Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I think V would smell quite lovely and sweet with peppermint oil on his pillow. ::);)

You know it's really something to think about in withdrawal. I really wouldn't need to shower because of the night sweats because I'd already smell fresh  :laugh:

OK, I see....... ::) I quess it helps with the water bill ;). Do you think you are cutting too fast, I never had the sweats only during the first two times when I went too fast. :)

I was just referencing the sweats. I actually haven't had them for quite a while.  :)--V

Okie Dokie  :) 

BG, Anne is having a family emergency right now, so I expect she doesn't have time to be online. We should be keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.

Gard

I hope what ever Anne's family emergency is going on will be resolved quickly and that all will be well.

Heath  :therethere:

Thanks, Heath. I think eventually all will be well but I don't think it will be quickly. It will be a good thing when it is Christmas break so then she won't have to teach on top of all of this. I will feel better when she has time to answer my latest message, but I understand that it could be awhile. Times like these I wish we could all somehow be in closer physical proximity and help each other out more. :(

Gard

Gard when she does message you, please let her know she is in my thoughts, I have missed her being around and I felt her absence. This is a hard time of the year to have illness in the family, I have first hand knowledge of this. :(

BG, Anne is having a family emergency right now, so I expect she doesn't have time to be online. We should be keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.

Gard

I hope what ever Anne's family emergency is going on will be resolved quickly and that all will be well.

Thanks, Heath. I think eventually all will be well but I don't think it will be quickly. It will be a good thing when it is Christmas break so then she won't have to teach on top of all of this. I will feel better when she has time to answer my latest message, but I understand that it could be awhile. Times like these I wish we could all somehow be in closer physical proximity and help each other out more. :(

Gard

Gard when she does message you, please let her know she is in my thoughts, I have missed her being around and I felt her absence. This is a hard time of the year to have illness in the family, I have first hand knowledge of this. :(

Yes, it's a hard time to be dealing with family emergencies. I'm sorry you've been through it. Even if I don't hear from her, I'll message again just so she knows you and the thread are thinking of her. She did say she would have a hard time getting online so not to worry if I didn't hear from her, but of course I am worrying!

Gard

Gard

Gard

Yes, it's a hard time to be dealing with family emergencies. I'm sorry you've been through it. Even if I don't hear from her, I'll message again just so she knows you and the thread are thinking of her. She did say she would have a hard time getting online so not to worry if I didn't hear from her, but of course I am worrying!

Gard

Interesting how BAT says to hold at least 3 weeks between cuts - longer if necessary.

I think that those having serious problems would definitely benefit from talking to these people - always good to get different perspectives/ideas. :thumbsup:

Interesting how BAT says to hold at least 3 weeks between cuts - longer if necessary.

I think that those having serious problems would definitely benefit from talking to these people - always good to get different perspectives/ideas. :thumbsup:

I noticed that right off too lynn. Reg Peart also recommended 3 or more weeks between cuts. I think the biggest problem with most is the hurry to get off thinking all will be well when the benzo is completely removed. So much needless suffering. I know we all try to give sound advice on the forum but most of the time I'm met with "I'm glad you're doing so well but I need to get off as soon as possible". Doesn't make sense as these are the buddies who are suffering greatly and have no life. Oh well, we do what we can.  :)--V

I noticed that right off too lynn. Reg Peart also recommended 3 or more weeks between cuts. I think the biggest problem with most is the hurry to get off thinking all will be well when the benzo is completely removed. So much needless suffering. I know we all try to give sound advice on the forum but most of the time I'm met with "I'm glad you're doing so well but I need to get off as soon as possible". Doesn't make sense as these are the buddies who are suffering greatly and have no life. Oh well, we do what we can.  :)--V

Yes you are right on about the ones that are miserable, I read a lot last night, and it seems that mostly we are an enigma here, as most tell those that are suffering so, to get off and stay off, well if I had been here then, I would be six feet under for sure. There is no shame to reinstate if necessary, and it is somewhat disconcerting to read the posts and such pleas for help and honestly I spent one afternoon sobbing for those suffering so, I found that once it is ok to "suffer" is instilled in their thoughts nothing I can say will help, not one word and I sometimes feel spent, oh well I will hang on to the hope of a Quiet walk off and getting on with my Life. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Yes.  Part of the problem is the "there is no healing until you get off" mantra.  Then we have the "just push through it" doctrine.  And finally "hold no longer than two weeks" (not even a hold as the minimum is two weeks!) OR you'll face tolerance withdrawal!

Good grief!

And you can only lead a horse to water...

Hey guys. im definitely waiting 3 weeks from here on out.....these lower doses are fighting hard not to leave!

:smitten::thumbsup::smitten: Yep these lower doses are larger percentages, but it is doable, take your time and enjoy your life. :)

OH what roller coaster... Today was horrible!  :tickedoff: I feel worse than ever.... Hard to believe that this is my body trying to heal/ stabilize . I've definitely gotten worse over this last period of time. Only things that might have made things more bumpy could be that accidental updose for four days , or changing the 1/4 mg to liquid as it was too hard to weigh accurately. The other 8 mg I'm still taking dry in 2 mg tabs. I did drop the .003 extra grams when I did that, I'm so sensitized that that could have affected me too.

Valley, you managed to work through your horrible WD time? Wow! My stress tolerance is so zero that I can barely make a phone call. I know you had to hold 6 months to stabilize . I think my adrenals are struggling with the WD stress... Any suggestions? At what point in your taper did you have your adrenal burnout? What did you do for it? It's usually pretty serious and takes a long time to heal.

Begood.... How did you manage a 2.5 mg cut  in a month without going into serious WDs , that's a big cut from 5 mg to 2.5 mg. I'm suprised after your other tapers you could manage that. Were you ok?

Feeling disheartened  :( being housebound and not able to do anything much. Anyone have a good suggestion for a benign TV series I could watch on Netflix or Amazon prime ? I've finished Sex and the City and having trouble finding anything that's not too stimulating ..... :-[

:hug:

MiYu, so sorry you are having a hard time. It had to be pure luck, but I did not have any problems, I knew I could go back, but honestly I just cut the pill in half and never gave it another thought, I also was able to cut from 10mg to 5mg without problems, but remember I had tapered from 10mg to 0 then the s**t the fan, and went back up to 10mg, waited a while then cut 5mg, went to 0 again too fast, and reinstated the second time, took longer to feel better, but I did then cut the .25mg, for each cut, I think I put down the wrong numbers and spent an hour trying to think in bed what I had wrote, but I did cut from 10mg to 5mg and was fine. I did not know how dangerous it was, but seems some can cut larger doses, No one should ever try this.

PS I have revised this, as I was wrong with my numbers, blame it on the benzo's :-[

OH what roller coaster... Today was horrible!  :tickedoff: I feel worse than ever.... Hard to believe that this is my body trying to heal/ stabilize . I've definitely gotten worse over this last period of time. Only things that might have made things more bumpy could be that accidental updose for four days , or changing the 1/4 mg to liquid as it was too hard to weigh accurately. The other 8 mg I'm still taking dry in 2 mg tabs. I did drop the .003 extra grams when I did that, I'm so sensitized that that could have affected me too.

Valley, you managed to work through your horrible WD time? Wow! My stress tolerance is so zero that I can barely make a phone call. I know you had to hold 6 months to stabilize . I think my adrenals are struggling with the WD stress... Any suggestions? At what point in your taper did you have your adrenal burnout? What did you do for it? It's usually pretty serious and takes a long time to heal.

Begood.... How did you manage a 2.5 mg cut  in a month without going into serious WDs , that's a big cut from 5 mg to 2.5 mg. I'm suprised after your other tapers you could manage that. Were you ok?

Feeling disheartened  :( being housebound and not able to do anything much. Anyone have a good suggestion for a benign TV series I could watch on Netflix or Amazon prime ? I've finished Sex and the City and having trouble finding anything that's not too stimulating ..... :-[

:hug:

I'm so sorry MiYu. I know very well how terrible the withdrawal is. I did mange to continue working out of sheer determination but it was nothing short of a nightmare. The distraction was nice but I have periods of time that I can't even remember. Meetings that I sat in drenched in sweat and forgetting what I even said to parents regarding their child. I never want to go through the fog and haze of that again. I can't even list the sxs I had as I had almost every one. However, there is one thing I've learned through this experience.  You can do a lot more than you think you can. Like driving a car. It takes focus and concentration and was actually therapeutic when I was in the worst of withdrawal.

As far as adrenal burnout. Mine happened after 2 years on diazepam. I never made the connection until a year ago in December when i had the "aha" moment and decided to taper off. My adrenals were shot and I still struggle somewhat with hormone balance. At the time, I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency as I wasn't producing any major hormones. It's just as nasty as benzo withdrawal. I couldn't get out of bed for months.

The longer you hang on in your hold, the better you should feel. It is a very gradual process but one day you'll realise how much better you feel and know it was worth it IMO.  :)--V

Extremely frustrated the last 2 days. I seem to suddenly be feeling worse. Intense feelings of anger/frustration and despair. The only thing I can put it down to is caffeine. But I dont think it has done this to me before. Really starting to wonder if I can hang on at this rate. I'm approaching the 6 month mark now and feeling pretty hopeless. I am better than I was at the early months. But I was hoping to be getting close to healed by now.

How are you feeling heath?

H there BB and everyone,

I am feeling 100% except for my neck.  I really think the four month hold is what did the healing so very well for me. I cut .02 on Nov. 24  (ten days ago)  and have not had any wd sxs.  Can't wait to start my .003 micro taper in four weeks.

If it weren't for my neck I'd be a very happy lady.

Dumb neck! :tickedoff:

Heath

MIYU, 

I am sorry that you are still struggling  IMO your hold WILL take you to a better place if you just hold long enough.  I know how hard it is, but please try to hold on. I want you to feel good too!

Heath

Great news Heath (except the neck!)!

Miyu,  I sure hope you start feeling better. :smitten:

Shamo, I'm sorry that it's taking a little longer than you'd hoped.  It's not time wasted.  You are that much closer every day. :thumbsup:

Begood - I am so happy that you feel well! :smitten: :smitten:

MIYU, 

I am sorry that you are still struggling  IMO your hold WILL take you to a better place if you just hold long enough.  I know how hard it is, but please try to hold on. I want you to feel good too!

Heath

I agree with Heath. I held for months before I started to feel better. Sometimes it take a long time. In my case over 6 months but it was worth it. I am starting up my taper again with much improved symptoms. And am going very, very, very slowly. I think I'm at about 1%/month. This week I will try 2%. Next week 3%. Chicken mode! But no way do I want to go back to where I was before.

Hang in there and I think you will see improvement, too.  :therethere:

Gard :smitten:

Extremely frustrated the last 2 days. I seem to suddenly be feeling worse. Intense feelings of anger/frustration and despair. The only thing I can put it down to is caffeine. But I dont think it has done this to me before. Really starting to wonder if I can hang on at this rate. I'm approaching the 6 month mark now and feeling pretty hopeless. I am better than I was at the early months. But I was hoping to be getting close to healed by now.

Hi Shamo. I understand we are all different but those were the last sxs to go during my 6 month hold so hopefully you're just about there. :)--V

[8a...]