Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Great news V!  So happy for ya. Just one question for you guys.....do we get into tolerance w/d if we hold too long?

Hi Beat. It's almost impossible IMO to reach tolerance once you've started to taper because you're reducing the dose and your body has to make the adjustment to lower levels of the drug. I believe a lot of what is referred to as tolerance is just plain withdrawal. For example if you've tapered too quickly and get hit with severe withdrawal syndrome, it's going to take longer than just a few weeks for you CNS to stabilize. It's the same process as post jump in that it can take a few months or more to feel better. Just my thoughts.  :)--V

Great news V!  So happy for ya. Just one question for you guys.....do we get into tolerance w/d if we hold too long?

Hi Beat. It's almost impossible IMO to reach tolerance once you've started to taper because you're reducing the dose and your body has to make the adjustment to lower levels of the drug. I believe a lot of what is referred to as tolerance is just plain withdrawal. For example if you've tapered too quickly and get hit with severe withdrawal syndrome, it's going to take longer than just a few weeks for you CNS to stabilize. It's the same process as post jump in that it can take a few months or more to feel better. Just my thoughts.  :)--V

Your thoughts make sense! TY

Hi Everyone,

I want to thank everyone here for the wonderful support.  My husband is now recovering at home.  I am thankful for that. 

I hope everyone is doing well.

Love and Hugs,

Anne  :smitten:

So good to hear Anne! How are you are holding up?

Best wishes to your husband for a quick recovery! :thumbsup:

Hi Valley,

Thanks.  I am doing okay.  I have constant symptoms, but I suppose that is normal when going through a stressful event.

I hope you are doing well.  I remember you saying you were experiencing some anxiety.  I hope that is now better.

Thank you for the get well wishes.

Anne, so glad to hear that things are going better and your hubby is at home and recovering.

Great news! :thumbsup:

Take care,

Heath

Hi Heath,

Thank you so much!!  I hope you are still doing well.  I am still reading through the posts so I can get caught up.

Enjoy your evening,

Anne :smitten:

Hi Everyone,

I want to thank everyone here for the wonderful support.  My husband is now recovering at home.  I am thankful for that. 

I hope everyone is doing well.

Love and Hugs,

So good to hear Anne! How are you are holding up?

Best wishes to your husband for a quick recovery! :thumbsup:

Hi Valley,

Thanks.  I am doing okay.  I have constant symptoms, but I suppose that is normal when going through a stressful event.

I hope you are doing well.  I remember you saying you were experiencing some anxiety.  I hope that is now better.

Thank you for the get well wishes.

Hi Anne. Hope your sxs calm down now that some of the stress has lifted.

I just have minor anxiety that comes and goes. Nothing debilitating. Just annoying lol.  :)--V

Hi all!  Liza has been in contact with perseverance who did all the benzo research posted on BB. They were discussing lavender as a help for withdrawal and perseverance sent her this link:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3639265/

I thought I would pass it along as there was some discussion about it a few days ago. I may even have to swallow my man pride and use it myself lol.  :)--V

Hi all!  Liza has been in contact with perseverance who did all the benzo research posted on BB. They were discussing lavender as a help for withdrawal and perseverance sent her this link:

I thought I would pass it along as there was some discussion about it a few days ago. I may even have to swallow my man pride and use it myself lol.  :)--V

Oh Valley you are all "Man", and I swear by Peppermint tea by Celestial for my tummy, it has helped in more ways than one. and of course I still put drops of oil on my Pillow, just saying, so Liza is just taking a rest from BB? :smitten:

Oh Valley you are all "Man", and I swear by Peppermint tea by Celestial for my tummy, it has helped in more ways than one. and of course I still put drops of oil on my Pillow, just saying, so Liza is just taking a rest from BB? :smitten:

Hi BG. I believe she is taking a break from BB for a while. She would like to be able to report that she is doing well and I think that's why she hasn't posted for a while.  :)--V

Hi BG. I believe she is taking a break from BB for a while. She would like to be able to report that she is doing well and I think that's why she hasn't posted for a while.  :)--V

Thanks Valley, you know I am just teasing right... :angel::smitten:

Hi Begood and everyone,

I am still plagued by awful cramps on and off about every other day. I have been making my own ginger tea as suggested  and it is very soothing. Thanks for that Begood.

You mentioned peppermint tea in your last post. Is that as good as ginger tea?  I am getting lazy and wouldlike to just buy the tea at the store.

I haven't seen ginger tea in packages but I do see peppermint tea. so maybe I'll try that tooand just switch on and off now and then? And see which works best for me?

I just can't stand these cramps and other digestive problems too graphic to describe. It's been almost two weeks now. Not really sure if it's benzo related.  I tend to blame everything on benzos but maybe that's not fair.

Oh oh, time for another visit to the bathroom!

And later on,  should I take Prilosec? Gas X?, Imodium?  Nothing? I hate meds.

Heath

Thanks Valley, you know I am just teasing right... :angel::smitten:

Of course! :)--V

Hi Begood and everyone,

I am still plagued by awful cramps on and off about every other day. I have been making my own ginger tea as suggested  and it is very soothing. Thanks for that Begood.

You mentioned peppermint tea in your last post. Is that as good as ginger tea?  I am getting lazy and wouldlike to just buy the tea at the store.

I haven't seen ginger tea in packages but I do see peppermint tea. so maybe I'll try that tooand just switch on and off now and then? And see which works best for me?

I just can't stand these cramps and other digestive problems too graphic to describe. It's been almost two weeks now. Not really sure if it's benzo related.  I tend to blame everything on benzos but maybe that's not fair.

Heath

Sounds like benzo withdrawal to me Heath. I struggle with the IBS problems and it has been one of the constant sxs I've had. I'm finding a low carb approach is helping but it is pretty drastic and I wouldn't suggest it for everyone.  :)--V

Hi Begood and everyone,

Heath

Prilosec is a no no for me because I am on Valium, and it says it on pkg, I would try to go with natural, Try the Peppermint I love it, but do some reading up first, and like I said I buy the Celestial peppermint and it has done wonders for me so far. I do not add any sugar, I am off of all sweeteners also, I would add sugar if I needed, but I don't. Sweet and Lo and Slpenda are no more for me, I eat low gluten but by choice and I cheat with that, just use the gluten free oats and if I want a bread or a onion bun I will eat it. I eat what I want, but still conscious because I am diabetic 2. Heath read and see if it is for you. It sure has helped me a lot. Oh I see your problem is the runs, see what it says. :smitten:

I guess Im jusr going to jump in here and say I also have the IBS issues almost constantly and I buy Ginger tea in the box. Any health food store should carry a variety of it. The peppermint tea works for me sometimes as well but more for indigestion type stuff. The Ginger helps me more with the cramping stuff.

If its real bad ill take a buscopan which is an over the counter gut muscle relaxer.

Hope you all feel much bette resl soon.

:thumbsup:

ATU

I guess Im jusr going to jump in here and say I also have the IBS issues almost constantly and I buy Ginger tea in the box. Any health food store should carry a variety of it. The peppermint tea works for me sometimes as well but more for indigestion type stuff. The Ginger helps me more with the cramping stuff.

If its real bad ill take a buscopan which is an over the counter gut muscle relaxer.

ATU

Just goes to show us we are all different, the ginger tea helps my nausea when I have it, and the peppermint tea, has relieved me of bloat and pressure on my chest, and other private things. just works differently. :thumbsup:  :smitten:

ATU

Just goes to show us we are all different, the ginger tea helps my nausea when I have it, and the peppermint tea, has relieved me of bloat and pressure on my chest, and other private things. just works differently. :thumbsup:  :smitten:

Its really crazy how we can all react differently to the same stuff but I have found this to be true throughout all my years on here.

Still, we share what may work and in many cases it does!  :thumbsup:

ATU

ATU

Its really crazy how we can all react differently to the same stuff but I have found this to be true throughout all my years on here.

ATU

I know, my tummy is flatter and my skin on my face is glowing and need I say more... :laugh::smitten:

HI everyone..... Just catching up again on posts... Took a little break. I do believe I'm feeling a bit better :) not great , but certainly better than I was. The burning is a little less, except it flares up after I take my doses...what's  that about? But I've been out a few times , just a little grocery shopping and going for a drive to get out . Lots of aches and pains , but I don't mind those so much as mental stuff.

Wish the V didn't make me feel horrid , but I definitely have a bit more energy and that's good!

Let's see... Oh first ....CONGRATULATIONS BEgood!  :-*:thumbsup::D how great to be at 1 mg and having such a better time than previous . Definitely inspirational ....

All so mysterious for each one of us.

Anne, I'm glad all is well with with your husband and I'm sorry you've been stressed, understandable, I hope you can relax and symptoms will subside soon.

Heath... Your tummy.... :(. I wish I had a suggestion for you but I can't think of anything.  Perhaps you are just detoxing.......? Have you changed anything in your diet?

Hi Valley , Gard , Shamo, SS ... Hope you're doing ok.  :)

Love and hugs to all

MiYu

Wow, the headaches and head pressure are being a real bugger the last few days. I actually took half of a Norco tonight to try to knock it down. I hate reaching for narcotics, but this is getting obnoxious.

Head stuff has never been this bad before. Almost two months into my hold.

Meh...

ATU

ATU

I know, my tummy is flatter and my skin on my face is glowing and need I say more... :laugh::smitten:

Wow thanks to ALL OF YOU for your suggestions!

SS... I did go on a liquid diet for two days. It helped. I also tried eating only soft low carb foods and only soluble fiber. That hrlped too.But no matter what I do, the cramps always come back. No nausea thank goodness. I'm going to the GP onMonday just to check it out, but I do think it's benzo related.

I will go to a health food store and a vitamin shop and try to find ready made ginger tea. If I can't find it, I'll just continue to make my own. It really works. But I will try the peppermint tea too.

By the way, IS IT NECESSARY TO PEEL THE GINGER BEFORE MAKING THE TEA ? It's such a bother.

( boy am I lazy)

BEGOOD

THANK YOU. For the heads up about prilosec. I did not know about the interaction. After I read your post, I looked it up and you are so right! I only took it two times, and never again will I take it. It does have interactions with diazepam and it slows down diazapams absorption. I had no idea!

Well I went to the neuro surgeon and again he said my neck pain is from the arthritis I have in my spine. Funny though, how it never bothered me before I went into diazepam withdrawal. But arthritis is progressive, so he is probably right. Only thing is, there's not much that can be done that i'm not doing already, except drugs. I won't take opiates. aleve, Advil, naproxen ibuprofen, Australian Dream, all do nothing for me so I don't take them anymore.

So it's massage, exercises, neck collar. 

BUT...I am holding on to the hope that this awful neck pain IS a benzo withdrawal sxs. And it WILL go away eventually. That's the only real hope I have. I hate to think about having it forever.  But of course, it could always be worse!  LIFE IS SUCH A JOY!

Pity party over!

Heath

HI everyone..... Just catching up again on posts... Took a little break. I do believe I'm feeling a bit better :) not great , but certainly better than I was. The burning is a little less, except it flares up after I take my doses...what's  that about? But I've been out a few times , just a little grocery shopping and going for a drive to get out . Lots of aches and pains , but I don't mind those so much as mental stuff.

Wish the V didn't make me feel horrid , but I definitely have a bit more energy and that's good!

Let's see... Oh first ....CONGRATULATIONS BEgood!  :-*:thumbsup::D how great to be at 1 mg and having such a better time than previous . Definitely inspirational ....

All so mysterious for each one of us.

Anne, I'm glad all is well with with your husband and I'm sorry you've been stressed, understandable, I hope you can relax and symptoms will subside soon.

Heath... Your tummy.... :(. I wish I had a suggestion for you but I can't think of anything.  Perhaps you are just detoxing.......? Have you changed anything in your diet?

Hi Valley , Gard , Shamo, SS ... Hope you're doing ok.  :)

Love and hugs to all

MiYu

So glad you're feeling a little better MiYu! That indicates improvement and that the hold is working. It's slow but you should start to gradually feel better and better. There may be setbacks but if you have periods of feeling better, you know it's working.  :)--V

Wow, the headaches and head pressure are being a real bugger the last few days. I actually took half of a Norco tonight to try to knock it down. I hate reaching for narcotics, but this is getting obnoxious.

Head stuff has never been this bad before. Almost two months into my hold.

Meh...

Hi SS. I can relate to the headache. I have had the worst headaches this week than I've ever had. I couldn't find anything that helped either.  The headache stayed for about 3 days and then just resolved. I know it is withdrawal related as I have them off and on but never to the degree of this week. I hope your headache will resolve soon.  :)--V

[d5...]