Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Agree with you on the taste, BG! You kind of get used to it. The only thing I would say is to stay away from grapefruit juice as it seems to interact with lots of meds. I often eat and drink around the time I take my night meds but not my morning meds. So far no problems. Good luck!

Gard :smitten:

Agree with you on the taste, BG! You kind of get used to it. The only thing I would say is to stay away from grapefruit juice as it seems to interact with lots of meds. I often eat and drink around the time I take my night meds but not my morning meds. So far no problems. Good luck!

Don't get me started on the taste.  :tickedoff:

:smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hello Holders,

I'm now below .1 xanax and have had not too much trouble cutting every 30 days.  The 4 month hold earlier this year put me in good shape to continue my taper at a decent clip.  Not setting any land-speed records but, in the end, what matter?  I think my brain appreciates the kinder, gentler approach. :thumbsup:

Hello Holders,

I'm now below .1 xanax and have had not too much trouble cutting every 30 days.  The 4 month hold earlier this year put me in good shape to continue my taper at a decent clip.  Not setting any land-speed records but, in the end, what matter?  I think my brain appreciates the kinder, gentler approach. :thumbsup:

That's great lynn! :thumbsup:

Hello Holders,

[glow=red,2,300]"Congrats"[/glow] Lynn that is great, you have a good plan, and isn't wonderful to be functional and enjoy Life, keep up the good work, I am honored to call you My Friend. I have learned a lot from you and your honesty and the way you have always managed to pull yourself back up. Cheers. :highfive::balloon: :balloon: :highfive:

Advice on reducing seroquel? I know it calms anxiety, and I am feeling the amp with my reduced dosage of it. I really hate the sero, the side effects are getting to me and making me miserable. The lower dose is no less effective than the higher for helping with sleep. The amp is difficult, I have no template of how much to reduce, and at what rate, to keep this within reason, Thanks. I suspect I went to fast with it over the past 10 days, no surprise.

I did up my x dosage just a bit yesterday to compensate. Doing the same today.

Thanks buddies!

Hi BD. You'd probably have more luck searching survivingantidepressants.org and maybe posting your question there. They deal specifically with antidepressants and antipsychotics so you would get better advice there. I have no idea how you would reduce Q to minimise sxs.  :)--V

hi all, thought id pop in, i have not been well, death of my beloved cat in my arms from my one 4 yr old twin, (ugh) jumping on recliner, not cool, Christmas no family from being thrown under bus, today sister wedding not going, (sigh) panic attack central plus the flipping kids are all sick and im kinda batty now, from tons of stress from not stabilizing, fb, omg is stress, realize fb is not really fun place the benzo groups can be SO mean, it is much safe here............im still alive, SG (hugs) said some were asking about me but i did not see a post and for that i am sorry......i hope you are all well as can be, hugs i struggle daily and am in a pickle spot, but hanging on, i guess, happy holidays..............love you guys

INP

INP,

So sorry that you aren't feeling well.  Stress, on top of the Holidays, can really ramp things up.  Have you been doing ok prior?

I only know facebook from the "social" side of things and people can be awful.  I don't know what happens to empathy and common decency .  It can be very disheartening.

Hugs going your way!  :smitten: :smitten:

hi all, thought id pop in, i have not been well, death of my beloved cat in my arms from my one 4 yr old twin, (ugh) jumping on recliner, not cool, Christmas no family from being thrown under bus, today sister wedding not going, (sigh) panic attack central plus the flipping kids are all sick and im kinda batty now, from tons of stress from not stabilizing, fb, omg is stress, realize fb is not really fun place the benzo groups can be SO mean, it is much safe here............im still alive, SG (hugs) said some were asking about me but i did not see a post and for that i am sorry......i hope you are all well as can be, hugs i struggle daily and am in a pickle spot, but hanging on, i guess, happy holidays..............love you guys

INP

Hi INP! So good to hear from you! So sorry you're having a rough time and that your cat passed.  The holiday season can be difficult for those going through this process. Keep us updated on how you are doing so we can try to help and support you.  :)--V

INP,

So sorry that you aren't feeling well.  Stress, on top of the Holidays, can really ramp things up.  Have you been doing ok prior?

I only know facebook from the "social" side of things and people can be awful.  I don't know what happens to empathy and common decency .  It can be very disheartening.

Hugs going your way!  :smitten: :smitten:

thanks L................your sweet..........will be back pls don't forget about me everyone, im in dire straights half the time, think its tolerance w/d from jumping off A and still being on K? i d k ......but FB well, they can ruin your life, drama drama drama.........thanks, here i feel safe, love you all......... :smitten:

INP

"Hang in there" INP, things will get better, I do not belong to FB, this is enough for me. Besides I joined "Twitter" once and was thrown off in 1 1/2 days, I guess I did not know how it is run, so be it, that was enough for me.... ::) Please know you are not alone. We are getting more coming on this past week, and like to seeing you here. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten: 

"Hang in there" INP, things will get better, I do not belong to FB, this is enough for me. Besides I joined "Twitter" once and was thrown off in 1 1/2 days, I guess I did not know how it is run, so be it, that was enough for me.... ::) Please know you are not alone. We are getting more coming on this past week, and like to seeing you here. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks, this is where i started, and where i shall stay and when ready resume, hugs, i sent a couple ppl over from forums, as i told them its better here..........hope i helped them.......love you

INP

Thanks, this is where i started, and where i shall stay and when ready resume, hugs, i sent a couple ppl over from forums, as i told them its better here..........hope i helped them.......love you

INP

:smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Yes, this is a wonderful , loving , supportive , never critical group. I think there's alot of  young folks suffering on some of the FB groups, and they can post scary and not so kind things sometimes, I go there less and less. I don't know the age of everyone in this group , but I think a few of us are in our 50's and some older, some younger too, but the kindness and maturity is consistent , and I for one am very greatful for that.

I'm so sorry those who like me are struggling with their long holds, I hope things settle down for us all soon.  :smitten:

I woke up this morning feeling worse than ever, after a slightly better day yesterday ...ugh....I was really anxious and stiff as a board when I woke up this morning . Pain, which come and goes.

It's crazy.

I always look for things I did different .... Well, I ate some healthy treats that someone brought over , but I doubt it was that. I never usually eat any sweets at all , these were raw with maple syrup .

Then I tried a little GABA supplement ..... Now that could have done it , I have read that some people react negatively to it, if they don't need it. I do know it's the receptors and not necessarily the GABA we are short on .... Oh well, don't think I'll try that again . I've been taking 1/4 tsp inositol at night.... And that doesn't seem to have any negative effects .i didn't take it last night .

Who knows .... Always looking for something to make me feel better  :(

Mornings somehow are hard, the adjustment from sleep to waking , and facing a new day . I usually sleep well thank god for that, with 1/4 -1/2 mg melatonin.

Well, it could be a long day today, going to try and distract as best I can.

So many thanks to you all for holding mine , and others hands through this.... You are wonderful.

MiYu  :hug:

Yes, this is a wonderful , loving , supportive , never critical group. I think there's alot of  young folks suffering on some of the FB groups, and they can post scary and not so kind things sometimes, I go there less and less. I don't know the age of everyone in this group , but I think a few of us are in our 50's and some older, some younger too, but the kindness and maturity is consistent , and I for one am very greatful for that.

I'm so sorry those who like me are struggling with their long holds, I hope things settle down for us all soon.  :smitten:

I woke up this morning feeling worse than ever, after a slightly better day yesterday ...ugh....I was really anxious and stiff as a board when I woke up this morning . Pain, which come and goes.

It's crazy.

I always look for things I did different .... Well, I ate some healthy treats that someone brought over , but I doubt it was that. I never usually eat any sweets at all , these were raw with maple syrup .

Then I tried a little GABA supplement ..... Now that could have done it , I have read that some people react negatively to it, if they don't need it. I do know it's the receptors and not necessarily the GABA we are short on .... Oh well, don't think I'll try that again . I've been taking 1/4 tsp inositol at night.... And that doesn't seem to have any negative effects .i didn't take it last night .

Who knows .... Always looking for something to make me feel better  :(

Mornings somehow are hard, the adjustment from sleep to waking , and facing a new day . I usually sleep well thank god for that, with 1/4 -1/2 mg melatonin.

Well, it could be a long day today, going to try and distract as best I can.

So many thanks to you all for holding mine , and others hands through this.... You are wonderful.

MiYu  :hug:

Hi MiYu. It looks like you're stabilizing. It can be painstakingly slow but if you are having some slightly better days, that's great news! Sorry it didn't last. The nonlinearity of this is truly mind numbing.  :)--V

Hello Holders,

Wow, that's wonderful, Lynn!!!!

Advice on reducing seroquel? I know it calms anxiety, and I am feeling the amp with my reduced dosage of it. I really hate the sero, the side effects are getting to me and making me miserable. The lower dose is no less effective than the higher for helping with sleep. The amp is difficult, I have no template of how much to reduce, and at what rate, to keep this within reason, Thanks. I suspect I went to fast with it over the past 10 days, no surprise.

I did up my x dosage just a bit yesterday to compensate. Doing the same today.

Thanks buddies!

Hi BD. You'd probably have more luck searching survivingantidepressants.org and maybe posting your question there. They deal specifically with antidepressants and antipsychotics so you would get better advice there. I have no idea how you would reduce Q to minimise sxs.  :)--V

BD, If you search, there's a Seroquel support group on here somewhere. Helpful info. Also, there's Seroquel info on SA, as V said.

Gard

MiYu, thinking of you :). {{{Hugs}}} to you and everyone here on this great thread.

Like I said earlier I do not do FB, after all I was kicked off of "Twitter" after a day and half, still do not know what I said, but that's OK, I like it here because I know if I need it someone will hold my hand too, in fact Valley has this week with numbers.... ;D:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Folks,

I guess I would qualify for the longer hold philosophy. I've managed to come off Ritalin completely and 2/3 of my Xanax dosage this past year. It has been one hell of a ride,, but I'm glad I have made that progress. I have been having a lot of life stress lately and my symptoms have really escalated, so I basically hold until I feel well enough to make another cut. I've been dry cutting Xanax and down to 8 mg Valium equivalent and hoping  to not cross over. Today has been one of the toughest days for me in months , so I'm reading stories of inspiration on here, hoping that I too will heal one day and be back to my normal self.

Hey Linnie!

Congrats on your excellent progress this year! :thumbsup:  I agree with you on the going slow and holding.  I'm sorry that you are having a bad day and hope things are better in the morning.

We are all going to be healed one day and this whole nightmare will be a distant memory.  I think that we will be a better version of our "normal" selves.  We will come out of this stronger. :thumbsup:

Hi Folks,

I guess I would qualify for the longer hold philosophy. I've managed to come off Ritalin completely and 2/3 of my Xanax dosage this past year. It has been one hell of a ride,, but I'm glad I have made that progress. I have been having a lot of life stress lately and my symptoms have really escalated, so I basically hold until I feel well enough to make another cut. I've been dry cutting Xanax and down to 8 mg Valium equivalent and hoping  to not cross over. Today has been one of the toughest days for me in months , so I'm reading stories of inspiration on here, hoping that I too will heal one day and be back to my normal self.

Hi linnie! Glad you stopped by and hope you will find the support and encouragement to one day walk off xanax already healed.  :)--V

[06...]