Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks! I hope I wont have to updose, I might if I dont feel better in a few days. I just think at these low levels, its harder for some.

Don't be afraid to updose if you have to. I just updosed back to 9.5 from 9.25. I was doing well cutting .25 every 15 days but got impatient and dropped it to 10 days.  Didn't take long for that to catch up with me lol.  I gave it 3 days and the sxs continued to escalate so I knew a dose correction was in order. I refuse to suffer again.  :)--V

Im on day 9 here....its not escalating but still not fun! Ill give it a few more days hopefully it will calm down....Im praying. Glad it made u feel better!

Thanks! I hope I wont have to updose, I might if I dont feel better in a few days. I just think at these low levels, its harder for some.

Don't be afraid to updose if you have to. I just updosed back to 9.5 from 9.25. I was doing well cutting .25 every 15 days but got impatient and dropped it to 10 days.  Didn't take long for that to catch up with me lol.  I gave it 3 days and the sxs continued to escalate so I knew a dose correction was in order. I refuse to suffer again.  :)--V

Im on day 9 here....its not escalating but still not fun! Ill give it a few more days hopefully it will calm down....Im praying. Glad it made u feel better!

:thumbsup:

V- or anyone on here..... Do you know of any one on this thread who did a long hold with kolonopin?

I was kind of perusing thru the pages but didnt see anything....there are so many pages...

Was this thread originally started for Valium users?

V- I'm sure if you knew of someone you would have mentioned it to me but thought I would ask... :-\

I know I could go on the kk thread and ask also...trying to find some evidence of k users where this worked for....

I may just start a new thread and ask at some point?

Thank you all

V- or anyone on here..... Do you know of any one on this thread who did a long hold with kolonopin?

I was kind of perusing thru the pages but didnt see anything....there are so many pages...

Was this thread originally started for Valium users?

V- I'm sure if you knew of someone you would have mentioned it to me but thought I would ask... :-\

I know I could go on the kk thread and ask also...trying to find some evidence of k users where this worked for....

I may just start a new thread and ask at some point?

Thank you all

Hi Please. The only one that comes to mind is lizagal. She had mixed results holding. Crash did a couple of 6 month holds with K and also had mixed results. I think if you look up JennyK, she has been tapering K for quite a while and is doing well. That's about all I can tell you. The thread was actually started by Oscar for anyone doing a long hold. He was tapering Librium.  :)--V

Hi Please. The only one that comes to mind is lizagal. She had mixed results holding. Crash did a couple of 6 month holds with K and also had mixed results. I think if you look up JennyK, she has been tapering K for quite a while and is doing well. That's about all I can tell you. The thread was actually started by Oscar for anyone doing a long hold. He was tapering Librium.  :)--V

Well, I'll be darned. I didn't know Oscar was tapering Librium. I hardly every find another L taperer.

Well, I'll be darned. I didn't know Oscar was tapering Librium. I hardly every find another L taperer.

There certainly aren't many around lol.  :)--V

I just tapered Librium, and your right...hard to find many Librium users.

I was on it for 8 Years...and have been off for 1 Month

I just tapered Librium, and your right...hard to find many Librium users.

I was on lit for 8 Years...and have been off for 1 Month

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Pleasebehere,

Hi there, may I make a suggestion?

If you can't find any one who has done a hold while tapering klonopin, you could start a new support group. You could start it with "Anyone tapering klonopin and doing long holds?" or something like that.

You may find others who are looking for support and can give you support.  Just a thought.

I wish I could help but I don't know anything about klonopin. So Sorry.

Good luck! Hope you are doing better.

Heath :smitten:

So I am feeling absolutely normal, except for me neck. Every wd sxs is gone. I am so very grateful for that.

But I am beginning to realize that I have to face one of my biggest fears. I am going to have to request an MRI of my neck. It is reallycausing me great pain. Has been like this since -August and seems to be getting worse.I don't want surgery, it scares me. Afraid if being paralyzed. Don't want to take opioids.  But certainly Don't want to live with this pain. It is awful.

Sorry, I know this support group is not for this. Just wanted to vent.

Anyone have experience with cervical spine issues? Surgery?

Oh crappy don't know what to do.

Heath  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I'm having lots of neck issues aswell ! Especially at night.. but it ain't horribile. I can still workout but i did have the neck problems already a few weeks. I had bad shoulder pains aswell but that went away. Been using vicks (used for colds) but i warms up the muscles and it helps. I use it also for my neck if it bothers me 2 much. I think it's totally benzo related since i've been reading lots of people have problems there so i try not to worry. But if it causes so much pain that you can't handle it it's better to check it out !

x Sh x

So I am feeling absolutely normal, except for me neck. Every wd sxs is gone. I am so very grateful for that.

But I am beginning to realize that I have to face one of my biggest fears. I am going to have to request an MRI of my neck. It is reallycausing me great pain. Has been like this since -August and seems to be getting worse.I don't want surgery, it scares me. Afraid if being paralyzed. Don't want to take opioids.  But certainly Don't want to live with this pain. It is awful.

Hi Heath. Like Shake, I've had a lot of neck and shoulder pain pain while tapering. At times it is worse than others. In fact, if you were to go back through this whole thread (you'd have to be really bored lol) you would see my posts about my Cervical spine and how I was sure it was a bulging disc. I was told it was withddrawal but didn't believe it as I couldn't even turn my head. I had an MRI and nothing showed up to indicate a disc problem. I'm not saying not to have it checked, just that it's common during withdrawal. I do have thoracic spinal problems which is how I ended up on V and opiates for years.

So glad you're feeling good! I'm feeling better and better. My main issue at this point is controlling the recently recurring symptom of insomnia although it's an old friend predating benzos by many years so I don't really fight it. Just deal with it and know my body will sleep when it's ready lol.  :)--V

Hi Heath. Like Shake, I've had a lot of neck and shoulder pain pain while tapering. At times it is worse than others. In fact, if you were to go back through this whole thread (you'd have to be really bored lol) you would see my posts about my Cervical spine and how I was sure it was a bulging disc. I was told it was withddrawal but didn't believe it as I couldn't even turn my head. I had an MRI and nothing showed up to indicate a disc problem. I'm not saying not to have it checked, just that it's common during withdrawal. I do have thoracic spinal problems which is how I ended up on V and opiates for years.

So glad you're feeling good! I'm feeling better and better. My main issue at this point is controlling the recently recurring symptom of insomnia although it's an old friend predating benzos by many years so I don't really fight it. Just deal with it and know my body will sleep when it's ready lol.  :)--V

Hi everyone, Valley since some of us are on Valium and it is a known muscle relaxant it is sorta of normal to have the muscle thingy going on whilst tapering, but then many are plagued with this and not on V. Try to find the trigger muscle and use that cheapo 4 prong vibrator, it really loosens that up. V I know about the sleep, but trust me it will come back, like all of this it takes time, I am now having some dreams, but I do not sleep late, but I never did, just here with my "Fave Chicken" ;):smitten:;). I have no idea why I am such a flirt, oh I know it is a w/d sx,  :2funny:, just a little fun sure won't hurt. :angel::):angel: 

Heath,

The neck.  What can I say?  This has been a constant since day one but does go away for me - only to return with each cut.  I mention it in my plog all the time and reviewing it I have found that it is always an issue.

Def. have it checked out but try not to work yourself into a state over what is probably "just"( :tickedoff:) wd.  No sense buying trouble.

Hope it's just wd. :smitten:

Pleasebehere,

Hi there, may I make a suggestion?

If you can't find any one who has done a hold while tapering klonopin, you could start a new support group. You could start it with "Anyone tapering klonopin and doing long holds?" or something like that.

You may find others who are looking for support and can give you support.  Just a thought.

I wish I could help but I don't know anything about klonopin. So Sorry.

Good luck! Hope you are doing better.

Heath :smitten:

Thank you Heath... Great suggestion....

I've come to realize that if something is not working

you have to try something else....  I was too afraid to do this but realize i have too..

I'm slowly trying to put the pieces together as to what went wrong;

what could be wrong and very cautiously

introducing tiny changes to see what could help....

I've already made one recent change ( went back from milk to pills) first part solved

Went too fast in beginning ( second part solved) may not have changed present outcome

But also may have changed everything

Supplements further destabilized me

Hormone fluctuations during cycle worse

Next steps to be determined....

With everyone's collective experience and support I hope to navigate thru this....

I can't do it without you all. Xxxxxx

Thank you from my heart

Hi everyone, Valley since some of us are on Valium and it is a known muscle relaxant it is sorta of normal to have the muscle thingy going on whilst tapering, but then many are plagued with this and not on V. Try to find the trigger muscle and use that cheapo 4 prong vibrator, it really loosens that up. V I know about the sleep, but trust me it will come back, like all of this it takes time, I am now having some dreams, but I do not sleep late, but I never did, just here with my "Fave Chicken" ;):smitten:;). I have no idea why I am such a flirt, oh I know it is a w/d sx,  :2funny:, just a little fun sure won't hurt. :angel::):angel:

:thumbsup:

Please completely agree with Lynn, it has put many here at ease with their taper, and they seem to be of the right mind in their help, honest good advice, Nova and others swear by it, I hope you will pursue this it is your ace in the hole of despair. :thumbsup:

Please completely agree with Lynn, it has put many here at ease with their taper, and they seem to be of the right mind in their help, honest good advice, Nova and others swear by it, I hope you will pursue this it is your ace in the hole of despair. :thumbsup:

Thank you Lynn and begood... So far haven't been able to get thru... Tried twice.... Brother is helping me with this.... I have to look at nova 's info again regarding if they have weekend hours....

Btw, I did a tiny updose yesterday.... Only once as I had a physical incident yesterday that required help.... Desperate I did it.... Is this bad to do?

Please,

I think updoses are necessary for some.  I have seen it done many times by people here who have been able to get to a good place and then complete a successful taper.  I think that we just have to do what we have to do to feel well and get back to a good place.  Being in misery should not be accepted as what one has to endure to taper.  I agree with the general "rule" that if something isn't working you have to keep trying other things until you feel well.  I think some have held an updose for a year to get stable.

Thank you Lynn and begood... So far haven't been able to get thru... Tried twice.... Brother is helping me with this.... I have to look at nova 's info again regarding if they have weekend hours....

Btw, I did a tiny updose yesterday.... Only once as I had a physical incident yesterday that required help.... Desperate I did it.... Is this bad to do?

Please, I've used an updose when I switched to liquid and it worked out well. I also occasionally use a one day, one time updose if sxs are too ramped and I have to finish a project which has also worked well.  I only rarely use that tool probably once a month. I believe we have to experiment with all the tools available and find what works for us individually so I don't believe a tiny updose is necessarily a bad thing.  :)--V

I think if someone is a mess (not meant to offend) then even a large updose may be appropriate.  I seen it more than once here on BB.

Please it is not a harmful thing, when someone is having such a hard time, they are not usually going to get better, or so it seems, I am not going to suffer needlessly, when sometimes we need to up dose a bit, and I have twice and small amt and it helped me to keep moving forward, you know you are not in a good place, and you need to do what is best for you, to function. :), but I think you have to get stable first then proceed with your taper, and right now it does not seem that you are. :)

[71...]