Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Please it is not a harmful thing, when someone is having such a hard time, they are not usually going to get better, or so it seems, I am not going to suffer needlessly, when sometimes we need to up dose a bit, and I have twice and small amt and it helped me to keep moving forward, you know you are not in a good place, and you need to do what is best for you, to function. :), but I think you have to get stable first then proceed with your taper, and right now it does not seem that you are. :)

Valley, Lynn, begood.... Thank you so much for sharing your experiences.... It is giving me much needed perspective

And yes reaching some sort of functionality/stabilization no matter how imperfect as long as i can function is paramount

I am finally with much trepidation and fear sticking my toes in the water to see.....

I don't know if this is a fluke and I don't want to speak too soon....

But I did an updose yesterday; and it worked.. Was I perfect? No but it worked.....this is all trial and error so I don't know

What to expect further... Baby steps and breathe... Okay I just did it... I breathed

I feel severely hungover from it; ( where I feel I could go days w/0 taking another Kpin; it was

So powerful sedative wise ( unbearable feeling ; but this is still a work in progress)

But it achieved its purpose; it calmed my intense horrid physical sxs down...

Finally trying new things.... please let something stick and work.....

Thank you all for giving me the courage.... You too Nova!!!.

Valley, have you heard from Anne, and Liza,? been wondering how they are. Also I was reading where you had some really bad depression has that abated somewhat, I know I had a period of extreme sadness but it finally went away, felt different than depression. Oh about the sleep, you may not want to do this, but I put a few drops of Now Peppermint Oil on my pillow case each night, something about that is relaxing, but if you have felines it is deadly for them, it kills their lungs, would think the same for pooches too. :)

BG, Anne is having a family emergency right now, so I expect she doesn't have time to be online. We should be keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.

Gard

BG, Anne is having a family emergency right now, so I expect she doesn't have time to be online. We should be keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.

Gard

Thanks Gard.

Thank you ALL for your encouragement. I'm going to try to hang inhere and hope my aching neck gets better. Right now the pain is there from when I wake up til I go to sleep .....it's constant.

I know it could be wd sxs except I also know I have spinal stenosis and a couple of bad discs in my cervical spine. So I will have to get it checked out again to see what's going on and if anything has changed since my last MRI.

Oh well, I know what they say, ....it could always be worse. I used to think my other wdsxs were bad, but they were nothing compared to this pain.

ValleyUm. About your sleep.  I have had insomnia since before my taper as well. Actually, I was put on Valium because of sleep issues in the first place.

I sleep pretty well for about 5-7 days. ( 6or 7 hours a night)? Then I start to sleep only  4-5 hours. When I get below 5 hours for two days in a row, I take a small dose of remeron,  3.75 mg. It gets me great sleep ( about10 hours) and then I am back to sleeping well again for about a week or so.

This way it is not addicting. My doc said I could do it this way.

Don't want to push any drugs on you, but I couldn't function on only 3-5 hours of sleep each night.

Hope you find relief soon.

Heath :-[  :smitten:

Valley, have you heard from Anne, and Liza,? been wondering how they are. Also I was reading where you had some really bad depression has that abated somewhat, I know I had a period of extreme sadness but it finally went away, felt different than depression. Oh about the sleep, you may not want to do this, but I put a few drops of Now Peppermint Oil on my pillow case each night, something about that is relaxing, but if you have felines it is deadly for them, it kills their lungs, would think the same for pooches too. :)

I haven't heard from Liza for a while. I need to touch base with her through PM as she isn't on BB much. It's been a few days since I've seen a post from Anne but assumed she was just busy so it's good that gard knows what's going on with her.

I do have a cat that drives me crazy so maybe I'll try the peppermint  :laugh:

Thank you ALL for your encouragement. I'm going to try to hang inhere and hope my aching neck gets better. Right now the pain is there from when I wake up til I go to sleep .....it's constant.

I know it could be wd sxs except I also know I have spinal stenosis and a couple of bad discs in my cervical spine. So I will have to get it checked out again to see what's going on and if anything has changed since my last MRI.

Oh well, I know what they say, ....it could always be worse. I used to think my other wdsxs were bad, but they were nothing compared to this pain.

ValleyUm. About your sleep.  I have had insomnia since before my taper as well. Actually, I was put on Valium because of sleep issues in the first place.

I sleep pretty well for about 5-7 days. ( 6or 7 hours a night)? Then I start to sleep only  4-5 hours. When I get below 5 hours for two days in a row, I take a small dose of remeron,  3.75 mg. It gets me great sleep ( about10 hours) and then I am back to sleeping well again for about a week or so.

This way it is not addicting. My doc said I could do it this way.

Don't want to push any drugs on you, but I couldn't function on only 3-5 hours of sleep each night.

Hope you find relief soon.

Heath :-[  :smitten:

Thanks Heath. I may look into the remeron. I've been using unison which will give me about 4 hours of broken sleep. I have never fought the insomnia really. I just get up and star my day even if it's 3:00 in the morning lol. its not fun but there are other sxs I consider worse.  :)--v

I think V would smell quite lovely and sweet with peppermint oil on his pillow. ::);)

You know it's really something to think about in withdrawal. I really wouldn't need to shower because of the night sweats because I'd already smell fresh  :laugh:

I don't know what people feel about melatonin for sleep. But for me , a 1/2 mg is enough to put me to sleep. I actually am sleeping 8-10 hours a night thank god, must need it. I dream all night long too. So not deep sleep but am getting plenty of REM . Awful not to able to sleep, I'm sorry for those of you struggling with this issue .  :'(

I feel my main issue right now is my nervous system is really out of whack and I can't handle ANY stress, even moving around makes things worse .

I hope I don't need to updose , I would feel like all this suffering was for nothing .

Hanging on with the hold for now..... How long do I wait I wonder? It's now just over two months since the tiny 1/4 mg cut I made end of September .

Going to see a benzo wise doc finally! Not that he will necessarily know any more then my online buddies to be honest. However, in order to keep my Valium script going I have to see someone willing to support me through it with the scripts for Valium , and I know a couple of people who've been to him and he is definitely supportive of Valium tapers .

Dr Peter Madill in Santa Rosa CA.....hope he'll help me feel secure and support my turtle speed....

Heath... Proud of you ! You made it through a four month hold to feeling stable , yeah! And tapering again... Really happy for you  :smitten:

:hug: to everyone and wishing you a GOOD day today

Ps what is "BAT"?

[/img]

I think V would smell quite lovely and sweet with peppermint oil on his pillow. ::);)

You know it's really something to think about in withdrawal. I really wouldn't need to shower because of the night sweats because I'd already smell fresh  :laugh:

;D. I put lavender on my pillow , and also something called anxiety ease essential oil... Might be a bit femme for you though V .... Peppermint might be better to keep your cat at bay...  :sleepy:

I don't know what people feel about melatonin for sleep. But for me , a 1/2 mg is enough to put me to sleep. I actually am sleeping 8-10 hours a night thank god, must need it. I dream all night long too. So not deep sleep but am getting plenty of REM . Awful not to able to sleep, I'm sorry for those of you struggling with this issue .  :'(

I feel my main issue right now is my nervous system is really out of whack and I can't handle ANY stress, even moving around makes things worse .

I hope I don't need to updose , I would feel like all this suffering was for nothing .

Hanging on with the hold for now..... How long do I wait I wonder? It's now just over two months since the tiny 1/4 mg cut I made end of September .

Going to see a benzo wise doc finally! Not that he will necessarily know any more then my online buddies to be honest. However, in order to keep my Valium script going I have to see someone willing to support me through it with the scripts for Valium , and I know a couple of people who've been to him and he is definitely supportive of Valium tapers .

Dr Peter Madill in Santa Rosa CA.....hope he'll help me feel secure and support my turtle speed....

Heath... Proud of you ! You made it through a four month hold to feeling stable , yeah! And tapering again... Really happy for you  :smitten:

:hug: to everyone and wishing you a GOOD day today

Ps what is "BAT"?

Hi MiYu. It's up to you on the updose. My new philosophy is to do it as soon as sxs continue to ramp up past my lag day. That's why I microtaper for ten days and then hold to see what will happen.

If you're sleeping, that's a good sign. I was sleeping fine until the last 3 days. I expect it to happen off and on through the taper. At the beginning, I went 3 weeks with hardly any sleep but finally it came back when I held. I take about 1mg of melatonin and I think it helps. The weird thing is, I'm exhausted when I go to bed and go right to sleep but always wake up 3 hours later, then go back to a very odd sleep pattern of waking every hour until about 3:00 or 4:00 and I know that's all I'm going to get. I'm sure it will come back and I can function fine on little to no sleep. I just get bored because of the large amount of time I'm up.  :)--V

OK, I see....... ::) I quess it helps with the water bill ;). Do you think you are cutting too fast, I never had the sweats only during the first two times when I went too fast. :) 

V... Oh you are so right.. I don't even look at insomnia as a wd sx anymore.To me it's almost a way of life! But do hope it is gone when I'm off of the Valium completely.  I notice that as I go down in dose, and let my body catch up during HOLDS, that my sleep is improving. So I hope that's a good sign for the future. Hope your future has more sleep in it too.

I also take melatonin every night about 15 minutes before bed time. 3mg.  Have you tried melatonin?

Heath

OK, I see....... ::) I quess it helps with the water bill ;). Do you think you are cutting too fast, I never had the sweats only during the first two times when I went too fast. :)

I was just referencing the sweats. I actually haven't had them for quite a while.  :)--V

V... Oh you are so right.. I don't even look at insomnia as a wd sx anymore.To me it's almost a way of life! But do hope it is gone when I'm off of the Valium completely.  I notice that as I go down in dose, and let my body catch up during HOLDS, that my sleep is improving. So I hope that's a good sign for the future. Hope your future has more sleep in it too.

I also take melatonin every night about 15 minutes before bed time. 3mg.  Have you tried melatonin?

Heath

Hi Heath. I use about one mg of melatonin. Going to sleep is easy. It's staying asleep that seems to be plaguing me. I'm sure it will come back. The good news is my mood is improving as I go down.  :)--V

Gard

I hope what ever Anne's family emergency is going on will be resolved quickly and that all will be well.

Heath  :therethere:

Heath

Hi Heath. I use about one mg of melatonin. Going to sleep is easy. It's staying asleep that seems to be plaguing me. I'm sure it will come back. The good news is my mood is improving as I go down.  :)--V

:thumbsup:

MIYU,

I wish I lived closer to Santa Rosa ca. I'd go see your new doc. Good luck with him. Hope he's as good as he sounds and that he helps you even further.

Heath :smitten:

Hey guys, I think "BAT" is this organization - the Bristol Tranquillizer Project.

www.btpinfo.org.uk

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Heath

:):thumbsup:

Gard

I hope what ever Anne's family emergency is going on will be resolved quickly and that all will be well.

Heath  :therethere:

Thanks, Heath. I think all will be well, but it won't be quickly. It will be a good thing when it is Winter Break so she doesn't have to teach on top of all of this. I will feel better when she has time to answer my latest message, but it could be awhile. Times like these I wish we could all somehow be in closer physical proximity and help each other out more. :(

Gard

[2f...]