Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks guys. I did a .5mg updose, from 2.8 to about 3.3mg. I feel really bad about doing it, like I have undone my hard work. But I was feeling kind of frantic.

I just hope I haven't caused any damage.  :(

Please don't feel bad. We call that a dose correction. If a correction is needed, it is needed. If it enables you to function, have a better life and a better taper, then it is worth it. I doubt very much you have caused any damage.

Gard :smitten:

SS,

Lots of people do updoses.  Had you been doing well?  If you just had a bad day/wave then maybe you can just drop back down.  I've never updosed but V has as well as others here.  I've seen many on BB who have taken an extra dose to get thru a bad day and then resumed their dose.  If you drop down and things are still bad then you can go up - maybe less than the updose.  I'd just feel my way thru it.

I'm sorry things are so bad.  :(

Hope you're feeling better, Heath. Not getting enough calories can make you feel cold, but resting your gut is a good thing to do if you have a stomach bug. I'm on board with the ginger tea. It will help warm you up, too! Add a little honey for calories. You'll be feeling better in no time. :thumbsup:

As for what is benzo belly? I have no idea!

Hi Lynn, kind of a spiral downward over the past few days, with today becoming pretty intolerable.

I just thought that at six plus weeks I would have been through the worst of my dose at this point. Mystified as to why it got so bad now.  :(

SS,

That's how it goes sometimes and it knocks you for a loop because you were feeling better and it's so unexpected AND demoralizing.  That's probably the worst aspect of this wd process - the comings and goings.  I'd see how you feel tomorrow.  Maybe just try your prior dose and see what happens.  It could have just been a wave.

Having a downturn after so many weeks is not unusual.  I'd guess most of us have been there - I have.  For me, it didn't last too long and I was back on track.

Hi Lynn, kind of a spiral downward over the past few days, with today becoming pretty intolerable.

I just thought that at six plus weeks I would have been through the worst of my dose at this point. Mystified as to why it got so bad now.  :(

The same thing has happened to me SS..... The last few days have been torture for me, it's scary and disheartening. Especially when you're holding and thinking things will get better. I'm going into month three , tho I realize I did loose a little of my dose when I started liquidizing my 1/4 mg of the 8.25 V that I'm on, a tiny amount, but I think it might have ruined my hold.

Anyway, I'm with you. Thank god for the veterans here who have been through this and survived, and even doing well now. Keeps hope alive.

Today way so scary for me and the slightest thing freaks me out , like going to see a new doc next week, the pharmacy questioning my refill , even tho I have some pills set aside for emergency . Even a friend coming to visit. Just lots of fear.

So , let's hope things will be better for both of us tomorrow . I'm grateful to read the responses to your post as they helped me too.  :hug:

I feel like I'm uniquely sensitive to these drugs and that I'll never recover ! But I know that can't be true.

Heath....look after yourself and I hope you feel better soon :smitten:

Hugs to everyone ,

MiYu :smitten:

MiYu,

Gosh, when you first come here and read "avoid this" and take this, that and the other - well, it can make your head spin.  All the different advice and often it's more than advice as it's put out there as a "must".  I've never taken supplements and I wasn't gong to start.  As to the food restrictions, I'd of starved.  And certain things - like coffee and sweets actually made me feel alot better.

We're all very individual and it's trial and error.  The one overriding theme, which I subscribe to, is that if something isn't working try something else until you find something that works, whether it be slowing down, holding, crossing over, etc. 

Hope you start feeling better.  :smitten: :smitten:

Please, I up dosed after hilding for 6 months and was fine. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you. It can take time to really notice the benefits though.

SS, sorry for the rough time. Done beat yourself up over a dose correction. It's just a tool to help your brain and body stabilize and it can take a week or longer to feel it.  When I do it initially, I actually have some rough days of insomnia but once past that, I do fine. It just takes a bit for your brain to adjust.

MiYu sxs do wax and wane throughout the hold and can sometimes feel worse as sxs cycle and some are more unsettling than others. Hang in there! The tragedy of many is not holding long enough to feel well again and sometimes that takes longer than we think it will.

BG, Lynn, gard and everyone else hope you're all doing well! :)--V

Heath, the digestive stuff plagues me often since I started my taper. I'm sorry you have to go through it. I also get cold really often and have to wear fleece all day.  It doesn't help when the temp is sub zero here either lol. Hope you get past these inconveniences soon.  :)--V

WOW Valley I worry when I do not see you here, I was just about to send out the "Scout Party" to look for you. It is going to be really cold here tomorrow and snow, and right now it is 32 but the wind chill is 21, I struggled against the northern wind on my way back from my walk, but I had on my trusty long down coat. Well I will rest easy knowing you are OK, Valley are you Ok???...... :)    I am doing pretty good, just minor "minute blips", nothing bad, but just 6 more days, then R&R. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

I'm toughing it out in gorgeous SW FL - low 80's and sun, sun, sun.  Walks on the beach, bike riding and kayaking.

I guess you can tell - I'm doing more than fine. 8)  I am firmly in the Long Hold camp - living (!) proof.

Hoping all have a good (or, at least, better) day! :smitten: :smitten:

WOW Valley I worry when I do not see you here, I was just about to send out the "Scout Party" to look for you. It is going to be really cold here tomorrow and snow, and right now it is 32 but the wind chill is 21, I struggled against the northern wind on my way back from my walk, but I had on my trusty long down coat. Well I will rest easy knowing you are OK, Valley are you Ok???...... :)    I am doing pretty good, just minor "minute blips", nothing bad, but just 6 more days, then R&R. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

I'm doing fine BG. Thanks for asking! I've been reading all the responses and actually tried to post a couple of times but never finished yesterday as I kept getting side tracked. My main issues are minor and I do much better when I'm busy and have distractions. I'm starting to think distractions are necessary even if we don't take benzos. Idle minds can think up lots of things which sometimes aren't helpful lol. Stay warm!  :)--V

I'm toughing it out in gorgeous SW FL - low 80's and sun, sun, sun.  Walks on the beach, bike riding and kayaking.

I guess you can tell - I'm doing more than fine. 8)  I am firmly in the Long Hold camp - living (!) proof.

Hoping all have a good (or, at least, better) day! :smitten: :smitten:

And I am having so much fun too, just reading and silently walking beside you on the Beach and feeling the whispers of the Breeze, oh here I go again..... :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hi to the thread. I have been having BB locking up on me quite a bit when I try to post. So a quick hello and hope this goes through!

Hi to the thread. I have been having BB locking up on me quite a bit when I try to post. So a quick hello and hope this goes through!

Gard, Does a box pop up sayin it is the wrong script? that is what I am seeing on my laptop each evening?, can click on yes and it will finally let me post, but I have to log out of my laptop completely at least once an evening. >:(

Gard, Does a box pop up sayin it is the wrong script? that is what I am seeing on my laptop each evening?, can click on yes and it will finally let me post, but I have to log out of my laptop completely at least once an evening. >:(

Valley do you know why this is happening about the pop up box?

Valley do you know why this is happening about the pop up box?

I don't have a clue BG. I always post on an iPad and haven't experienced that issue.  :)--V

Been on amoxicillin 6 days. (sinus infection) Picked the most benign antibiotic I could. but, in a wave since it stated. Could the damage it does to my gut cause me to not fully absorb the benzo? Everyday I consider throwing it away. 6 days to go. My sleep has been getting less and less, and I am not getting relief from my doses. No sleep last night.

Thoughts?

Been on amoxicillin 6 days. (sinus infection) Picked the most benign antibiotic I could. but, in a wave since it stated. Could the damage it does to my gut cause me to not fully absorb the benzo? Everyday I consider throwing it away. 6 days to go. My sleep has been getting less and less, and I am not getting relief from my doses. No sleep last night.

Thoughts?

I don't know what to tell you BD other than other budddies have found antibiotics put them in a wave.  :)--V

No, no box. I click and wait and absolutely nothing happens. Or else it flips to a screen saying Safari can't open the page. Just these past 2 days, off and on.

Gard

[f3...]