Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I had a horrid day too SS... Sorry you did also  :-[

Begood, and others , when you went too fast and got in trouble... Did you ever experience really bad stress intolerance? Is it a common symptom?

I had an interview today with a psyche doc for SSI assistance. It was SO hard. I was sobbing and shaking through most of it, having jerking movements it was so stressful . It really scared me and I feel like Im going backwards. I don't think I've felt that bad since when I was doing my cross over from K to V where i had such horrible K WDs the whole time.

Scared..... :'(

MIYU,

I have found that stress seems to make whatever sxs I am experiencing that much worse. When I had the innershakes and trembles, it was that sx that was most affected. IMO any stress you are feeling will make sxs worse for a time and  I would imagine an interview with an SSI psych doc would be extremely stressful.

Try to let go of that interview ( it's done and overwith  and you can't change it now anyway). Try to distract yourself with other things, and hopefully tomorrow your stress will be much lighter, and you will feel better.

Heath :therethere::smitten:

Went up to my school today to visit kindergarten kids and some of my colleagues. It was nice to get such a warm reception. Principal wants me back. Made me feel good.

But  I am not ready to go back. I was sooo tired when I got home after being there from 10 to 3. It wasn't even a full day. I sure  hope I get my stamina back soon.

Is it normal to be sooo tired? Dont know whether to push ahead or...... Am I asking too much of myself right now?

It's good to hold and be able to live my life again, but when does the stamina return?

Heath :-[  :(

Begood, and others , when you went too fast and got in trouble... Did you ever experience really bad stress intolerance? Is it a common symptom?

I had an interview today with a psyche doc for SSI assistance. It was SO hard. I was sobbing and shaking through most of it, having jerking movements it was so stressful . It really scared me and I feel like Im going backwards. I don't think I've felt that bad since when I was doing my cross over from K to V where i had such horrible K WDs the whole time.

Horrible no control at all, could not take stress at all, and I felt like I would explode at any time with anger, crying, shaking, everything, the whole Enchilada .

Went up to my school today to visit kindergarten kids and some of my colleagues. It was nice to get such a warm reception. Principal wants me back. Made me feel good.

But  I am not ready to go back. I was sooo tired when I got home after being there from 10 to 3. It wasn't even a full day. I sure  hope I get my stamina back soon.

Is it normal to be sooo tired? Dont know whether to push ahead or...... Am I asking too much of myself right now?

It's good to hold and be able to live my life again, but when does the stamina return?

Good question, Heath. I don't think I'm going to get mine back until I'm off these drugs. They're very sedating. I'm trying to add some very mild exercise to help but finding it difficult. If you're able, exercise would help. Sure understand your desire to go back to work.

Gard :smitten:

Hi Heath. I'm finding my stamina is coming back more and more as I reduce slowly. You should get some stamina back as you hold due to the low level you're at IMO.  :)--V

Hi, Im new to this group! Just checking in with my own taper. Im a short user and was on 5mg valium for less than a month for panic attacks/insmonia, tapered from 5-3 no probs.....My father died in october  :( :( :( :( :( :( and that sent me into hell, but recovered from wd/cut two weeks later...I am able to cut a tad faster than the ashton manual, but now at 1.5 hit a wall...some nasty symptoms appearing...Im going to hold and resume my .25 cuts but for now im stuck waiting to get back to baseline. Does this sound ok?

Hi, Im new to this group! Just checking in with my own taper. Im a short user and was on 5mg valium for less than a month for panic attacks/insmonia, tapered from 5-3 no probs.....My father died in october  :( :( :( :( :( :( and that sent me into hell, but recovered from wd/cut two weeks later...I am able to cut a tad faster than the ashton manual, but now at 1.5 hit a wall...some nasty symptoms appearing...Im going to hold and resume my .25 cuts but for now im stuck waiting to get back to baseline. Does this sound ok?

Welcome Beat, sorry for your Loss. I would say that it is good to hold and for a while I would say, and I see you are wanting to go back to a large cut, the thing I know for sure, the lower you go the percentages go up, so I would rethink that amt, Valley will be on soon and he is our esteem leader and he will give you some more information, but it just seems like your Brain needs to catch up to all the cuts, and beware of cutting too large now. Glad to have another guy here. :smitten:

Welcome Beat, sorry for your Loss. I would say that it is good to hold and for a while I would say, and I see you are wanting to go back to a large cut, the thing I know for sure, the lower you go the percentages go up, so I would rethink that amt, Valley will be on soon and he is our esteem leader and he will give you some more information, but it just seems like your Brain needs to catch up to all the cuts, and beware of cutting too large now. Glad to have another guy here. :smitten:

Thanks begood! Thanks! I really miss my dad, he was 84. Maybe the cuts are too large now like you said. I just have to hold perhaps like you said and feel better before trying again. Im sooo close I can feel freedom.

Also want you to know that there will be other buddies also  that will chime in, just settle in, this is a great group, this is your lucky day. :smitten:

Welcome Beat!  We're glad to have you here. Sorry for your grief as you have gone through this process. It doesn't make it easier.  Begood gave sound advice. If your sxs are ramping up, your body is telling you to slow down, hold or both. If it were me, I'd hold until you feel pretty good and then make cuts according to how your body responds. Start small and increase if you are able. The good news is you were on short term and have been doing doing well with your reductions until now. You could consider a microtaper or making smaller cuts and then holding longer. Both seem to work well and it's your preference on how to taper. We'll help you in any way we can.  :)--V

Thank you both  :smitten:..I feel blessed to have great people here helping. Im going to hold this for awhile for sure....I feel a tad better today. Staying positive and knowing this will end someday is my motto. God Bless y'all!

MIYU,

I have found that stress seems to make whatever sxs I am experiencing that much worse. When I had the innershakes and trembles, it was that sx that was most affected. IMO any stress you are feeling will make sxs worse for a time and  I would imagine an interview with an SSI psych doc would be extremely stressful.

Try to let go of that interview ( it's done and overwith  and you can't change it now anyway). Try to distract yourself with other things, and hopefully tomorrow your stress will be much lighter, and you will feel better.

Heath :therethere::smitten:

Thanks Heath, I do feel a bit better today for sure, though the stress of yesterday has made me even more delicate , I think it will pass though. Really glad it's over , just going to rest and have a bath today  :smitten:

Horrible no control at all, could not take stress at all, and I felt like I would explode at any time with anger, crying, shaking, everything, the whole Enchilada .

Thanks Begood.... :smitten:  I'm sorry you went through that scary thing too.... I'm glad to be reassured that it's WD symptom and that it will get better , as you are living proof of :)

Welcome to the group Beat.... Its a great group , small and intimate and very supportive. You've come to the right place. And good to have another guy here too  :):hug:

Just wanted to add my welcome also.  I am also holding now, in fact, like Nova I had to updose a tad.  If it doesn't help I might have to updose further.  The people here are absolutely the best, you will get great support.  Good luck.

Just wanted to add my welcome also.  I am also holding now, in fact, like Nova I had to updose a tad.  If it doesn't help I might have to updose further.  The people here are absolutely the best, you will get great support.  Good luck.

Good to see you my Friend. :smitten:

Thanks Begood.... :smitten:  I'm sorry you went through that scary thing too.... I'm glad to be reassured that it's WD symptom and that it will get better , as you are living proof of :)

:)

Welcome BB.  Yep, just as Begood and V have said, slowing down the lower your dose gets is definitely advisable. I too had an easy time going from 7.5 mg Valium to 1.25. Then boy did I hit a wall. I held for four months and got stable. I Just now did one small cut.

Holding for a little while longer, then micro tapering doses and substantial holds between cuts when wd sxs ramp up is my plan starting in January. ( according to what my body tells me)

Welcome again!  Take is slow and hopefully your Journey Will be one that is as easy and smooth as possible

Heathcliff :) :)

Welcome BB.  Yep, just as Begood and V have said, slowing down the lower your dose gets is definitely advisable. I too had an easy time going from 7.5 mg Valium to 1.25. Then boy did I hit a wall.  Holding for a while, then micro tapering doses and substantial holds between cuts when wd sxs ramp up is my plan starting in January when my present hold is done. ( according to what my body tells me)

Welcome again! 

Heathcliff :) :)

Perfect, thanks Heathcliff! Im going to do that and hope for the best.

Thanks! I hope I wont have to updose, I might if I dont feel better in a few days. I just think at these low levels, its harder for some.

Don't be afraid to updose if you have to. I just updosed back to 9.5 from 9.25. I was doing well cutting .25 every 15 days but got impatient and dropped it to 10 days.  Didn't take long for that to catch up with me lol.  I gave it 3 days and the sxs continued to escalate so I knew a dose correction was in order. I refuse to suffer again.  :)--V

[6c...]