Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

That just " hits the spot" Thanks for the share!!!

Found this quote and thought it would be something to ponder over. :)

"Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it."~~A.U

That just " hits the spot" Thanks for the share!!!

Found this quote and thought it would be something to ponder over. :)

"Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it."~~A.U

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Happy Holidays everyone....https://www.resonantlight.com/healing-waves/

Questions to ask , but will wait til another day for those....

Love and hugs , MiYu

Hi long hold buddies. I hope you all had a nice Christmas. I managed to enjoy it for the most part. Have aspirin/Tylenol/motrin, will travel.  :sick:

Question to group.

For those of you who are dosing once a day usually in the evening. Was it difficult to make that change?

Also, did those of you that did this, find it helped with sleep issues at night?

I am experiencing very poor sleep these days and I currently dose twice a day. .75 mls in the am and .85 mls at night. In my case ml is interchangable with mg. thats the way I make my liquid. Currently on 1.6 mg/ ml.

Have any of you done something like this and did it work out for you?

Much appreciated.

ATU

Hi Alltiedup,

I am taking 1.16 daily split into two doses. .58 in morning and .58 at night.

I am going to start moving the two doses closer together until they are so close I will be able to just combine them into one dose. I hope it works. ValleyUm suggested I do it that way..

Heath

Hi everyone,

I've been out of touch. No wifi up in high desert at Landers Ca visiting with family for holidays. Lots of fun.

Ending a one month hold today but only cut  .02

going really slow so very little sxs. Started tapering again, so hope my sxs free days will continue!

Happy holidays to everyone. To those who ar struggling,  i know how difficult it is to hold,but it will work If you just hang in there! It took me a good five or six months of holding before I could cut again.

Keep fighting and don't give up.

Heath

Hi everyone,

I've been out of touch. No wifi up in high desert at Landers Ca visiting with family for holidays. Lots of fun.

Ending a one month hold today but only cut  .02

going really slow so very little sxs. Started tapering again, so hope my sxs free days will continue!

Happy holidays to everyone. To those who ar struggling,  i know how difficult it is to hold,but it will work If you just hang in there! It took me a good five or six months of holding before I could cut again.

Keep fighting and don't give up.

Heath

Good to hear from you Heath!  Glad things are going well.  :)--V

Hello Holders,

Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.  I hope each and every one of you had some joy and happiness. :smitten:  I am a very lucky person and have much gratitude this year.  I am also grateful for the wonderful buddies here - a family of wonderfully caring friends.

For those feeling well, I am thrilled.  For those still awaiting relief, it can't come soon enough and my greatest wish for the New Year is that all of us are well and at peace.  And can finish this road in good health and spirits.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello Holders,

Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.  I hope each and every one of you had some joy and happiness. :smitten:  I am a very lucky person and have much gratitude this year.  I am also grateful for the wonderful buddies here - a family of wonderfully caring friends.

For those feeling well, I am thrilled.  For those still awaiting relief, it can't come soon enough and my greatest wish for the New Year is that all of us are well and at peace.  And can finish this road in good health and spirits.

Thank You Lynn for such a nice post, and I thank you for your Support and Friendship, to me and All here. It really takes a "Village" of buddies that genuinely care about others. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hello Holders,

Thank You Lynn for such a nice post, and I thank you for your Support and Friendship, to me and All here. It really takes a "Village" of buddies that genuinely care about others. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here I sit thinking about where I was last year at this time,realizing now how much better off I am now.

Last year at this time I had not even started to taper off of the Valium. I was only two weeks past back surgery. I was in a very bad place.

And I'm thinking about how crazy I was to go so fast at the beginning of my taper and how I brought on those awful wd sxs myself.  But then I found this forum and all you buddies.

I know better now. I know that going slow really is a mind thing. Thinking that I'd never get off the drugs if I went slow was just my fear getting to me. All you buddy advisers are so right.  I just told my self I was going to hold and, looking back, the time seems to have gone by faster than I thought. I had thought that the day would never come that I'd be at the end of my hold and be able to start to taper again.  But here I am...much lower in my dose.....sxs free,.....made two more cuts and I'm doing fine.

Just want to tell people who are still struggling with the concept of a long hold, that it is understandable to not want to hold. Iknow how much i wanted off these drugs. But going fast only messed me up, and killed my quality of life. I honestly believe that my wd sxs were sometimes brought on by ME, or atleast they were made worse by me, by my rushing.

So here I sit now thinking again. I'm down from 7.5mg to 1.16 mg. Took 10  months but so what! It will probably take me a year or more to do the last of it because I understand the the last mg is the hardest to do. I'll have to go real slow. Slower than before, more holds too if necessary. But so what! A year from now, I'll look back again and I'll see how far I will have come and I will rejoice in being off or nearly off the Valium. And although it may seem like a long way off, I know when I get there, it will not have been so long, and I will have been able to live a good quality of life while slowly getting off the drug at the same time.

I often look to Anne, Lynne, Begood and ValleyUm, but want to thank all you buddies for all your help with my problems.No one can do this alone. I am so grateful that I found all of you.

Heath :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten: :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:

Here I sit thinking about where I was last year at this time,realizing now how much better off I am now.

Last year at this time I had not even started to taper off of the Valium. I was only two weeks past back surgery. I was in a very bad place.

And I'm thinking about how crazy I was to go so fast at the beginning of my taper and how I brought on those awful wd sxs myself.  But then I found this forum and all you buddies.

I know better now. I know that going slow really is a mind thing. Thinking that I'd never get off the drugs if I went slow was just my fear getting to me. All you buddy advisers are so right.  I just told my self I was going to hold and, looking back, the time seems to have gone by faster than I thought. I had thought that the day would never come that I'd be at the end of my hold and be able to start to taper again.  But here I am...much lower in my dose.....sxs free,.....made two more cuts and I'm doing fine.

Just want to tell people who are still struggling with the concept of a long hold, that it is understandable to not want to hold. Iknow how much i wanted off these drugs. But going fast only messed me up, and killed my quality of life. I honestly believe that my wd sxs were sometimes brought on by ME, or atleast they were made worse by me, by my rushing.

So here I sit now thinking again. I'm down from 7.5mg to 1.16 mg. Took 10  months but so what! It will probably take me a year or more to do the last of it because I understand the the last mg is the hardest to do. I'll have to go real slow. Slower than before, more holds too if necessary. But so what! A year from now, I'll look back again and I'll see how far I will have come and I will rejoice in being off or nearly off the Valium. And although it may seem like a long way off, I know when I get there, it will not have been so long, and I will have been able to live a good quality of life while slowly getting off the drug at the same time.

I often look to Anne, Lynne, Begood and ValleyUm, but want to thank all you buddies for all your help with my problems.No one can do this alone. I am so grateful that I found all of you.

Heath :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten: :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:

:smitten::thumbsup::smitten::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You're doing a great job Heath!  :clap:

Hope everyone is doing well! I cut through Christmas so I'm down another .25mg. I only cut due to the time off and wanted to get a little lower before I have to start work again. I'm finding the slow and steady path very rewarding. I have some sxs, but I actually feel better the more I reduce! Sxs are changing as I get lower. Less cog fog but more anxiety.

I think this can also work against us in the same way that feeling worse when reducing works against us in that we get in the mindset that if we reduce faster, we'll feel better until we learn the hard way to keep it slow and steady. Just thought I'd post this observation having been on both sides of the taper faster equation. Will be holding now for 10 days or more.

Have a great day all!  :)--V

Hey V that is really good news, so glad that it is working for you and you are doing OK. This Journey is certainly a learning experience for all of us. [glow=red,2,300]"Congrats. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:[/glow]

Hey, I am thinking of making up more solution like maybe for 10 days, tell me if this is correct.

Use glass Jar, use 980cc of h20, add 20cc of Vodka, add {5}-2mg Valium, leave in cool place, not fridge, use 100cc each day for dose, Is this correct, and will this stay fresh, and do I shake it before I draw out my 100cc? I will look for some type of Jar that can hold 1000cc. The reasoning for making up solution for a longer time, the cuts are crumbling too much, they give me the cheapest tablets, and I want all the medication. :)

Have you heard anymore from Please, and Liza? and has anyone heard from Anne, sure miss her here.

Thanks, hope the snow is not too bad up there for you, saw some pics on the News, Wow... :o:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey V that is really good news, so glad that it is working for you and you are doing OK. This Journey is certainly a learning experience for all of us. [glow=red,2,300]"Congrats. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:[/glow]

Hey, I am thinking of making up more solution like maybe for 10 days, tell me if this is correct.

Use glass Jar, use 980cc of h20, add 20cc of Vodka, add {5}-2mg Valium, leave in cool place, not fridge, use 100cc each day for dose, Is this correct, and will this stay fresh, and do I shake it before I draw out my 100cc? I will look for some type of Jar that can hold 1000cc. The reasoning for making up solution for a longer time, the cuts are crumbling too much, they give me the cheapest tablets, and I want all the medication. :)

Have you heard anymore from Please, and Liza? and has anyone heard from Anne, sure miss her here.

Thanks, hope the snow is not too bad up there for you, saw some pics on the News, Wow... :o:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi BG. Your math is correct. You should be fine with the solution as it will stay fresh. I stir mine a little but I've seen builder state it's not necessary. I hate the crumbly pills and have the same problem. I can never get the dose right when dry cutting my pills because they crumble too much.

I haven't heard anything from Please or Liza. I may have to reach out again and see how Liza is fairing. I haven't seen any recent posts from Please either and hope she is doing ok.

We got buried in snow. I've never seen so much in the city I live in. Church was even cancelled and it's only a few blocks away lol.  :)--V

Thanks Valley, I sat here today trying to cut those dry pills and I just knew it was not going to be doable any longer. Sorry about the Snow, it sure can give a person cabin fever, I hope they gave you a snow removal or blower, you know what I mean for Xmas, they say shoveling snow is not good for people to do. Be careful. :).

I will need more help with numbers later on, but I am holding for a long time. :smitten:

Thanks Valley, I sat here today trying to cut those dry pills and I just knew it was not going to be doable any longer. Sorry about the Snow, it sure can give a person cabin fever, I hope they gave you a snow removal or blower, you know what I mean for Xmas, they say shoveling snow is not good for people to do. Be careful. :).

I will need more help with numbers later on, but I am holding for a long time. :smitten:

:thumbsup:

Wow, V, our snow has been melting. We can see grass in spots! But I hear more is on the way, so you don't need to send us any. ;)

I heard from Anne just before Christmas. She sounded in reasonably good spirits, happy the semester was behind her, and looking forward to a peaceful Christmas. I was slow to respond to her because I forgot to check my email for 3 days! (Benzo brain.)

I'm turtle tapering and will switch to chicken mode in a couple of weeks. I don't ever want to go through what I did before. I want to be here for my "kids." I'm all the family they have now.

Keep on keeping on everybody! Even if that means standing still! We will all reach the finish line.  :thumbsup:

Gard

Wow, V, our snow has been melting. We can see grass in spots! But I hear more is on the way, so you don't need to send us any. ;)

I heard from Anne just before Christmas. She sounded in reasonably good spirits, happy the semester was behind her, and looking forward to a peaceful Christmas. I was slow to respond to her because I forgot to check my email for 3 days! (Benzo brain.)

I'm turtle tapering and will switch to chicken mode in a couple of weeks. I don't ever want to go through what I did before. I want to be here for my "kids." I'm all the family they have now.

Keep on keeping on everybody! Even if that means standing still! We will all reach the finish line.  :thumbsup:

Gard

:smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

I'm going to have to insist that you take some of our snow.  :laugh:

Speaking of chickens, I have a hawk that is sitting on my fence every day waiting for my chickens to come out. I got some pictures of it sitting there today as it's getting less afraid when I go out. I guess you could say it's in "chicken mode".  :laugh:

[22...]