Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi guys. Still meh, still holding.    :sick:

Hello! You used the sick icon in you signature so I guess you are feeling sick? Hope you feel better soon.

Heath :smitten:

Hi guys. Still meh, still holding.    :sick:

Hi SS. Hang in there! Sometimes it seems it's taking forever but your body is working hard to adjust and hopefully it will be soon! :)--V

SS, the thing about this Life we  are going through right now, it can take a long time, more than we think, and then again it can turn on a dime. Keep as busy as you can, I know not feeling well does not make this always easy, one nano second at a time, and breath, perhaps some funny movies, anything to think of something else, and one thing I have read, a good cry stimulates our feel good centers in the Brain, sometimes it takes a lot, but as V said [glow=red,2,300]"Hang in There."[/glow] :)

Thanks buddies. I had a good cry today when I learned that one of my favorite musicians died earlier this week. Geez, it's been a hell of a year for losing them. I've been listening to his music and watching videos this evening and blubbering like a baby. I had a major crush on this guy when I was a teenager, and saw him twice in concert, so I feel like I lost someone I grew up with.

Maybe just needing to let some emotion out... but now of course I have one MF of a headache. Going to take a motrin and get back to the music. "21st Century Schizoid Man" needs to be played loud.

The best thing that I have found is distraction.  To get out of your head.  I try to stay busy and to find one thing that I would enjoy, that would give me pleasure, happiness or a sense of accomplishment.  It can be a movie, a walk in the park, listening to music, a good book or, even, cleaning my house or doing some chores.  Something...anything.  Maybe I'll make myself a hot fudge sundae.  We all deserve something nice.  Treat yourself well.  Kindly.  :smitten:

I am wondering whats going on with Pleasebehere, and BAT. She has not been on the forum for two or three days. I'm worried about her.

PLEASEBEHERE, WHERE ARE YOU?

Are you Ok?  Please let us know how you are doing.

Heath :-\

Let's just hope that Please is focused on BAT right now. Of course, it could be  a bad wave, but I hope not. We're thinking of you Please!

Gard :smitten:

SS.  :therethere:

A good cry is good for the soul. It always makes me feel better, even if nothing else has changed much. I'm sorry about your favorite musician's passing. It's so hard to lose someone who is special to you in some way.

I hope you are feeling better today.

Heath  :smitten:

Hey guys I posted this in 'other medications' but thought I'd put it here in case it helps anyone.

Just wanted to do a little write up on lyrica. I've been doing some research and found that some people were having a lot of success with lyrica. It doesn't affect gaba/glutamate and works in a different way in the brain. It's a medication used for a number of things. The main one is nerve pain but they are now finding it very helpful for anxiety/depression.

I got some from a doctor last week. I took it on the wknd and each day I took it my mood went up dramatically and a lot of my withdrawal worries went away. I went from being housebound and scared to go out to going out on the town friday, sat, sun night. Even had a couple of sneaky drinks. Each morning I woke up with no comedown or ill affects. Just felt a tiny bit out of it which wore off quickly. There was no euphoria or anything like that...just a more positive feeling. 

You can take it every day but I'm only going to use it when I need to get out and do things. Probably just on the wknds. Plus you can become dependent on it pretty quickly and I don't want to get stuck on another med as lyrica withdrawal can also be a rough ride as well. I've still got my same symptoms now and it doesn't cure withdrawal...but it definitely was a massive help and I actually went out and lived life for a change.

Anyone else have experience with this med?

Valley, I have a question for you, I will be cutting my V tablet in half to get 1mg very soon, and just found out even with the best spliter, because I have the cheapo pills, it is not an even cut, is there any another way I can do this without having to split the pill, I am stumped of course :idiot:

any help will be greatly appreicatied. Right now I would be starting with 99cc of water and 1cc of Vodka. :)

Valley, I have a question for you, I will be cutting my V tablet in half to get 1mg very soon, and just found out even with the best spliter, because I have the cheapo pills, it is not an even cut, is there any another way I can do this without having to split the pill, I am stumped of course :idiot:

any help will be greatly appreicatied. Right now I would be starting with 99cc of water and 1cc of Vodka. :)

Hi Sista'  :hug: I use these blades here, https://www.amazon.com/Draper-Spare-Blades-41934-Scraper/dp/B001FCPBJW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481550193&sr=8-1&keywords=Draper+Pack+Of+Five+Spare+Blades+For+41934+Scraper

Their much more accurate, I put on the pill line and gently wiggle it so it slides smack centre of the line by its self then lean on it, a clean cut more accurate  than a pill cutter. All the pill cutters I have either don't cut equal halves or crumble the pills up but the blades works fine.  :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey guys I posted this in 'other medications' but thought I'd put it here in case it helps anyone.

Just wanted to do a little write up on lyrica. I've been doing some research and found that some people were having a lot of success with lyrica. It doesn't affect gaba/glutamate and works in a different way in the brain. It's a medication used for a number of things. The main one is nerve pain but they are now finding it very helpful for anxiety/depression.

I got some from a doctor last week. I took it on the wknd and each day I took it my mood went up dramatically and a lot of my withdrawal worries went away. I went from being housebound and scared to go out to going out on the town friday, sat, sun night. Even had a couple of sneaky drinks. Each morning I woke up with no comedown or ill affects. Just felt a tiny bit out of it which wore off quickly. There was no euphoria or anything like that...just a more positive feeling. 

You can take it every day but I'm only going to use it when I need to get out and do things. Probably just on the wknds. Plus you can become dependent on it pretty quickly and I don't want to get stuck on another med as lyrica withdrawal can also be a rough ride as well. I've still got my same symptoms now and it doesn't cure withdrawal...but it definitely was a massive help and I actually went out and lived life for a change.

Anyone else have experience with this med?

Hi Shamo. I've used it in the past and found that it feels a little like hydrocodone but isn't a narcotic. It didn't do much for my nerve pain but I wasn't using it for benzo withdrawal. It sounds like you're using it wisely and not every day which is good because dependence can develop quickly with it.  :)--V

Hi BG. If you want to split the pills, nova probably has the best idea. I've found I can't split mine very even but it seems to work out OK due to the long half life of V. You can also liquefy and take your dose that way.  I try to take a liquid dose of at least 1mg or more a day to keep my body used to dosing with a solution.  :)--V

Ohk cool vally! It doesnt give me a similar feeling to opiates but I guess thats cause ive been using them all year. It was more of a slight elevated mood and finding things interesting and funny in a similar way to weed. Either way, ive learnt my lesson from these benzos and opiates and wont be taking it often. But its good to know it something can help a bit!

Hi BG. If you want to split the pills, nova probably has the best idea. I've found I can't split mine very even but it seems to work out OK due to the long half life of V. You can also liquefy and take your dose that way.  I try to take a liquid dose of at least 1mg or more a day to keep my body used to dosing with a solution.  :)--V

I have been using lig with the pill all the way from 2mg, I was just thinking that using more water or something would make it 1mg, I am stumped, I will look into what my Sista' advised.  :-\

I have been using lig with the pill all the way from 2mg, I was just thinking that using more water or something would make it 1mg, I am stumped, I will look into what my Sista' advised.  :-\

I dissolve the 2mg pills. Are you liquefying daily?  I usually make enough for a week.

Congratulations on being down to 1mg! :thumbsup:

BTW. I heard from lizagal. She asked me to send everyone her love. She is still struggling but has been able to drive around the neighborhood, get Christmas decorations up and walk the dog every day. She said she is better than she was last year at this time but still really struggling.  :)--V

I dissolve the 2mg pills. Are you liquefying daily?  I usually make enough for a week.

BTW. I heard from lizagal. She asked me to send everyone her love. She is still struggling but has been able to drive around the neighborhood, get Christmas decorations up and walk the dog every day. She said she is better than she was last year at this time but still really struggling.  :)--V

Good about Liza. yes I taper use lig daily, but I make each day, just like it better, so if I dissolve the 2mg how much lig to make 1mg?, I tried the razor, that looks just like what Nova said and it did crumble also. I'm sorry but numbers are not my forte, being cute is better :D

Good about Liza. yes I taper use lig daily, but I make each day, just like it better, so if I dissolve the 2mg how much lig to make 1mg?, I tried the razor, that looks just like what Nova said and it did crumble also. I'm sorry but numbers are not my forte, being cute is better :D

LOL. You just double the amount of alcohol or PG and water. Then take half. I personally would use 4ml of alcohol or PG and 16ml of water. That gives you a solution of 10ml=1mg of V so you would use 10ml for your dose each day for 2 days. Hope that helps.  :)--V

LOL. You just double the amount of alcohol or PG and water. Then take half. I personally would use 4ml of alcohol or PG and 16ml of water. That gives you a solution of 10ml=1mg of V so you would use 10ml for your dose each day for 2 days. Hope that helps.  :)--V

No now I am really confused, so if i just use the 99cc of water with my 1cc of vodka  and 2mg of V and subtract each day I am just using 1mg not 2mg, now you see we all have our little issues, the easier something is the harder for me, :o:)

BG, Since you will be on only 1 mg. of V just break pill in half and do it all liquid like you have.  take half in morning and half at night and taper either dose.  Or just take whole dose in liquid if that is what you have been doing.  Just use the other half of pill next day and it will all even out.  Hope this helps, I'm real confused to what Valley said also. 

BG, Since you will be on only 1 mg. of V just break pill in half and do it all liquid like you have.  take half in morning and half at night and taper either dose.  Or just take whole dose in liquid if that is what you have been doing.  Just use the other half of pill next day and it will all even out.  Hope this helps, I'm real confused to what Valley said also.

I only dose once a day, it is just not a clean cut, and I have something like Nova was talking about, but it still breaks up the pill, I just want to start with my 1mg and water, vodka but the cut is not even, that is what the problem is, yes I got about going down each day, I just thought that using more water made the % go down.  :-[

No now I am really confused, so if i just use the 99cc of water with my 1cc of vodka  and 2mg of V and subtract each day I am just using 1mg not 2mg, now you see we all have our little issues, the easier something is the harder for me, :o:)

Hi BG. You can still do it the way you're doing it but just double the vodka and water. So you would use 2cc of vodka and 198cc of water. Then you would drink 100cc for each of your doses.  :)--V

Hi BG. You can still do it the way you're doing it but just double the vodka and water. So you would use 2cc of vodka and 198cc of water. Then you would drink 100cc for each of your doses.  :)--V

Ok, now we are talking, I am sorry if I confused you, so since I just use 1cc of Vodka to dissolve I will stay with that and add to 199cc of water, so you mean take out 100cc and the whole 2mg of V is that right then decrease each day like I have when I taper, with me you have to walk beside me. :)

[4e...]