Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Sorry, I don't know why I post about my tummy. This forum is really not for that.  I don't think it's benzo related. Sorry

Heath

Don't be silly, Heath. Lots of people report tummy problems from benzos. And from stress! Haven't had that lately, though. Just my Celiac tummy stuff.

And it just did it again and I had to start over! >:(

Your message just disappeared and reappeared too! JK :laugh:

Who is JK?, Gard go to Techincal Thread and place your concern, I am going to place mine, because it is different. :)

JK = just kidding.  :)-- V

Oh Ok, I am a babe just learning all the lingo,  :D :D :D

I take it you don't have teens or young adults texting you? And neither does V, because they never capitalize jk! Of course, they rarely capitalize anything. ::)

Is that fryer hot enough yet? jk (or not)

I told my kids not to text me because if they want to talk then they can call lol. I hate texting.  :)--V

I don't even have a keyboard on my phone, but that doesn't stop them from texting me. It just stops me from texting them. lol (Yes, I have been informed that nobody says lol any more! ::))

Really? LOL

:2funny:

And it just did it again and I had to start over! >:(

Your message just disappeared and reappeared too! JK :laugh:

Who is JK?, Gard go to Techincal Thread and place your concern, I am going to place mine, because it is different. :)

JK = just kidding.  :)-- V

Oh Ok, I am a babe just learning all the lingo,  :D :D :D

I take it you don't have teens or young adults texting you? And neither does V, because they never capitalize jk! Of course, they rarely capitalize anything. ::)

Is that fryer hot enough yet? jk (or not)

I told my kids not to text me because if they want to talk then they can call lol. I hate texting.  :)--V

Feel the same, once in a while I will send a message, but I do not call it texting, just a message I just use  :phone: :phone: :phone::)

Sorry, I don't know why I post about my tummy. This forum is really not for that.  I don't think it's benzo related. Sorry

Heath

Don't be silly, Heath. Lots of people report tummy problems from benzos. And from stress! Haven't had that lately, though. Just my Celiac tummy stuff.

Thanks for that, Gard.  :smitten:

Heath

Heath not to worry, post how you are feeling Young Lady anytime OK. :) Nite all.

V, I would keep those chickens on lock and key tonight.lol :clap::yippee::clap:

My children claim to not know how to  :phone: and do not answer if I call!  So I leave a message and they text back. >:(

I'll bet even V's chickens know how to  :phone:

Did u folks find the missing buddies? Heath, I have severe stomach issues too, it's totally cool to share. Bloat, naseau,  most food smells make me sick. Bland, basic food.ike fruit,

, veggies, soups, oatmeal. I have become a vegetarian  during the taper, I can't deal with meat at all.I have always eaten a super healthy diet, just had to simplify it. I eat a,little bit of food about every 4 hours just to keep myself healthy. Very small meals help. It's hardest to eat in the morning, so go for a very small portion of something you can tolerate. I usually eat half an apple and a piece of Rudis raisin bread (totally healthy, no additives.) Later comes vegetables, beans or Adams peanut butter for protein, a glass of milk. Dinner is usually oatmel. Find what you can tolerate, and eat small and freuently. I still throw up, but it's  not as bed. My abdomen is crazy swollen, and the stupid antibiotics made it worse. I have just accepted that I'm  gassy. I make myself eat. Because keeping my body as healthy as possible removes blood sugar drops and will head off sugar cravings. I go through almost a gallon of water a day.  Benzo belly, baby.

MiYu,

Gosh, when you first come here and read "avoid this" and take this, that and the other - well, it can make your head spin.  All the different advice and often it's more than advice as it's put out there as a "must".  I've never taken supplements and I wasn't gong to start.  As to the food restrictions, I'd of starved.  And certain things - like coffee and sweets actually made me feel alot better.

We're all very individual and it's trial and error.  The one overriding theme, which I subscribe to, is that if something isn't working try something else until you find something that works, whether it be slowing down, holding, crossing over, etc. 

Hope you start feeling better.  :smitten: :smitten:

Lynn, you are an inspiration! With all the years you were on meds and you are so strong. I guess I'll continue my hold for now, it's only been two months plus a week, and I had some 'blips' ( thank you Begood :)with dosing and changing the 1/4 to liquid.

Thanks for the continued encouragement to hold everyone. I think I should give it 4 months at least to see if I have improvements eh? I do struggle with the mind that says, 'but you've only cut 1.75 mg,'

And everyone else went so much faster in the beginning. But I was in pretty bad shape when I started this benzo journey, from an emotional trauma , and from the steroids.

So I wasn't strong. I actually felt strongest on th klonopin, but hated how it knocked me out. I had more energy on it, but when I tried to taper it , ooh that was hard . The crossover to V was a nightmare, so I'm recovering from that too I think.

I'm sure these benzos must work on different receptors, I was in such bad WDs all through my cross .

Funny though , I did feel more stable once I finished my cross for a bout a month. Once I got past 9 mg is when I started to get in trouble. If I had known about holding that would have been a good time to do it. Ah well, here I am at 81/4 and not keen on up dosing for now.

I guess if I can't get stable I will have to revisit this choice.

Accepting the time this is taking when I was only on for less than a year is another biggie for me. But perhaps I can look at it positively - I can take my time coming off :)

Heath- hope you feel better :smitten:

Hi valley , Gard and Begood  :hug:

You are going to be alright, just remember it takes time, and keep distracted with something, maybe start a small project or start a fun Thread here, you will be surprised what keeping distracted does for your thinking about this taper crap, I know you are going to be alright. Hang in there. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks Begood  :)...I've started hand sewing some cashmere knit hats from old sweaters.... I like sewing, and that makes me feel like I'm doing something positive. It's hard some days , but I try to do a little each day. Thanks for feeling me I'm going to be alright  :smitten:

MiYu,

Gosh, when you first come here and read "avoid this" and take this, that and the other - well, it can make your head spin.  All the different advice and often it's more than advice as it's put out there as a "must".  I've never taken supplements and I wasn't gong to start.  As to the food restrictions, I'd of starved.  And certain things - like coffee and sweets actually made me feel alot better.

We're all very individual and it's trial and error.  The one overriding theme, which I subscribe to, is that if something isn't working try something else until you find something that works, whether it be slowing down, holding, crossing over, etc. 

Hope you start feeling better.  :smitten: :smitten:

Lynn, you are an inspiration! With all the years you were on meds and you are so strong. I guess I'll continue my hold for now, it's only been two months plus a week, and I had some 'blips' ( thank you Begood :)with dosing and changing the 1/4 to liquid.

Thanks for the continued encouragement to hold everyone. I think I should give it 4 months at least to see if I have improvements eh? I do struggle with the mind that says, 'but you've only cut 1.75 mg,'

And everyone else went so much faster in the beginning. But I was in pretty bad shape when I started this benzo journey, from an emotional trauma , and from the steroids.

So I wasn't strong. I actually felt strongest on th klonopin, but hated how it knocked me out. I had more energy on it, but when I tried to taper it , ooh that was hard . The crossover to V was a nightmare, so I'm recovering from that too I think.

I'm sure these benzos must work on different receptors, I was in such bad WDs all through my cross .

Funny though , I did feel more stable once I finished my cross for a bout a month. Once I got past 9 mg is when I started to get in trouble. If I had known about holding that would have been a good time to do it. Ah well, here I am at 81/4 and not keen on up dosing for now.

I guess if I can't get stable I will have to revisit this choice.

Accepting the time this is taking when I was only on for less than a year is another biggie for me. But perhaps I can look at it positively - I can take my time coming off :)

Heath- hope you feel better :smitten:

Hi valley , Gard and Begood  :hug:

Hi MiYu. I'm finding the closer I get to 9 (at 9.25 now) the quicker the sxs are coming on. I know several have had issues at this level (seems like 6 and 3 are the other tough spots). I know you're frustrated with the amount of  time it's taking to get off. I would throw out the calendar and focus on being functional and feeling good. My plan current plan will take 3 more years but I really like the fact that I forget that I'm in withdrawal for most of the day. You're still early on in hold when you look at the big picture. I promise it's worth it when you finally feel good! :) --V

Thanks V.... Can't wait for that day when I finally feel good again! I do believe it will come one of these days . Certainly true that the symptoms have come on faster and more intensely with the smaller cuts as I reduced. Holding definitely in order for now.  :)

Hope your tummy feels better soon Heath  :(

The cutest little cat just showed up at my door tonight. She  has made herself right at home. Purring on my bed right now. I love cats and had to give mine up after the Valley Fire .

Don't know if she'll stick around but it's  nice to have some company !  :)

My children claim to not know how to  :phone: and do not answer if I call!  So I leave a message and they text back. >:(

They are computer literate.  This is one helping me work.  :laugh:

Heath

So maybe it is bnzo related. I don't know. I know what you mean by celiac tummy stuff. Celiac is in my family, but I don't have it. My niece and nephew do. But I can't eat wheat. I'm sensitive to it.

The cutest little cat just showed up at my door tonight. She  has made herself right at home. Purring on my bed right now. I love cats and had to give mine up after the Valley Fire .

You know what they say about cats, MIYU.  You don't choose your cat, your cat chooses YOU!

Looks like this little kitty needs you as  much as you need it.  I think you should let it stay. It will be good for both if you.  I just LOVE CATS!

They are computer literate.  This is one helping me work.  :laugh:

Is this really your chicken or a meme? Tell the truth!

I had that happen once but it was the neighbor's cat who had bailed out because they were having family reunion with gazillions of people and dogs. It was very nice to have her hanging around while she did. We're not allowed pets in this rental and I love cats, so it was kind of a gift from above. Hope your little gift hangs around!

My benzo belly of 3 days is starting to deflate - slowly.  I now look only 7 months pregnant! ;)

Hope your belly gets back to normal soon Heath! :smitten:

[glow=red,2,300]HEY EVERYONE HERE IS A GREAT THREAD TO READ, BY ONE OF OUR OWN. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:[/glow]

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=170572.0

That is a great thread BG. I was reading it this morning. There is another about tapering slowly that fits nicely with it.  :)--V

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=170571.msg2272981;topicseen#msg2272981

Begood.... My apologies... I am very sick and can barely move... My limbs feel paralyzed and cannot breathe - dystonic reactions.... In a nutshell feel close to dying

Begood.... My apologies... I am very sick and can barely move... My limbs feel paralyzed and cannot breathe - dystonic reactions.... In a nutshell feel close to dying

Hi Please. We are thinking of you! :)--V

Hi Please. We are thinking of you! :)--V

V- please don't let me die... I can't endure the sxs any longer..... I love all of you here for supporting me....

I am so sorry, should you seek medical help? Is there anyone with you?.

[1c...]