Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey guys. About 6 1/2 months benzo free here. Holding at 0 haha. Things are starting to get better. I've been taking Lyrica when things get bad and it helps. I started this about 3 weeks ago. Hows everyone? Vally?

Hey guys. About 6 1/2 months benzo free here. Holding at 0 haha. Things are starting to get better. I've been taking Lyrica when things get bad and it helps. I started this about 3 weeks ago. Hows everyone? Vally?

You're almost there Shamo!  I'm doing great. I haven't used lyrica during my taper but have used it in the past.  :)--V

How'd you find it? I'm worried that more medication will delay healing but I just couldnt get through without using something. About a month ago I was gonna throw in the towel and reinstate. Still shocked at how long this takes. I'm kinda predicting that this usually takes at least 9 months to heal after getting off. Sorry to scare anyone. But if you taper slower than I did and hold where you should I'd say you could heal a bit quicker. I just pushed to get off the last 2mg.

How'd you find it? I'm worried that more medication will delay healing but I just couldnt get through without using something. About a month ago I was gonna throw in the towel and reinstate. Still shocked at how long this takes. I'm kinda predicting that this usually takes at least 9 months to heal after getting off. Sorry to scare anyone. But if you taper slower than I did and hold where you should I'd say you could heal a bit quicker. I just pushed to get off the last 2mg.

I only used it for about week. I tried gapapentin before that and didn't care for the drowsiness it caused. I took them for nerve pain but neither really worked.  :)--V

Yes, this is a wonderful , loving , supportive , never critical group. I think there's alot of  young folks suffering on some of the FB groups, and they can post scary and not so kind things sometimes, I go there less and less. I don't know the age of everyone in this group , but I think a few of us are in our 50's and some older, some younger too, but the kindness and maturity is consistent , and I for one am very greatful for that.

I'm so sorry those who like me are struggling with their long holds, I hope things settle down for us all soon.  :smitten:

I woke up this morning feeling worse than ever, after a slightly better day yesterday ...ugh....I was really anxious and stiff as a board when I woke up this morning . Pain, which come and goes.

It's crazy.

I always look for things I did different .... Well, I ate some healthy treats that someone brought over , but I doubt it was that. I never usually eat any sweets at all , these were raw with maple syrup .

Then I tried a little GABA supplement ..... Now that could have done it , I have read that some people react negatively to it, if they don't need it. I do know it's the receptors and not necessarily the GABA we are short on .... Oh well, don't think I'll try that again . I've been taking 1/4 tsp inositol at night.... And that doesn't seem to have any negative effects .i didn't take it last night .

Who knows .... Always looking for something to make me feel better  :(

Mornings somehow are hard, the adjustment from sleep to waking , and facing a new day . I usually sleep well thank god for that, with 1/4 -1/2 mg melatonin.

Well, it could be a long day today, going to try and distract as best I can.

So many thanks to you all for holding mine , and others hands through this.... You are wonderful.

MiYu  :hug:

Hi MiYu. It looks like you're stabilizing. It can be painstakingly slow but if you are having some slightly better days, that's great news! Sorry it didn't last. The nonlinearity of this is truly mind numbing.  :)--V

Thanks Valley :) painstakingly slow is right! Omg.... Never thought anything could go this slow in life! Patience of a saint , that's what we all need.

Well, we all get lots of good practice at letting go that's for sure.

MiYu  :)

MiYu, thinking of you :). {{{Hugs}}} to you and everyone here on this great thread.

Like I said earlier I do not do FB, after all I was kicked off of "Twitter" after a day and half, still do not know what I said, but that's OK, I like it here because I know if I need it someone will hold my hand too, in fact Valley has this week with numbers.... ;D:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Begood for your sweet support always  :smitten: :smitten:

MiYu

Happy ,,HEALTHY, and healing New Year to all my buddies here. Thank you for all your help and generosity always .

MIYU :hug: :hug: :balloon::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

( don't know why it won't Let me change font and color etc like yours Begood... What's the secret? X)

Happy ,,HEALTHY, and healing New Year to all my buddies here. Thank you for all your help and generosity always .

MIYU :hug: :hug: :balloon::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

( don't know why it won't Let me change font and color etc like yours Begood... What's the secret? X)

Hi, I looked at your qoute, and you have the brackets, but you must put the words between, it would look like this, if you can not see it, open your quote.

"Like this"

http://www.zingerbug.com/holidays/glitter_graphics/new_year_rainbow_glitter.gif

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way

of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use".~A.U.

MiYu, thinking of you :). {{{Hugs}}} to you and everyone here on this great thread.

Like I said earlier I do not do FB, after all I was kicked off of "Twitter" after a day and half, still do not know what I said, but that's OK, I like it here because I know if I need it someone will hold my hand too, in fact Valley has this week with numbers.... ;D:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

BG... were you stirring up trouble on Twitter? :laugh:

Well, I guess I did not know what I was doing, so I offered my opinion to our Mayor about all the young men and older with thier underwear showing and the pants sagging, it is a style that came from the Prisons and I for one am tired of it, but I guess I was not supposed too say anything he has a son in that age group..... ::), and viola, the next afternoon I was kicked off, honestly you know I am a pure  :angel::smitten: 

Well, I guess I did not know what I was doing, so I offered my opinion to our Mayor about all the young men and older with thier underwear showing and the pants sagging, it is a style that came from the Prisons and I for one am tired of it, but I guess I was not supposed too say anything he has a son in that age group..... ::), and viola, the next afternoon I was kicked off, honestly you know I am a pure  :angel::smitten:

That's crazy! I've seen terrible stuff on Twitter. I've even tweeted worse than that.  :)--V

That's crazy! I've seen terrible stuff on Twitter. I've even tweeted worse than that.  :)--V

I must have been worrisome, and having the gall to ask our esteem leader......was not  8)::) confronting the Mayor of City, I also go for the big dogs...... :laugh::smitten:

BG

How do you post these beautiful signs on this forum?I keep copying things like a Happy New Year poster from my computer but it does not transfer to this support group site.  You must be very computer literate. Can you explain it to me easily?

[glow=red,2,300]Happy New Year,    Heath[/glow]

Well at least I figured out  this color thing.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Ooooo. I've been playing around and figured this out! Great distraction! Still can't get a picture inserted or post one from my collection. I guess thus will do for now!

BG

How do you post these beautiful signs on this forum?I keep copying things like a Happy New Year poster from my computer but it does not transfer to this support group site.  You must be very computer literate. Can you explain it to me easily?

[glow=red,2,300]Happy New Year,    Heath[/glow]

Well at least I figured out  this color thing.

Hi Heath placing a thread here for you to study, and go to my pic I placed and click on the quote and study what I have done, it is basically Cut and Paste, but do have to have the proper placement, sorry I am not a good teacher, but Evan is really good at teaching, he taught me everything about pics, placing music on my Oldies Thread etc. Just study it over and over and you will get it. Have Fun, and if you have trouble I can look at it and see if I can figure out what you did perhaps wrong. :)        http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=146387.0

Thanks BG!  Now I have a starting place. Now I know how my kindergarteners felt when presented with something new!  But  as we always said, we just keep trying, everyone makes mistakes, but we never give up! Onward soldiers

Thanks BG!  Now I have a starting place. Now I know how my kindergarteners felt when presented with something new!  But  as we always said, we just keep trying, everyone makes mistakes, but we never give up! Onward soldiers

You will do fine, if I could get it so can you. Go to Techincal, and they have a place called the Sand Box and you can try things out , it is just you learning how to do something. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

[glow=red,2,300]"NOTHING VENTURED IS NEVER GAINED."[/glow]

So glad I found this Forum and met so many that like me,

want off of Benzo's we will do the Time, to be "FREE". :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

http://www.zingerbug.com/holidays/glitter_graphics/new_year_rainbow_glitter.gif

Happy New Year to all and thank you all for being the best of help in this trying time for us all.  Bless you all in the coming year.  :smitten::thumbsup:

[2c...]