Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Baddove, just a thought, is there really a reason to have a poster with foul language, I am sorry but I am offended by it, but that is just me, I still have much hope for your taper and think you are doing the right thing., and that you are at the right place. Best always. :)

Baddove, just a thought, is there really a reason to have a poster with foul language, I am sorry but I am offended by it, but that is just me, I still have much hope for your taper and think you are doing the right thing., and that you are at the right place. Best always. :)

Really....? It's not directed at you. A little overboard don't you think?

Really....? It's not directed at you. A little overboard don't you think?

Really.... I know that, no I do not think it is overboard, but we have the right to our own opinions right?

Sometimes language can offend.  It's not really necessary to use profanity.  I don't like it much, personally, but I can and do avoid it when possible.  :)

Well, I missed it all, but I'm glad whatever happened was resolved. It was good to see how everyone so gently worked this out.

I think the profanity issue is explained well in the Benzo Buddies guidelines:

Please do not post profanity - disguised or otherwise - at this forum. Members will have differing sensitivities to the use of swear words, so it is better to avoid their use altogether. The use of profanity can also contribute to a less calm atmosphere. If a swear word is mild and infrequent, or if the member is particularly upset at the time, we might choose to let the rule infraction go unchallenged. Do not take any such examples of such leniency as a green light to post more of the same.

I do think the differing sensitivities is a good point. And I was very glad to see that people seemed to understand this in the discussion. This thread has great people!

Gard

Speaking of profanity... last night, in the wee hours I was actually, blissfully asleep. That is a rarity due to the insomnia, so I love it when it happens.

Then my cat decided to have a nocturnal spazz out. For some inexplicable reason she galloped right over my face, digging her claws into my eyes as she launched herself off the bed.

You guys would have heard the f-word, the s-word, and so much more!  :)

Hey there SS

I just  love love love cats. My whole family are cat lovers. "Knuckles" was my favorite. She used to attack our knuckles when we played with her as a kitten. Used to sleep right in between me and my husband and bat our noses when it was time to wake up. At least she thought it was time to wake up.  Best cat ever! 

Sorry about your attack, but I'm sure you forgave your kitty. She meant no harm I'm sure.

Oh, So it was  you I heard screaming profanities in the middle of the night! Hhmmm!

Heath :crazy:

So why do i always jinx myself? 

Didn't sleep a wink past 3 hours last night. Oh well, time for a tad of Remeron. But it's been 8 days since I took it last, so I guess it is par for me. 

I just wish I didn't have to take it, but my doc explained that I reallly do need it if I am not getting at least a good 6 hours of sleep each night.  It's not good to go on and on with very little sleep.  Our central nervous system, including our brain, and actually our whole body, does its healing while we are sleeping.

Ok, ok, ok, I get it, but I don't like it! This benzo ordeal has gotten me afraid of Just about all medicines. I guess I best get over it!

Heath :idiot:

Oh, you have a cat! I'm so jealous! Not the part about the night marauding though. :laugh:

(V, guard your chickens!)

Gard

LOL. My cat is afraid of the chickens.  :laugh:

Oh, you have a cat! I'm so jealous! Not the part about the night marauding though. :laugh:

(V, guard your chickens!)

Gard

LOL. My cat is afraid of the chickens.  :laugh:

Smart cat! :thumbsup:

Gard,  Happy thanksgiving to you too  and to all in the USA.

Heath :)

I just figured out how you changed the color on your fonts. Just like a regular computer! Duh! Why am I so ditzy?

Gard,  Happy thanksgiving to you too  and to all in the USA.

Heath :)

I just figured out how you changed the color on your fonts. Just like a regular computer! Duh! Why am I so ditzy?

Thanks, Heath, and I think we all know why we're all so ditzy!  :laugh: :laugh:

V, is not a turkey just a large chicken? So what are you having tomorrow?  ???  You don't have to answer that! Just pretend I didn't ask. I'll forget I did by tomorrow. :sleepy: Good night!

Gard :angel:

[f0...]