Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Got a message from Anne. She seems to be juggling things as well as possible. She says she hopes to pop in to catch up with the thread and say hi when she has a chance.  :)

Gard

Got a message from Anne. She seems to be juggling things as well as possible. She says she hopes to pop in to catch up with the thread and say hi when she has a chance.  :)

Gard

Good to hear gard! :thumbsup:

Great news Heath (except the neck!)!

Miyu,  I sure hope you start feeling better. :smitten:

Shamo, I'm sorry that it's taking a little longer than you'd hoped.  It's not time wasted.  You are that much closer every day. :thumbsup:

Begood - I am so happy that you feel well! :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Lynn, glad you are doing well also, and I love the advice you are giving to those whom are struggling very good, and hopefully they will get it. :smitten:

Shamo, hang in there, I know it is hard with the thoughts, your Brain at this very moment is working hard to get back on track for you. Hold on.

Heath very happy for you, so "HAPPY". :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MiYu we are all here for you. :)

Gard thanks for relaying the message from Anne. :)

Valley, you hanging in there and doing OK? :smitten:

Shamo, I'm sorry that it's taking a little longer than you'd hoped.  It's not time wasted.  You are that much closer every day. :thumbsup:

Hi Lynn, glad you are doing well also, and I love the advice you are giving to those whom are struggling very good, and hopefully they will get it. :smitten:

Shamo, hang in there, I know it is hard with the thoughts, your Brain at this very moment is working hard to get back on track for you. Hold on.

Hi BG. I'm doing OK. I slept for a long time last night but feeling anxiety lately which is a relatively new thing for me. Thanks for  asking. Hope you are doing well! :)--V

Hi BG. I'm doing OK. I slept for a long time last night but feeling anxiety lately which is a relatively new thing for me. Thanks for  asking. Hope you are doing well! :)--V

Glad you're doing OK, V., but sorry about the anxiety. It's one of my most hateful-est things!

Sorry about that anxiety thing, if you can keep busy, perhaps play with your favorite Cat ;). I restarted my taper today and hope to be done with it in ten days and then will be at 1mg and holding for a long bit to let all those receptors and thingy's have more time to do their healing, and besides, It has been working for me to take my time and not rush. I have been reading your posts also to others on the threads and such good advice, but like Lynn said you can lead a horse to water... :smitten:

Sorry about that anxiety thing, if you can keep busy, perhaps play with your favorite Cat ;). I restarted my taper today and hope to be done with it in ten days and then will be at 1mg and holding for a long bit to let all those receptors and thingy's have more time to do their healing, and besides, It has been working for me to take my time and not rush. I have been reading your posts also to others on the threads and such good advice, but like Lynn said you can lead a horse to water... :smitten:

So glad you're in a place to taper down a bit!  Hope it goes well for you.  :)--V

Hi BeGood, Gard, V, Heath, Miyu, and everyone else. 

BeGood I am glad you are doing well.

Same for you V.

Heath it sounds like you are doing great!!  That long hold really helped you.

MiYu, just hang in there, it should get better. If it doesn't , you do have options. 

I hope everyone else is doing well. 

Gard let me know that some people asked about me.  Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts.  This is a great group of people.

I have corrected my dose (I mean an up dose).  My BP has been up lately, and I really need to get it taken care of, but my husband got sick last Sunday, and he is having major surgery tomorrow morning.  We have been at the hospital all week--I have been spending the nights here.  I try to go home and get some things done, but the bp spikes and chemical anxiety are always there.  I am still going to work, but thankfully I only need to be there for a couple of hours a day.  Getting there and back is the worse for me.  Every time I get into the car, I go into anxiety/panic mode and a BP spike (or spikes) is usually included.  Anyway, I increased my ativan dose by about 0.052 mg which  is a 30% increase.  Has it helped?  I am not 100% sure yet.  I think so though, as I am a bit  better than I was a few days ago.  If I have to, I will increase the dosage even more.  I need to be functional, because my husband's recovery will be a long one.  I know my friends in this group will be supportive, but if anyone else feels that they must comment on how I should not have up dosed--DON"T do it.  I don't care to hear it.  We all have to do what is best for us.  Sometimes that includes a long hold or an up dose. 

Well, I am off to find some dinner.  The food around here is awful so I am going to get some takeout.  I wish everyone a wonderful afternoon.  Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts.

Love,

Anne xoxox

Anne so glad to hear from you, and I will have your Husband and you in my thoughts, and will be doing what I do in situations like this. We have missed you here and your sound advice. Anne no one on this thread will say a word about up dosing, as you know your body more than anyone, and right now you are going through some hard times, it may still take some days for you to get the effect of the dosing, but if you are feeling a bit better sounds like it is going to work. Please let us know how things are going when you can, I think one of the hardest things is to see a loved one ill, and want to do so much, but we are limited, but I know you being with him is just what he needs and I will be thinking only the best for your Hubby and for you too Anne, but the one thing I know about you, you are strong, but do take care of you also, as Life does not stop for our tapers that is for sure. I am sending you hugs and much support and please know we are all here for you. {{{{Hugs}}}}.

Same for you V.

MiYu, just hang in there, it should get better. If it doesn't , you do have options. 

Gard let me know that some people asked about me.  Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts.  This is a great group of people.

I have corrected my dose (I mean an up dose).  My BP has been up lately, and I really need to get it taken care of, but my husband got sick last Sunday, and he is having major surgery tomorrow morning.  We have been at the hospital all week--I have been spending the nights here.  I try to go home and get some things done, but the bp spikes and chemical anxiety are always there.  I am still going to work, but thankfully I only need to be there for a couple of hours a day.  Getting there and back is the worse for me.  Every time I get into the car, I go into anxiety/panic mode and a BP spike (or spikes) is usually included.  Anyway, I increased my ativan dose by about 0.052 mg which  is a 30% increase.  Has it helped?  I am not 100% sure yet.  I think so though, as I am a bit  better than I was a few days ago.  If I have to, I will increase the dosage even more.  I need to be functional, because my husband's recovery will be a long one.  I know my friends in this group will be supportive, but if anyone else feels that they must comment on how I should not have up dosed--DON"T do it.  I don't care to hear it.  We all have to do what is best for us.  Sometimes that includes a long hold or an up dose. 

Well, I am off to find some dinner.  The food around here is awful so I am going to get some takeout.  I wish everyone a wonderful afternoon.  Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts.

Love,

Anne xoxox

So good to hear from you Anne! Sorrry  about your husband and withdrawal sxs. BG was right about the updosing. No judgment in this group. I've used it myself as well as one day one time updoses on rare occasions to be functional. It's just another tool to keep our sxs to a minimum. Hope everything settles down for you!  :)--V

You are all so kind and supportive , thank you  :smitten: :smitten:

You made me cry again, feeling your love and care ....

My friends don't understand, we re all familiar with that of course, so your understanding means the world to me.

Anne , thank you for writing at such a difficult time for you, I hope you feel better with your updose and that your husband will be ok.  :hug:

Valley , I'm sorry for your anxiety :(:hug:

Shamo- hang in there , you'll get through this  :hug:

Begood and Heath , thank you for your encouragement , so glad you are doing well!  :smitten:

Gard , thank you so much for your support  :smitten:

Did I miss anyone ?

I feel horrible again today.... So stressed and prickly and burning , nauseous.

I'm wondering , I've been adding electrolytes to my water with magnesium .... And taking a tiny bit of raw food b vitamins. Could this be revving up my symptoms ?

I also take ester C, a probiotic, lysine , rhodiola ( which I feel helps me). Wondering if I should just stop all the supps. I eat lots of bananas , maybe too much potassium? I don't know , so confusing...

I only eat organic whole foods and pretty much eat the same things every day, meat and veges and some fruits ...

I think my kidneys must be ok because I don't have hypertension , but my adrenals are definitely weak.

Love and hugs , MiYu

My friends don't understand, we re all familiar with that of course, so your understanding means the world to me.

Anne , thank you for writing at such a difficult time for you, I hope you feel better with your updose and that your husband will be ok.  :hug:

Begood and Heath , thank you for your encouragement , so glad you are doing well!  :smitten:

Did I miss anyone ?

I'm wondering , I've been adding electrolytes to my water with magnesium .... And taking a tiny bit of raw food b vitamins. Could this be revving up my symptoms ?

I also take ester C, a probiotic, lysine , rhodiola ( which I feel helps me). Wondering if I should just stop all the supps. I eat lots of bananas , maybe too much potassium? I don't know , so confusing...

I only eat organic whole foods and pretty much eat the same things every day, meat and veges and some fruits ...

I think my kidneys must be ok because I don't have hypertension , but my adrenals are definitely weak.

Love and hugs , MiYu

:therethere: I can only tell you that many people suggest no or minimal supplements while withdrawing. I cut mine back to small does of the essentials. Others have their favorites that they say help them. I think there's a sub-forum about supplements on the home page. You might try asking about the supplements there.

And hold and wait. I don't know enough about dose corrections to suggest one. I only did a tiny one a very long time ago. Maybe I should have done a bigger one and maybe spared myself months of misery. It's a tough call.

No matter what, others have gotten through this and you will too. Time is the best healer. Try reading some of the success stories. It is amazing what people have healed from. I hang onto that.

Gard :smitten:

So good to hear from you Anne! Sorrry  about your husband and withdrawal sxs. BG was right about the updosing. No judgment in this group. I've used it myself as well as one day one time updoses on rare occasions to be functional. It's just another tool to keep our sxs to a minimum. Hope everything settles down for you!  :)--V

I'm ready in case any trolls show up to say no to dose corrections!!  :muscle:

Did I miss anyone ?

Love and hugs , MiYu

:therethere: I can only tell you that many people suggest no or minimal supplements while withdrawing. I cut mine back to small does of the essentials. Others have their favorites that they say help them. I think there's a sub-forum about supplements on the home page. You might try asking about the supplements there.

And hold and wait. I don't know enough about dose corrections to suggest one. I only did a tiny one a very long time ago. Maybe I should have done a bigger one and maybe spared myself months of misery. It's a tough call.

No matter what, others have gotten through this and you will too. Time is the best healer. Try reading some of the success stories. It is amazing what people have healed from. I hang onto that.

Gard :smitten:

I'm sorry your sxs continue to be severe MiYu.  I can only relate my experience with supplements. I've used quite a few including most of what you're currently using and found most revved up sxs. The one I stick to is vitamin c and just try to get everything else through food. It's been hard as I have always taken multiple supplements but this withdrawal thing has messed up how I process them.

Like gard said, time is the best healer. I know sometimes we feel frustrated with the time it takes to stabilize but it does happen gradually just like it does for most in post withdrawal which is what we all hope to avoid by making sure to control the sxs and keep them to a minimum on the way down.  :)--

Anne so glad to hear from you, and I will have your Husband and you in my thoughts, and will be doing what I do in situations like this. We have missed you here and your sound advice. Anne no one on this thread will say a word about up dosing, as you know your body more than anyone, and right now you are going through some hard times, it may still take some days for you to get the effect of the dosing, but if you are feeling a bit better sounds like it is going to work. Please let us know how things are going when you can, I think one of the hardest things is to see a loved one ill, and want to do so much, but we are limited, but I know you being with him is just what he needs and I will be thinking only the best for your Hubby and for you too Anne, but the one thing I know about you, you are strong, but do take care of you also, as Life does not stop for our tapers that is for sure. I am sending you hugs and much support and please know we are all here for you. {{{{Hugs}}}}.

Thank you so much BeGood.  You are a lovely person.  I know that no one on this thread will say anything about the up dose.  There are wonderful people on this thread, and I am so happy that all connected.  Thank you again BeGood, and I appreciate your well wishes.

Take care, and I hope you are having a great evening!!

Anne xoxox

Same for you V.

Love,

Anne xoxox

Hi Valley,

Thank you so much.  Yes, I know that no one judges here.  This is what I love about this group. 

I am so sorry you are experiencing anxiety symptoms  It is a horrible symptom. Try to distract as much as you can.  I know that is easier said than done.  Thank you for your support V.

Enjoy the evening

Anne  :smitten:

Hi Anne,

Wishing all the best for you and your husband. :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Lynn,

Thank you so much!!  I hope that you are still doing great!! 

Have a lovely evening,

Anne  :smitten: :smitten: xoxox

I'm ready in case any trolls show up to say no to dose corrections!!  :muscle:

Hi Gard,

Thanks.  I know you will keep an eye out for them.  haha.

Anne xoxox  :smitten:

Extremely frustrated the last 2 days. I seem to suddenly be feeling worse. Intense feelings of anger/frustration and despair. The only thing I can put it down to is caffeine. But I dont think it has done this to me before. Really starting to wonder if I can hang on at this rate. I'm approaching the 6 month mark now and feeling pretty hopeless. I am better than I was at the early months. But I was hoping to be getting close to healed by now.

Hi Shamo. I understand we are all different but those were the last sxs to go during my 6 month hold so hopefully you're just about there. :)--V

I certainly hope so Vally. Things have suddenly spiked up into difficult territory and I'm losing my head a bit. Scared of the next couple of months. Every day is really difficult atm. Reinstatement is always in my mind these days.

Extremely frustrated the last 2 days. I seem to suddenly be feeling worse. Intense feelings of anger/frustration and despair. The only thing I can put it down to is caffeine. But I dont think it has done this to me before. Really starting to wonder if I can hang on at this rate. I'm approaching the 6 month mark now and feeling pretty hopeless. I am better than I was at the early months. But I was hoping to be getting close to healed by now.

Hi Shamo. I understand we are all different but those were the last sxs to go during my 6 month hold so hopefully you're just about there. :)--V

I certainly hope so Vally. Things have suddenly spiked up into difficult territory and I'm losing my head a bit. Scared of the next couple of months. Every day is really difficult atm. Reinstatement is always in my mind these days.

Shamo so sorry you are going through this, and one can only Pray that it will resolve soon, very soon, hold on, it always gets darkest before the dawn.  :)

Hey everyone....hope you ALL are feeling better. Im finally stable after a brutal nighmare. Going to hold till Christmas!

Good to hear Beat! Enjoy your Christmas! :)--V

[8c...]