Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi all,

Everyone still holding on ,  I see. Same here. Nothing to get happy about. Lots of physical issues.  The therapists tell me, it's all to do with my health anxiety.  Still not convinced. Muscle problems started before taking benzos. The rest after taking it.

Anyway,  this morning I added another mg to my dose of Seroxat. Still hard to put extra meds in this upset body and mind. Hope to be able to continue increasing the stuff. They say I need it...

Muscles and strength are a joke. If only it wasn't so sad.

Corona on the way down overhere. Things are improving!  Finally.

Stay save.

Hi all,

Everyone still holding on ,  I see. Same here. Nothing to get happy about. Lots of physical issues.  The therapists tell me, it's all to do with my health anxiety.  Still not convinced. Muscle problems started before taking benzos. The rest after taking it.

Anyway,  this morning I added another mg to my dose of Seroxat. Still hard to put extra meds in this upset body and mind. Hope to be able to continue increasing the stuff. They say I need it...

Muscles and strength are a joke. If only it wasn't so sad.

Corona on the way down overhere. Things are improving!  Finally.

Stay save.

Morning Troch well it could be health anxiety,it could be withdrawal who knows.l must say it does appear to be both.l really don't know if there is any more tests left for you to get done.l think also that all the tests are causing you a lot of anxiety and despair.lt really is a catch 22 situation.Keep working with your therapist and practice the techniques and increase the Seroxat very slowly.l really hope you stay strong honey.love to you.X

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning lady Mary awe Hen we will just have to find another King however he must have papers 😳.l will post over on the village now such a loss l feel for Begood and her niece.Never easy to deal with.l am ok just remembering why l left the NHS in the first place 😧.l am keeping ok not overdoing it and if they ask too much they can stuff the job where the sun don't shine 😡.All going good this end bro and fam are well so all in all nothing new going on.l am working this afternoon then Friday so have to walk the pups before work.l hope you start to feel better soon honey l know you are in the thick of it so hang in there my lovely.l will hopefully be on tomorrow.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Trish l think it is caused by anxiety my lovely.l do think it would be good to try to be a little more active as it is good for us mentally.l think a change of scenery helps immensely.So if l were you get up and moving.l have said from the word go this virus is not going anywhere so yes we will be hit time and time again.lt really is a case of a vaccine being produced so we are going to have to adapt to a very different way of life.l really believe they will have to get the less vulnerable out and working and protect the vulnerable however testing will be key and they don't appear to be able to do that so we will have to wait and see.I hope you have a better day honey.love you my lST X

. Morning Suzy how are you?I am keeping busy l am doing the best l can will it ever be enough not even close but we have to work with what we have.A lot of people are dying from lack of care not just covid 19 so that is what we are trying to prevent.Here there is an overpreparedness for covid 19 at the cost of other care so we must balance that out.l hope you are feeling just a little better honey.love you.X

Morning Olive glad to see your post sorry your back is playing up l hope you can get some relief moving forward.l must say and l think this is making me sadder than anything else l am not really affected by the self isolation l have been doing it for years.l didn't even realise that.l will in the future work on that aspect of my life.love you.X

Morning Meems sorry about your cat it is never easy to lose a family member.l really hope they can keep her comfortable.l am thinking of you honey.love you.X

Morning Final Bill Miyu Nova Esperanza GP Val Gilly Valley Free NJ and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hi Stut,

I am doing good. Alot calmer than last week. Not sure if it was a wave or cv anxiety or both. That is so sad. That must be so hard to see. This is the worst thing I could ever imagine. Please be so careful. We dont want you getting sick. You make me laugh, when you tell them if they try to overwork you you will put them in their place!! I love that. I need to be more like that. When I was a nursing assistant I swear I did everything. The patients would pull me aside and say, you need to slow down, dont let them take advantage of you.  I was like the Energizer rabbit!

I would be so tired after a week, omg. I wish 8 could help now. My stupid muscles I'm so mad. I was really good with my patients. I remember having this way of calming them down. I was in nursing school. Almost done. Got a bf, and there you go. Men have never been my friend, lol. Love you! Stay safe!!!!

Hi Stut,

I am doing good. Alot calmer than last week. Not sure if it was a wave or cv anxiety or both. That is so sad. That must be so hard to see. This is the worst thing I could ever imagine. Please be so careful. We dont want you getting sick. You make me laugh, when you tell them if they try to overwork you you will put them in their place!! I love that. I need to be more like that. When I was a nursing assistant I swear I did everything. The patients would pull me aside and say, you need to slow down, dont let them take advantage of you.  I was like the Energizer rabbit!

I would be so tired after a week, omg. I wish 8 could help now. My stupid muscles I'm so mad. I was really good with my patients. I remember having this way of calming them down. I was in nursing school. Almost done. Got a bf, and there you go. Men have never been my friend, lol. Love you! Stay safe!!!!

I feel the same way DD.  I couldn't help medically, but I could help at the food bank.  I didn't know you were in nursing school, but I do know why your patients loved you.  You are such a sweetie. 

My muscles just make so many things impossible.  I am taking too much otc meds, so I probably won't taper again until CV is more under control.  Even to be able to help several part time days would be something.  I just hate feeling useless while so many are out there trying to help.  :(. Love you girl, Mary ❤️❤️

Me too mm,

We are in alot of pain and I do t see how we could run around helping. I feel useless too. I know we would in  mi ute if we could. To unsafe for us we can barely function ourselves. You are a sweetie too. I am not tapering either. I d9nt think it's a good idea. No use to destabilize ourselves at this time. I still cant believe this at all. I never thought we would live to see such horror. The masks, quarantine, the whole world. I feel we will be fine if we stay home. I walk sometimes and nobody is around and all I do is clean. I feel like a maid. City derella scrubbing the floors hair a wreck and no lite ahaaa. It's going to be ok. In time. Ly dd

Just checking in. All the same here, feeling a bit better this week, last week felt like I was coming unhinged. Work is still just slow. Spending alot of time working out and walking when it is warm enough (too cold today).

Trishy, try not to worry about spending time with your new grandbaby! Babies/kids have mostly done okay with the virus and stayed safe. And if there is a second round of this in the fall, which I suspect there might be, then your daughter or son would be home with the baby anyway.

I am feeling antsy and am going to try to cut my mirtazapine dose. I feel like it really doesn't help. I know I should get off the benzo first but that was too traumatic and not up to cutting that now. Going to try a small cut beginning tonight and see. I figure this is actually a fairly good time to try this as if I become ill I am really not missing anything.

Stay safe everyone.

I have something that seems good.

Its the Coronovirus Anxiety workbook.

Ypu can google it and download it. Hope it can help out u guys.

Just checking in. All the same here, feeling a bit better this week, last week felt like I was coming unhinged. Work is still just slow. Spending alot of time working out and walking when it is warm enough (too cold today).

Trishy, try not to worry about spending time with your new grandbaby! Babies/kids have mostly done okay with the virus and stayed safe. And if there is a second round of this in the fall, which I suspect there might be, then your daughter or son would be home with the baby anyway.

I am feeling antsy and am going to try to cut my mirtazapine dose. I feel like it really doesn't help. I know I should get off the benzo first but that was too traumatic and not up to cutting that now. Going to try a small cut beginning tonight and see. I figure this is actually a fairly good time to try this as if I become ill I am really not missing anything.

Stay safe everyone.

Thanks for checking in NJ.  Glad you have had a decent week.  I don't know a lot about mirtz, so I will just wish you lots of luck if you decide to cut.  Hope the whole family is okay.  LY, Mary :smitten:

Stay safe nj. I was worse last last week too. It was awful. I could not relax . Praying things get better soon. What aa freakin nightmare. ❤

Hello everyone,

Well my daughter has had a cough and a low grade temp of 99.3 for 3 days now so she called the Dr and the Dr is sending her for a covid test. She has to wait until freaking Monday to get it! That's the next available in our area. This is absolutely unacceptable but it's out of my control. She said she feels ok but is tired. I'm praying it's not covid and hoping it's just a cold. Please God not my baby 🙏

Hi NJ,

Good to hear from you. Sounds like you're hanging in there. Be careful with cutting anything right now, very stressful times my friend so be gentle with yourself.

So the baby I'd be watching is my son's child. He's due in July and I'll be watching him full time in the early fall. If covid comes back and I agree with you I think it will too, my son and his wife are essential so they can't stay home. His wife is a medical assistant and he's in construction so they both have to work. I'm just screwed NJ but I'm trying to take it one day at a time and not project my mind into the future too much.

You take care of yourself, stay home and stay safe. ❤️

Stut,

You sound like you're a little frustrated with your job. Don't take shit, you're doing a wonderful heroic thing by helping out and you should be appreciated for that.

You take care tiny woman, love you much.

LST ❤️

Everybody,

I hope you're all hanging in there, thinking of you all.

Lots of love,

Trishy ❤️🙏

Hello everyone,

Well my daughter has had a cough and a low grade temp of 99.3 for 3 days now so she called the Dr and the Dr is sending her for a covid test. She has to wait until freaking Monday to get it! That's the next available in our area. This is absolutely unacceptable but it's out of my control. She said she feels ok but is tired. I'm praying it's not covid and hoping it's just a cold. Please God not my baby 🙏

Hi NJ,

Good to hear from you. Sounds like you're hanging in there. Be careful with cutting anything right now, very stressful times my friend so be gentle with yourself.

So the baby I'd be watching is my son's child. He's due in July and I'll be watching him full time in the early fall. If covid comes back and I agree with you I think it will too, my son and his wife are essential so they can't stay home. His wife is a medical assistant and he's in construction so they both have to work. I'm just screwed NJ but I'm trying to take it one day at a time and not project my mind into the future too much.

Stut,

You sound like you're a little frustrated with your job. Don't take shit, you're doing a wonderful heroic thing by helping out and you should be appreciated for that.

LST ❤️

Everybody,

Lots of love,

Trishy ❤️🙏

I will pray your daughter is okay, at least not Covid Trishy.  Is the test at least one they get results quickly or will there be a waiting period fo results.  Love you girlfriend, she may have light symptoms, so try not to worry too much.  I know, it's very hard.  MM.  :smitten: :smitten:

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Trish at least she is getting a test here you only get tested if you need hospital treatment.lt is an absolute crap system.Try not to worry honey a majority of people are recovering your daughter is young with no underlying health issues so she will be fine.She must rest as much as she can and take it as it comes.l hope you find a way to keep calm honey we will get through this.love you my lST X

Morning Suzy well l would say you dodged a bullet dropping out of nursing school 😕.l used to be like you my lovely however sometimes we need to change and l had to.l was always a grafter however l will not let anyone take the piss.lt really is something l had to practice and now it comes naturally.l can be very sensitive but to be honest not anywhere near as sensitive as l was in my youth.l believe we choose how we react and we can change if we work hard.Honestly if you want to help even the smallest things can make a difference getting a vulnerable person's shopping, sending tins to be food bank, just ringing someone to say how are you?.We don't have to do big things small things matter.love you.X

Morning NJ remember small cuts and long holds.l know you know that.l agree never a better time to cut so good luck.l will keep my fingers crossed.love to you.X

Morning Lady Mary awe Hen all good this end.l am a tad frustrated not for myself but for people that are not getting the treatment they need due to the virus and there isn't a damn thing l can do about it.There is no cancer screening,chemo has been stopped,heart problems are being ignored ,mental health treatment has ceased l could go on and on.Honestly the only people that are being treated are covid 19 patients.lt is absolutely scandalous.l am not surprised as the NHS couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery 😠. Anyway enough said.l really hope you start to improve honey and l hope my boys are doing good?l am working tomorrow so if l don't get on l will be back next week sometime.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Olive,GP, Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu Bill Stephen Final Intend Gilly Valley Free Val and everyone here sending my love.X

Morning twin,

I wish my daughter didn't have an underlying health condition but that's not the case, she has hyperaldosteronism. In short this condition causes high blood pressure. She developed it after her pregnancy and she's somewhat of an anomaly. Normally people develop this from an adrenal gland tumor but she does not have one. She has to take a boat load of meds to keep her BP in check. This is my main concern for her with possibly having this virus. As long as she tells me each day that she feels ok I'm ok.

Sadly Stut the same is going on here in this country with people not getting treated or put aside rather when it comes to heart disease and other prominent health conditions. It's all hands on deck for covid patients. I couldn't get my mammogram/ ultrasound which was due last month, all elective surgeries like colonoscopies have been put on hold. All office visits with any Dr is by telehealth. At least that's how it is in my State of Connecticut.

Anyway, you take care and keep safe.

Love you,

LST ❤️

Hello everyone,

Hi NJ,

Stut,

LST ❤️

Everybody,

Lots of love,

Trishy ❤️🙏

I will pray your daughter is okay, at least not Covid Trishy.  Is the test at least one they get results quickly or will there be a waiting period fo results.  Love you girlfriend, she may have light symptoms, so try not to worry too much.  I know, it's very hard.  MM.  :smitten: :smitten:

Morning Mary,

My daughter has to wait a few days for results so no it won't be a quick results test as far as we know. She does have an underlying health condition which is my main concern. She has a condition known as hyperaldosteronism. She developed this after her pregnancy. This is a condition that produces high blood pressure, it's usually caused by an adrenal gland tumor but she doesn't have one. They have no idea why this happened absent of a tumor but it did. She takes many meds to control her BP. This is my main concern with her and possibly having the virus. As long as she tells me each day that she's feeling ok, I will be ok. Haven't heard from her yet today but it's still early. We talk everyday so I will hear from her at some point.

I hope all is going well with you girlfriend. I found the busier I am the better. How about you are you keeping yourself busy or just hanging out with tv?

Rich and I kept busy yesterday doing some projects around the house. I find keeping busy helps me. Tv is also good too as a distraction right now.

Love you,

TT, trying 🙄🙏❤️

Hi,

Stopped taking Seroxat. I just can't handle it. It was making me feel so much worse. Unreal.

The only way to get out of this hellhole is to get off the benzo IMO.

First need to recover from this latest ordeal.

Hi Stut,

Omg, it sounds like madness. I cant even believe this is happening. Who would have ever imagi n.v ed something like this. I had to look up the word grafter! Lol. I bet you are the hardest worker there and caring too! I think I have toughened up since going through all this benzo crap. I do need more work. Talking to my mother again only br text. She seems ok. I apologized for the things I said. She can be so insulting she has done it my whole life then she can be so awesome too. Very confusing. I really didn't want to be fighting with her during a pandemic. Plus I felt terrible. Please stay safe! Love you Suzy

Hi tt,

I am sorry your daughter in law is sick. I hope its just a regular cold. If she is breathing ok I'm hoping that means she does t have it. Plus she is young. This is terrible. Keep staying busy. Buy some stuff online! Ly Suzy

Oh and how is everyone's hair looking! Mine is hideous! Lol 🤣🤣🙏

Hi tt,

I am sorry your daughter in law is sick. I hope its just a regular cold. If she is breathing ok I'm hoping that means she does t have it. Plus she is young. This is terrible. Keep staying busy. Buy some stuff online! Ly Suzy

Mine is officially clean again,  :laugh: :laugh:  I just got out of shower, so now I have to shake awhile  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:  Hey guess what I ordered, one of the long piece things that go with the enso and another sticky pad.  They were out for a long time, hopefully will be here in next 3 to 7 days.  Fingers crossed.  Glad you and mon are better.  You are right, during CV isn't a great time be mad at loved ones.  Very good move, you sweetie.  LY  :smitten: :smitten:

Haha, mine is clean too! Looks a little bland with no highlights. Oh well, I guess it gives our hair a chance to get healthy. I hope your new enso stuff shows up on ti me! Omg, that was crazy how long it took u to get it  :tickedoff:

I fell asleep. Alot of napping! Hope your eye is better. Mine are a little better today. Dam benzos!! ❤❤❤🌸🌻🌻

Hi tt,

Hi DD,

It's my daughter who is sick, her cough is much worse today but no fever. It comes and goes. Anyway Monday she'll be tested and she told me today that it'll take a couple days for results.

I just bought bubble bath, Yankee candle, lilac blossoms, my favorite candle scent for spring and summer. So I'm still shopping ;D

As for my hair I met my hairdresser at her salon last Saturday and she gave me Revlon root retouch powder. It was hilarious I met her 6ft away from the door with a mask on, she opened the door put a make up bag on the ledge of the salon window outside the door and the color. She then closed the door and I then walked up put the money in the make up bag took the color and left  :laugh: it looked like a drug deal going down  :laugh: :laugh:

Love ya girl,

TT ❤️

Ahhh just lost my post.  :tickedoff: I am sorry tt. It's a really good sign your daughter doesnt have a fever. Glad she us getting tested. Keep us posted. Thus is soo crazy and scary. I love Yanlee candle and bubble bath my favorites. That us so funny about thebgair colr! Ahaaa  :laugh: I was thi king the same thing. Feels like a drug deal. Vad enough we already feel like druggies with these benzos!! Unreal. What a life. Glad you are doing your hair and seem less anxious!! Stay safe ly dd ❤❤🙏

Troch I am sorry you are going through it. Good to get off the extra drug if you know it is causing you problems. Hang in there!

Trishy that 'drug' deal sounds hilarious! Suzy my hair is alright because it's long, and I get it dyed pink but she does it so I only have to get it every few months anyway, it always grows out ok. But I feel for everyone with short hair right now! The grow outs are real. Oh and Mary I'm with ya on the washing thing, I am definitely overdue for a shower right now  :laugh:

Love you guys.

Ahhh just lost my post.  :tickedoff: I am sorry tt. It's a really good sign your daughter doesnt have a fever. Glad she us getting tested. Keep us posted. Thus is soo crazy and scary. I love Yanlee candle and bubble bath my favorites. That us so funny about thebgair colr! Ahaaa  :laugh: I was thi king the same thing. Feels like a drug deal. Vad enough we already feel like druggies with these benzos!! Unreal. What a life. Glad you are doing your hair and seem less anxious!! Stay safe ly dd ❤❤🙏

Hey DD,

I hate when I lose my posts  :tickedoff:.. so my daughter managed to get her test moved up. She's going to New Haven in CT to get the test. We are not certain but she may find out today if she has it. She thinks this is the test that gives results in about 30 minutes. So fingers crossed. Her cough is wicked but still feels ok so fingers crossed and hands together🤞 🙏

I had a telehealth therapy this morning thank God, it was good to talk all this out with my therapist. These are strange scary times 😱 ❤️

Hi tt,

Oh I really hope she finds out tonight. I hope it's the quicker test. I'm praying it a cold. Keep us posted! Ly dd ❤❤🙏🙏

[2e...]