Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey INP,

Sorry about the eyes and headaches, etc.  What is your current taper schedule?  Is your signature up to date?

Lynn - I'm following you - your posts are great and your taper seems really good - smooth - even after bumps......I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps!

Hey INP,

Sorry about the eyes and headaches, etc.  What is your current taper schedule?  Is your signature up to date?

Lynn - I'm following you - your posts are great and your taper seems really good - smooth - even after bumps......I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps!

hi all, yeah i was  on 2 benzos, Sept got off Ativan, now holding to stabilze as mentor here told ne too, till taper K, sig updated a moment go, hope that helps, im not well, feel mentally whacked, blenderized, etc, sxs's getting worse not better since off Ativan, not cool...........

hugs

INP

Hey INP,

hi all, yeah i was  on 2 benzos, Sept got off Ativan, now holding to stabilze as mentor here told ne too, till taper K, sig updated a moment go, hope that helps, im not well, feel mentally whacked, blenderized, etc, sxs's getting worse not better since off Ativan, not cool...........

hugs

INP

Hi INP. I've seen this before when Ativan and K are involved. It seems once off the Ativan, it takes a while to feel stable again for a while. Not sure why that is except that it could be withdrawing from the A takes a while.  :)--V

Anne and Lynne, 

Your tapers are both going so well. You're both so low in your doses. It does seem to the uneducated that it is a laugh. But we sure do know better. I'm so encouraged by you.good going! :clap:

Heath :thumbsup:

Just an update in case this would help anyone. I completely crashed about a week or so ago about a week into a hold.  Feeling much better now although still waiting for my muscles to become more functional. But the torment/torture feelings have subsided.  I updosed and added a midday .5 mg Ativan back in and also switched the morning and evening doses to Valium. Was really rough for about a week during the switch but I can feel the difference the switch made now.  I almost forget when it's time to take the dose of Valium--when I was only on Ativan I almost counted the minutes until it was time to take the next dose and get relief.  And I think the hold is helping as well. I plan on just holding here for a few weeks or months to see if I can be more functional. 

Hey INP,

hugs

INP

Hi INP. I've seen this before when Ativan and K are involved. It seems once off the Ativan, it takes a while to feel stable again for a while. Not sure why that is except that it could be withdrawing from the A takes a while.  :)--V

I think it takes a while to w/d from the Ativan, too, even when you're still on another benzo.  Most things improved when switching to Valium, but my muscles are very stiff in the morning and usually don't really improve until after the midday Ativan dose.  I think they're withdrawing from the morning and evening Ativan dose.  Just a guess, but that's what I'm telling myself.

Thanks Heath.

We are all getting there, aren't we?  Just a matter of time before we all walk off in to the sunlight!  :thumbsup:

Hope you are well and have a great day!  :smitten:

Hey INP,

hugs

INP

thanks, boo on attivan i thought it was out of my system, but apparently not, boo....i reckon i hold to taper the K then, i hope i stabilize, this is not fun...tinnitus too......thanks for the input, damn these drugs.........hate it , just hate life now...ugh

INP

Sorry you got hit Valley... But glad it turned around , hope that continues....you've been on a roll though so that's good.

Thank you for the encouragement Heath, as ever..... Hope you're doing well today.

Yes what a roller coaster .... One day can have as many ups and downs as a week or more !  :crazy:

I am just having to get used to the fact that my body is on fire every day , burning seems to be my thing as far as symptoms go, definitely the one that sticks around all the time. Plus the intolerance to stress, wish that one would go away.  :tickedoff:

Happy for those of you feeling good!

Here's to a good day tomorrow , love this group!  :smitten:  :hug::mybuddy:

Miyu, The hold helped me a lot with reducing my burning. It's more bearable and I have windows. Hang in there.

Gard

Thank you Gard....I think I had one window last December! About due for another one I'd say :)

Feel so tired all the time too, though today I had some ok energy when I got up. Didn't have to think so hard about doing basic stuff like making breakfast . Pooped again now.....

I've started taking shilijit .... Mineral from the Himalayas .... I find it really lifts my mood and I feel it could help my nervous system . Anyway it seems to agree with me.

Hope you are doing ok today  :hug:

Hi all,

Just letting you all know I am continuing to feel good.

Went to the p doc today and he is in full support of a micro taper I am planning on of .003 daily once I end my hold.

He doesn't understand how I'm going to do it, so I tried to explain the 10:1 solution I mix up with liquid Valium and water. He doesn't get it! I was laughing inside but didn't show it. I think he is learning a bit from ME! Lol.  He said he is glad I slowed down and held my dose for a while. It looks like giving my body a rest is working for me. He doesn't want to hear that I learned about that on the Internet!

He's really a laugh. He tells me to stay off the Internet. He doesn't want to hear that everything I know,and everything I am doing, and everything that is working and getting me to feel better is what I have found on the internet!.... from the Benzo buddies Long Hold Support Group! When I try to tell him this, he doesn't want to hear it! He just says stay off the Internet! Silly silly doc! But he gives me my prescription for liquid Valium, so that is all I really care about. I've got all you buddies for everything else!

Thank you beautiful buddies!

Heath :smitten::thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup::therethere::yippee::clap: :clap:

Hi dear Heath,

I am delighted that you are feeling well 💕

Thank you for sharing the ignorance of our doctors, in such a charming way :)

I enjoyed reading your post, as I forgot my struggles.

Sending you loving hugs,

and wish you, and everyone struggling, healing blessings 🌺💕

Anoushka

Hi Anoushka

Thanks for the sweet healing blessings. I am sending them right back to you as well. I haven't seen you on the forum for a while. I hope you are feeling better these days and that your struggles are much lighter. Are you still holding? How are the wd sxs?

Heath :smitten::therethere: :

Hi everyone,

Im still doing ok. But I have had some new unexpected waves.

Today I got waves of exhaustion and mild nausea. Nothing horrible but pretty bothersome. Very strange. It popped up about four separate times during the day. Lasted about 45 minutes and the gone, but kept coming back. Very very strange. One minute I can't even look at food and about an hour later I am devouring everything in sight! Crazy, :crazy:

Mental wd sxs are really a bother. They don't come too often but when they do it's very disturbing.  Distracting is the only thing that works to rid them from me. Thank heaven for my macrame projects. (I make intricate plant hangers) they have saved me many many times from my anxiety mornings

Heath :o???

I hope everyone who is struggling finds a way out and enjoys better days soon.

And many congratulations for those who are ON THEIR WAY!

HEAYH :smitten::thumbsup:

Sorry you got hit Valley... But glad it turned around , hope that continues....you've been on a roll though so that's good.

Thank you for the encouragement Heath, as ever..... Hope you're doing well today.

Yes what a roller coaster .... One day can have as many ups and downs as a week or more !  :crazy:

I am just having to get used to the fact that my body is on fire every day , burning seems to be my thing as far as symptoms go, definitely the one that sticks around all the time. Plus the intolerance to stress, wish that one would go away.  :tickedoff:

Miyu, The hold helped me a lot with reducing my burning. It's more bearable and I have windows. Hang in there.

Gard

Thank you Gard....I think I had one window last December! About due for another one I'd say :)

Feel so tired all the time too, though today I had some ok energy when I got up. Didn't have to think so hard about doing basic stuff like making breakfast . Pooped again now.....

I've started taking shilijit .... Mineral from the Himalayas .... I find it really lifts my mood and I feel it could help my nervous system . Anyway it seems to agree with me.

Heath,

I've had some blips the last couple of days but they were mild and I chalk them up, largely, to stress.  The good news is that  some pretty intense stuff did not knock me for a loop and I am feeling very well this morning while still handling some difficult issues.

I hope everyone feels even a little better today and those doing well continue to do so.  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi all. This is my confession lol. I had to backtrack to my 10 day .25 cut. I was close to a .5 cut but the demands of my job were too much and I had to go back to keep my sanity. You would think I would learn. My body said to hold after 10 days but I kept going and ended up with some pretty intense cognitive issues. This is right in the middle of one of the busiest times of the year for me and I probably would have just held and rode it out if not for that.  Slow and steady.... Hope everyone is doing well!  :)--V

Hi all. This is my confession lol. I had to backtrack to my 10 day .25 cut. I was close to a .5 cut but the demands of my job were too much and I had to go back to keep my sanity. You would think I would learn. My body said to hold after 10 days but I kept going and ended up with some pretty intense cognitive issues. This is right in the middle of one of the busiest times of the year for me and I probably would have just held and rode it out if not for that.  Slow and steady.... Hope everyone is doing well!  :)--V

Tis good to purge Soul, and now you know what you need to do, like you always tell us, not pushing will get us there just as soon, but pushing holds us back, no worry you got it now, cheering you on to success, you will get there. Hugs :smitten:

Tis good to purge Soul, and now you know what you need to do, like you always tell us, not pushing will get us there just as soon, but pushing holds us back, no worry you got it now, cheering you on to success, you will get there. Hugs :smitten:

Thanks BG. It's so easy to get caught in the "hurry up" mindset. I think I've FINALLY learned what slow for me is now.  :thumbsup:

I think that we all get that "hurry up!" thing now and again.  For me it signals a time to step back, mull it over AND remember what happens when I rush! :idiot:

I think that we all get that "hurry up!" thing now and again.  For me it signals a time to step back, mull it over AND remember what happens when I rush! :idiot:

Isn't that the truth.  Whenever I think I can push just a little past where I should hold, it always ends up biting me hard.  :)--V

Isn't that the truth.  Whenever I think I can push just a little past where I should hold, it always ends up biting me hard.  :)--V

Yup want to keep that cute hindy of yours ;), so just go with the flow, it bites hard and will take big chucks out of you, but now you are going to be even more effective as you now know. The thing will always remain we are human and the Benzo lies will try us every now and then, just wipe off and onward. :thumbsup::smitten:

Propaganda for the day:

"I think there's every reason to assume that given time, a CNS can restabilize and get itself back into balance with successively lower doses of the drug using some variation on the same mechanisms that it uses to restabilize and get itself back into balance when the drug is removed altogether. I think it's a perfectly reasonable hypothesis that this would explain why a slow taper works so well for some people and symptoms often disappear after holding long enough.

Probably ideally, if someone can get off a benzo quickly, the best thing to do is to get it out of the system and then allow the receptors to fully repopulate and all the other stuff to happen to renormalize the CNS.

But this isn't practical for many, many people. Many people have to go slowly. Many people get very sick when they try to "grit one's teeth and continue the withdrawal." And the kind of sick they get can be very, very bad. In fact, it can keep them from ever getting off benzos at all; often they end up polydrugged as a result of getting so sick." --V

Gard

MiYu,

Just a little caution about the shilajit.  It's fulvic acid or contains fulvic acid, I think and normally I think it's an awesome supplement but when you're on precsription drugs it can make them absorb more quickly or just absorb more than they would normally. I noticed that when I took it-I would feel the effects of any drugs more strongly, then I Googled it and found it to be true. But if it's helping you then great! I don't know if the absorbing thing only happens when you take it close to the meds or if taking it several hours apart would make that not happen.  Worth a bit of research maybe.  Take care!

AF

[3f...]