Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Been on amoxicillin 6 days. (sinus infection) Picked the most benign antibiotic I could. but, in a wave since it stated. Could the damage it does to my gut cause me to not fully absorb the benzo? Everyday I consider throwing it away. 6 days to go. My sleep has been getting less and less, and I am not getting relief from my doses. No sleep last night.

Thoughts?

Baddove, I'm not recommending this but just want to tell you , that I personally don't trust the , gotta finish your course in abx POV . I have stopped them usually half way through whenever I've taken them , and nothing terrible has happened. If it were me I'd throw it out, I could probably get in trouble for saying that, but I just believ the body has its own healing capacity and once you are through the worst of your symptoms for whatever you are taking them for, I get rid of them .... :smitten:

MiYu,

Gosh, when you first come here and read "avoid this" and take this, that and the other - well, it can make your head spin.  All the different advice and often it's more than advice as it's put out there as a "must".  I've never taken supplements and I wasn't gong to start.  As to the food restrictions, I'd of starved.  And certain things - like coffee and sweets actually made me feel alot better.

We're all very individual and it's trial and error.  The one overriding theme, which I subscribe to, is that if something isn't working try something else until you find something that works, whether it be slowing down, holding, crossing over, etc. 

Hope you start feeling better.  :smitten: :smitten:

Lynn, you are an inspiration! With all the years you were on meds and you are so strong. I guess I'll continue my hold for now, it's only been two months plus a week, and I had some 'blips' ( thank you Begood :)with dosing and changing the 1/4 to liquid.

Thanks for the continued encouragement to hold everyone. I think I should give it 4 months at least to see if I have improvements eh? I do struggle with the mind that says, 'but you've only cut 1.75 mg,'

And everyone else went so much faster in the beginning. But I was in pretty bad shape when I started this benzo journey, from an emotional trauma , and from the steroids.

So I wasn't strong. I actually felt strongest on th klonopin, but hated how it knocked me out. I had more energy on it, but when I tried to taper it , ooh that was hard . The crossover to V was a nightmare, so I'm recovering from that too I think.

I'm sure these benzos must work on different receptors, I was in such bad WDs all through my cross .

Funny though , I did feel more stable once I finished my cross for a bout a month. Once I got past 9 mg is when I started to get in trouble. If I had known about holding that would have been a good time to do it. Ah well, here I am at 81/4 and not keen on up dosing for now.

I guess if I can't get stable I will have to revisit this choice.

Accepting the time this is taking when I was only on for less than a year is another biggie for me. But perhaps I can look at it positively - I can take my time coming off :)

Heath- hope you feel better :smitten:

Hi valley , Gard and Begood  :hug:

Gard, Safari is another web browser.  Something probably updated and is sending you there as your main browser.  Go into yuor settings and reset browser, thats all I know that you could do.  I'm not really computer literate.

Hi to the thread. I have been having BB locking up on me quite a bit when I try to post. So a quick hello and hope this goes through!

Gard :smitten:

Gard, Does a box pop up sayin it is the wrong script? that is what I am seeing on my laptop each evening?, can click on yes and it will finally let me post, but I have to log out of my laptop completely at least once an evening. >:(

Valley do you know why this is happening about the pop up box?

I don't have a clue BG. I always post on an iPad and haven't experienced that issue.  :)--V

That locking up thing when I post happens to me every so often as well. Don't know why.

Been on amoxicillin 6 days. (sinus infection) Picked the most benign antibiotic I could. but, in a wave since it stated. Could the damage it does to my gut cause me to not fully absorb the benzo? Everyday I consider throwing it away. 6 days to go. My sleep has been getting less and less, and I am not getting relief from my doses. No sleep last night.

Thoughts?

Baddove, I'm not recommending this but just want to tell you , that I personally don't trust the , gotta finish your course in abx POV . I have stopped them usually half way through whenever I've taken them , and nothing terrible has happened. If it were me I'd throw it out, I could probably get in trouble for saying that, but I just believ the body has its own healing capacity and once you are through the worst of your symptoms for whatever you are taking them for, I get rid of them .... :smitten:

I threw them away. Every day since I started them, I have been getting not only an increasing wave and insomnia, but migraines and nausea, all the goodies. My sinuses will have to heal without them. Thanks for the encouragement. After last night (zero sleep, migraine, dry heaves, huge amp) I can't handle them anymore.

MiYu,

Gosh, when you first come here and read "avoid this" and take this, that and the other - well, it can make your head spin.  All the different advice and often it's more than advice as it's put out there as a "must".  I've never taken supplements and I wasn't gong to start.  As to the food restrictions, I'd of starved.  And certain things - like coffee and sweets actually made me feel alot better.

We're all very individual and it's trial and error.  The one overriding theme, which I subscribe to, is that if something isn't working try something else until you find something that works, whether it be slowing down, holding, crossing over, etc. 

Lynn, you are an inspiration! With all the years you were on meds and you are so strong. I guess I'll continue my hold for now, it's only been two months plus a week, and I had some 'blips' ( thank you Begood :)with dosing and changing the 1/4 to liquid.

Thanks for the continued encouragement to hold everyone. I think I should give it 4 months at least to see if I have improvements eh? I do struggle with the mind that says, 'but you've only cut 1.75 mg,'

And everyone else went so much faster in the beginning. But I was in pretty bad shape when I started this benzo journey, from an emotional trauma , and from the steroids.

So I wasn't strong. I actually felt strongest on th klonopin, but hated how it knocked me out. I had more energy on it, but when I tried to taper it , ooh that was hard . The crossover to V was a nightmare, so I'm recovering from that too I think.

I'm sure these benzos must work on different receptors, I was in such bad WDs all through my cross .

Funny though , I did feel more stable once I finished my cross for a bout a month. Once I got past 9 mg is when I started to get in trouble. If I had known about holding that would have been a good time to do it. Ah well, here I am at 81/4 and not keen on up dosing for now.

Accepting the time this is taking when I was only on for less than a year is another biggie for me. But perhaps I can look at it positively - I can take my time coming off :)

You are going to be alright, just remember it takes time, and keep distracted with something, maybe start a small project or start a fun Thread here, you will be surprised what keeping distracted does for your thinking about this taper crap, I know you are going to be alright. Hang in there. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

And it just did it again and I had to start over! >:(

Your message just disappeared and reappeared too! JK :laugh:

Who is JK?, Gard go to Techincal Thread and place your concern, I am going to place mine, because it is different. :)

MiYu,

Hi MiYu. I'm finding the closer I get to 9 (at 9.25 now) the quicker the sxs are coming on. I know several have had issues at this level (seems like 6 and 3 are the other tough spots). I know you're frustrated with the amount of  time it's taking to get off. I would throw out the calendar and focus on being functional and feeling good. My plan current plan will take 3 more years but I really like the fact that I forget that I'm in withdrawal for most of the day. You're still early on in hold when you look at the big picture. I promise it's worth it when you finally feel good! :) --V

Who is JK?, Gard go to Techincal Thread and place your concern, I am going to place mine, because it is different. :)

JK = just kidding.  :)-- V

Oh Ok, I am a babe just learning all the lingo,  :D :D :D

Naughty, V!

BG, get that chicken fryer warmed up!

I take it you don't have teens or young adults texting you? And neither does V, because they never capitalize jk! Of course, they rarely capitalize anything. ::)

Is that fryer hot enough yet? jk (or not)

Has anyone heard from Please today, I am worried about her.

I think I saw her on another thread recently. Try doing a search for her posts.

I'm back again with the tummy problem. It's better when I wake up but as the day goes on, it is back again. Cramps and gassy feeling. I hope it leaves me soon. My friend told me to stay on just liquids, but I am NOT. Nauseous.  I'm eating a soft diet. Scrambled eggs,chicken broth, tea, toast, little bit of chicken and nice portions of rice . Stopping the rice today. Don't need it any more. Diahrea gone. :-[ :

Not posting. Don't feel good. Sorry. Hope you are all doing ok. Especially MIYU and Pleasebehere who are struggling and suffering so.

Has anyone heard from Anne? I hope her husband's surgery went well.

Heath  :-[

I take it you don't have teens or young adults texting you? And neither does V, because they never capitalize jk! Of course, they rarely capitalize anything. ::)

I told my kids not to text me because if they want to talk then they can call lol. I hate texting.  :)--V

Nothing from Anne yet, and she hasn't been on BB for 2 days. I'm trying to assume she is just not able to get online since that has happened in the past.

Gard

Thoughts?

I threw them away. My husband is on board with me stopping them. Every day since I started them, I have been getting not only an increasing wave and insomnia, but migraines and nausea, all the goodies. My sinuses will have to heal without them. Thanks for the encouragement. After last night (zero sleep, migraine, dry heaves, huge amp) I can't handle them anymore.

I hope you feel better soon Baddove. Withdrawal is bad enough without having to deal with being sick with something else!

:therethere:  Heath

No she was on line today but did not post on her threads.

I told my kids not to text me because if they want to talk then they can call lol. I hate texting.  :)--V

I don't even have a keyboard on my phone, but that doesn't stop them from texting me. It just stops me from texting them. lol (Yes, I have been informed that nobody says lol any more! ::))

No she was on line today but did not post on her threads.

Click show posts on her profile page and you'll see her most recent post at the top.

I don't even have a keyboard on my phone, but that doesn't stop them from texting me. It just stops me from texting them. lol (Yes, I have been informed that nobody says lol any more! ::))

Really? LOL

[d8...]