a really funny person, but I seem to have lost it of late..... It'll come back no doubt , it went with a part of my brain.....  :(

Begood... How do you cut and paste a photo that you took yourself? Cant figure  it out .

Thank you all as always for your encouragement , yes I'm still holding , well, that's after my attempt at a 1/16th mg microtaper cut a couple of weeks back. .... Kinda broke the hold there, but decided to leave it as is and not add it back in. I don't seem any worse, and still getting a little improvement here and there, evenings as I mentioned .

Hugs to everyone , I'm thinking of all of you .

MiYu  :hug:

Miyu, my wit come and goes as it pleases. Totally hijacked by benzos. :P 

I'm glad you are getting those evening windows. A good sign. :thumbsup:

BG, I pass. A class parents with heels all the way! Or one of V's chickens, provided you don't try to eat our class parent.

BG, I pass. A class parents with heels all the way! Or one of V's chickens, provided you don't try to eat our class parent.

Perhaps a Rooster, too tough to eat. :D

You could try to eat one of my chickens but I think they're all frozen lol. Minus 30 degrees here last night.  :)--V

You could try to eat one of my chickens but I think they're all frozen lol. Minus 30 degrees here last night.  :)--V

It is 13 here. Well I hope Peta does not read this post, you will be in chicken do-do, because those poor chickens need heat and blankets and heck just bring the poor frozen birdies in the house, :angel::)

It is 13 here. Well I hope Peta does not read this post, you will be in chicken do-do, because those poor chickens need heat and blankets and heck just bring the poor frozen birdies in the house, :angel::)

LOL. I can assure you I have several heat lamps in their insulated coop. It's nice and cozy in there.  :)--V

[21...]