Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Am at work so l just wanted to let you all know l am thinking of you.All the same this end so hooray for that.l haven't time to catch up will hopefully be back Thursday.Trish glad your daughter is feeling better.That is good news.Now try to relax.l know you will be panicking about Rich however he will follow the guidelines and hopefully all will be well.Stay strong honey.love you my lST X

Morning Lady Mary all going good no illness.Trev is doing well moaning as per not happy about not being able to golf etc.The pups are keeping him busy so l just block him out when he starts 😧.My daughter is moving in with her boyfriend on Friday so she is excited.Also exams coming up so back to the books 😣.

I am so happy to hear about Gilly always wonder how she is getting on.l wonder is she tapering and how her relationship is holding up?l am sure she will let you know in due course.Keep me updated please.

I am delighted you had a better day honey you deserve a break.l would imagine it is a combination of withdrawal and stress.Maybe not the best time to be tapering however we must try.Stay put honey and hopefully things will ease off.l hope my friend Tim is doing good? Give my little Sly a hug from me.l will be back soon hen.Miss you.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Gypsy Troch Stephen Final Intend Gilly Valley Free Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu Bill Val GP Suzy and everyone here sending you my love.X

My bf finally moved his office from inside the house to an outside building in backyard.  I’ve been doing the happy dance this week.  He did leave a massive mess for me to clean but someday it will be an extra bedroom.  Plus the general quiet in the house is wonderful.

Another day so much to clean........

Hello! I'm new here. I'm looking for support and advice.

So, long story short, I've managed to eek my way down to around .1mg of Klonopin, and I feel like it has caught up to me big time. I am not doing particularly well. I think it is time to hold for an indefinite amount of time. I hope that is the right call anyway. The thing that scares me the most is that I have never really felt stable on benzos from the very beginning (hence my 2 hasty CT attempts). However, throughout my whole taper, I have never been patient enough to hold for very long to see how stable I can get. Maybe 2-3 weeks at the most. My hope is that I'm at a low enough dose now that I won't be getting the nasty sxs or paradoxical reactions I was getting before.

I guess my question is this: is there anyone hanging around here that's been in a similar boat as me (suffered for like a year on a taper) and then held for a long time and leveled off enough to feel comfortable enough to start dropping again? As of right now, I'm not sure how I can ever get much lower than .1.

Hoping for some guidance here. Part of me just wants to just plow on through, but I'm sure plowing through is part of why I'm not feeling good at all.

So, long story short, I've managed to eek my way down to around .1mg of Klonopin, and I feel like it has caught up to me big time. I am not doing particularly well. I think it is time to hold for an indefinite amount of time. I hope that is the right call anyway. The thing that scares me the most is that I have never really felt stable on benzos from the very beginning (hence my 2 hasty CT attempts). However, throughout my whole taper, I have never been patient enough to hold for very long to see how stable I can get. Maybe 2-3 weeks at the most. My hope is that I'm at a low enough dose now that I won't be getting the nasty sxs or paradoxical reactions I was getting before.

I guess my question is this: is there anyone hanging around here that's been in a similar boat as me (suffered for like a year on a taper) and then held for a long time and leveled off enough to feel comfortable enough to start dropping again? As of right now, I'm not sure how I can ever get much lower than .1.

Hoping for some guidance here. Part of me just wants to just plow on through, but I'm sure plowing through is part of why I'm not feeling good at all.

Yes, her name is Olivekitty, she reads this thread a couple times a week.  She held for a year after having a very hard time with tapering off Valium, and ended up in really good shape.  She is tapering again.  I am sure she will answer.  We have others, Trishy, who holds when struggling on Xanax, and her holds , though taking time, really help her also.  Lots of people have used holding to get their brain and nervous system stabilized again and are able to move forward.  Hope some of them read this so you have someone to discuss with.  Plowing through , imo, isn't a great idea.  Good luck 🍀

Hi Hearsaybenz

I started this journey back in 2006 on Ativan 3mg a day which caused massive interpose withdrawals as it is a fast acting benzo, anyway short story is I crossed over rather harshly to 5mg diazepam which was in no way anywhere near equivalent to the approximately 30 mg of v that they should have put me on. Anyways I suffered for 4 years as it was like a cold turkey with a hint of v.

However the good news is i eventually stabilised and I have slowly tapered with extremely long holds in between which has been a blessing.

I function very well once stable and have a very busy productive life, I still get slammed a little when cutting because I am down to lower numbers but by understanding how my body reacts I determine the pace I go so I am I need total control.

I do a daily liquid microtaper with long holds and that works great for me. You have to find what works for you and also to be patient with yourself.

Hope this helps

Gypsy :smitten:

Thanks for the responses guys. It is encouraging to hear about people who have been able to level out by holding. I am definitely going to hang tight at where I am at. I really thought I could power through to the end, but got hit hard for sure. Plus with everything that's going on with the world and with life, it's certainly best to take a breather. I've been able to stay functional throughout my taper (mostly), but it's getting to the point where something's gotta give. So, I hope I can begin to level out pretty quick.

Thanks again!

Am at work so l just wanted to let you all know l am thinking of you.All the same this end so hooray for that.l haven't time to catch up will hopefully be back Thursday.Trish glad your daughter is feeling better.That is good news.Now try to relax.l know you will be panicking about Rich however he will follow the guidelines and hopefully all will be well.Stay strong honey.love you my lST X

Morning Lady Mary all going good no illness.Trev is doing well moaning as per not happy about not being able to golf etc.The pups are keeping him busy so l just block him out when he starts 😧.My daughter is moving in with her boyfriend on Friday so she is excited.Also exams coming up so back to the books 😣.

I am so happy to hear about Gilly always wonder how she is getting on.l wonder is she tapering and how her relationship is holding up?l am sure she will let you know in due course.Keep me updated please.

I am delighted you had a better day honey you deserve a break.l would imagine it is a combination of withdrawal and stress.Maybe not the best time to be tapering however we must try.Stay put honey and hopefully things will ease off.l hope my friend Tim is doing good? Give my little Sly a hug from me.l will be back soon hen.Miss you.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Gypsy Troch Stephen Final Intend Gilly Valley Free Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu Bill Val GP Suzy and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hey twin great to hear from you! How is everything? Are you very busy at work? Are you working with the CV patients or working with regular patient's? In any case you take care of yourself and be extra careful. Thinking of you.

Love you,

LST ❤️

Thanks for the responses guys. It is encouraging to hear about people who have been able to level out by holding. I am definitely going to hang tight at where I am at. I really thought I could power through to the end, but got hit hard for sure. Plus with everything that's going on with the world and with life, it's certainly best to take a breather. I've been able to stay functional throughout my taper (mostly), but it's getting to the point where something's gotta give. So, I hope I can begin to level out pretty quick.

Thanks again!

Hi hearsay,

I could never have gotten to where I am without holding sometimes for months. I am currently holding at almost 4 months now. Holding does me wonders. Actually the longer I hold the better I feel. I only get into trouble when moving too quickly. I have hurt myself realllllyyy bad by cutting too quick. It's not worth the pain and suffering to plow through. A good hold will do your brain and body good, give yourself a break and you'll be very happy that you did.. Don't be surprised if a long hold has you feeling very good, it has me.  :)

Good luck!

Trishy

My bf finally moved his office from inside the house to an outside building in backyard.  I’ve been doing the happy dance this week.  He did leave a massive mess for me to clean but someday it will be an extra bedroom.  Plus the general quiet in the house is wonderful.

Another day so much to clean........

Hey GP you sound good  :) happy cleaning and dancing ;)!

Trishy ❤️

Hi hearsay,

I could never have gotten to where I am without holding sometimes for months. I am currently holding at almost 4 months now. Holding does me wonders. Actually the longer I hold the better I feel. I only get into trouble when moving too quickly. I have hurt myself realllllyyy bad by cutting too quick. It's not worth the pain and suffering to plow through. A good hold will do your brain and body good, give yourself a break and you'll be very happy that you did.. Don't be surprised if a long hold has you feeling very good, it has me.  :)

Good luck!

Trishy

Very cool to hear. The thing for me is that I was only on benzos for a cumulative amount of like 9 months before I started tapering. So I've already been tapering for longer than I was on in the first place. I think that's why I was so confident that I could go quickly. But one thing I've learned... it doesn't take long for this stuff to take ahold of you. I've probably subjected myself to a year of unnecessary suffering. But it's all hindsight now I guess.

You'll probably see me pop up in here from time to time looking for support and/or updating how I'm doing.

Yes, her name is Olivekitty, she reads this thread a couple times a week.  She held for a year after having a very hard time with tapering off Valium, and ended up in really good shape.  She is tapering again.  I am sure she will answer.  We have others, Trishy, who holds when struggling on Xanax, and her holds , though taking time, really help her also.  Lots of people have used holding to get their brain and nervous system stabilized again and are able to move forward.  Hope some of them read this so you have someone to discuss with.  Plowing through , imo, isn't a great idea.  Good luck 🍀

Yes that’s me! I tapered down to 2mg and I felt so terrible I decided to hold until I felt stable again. That was a year and a half, and then I tapered the last 2mgs in about 4 months and had no withdrawal symptoms. The long hold was SO worth it!

Good morning Hearsay and welcome to the LHSG.l have to say your story is not unique sadly.Now when you say you haven't been stable from the beginning what exactly do you mean? That could change your hold outcome.l don't have the same success with holds as Olive and Trish however l continue to hold why because l am looking to when l get off.l have witnessed enough during my time here to see people that slowly taper have less suffering after stopping.That actually makes perfect sense to me as we are allowing the brain to heal as we taper off which means less healing when the taper is done.l know there is a lot of discussion regarding healing as we taper some say no others say yes l myself say yes.The less drug the less impact on our brain so healing does happen.

Now holding isn't easy you won't feel better for some time so don't expect a miracle.lt can and does take several months and sometimes you will feel worse and new symptoms will appear.This is all very normal.The biggest battle you will have is with your thoughts you will constantly be battling the need to push on.Commit to a hold and hopefully your situation will improve.

. love Stut Xu

Morning Trish no l am not dealing with covid 19 patients that would bore me to death 😕.l am working with the forgotten others trying to get them the treatment they need as quickly as possible.I sometimes do face to face mostly triaging on the phone.l am not in any danger so don't worry.lt is hard work however it can be very satisfying.l would hope that l won't be doing it over the summer but you never know.l hope you are doing ok honey.l in a way have become accustomed to the new normal it really is amazing how quickly we can adapt when we need to.Try to enjoy your day my lovely.love you my lST X

Morning GP awe the love you have for your bf is heartwarming 😏.I hope you get a break now and get a little peace and quiet.Are you tapering or are you still holding? love you.X

Morning Olive how are you is your back any easier?l hope you are still able to get out for your walks.love you.X

Morning Suzy what is up with you?Are you doing any better? love you.X

Morning Lady Mary Gilly Gypsy Troch Valley Free Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Val Intend Miyu Bill Stephen Final Free and everyone here sending you my love.X

Good morning Hearsay and welcome to the LHSG.l have to say your story is not unique sadly.Now when you say you haven't been stable from the beginning what exactly do you mean? That could change your hold outcome.l don't have the same success with holds as Olive and Trish however l continue to hold why because l am looking to when l get off.l have witnessed enough during my time here to see people that slowly taper have less suffering after stopping.That actually makes perfect sense to me as we are allowing the brain to heal as we taper off which means less healing when the taper is done.l know there is a lot of discussion regarding healing as we taper some say no others say yes l myself say yes.The less drug the less impact on our brain so healing does happen.

Now holding isn't easy you won't feel better for some time so don't expect a miracle.lt can and does take several months and sometimes you will feel worse and new symptoms will appear.This is all very normal.The biggest battle you will have is with your thoughts you will constantly be battling the need to push on.Commit to a hold and hopefully your situation will improve.

. love Stut Xu

I mean that just a month or two after I started taking Xanax, the original anxiety I was taking it for got like 10x worse. I also got deeply depressed for the first time in my life. Other symptoms like muscle and joint pain hit me as well. I’m not sure if I had a bad reaction to it, or hit tolerance super quickly, or maybe was having interdose wd as I wasn’t taking it daily, but I haven’t been right ever since.

You’re right about the thoughts. I’ve only been holding for a little over a week (although I’ve only done one tiny cut this month) and I am already tempted to cut again. I just want off of this poison so badly. But I’m going to keep holding, I think I have to.

I am still holding and struggling with when to start taper again.  Part of me thinks now is the worse time to be dependent on medicine but I don’t want to jinx my progress again either.  It’s a tough call.

I am still holding and struggling with when to start taper again.  Part of me thinks now is the worse time to be dependent on medicine but I don’t want to jinx my progress again either.  It’s a tough call.

Don't jinx your progress Gardie.   

Since I did it  :(. It just makes the news on Covid hit me so much harder and much more anxiety.  I am starting to feel better, and if  that continues, the last taper may have been worth it, but that needs to happen soon.  It's very hard not to regret that taper more everyday.  You are strong and feeling pretty

decent, which helps you get through this time much better.  I think that's really important right now.

The Covid virus had just started ( or we were just finding out about it  >:() when I started that taper.

Bad timing.  LY woman, 🌺🌺🌺🌺

I logged in awhile ago but was interrupted while I was posting by a phone call. I just wanted to let everyone here know that the test for covid immunity is available by quest diagnostics. This test can tell you if you had the virus. I am getting this test today. I want to know if the cold I had in February was just a cold. I did have to pay out of pocket 129$ but I didn't care, I'm curious. This information may do me no good but I want to know. So I thought I'd share this info in case anyone else wants this test to know if they have antibodies to the virus. Also no Dr has to order it you can do this on your own. I don't know how long test results take but I will ask when I'm there.

Love to all,

Trishy ❤️

. love Stut Xu

I mean that just a month or two after I started taking Xanax, the original anxiety I was taking it for got like 10x worse. I also got deeply depressed for the first time in my life. Other symptoms like muscle and joint pain hit me as well. I’m not sure if I had a bad reaction to it, or hit tolerance super quickly, or maybe was having interdose wd as I wasn’t taking it daily, but I haven’t been right ever since.

You’re right about the thoughts. I’ve only been holding for a little over a week (although I’ve only done one tiny cut this month) and I am already tempted to cut again. I just want off of this poison so badly. But I’m going to keep holding, I think I have to.

Hearsay,

That's just what happened to me accept I was clueless that it was the Xanax causing horrible depression and my anxiety was through the roof. The thing I took it for became so much more worse. As I got lower in dose my anxiety became less and so did my depression. In my experience though I have found to rush this is to pay a high price of suffering in so many ways so low and slow is what works for me. I will be chipping away When I begin again and slowly, very slowly moving my way down. My goal is to get to .75 mgs of Xanax by the end of the year but that was before covid so any progress I make this year will be a blessing.

Holding really does work so don't beat your body and brain up only to suffer long term when you're done with your taper. Stut is right and I'm proof that healing does occur while holding, how do I know? I felt so good after a long hold like my old self and was able to function and enjoy life! Enjoying life is so important don't let bwd steal any more of that from you. Giving your body and brain time to catch up and heal from the cuts can only do you good.  :)

Trishy

I logged in awhile ago but was interrupted while I was posting by a phone call. I just wanted to let everyone here know that the test for covid immunity is available by quest diagnostics. This test can tell you if you had the virus. I am getting this test today. I want to know if the cold I had in February was just a cold. I did have to pay out of pocket 129$ but I didn't care, I'm curious. This information may do me no good but I want to know. So I thought I'd share this info in case anyone else wants this test to know if they have antibodies to the virus. Also no Dr has to order it you can do this on your own. I don't know how long test results take but I will ask when I'm there.

Love to all,

Trishy ❤️

If you have had it, you can give blood for the people that have it now if your blood shows, you know, my brain just lost the word.  Tim thinks he may have had it too, he had a cold a few months ago.

When you find out how long it takes to get results, let me know.  He may go so he can give blood too.

I will make myself go too and give O blood.  Love ya girlfriend.  I honestly hope you have both had it.

But you still have to be careful, which I am sure you know.  MM.  antibodies?  :D

Love to all,

Trishy ❤️

If you have had it, you can give blood for the people that have it now if your blood shows, you know, my brain just lost the word.  Tim thinks he may have had it too, he had a cold a few months ago.

When you find out how long it takes to get results, let me know.  He may go so he can give blood too.

I will make myself go too and give O blood.  Love ya girlfriend.  I honestly hope you have both had it.

But you still have to be careful, which I am sure you know.  MM.  antibodies?  :D

I would gladly give my blood, I'm type 0 positive so I think I can give to anybody. I have never given blood before but I think my cardiologist told me not too bc of my arrythmia and heart murmur?? I don't remember but I think it had to do with cardiac. Breaking news right! Fauci and Birx are in Whitehouse live and talking about the drug REMDESIVIR an anti viral drug that is showing good results in lessening mortality rates so that's good news I guess 🤞🙏

Anywho, my appt is for 2:30 ..a little nervous to go into quest but I'll wear an n95 mask and gloves 😳

Also have a question about something that started with me yesterday. I walked for am hour with Rich and then I helped him do heavy yard work. We were clearing leaves and cutting down brush in our back yard. I got really rev'd up! As in feeling very shaky almost like a low blood sugar kind of feeling. I felt like I was on speed or something and have stayed that way since 🤦‍♀️ my heart rate is higher too?? Does anybody know why this might happen? Does it have to do with bwd?? I didn't even sleep good I was so rev'd up!

Hi Stut, glad to hear you are doing ok and staying safe. I am ok. The isolation is getting to me. I'm ready to start talking to myself, lol! Love you Suzy

Morning Trish no l am not dealing with covid 19 patients that would bore me to death 😕.l am working with the forgotten others trying to get them the treatment they need as quickly as possible.I sometimes do face to face mostly triaging on the phone.l am not in any danger so don't worry.lt is hard work however it can be very satisfying.l would hope that l won't be doing it over the summer but you never know.l hope you are doing ok honey.l in a way have become accustomed to the new normal it really is amazing how quickly we can adapt when we need to.Try to enjoy your day my lovely.love you my lST X

Morning GP awe the love you have for your bf is heartwarming 😏.I hope you get a break now and get a little peace and quiet.Are you tapering or are you still holding? love you.X

Morning Olive how are you is your back any easier?l hope you are still able to get out for your walks.love you.X

Morning Suzy what is up with you?Are you doing any better? love you.X

Morning Lady Mary Gilly Gypsy Troch Valley Free Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Val Intend Miyu Bill Stephen Final Free and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hey Stut, glad to hear you are not in any danger. I am very happy to hear that you're not on the Frontlines. I am doing ok with all that's going on. We can't change it so what's to do other than try to stay as safe as possible. I hope you're getting time to yourself and unwind after work.

Please continue to take care of yourself twinny, always think of you.

Love you,

LST ❤️

Love to all,

Trishy ❤️

I would gladly give my blood, I'm type 0 positive so I think I can give to anybody. I have never given blood before but I think my cardiologist told me not too bc of my arrythmia and heart murmur?? I don't remember but I think it had to do with cardiac. Breaking news right! Fauci and Birx are in Whitehouse live and talking about the drug REMDESIVIR an anti viral drug that is showing good results in lessening mortality rates so that's good news I guess 🤞🙏

Anywho, my appt is for 2:30 ..a little nervous to go into quest but I'll wear an n95 mask and gloves 😳

Also have a question about something that started with me yesterday. I walked for am hour with Rich and then I helped him do heavy yard work. We were clearing leaves and cutting down brush in our back yard. I got really rev'd up! As in feeling very shaky almost like a low blood sugar kind of feeling. I felt like I was on speed or something and have stayed that way since 🤦‍♀️ my heart rate is higher too?? Does anybody know why this might happen? Does it have to do with bwd?? I didn't even sleep good I was so rev'd up!

Yes, I just saw that.  Thank God for some good news!!  Yes, what happened to you is pretty common.  You just over did it physically and your body just isn't prepared for it.  It rev'd you up.  It happens to me too, lots of people.  There are some people on here that can exercise hard, but a lot have to watch it and not cross that line.  It doesn't usually last over a day or so from what I've read and felt , but the next day I am fatigued.  Damn benzo's.  LY  :smitten: :smitten:

Hearsay,

That's just what happened to me accept I was clueless that it was the Xanax causing horrible depression and my anxiety was through the roof. The thing I took it for became so much more worse. As I got lower in dose my anxiety became less and so did my depression. In my experience though I have found to rush this is to pay a high price of suffering in so many ways so low and slow is what works for me. I will be chipping away When I begin again and slowly, very slowly moving my way down. My goal is to get to .75 mgs of Xanax by the end of the year but that was before covid so any progress I make this year will be a blessing.

Holding really does work so don't beat your body and brain up only to suffer long term when you're done with your taper. Stut is right and I'm proof that healing does occur while holding, how do I know? I felt so good after a long hold like my old self and was able to function and enjoy life! Enjoying life is so important don't let bwd steal any more of that from you. Giving your body and brain time to catch up and heal from the cuts can only do you good.  :)

Trishy

So you had adverse reaction to it and you've still been able to stabilize? That is encouraging for me. I had a hunch very early on that the pills were causing it, but I still tried to blame it on other things for a while. By the time I decided it was definitely the pills, it was already too late. I think my depression has gotten worse overall as I've gotten lower in dose, but it's hard to say if a lot of that stems from being so frustrated about this whole process. I guess it probably has a lot to do with cutting faster that my body could handle.

We'll see what happens in the coming weeks and months. I'm really hoping that I'm more like you and can find some relief from holding.

Hearsay,

Trishy

So you had adverse reaction to it and you've still been able to stabilize? That is encouraging for me. I had a hunch very early on that the pills were causing it, but I still tried to blame it on other things for a while. By the time I decided it was definitely the pills, it was already too late. I think my depression has gotten worse overall as I've gotten lower in dose, but it's hard to say if a lot of that stems from being so frustrated about this whole process. I guess it probably has a lot to do with cutting faster that my body could handle.

We'll see what happens in the coming weeks and months. I'm really hoping that I'm more like you and can find some relief from holding.

Yes definitely! This depression I had was horrendous. It is almost non existent now. I was taking 3 mgs of Xanax at the time and having anxiety that was making me look border line psycho. I was having panic attacks daily. I can't remember the last time I had a panic attack. That crushing depression is gone. I am on 1 mg of Xanax now and if I know anything I know for sure that the higher dose of Xanax definitely caused all of that. The lower I got in dosage all be it slowly after learning going too fast was to hard on my body I got better and better. I was happy again. I know some people don't have the results I had but a lot do. I think I can say though just about everyone improves to some degree when they stop the tapering and just hold the dose for awhile until they feel they are well enough mentally and physically to carry on. Don't be discouraged though if you feel you're getting worse before you get better. This usually happens as there is a lag time with bwd. The cuts are cumulative and will pile up days to weeks after holding but after getting over that hump you begin to feel better and better bc your body has now adjusted to the new lower dose. So lots of patience are required to hold. I know for me that I could never get off this drug without holds in between cuts, they are necessary for me. The people who keep going despite how ill they become usually end up with protracted wd. Their taper might be over but they suffer for months and sometimes a few years after, it's very sad. So go slow with holds and you'll be better off for it.

Trishy ❤️

[39...]