Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Valley, I have a question for you, I will be cutting my V tablet in half to get 1mg very soon, and just found out even with the best spliter, because I have the cheapo pills, it is not an even cut, is there any another way I can do this without having to split the pill, I am stumped of course :idiot:

any help will be greatly appreicatied. Right now I would be starting with 99cc of water and 1cc of Vodka. :)

Hi BG. If you want to split the pills, nova probably has the best idea. I've found I can't split mine very even but it seems to work out OK due to the long half life of V. You can also liquefy and take your dose that way.  I try to take a liquid dose of at least 1mg or more a day to keep my body used to dosing with a solution.  :)--V

I have been using lig with the pill all the way from 2mg, I was just thinking that using more water or something would make it 1mg, I am stumped, I will look into what my Sista' advised.  :-\

I dissolve the 2mg pills. Are you liquefying daily?  I usually make enough for a week.

Congratulations on being down to 1mg! :thumbsup:

BTW. I heard from lizagal. She asked me to send everyone her love. She is still struggling but has been able to drive around the neighborhood, get Christmas decorations up and walk the dog every day. She said she is better than she was last year at this time but still really struggling.  :)--V

Good about Liza. yes I taper use lig daily, but I make each day, just like it better, so if I dissolve the 2mg how much lig to make 1mg?, I tried the razor, that looks just like what Nova said and it did crumble also. I'm sorry but numbers are not my forte, being cute is better :D

LOL. You just double the amount of alcohol or PG and water. Then take half. I personally would use 4ml of alcohol or PG and 16ml of water. That gives you a solution of 10ml=1mg of V so you would use 10ml for your dose each day for 2 days. Hope that helps.  :)--V

No now I am really confused, so if i just use the 99cc of water with my 1cc of vodka  and 2mg of V and subtract each day I am just using 1mg not 2mg, now you see we all have our little issues, the easier something is the harder for me, :o:)

Hi BG. You can still do it the way you're doing it but just double the vodka and water. So you would use 2cc of vodka and 198cc of water. Then you would drink 100cc for each of your doses.  :)--V

Ok, now we are talking, I am sorry if I confused you, so since I just use 1cc of Vodka to dissolve I will stay with that and add to 199cc of water, so you mean take out 100cc and the whole 2mg of V is that right then decrease each day like I have when I taper, with me you have to walk beside me. :)

If you're dissolving the 2mg pill, you would want to use at least 2cc of vodka and dilute with 198cc of water. If you're not reducing for a while, you can just drink 100cc of the solution for each dose. When you start to reduce your dose, then we can figure out how much to take out and how much to drink each day. You are holding at this dose for a while. Right?

Valley, I have a question for you, I will be cutting my V tablet in half to get 1mg very soon, and just found out even with the best spliter, because I have the cheapo pills, it is not an even cut, is there any another way I can do this without having to split the pill, I am stumped of course :idiot:

any help will be greatly appreicatied. Right now I would be starting with 99cc of water and 1cc of Vodka. :)

Hi BG. If you want to split the pills, nova probably has the best idea. I've found I can't split mine very even but it seems to work out OK due to the long half life of V. You can also liquefy and take your dose that way.  I try to take a liquid dose of at least 1mg or more a day to keep my body used to dosing with a solution.  :)--V

I have been using lig with the pill all the way from 2mg, I was just thinking that using more water or something would make it 1mg, I am stumped, I will look into what my Sista' advised.  :-\

I dissolve the 2mg pills. Are you liquefying daily?  I usually make enough for a week.

Congratulations on being down to 1mg! :thumbsup:

BTW. I heard from lizagal. She asked me to send everyone her love. She is still struggling but has been able to drive around the neighborhood, get Christmas decorations up and walk the dog every day. She said she is better than she was last year at this time but still really struggling.  :)--V

Good about Liza. yes I taper use lig daily, but I make each day, just like it better, so if I dissolve the 2mg how much lig to make 1mg?, I tried the razor, that looks just like what Nova said and it did crumble also. I'm sorry but numbers are not my forte, being cute is better :D

LOL. You just double the amount of alcohol or PG and water. Then take half. I personally would use 4ml of alcohol or PG and 16ml of water. That gives you a solution of 10ml=1mg of V so you would use 10ml for your dose each day for 2 days. Hope that helps.  :)--V

No now I am really confused, so if i just use the 99cc of water with my 1cc of vodka  and 2mg of V and subtract each day I am just using 1mg not 2mg, now you see we all have our little issues, the easier something is the harder for me, :o:)

Hi BG. You can still do it the way you're doing it but just double the vodka and water. So you would use 2cc of vodka and 198cc of water. Then you would drink 100cc for each of your doses.  :)--V

Ok, now we are talking, I am sorry if I confused you, so since I just use 1cc of Vodka to dissolve I will stay with that and add to 199cc of water, so you mean take out 100cc and the whole 2mg of V is that right then decrease each day like I have when I taper, with me you have to walk beside me. :)

If you're dissolving the 2mg pill, you would want to use at least 2cc of vodka and dilute with 198cc of water. If you're not reducing for a while, you can just drink 100cc of the solution for each dose. When you start to reduce your dose, then we can figure out how much to take out and how much to drink each day. You are holding at this dose for a while. Right?

Yes starting tomorrow I will be holding for a good bit, Ok, I will return to make you loopy, something so easy is just sometimes hard, oh well..... :) One more thing, if I have been using 1cc of Vodka why change it, it dissolves the pill?????

Yes starting tomorrow I will be holding for a good bit, Ok, I will return to make you loopy, something so easy is just sometimes hard, oh well..... :) One more thing, if I have been using 1cc of Vodka why change it, it dissolves the pill?????

You just want to make sure you are getting enough alcohol to turn it into a solution. I think SG and builder suggest using 2ml or 2cc per milligram.  :)--V

You just want to make sure you are getting enough alcohol to turn it into a solution. I think SG and builder suggest using 2ml or 2cc per milligram.  :)--V

OK, it makes a solution or it looks like it, but I will add another 1cc, but this is what I did, I sat down and used my pill split er and it has a guide that you tighten against the pill, and did fairly good cuts, not perfect, but better than this morning, and then I started thinking that just because I cut the pill in half, it still has fillers and I am fairly certain I will get a close enough dose, what do you think? Honestly I can see now what the Benzo brain can do to us, but in the scheme of things I am just a normal Fried Chicken Lover. :)  :angel:

OK, it makes a solution or it looks like it, but I will add another 1cc, but this is what I did, I sat down and used my pill split er and it has a guide that you tighten against the pill, and did fairly good cuts, not perfect, but better than this morning, and then I started thinking that just because I cut the pill in half, it still has fillers and I am fairly certain I will get a close enough dose, what do you think? Honestly I can see now what the Benzo brain can do to us, but in the scheme of things I am just a normal Fried Chicken Lover. :)  :angel:

I think that would work fine. With the half life of V you probably won't notice the slight fluctuations in the daily doses. I just break mine and even though they aren't even, it hasn't seemed to bother me.  :)--V

Hey everyone, finally I am at [glow=red,2,300]"1 mg of Valium"  :smitten::thumbsup::smitten: [/glow] and I will be holding for a while, more than a month or two, first I thought 6 months, but not sure, but know that I can change my mind, but if it is not broke why rush, everything about this taper has been different and doable, and I am so glad before I came to BB that I had the right thoughts of long holds and not rushing with anything and just taking my Time, Patience, Acceptance and Distraction all made this something I could do, I had none of those thoughts during my first two tapers, because I was so sick, that was all I could handle.

Thanks to all My Buddies here that have become my friends and the wonderful support you all give to me and each other. Valley was truly in the midst of my benzo brain this morning, but all is well now, and I promised not to make Fried Chicken for a while. :laugh:  :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hey everyone, finally I am at [glow=red,2,300]"1 mg of Valium"  :smitten::thumbsup::smitten: [/glow] and I will be holding for a while, more than a month or two, first I thought 6 months, but not sure, but know that I can change my mind, but if it is not broke why rush, everything about this taper has been different and doable, and I am so glad before I came to BB that I had the right thoughts of long holds and not rushing with anything and just taking my Time, Patience, Acceptance and Distraction all made this something I could do, I had none of those thoughts during my first two tapers, because I was so sick, that was all I could handle.

Thanks to all My Buddies here that have become my friends and the wonderful support you all give to me and each other. Valley was truly in the midst of my benzo brain this morning, but all is well now, and I promised not to make Fried Chicken for a while. :laugh:  :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

What a milestone! You're getting so close.

I've confused many buddies trying to explain how to make the solution lol. I try to make it easy and I understand perfectly what I'm saying  :).  I was so confused when I started to do liquid and microtaper. I wanted to do it like builder and not have to waste any liquid by tossing it and finally figured out how to do the math. It seems daunting at first but now it's just second nature when mixing and reducing.  :)--V

What a milestone! You're getting so close.

I've confused many buddies trying to explain how to make the solution lol. I try to make it easy and I understand perfectly what I'm saying  :).  I was so confused when I started to do liquid and microtaper. I wanted to do it like builder and not have to waste any liquid by tossing it and finally figured out how to do the math. It seems daunting at first but now it's just second nature when mixing and reducing.  :)--V

Thanks it is a milestone. Suffice it to say I could never help anyone with all the numbers and such, but when you get something, then have a little bump like I did, it can cause it to look like a Mountain, but I am good now. LOL. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Congratulations, BG!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congratulations, BG!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Gard. :)

Hey everyone, finally I am at "1 mg of Valium"  :smitten::thumbsup::smitten: and I will be holding for a while, more than a month or two, first I thought 6 months, but not sure, but know that I can change my mind, but if it is not broke why rush, everything about this taper has been different and doable, and I am so glad before I came to BB that I had the right thoughts of long holds and not rushing with anything and just taking my Time, Patience, Acceptance and Distraction all made this something I could do, I had none of those thoughts during my first two tapers, because I was so sick, that was all I could handle.

:highfive::yippee::clap::hug:

http://animatedimagepic.com/image/congratulations/congratulations-1588.gif

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Congratulations Begood!!  I am so happy for you. 

Anne xoxox

Thanks Anne, hope everything is better for you and Hubby, we have missed you here, but know that our Life with loved ones is so very important to our well being. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Everyone,

I want to thank everyone here for the wonderful support.  My husband is now recovering at home.  I am thankful for that. 

I hope everyone is doing well.

Love and Hugs,

Anne  :smitten:

Hi Everyone,

I want to thank everyone here for the wonderful support.  My husband is now recovering at home.  I am thankful for that. 

I hope everyone is doing well.

Love and Hugs,

Anne  :smitten:

So good to hear Anne! How are you are holding up?

Best wishes to your husband for a quick recovery! :thumbsup:

YAY!  Great news.

All the best! I know it will go smoothly. You give us all so much hope and inspiration! All power to you  Begood and CONGRATULATIONS on being down to 1 mg!

Heath.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :thumbsup:

BeatBenzos - I worry about that all the time.

Heath, how are you feeling - the digestive thing? Do you think you had a bug, or was it benzo belly crap?

YAY!  Great news.

All the best! I know it will go smoothly. You give us all so much hope and inspiration! All power to you  Begood and CONGRATULATIONS on being down to 1 mg!

Heath.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :thumbsup:

[glow=red,2,300]"THANKS"[/glow] Heath so much. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[43...]