Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi ALL!  I hope you’re all doing ok during these trying times.  It’s been about a month I’ve been on here.  No reason in particular, I just kind of checked out on my recovery from here and coping with Covid.  It’s been officially 32 days we’ve been on stay at home here in L.A. and mandatory masks in public.  It has hit me a couple weeks ago. I’m emotional, sad and very angry.  I have done a few zoom meetings and a lot of twitter and Facebook.  Not the healthiest.  I realized that staying at home and masking up outside is vital but there is something different about being in bwd home isolation and a freaking pandemic where your essentially mandated to stay home to save lives.  It’s so surreal. 

I have a months worth of catching up but probably won’t be able to.  I miss you guys. 

Bwd sxs ok.  No big cuts.  I’ve gone down to 4.73 from 4.75.  It’s ok. 

Maggie my cat has advanced cancer.  Just found out two weeks ago when I took her in for dental work.  They found it.  It’s on her mouth.  Ugh.  Hmmm not much else just staying hunkered down at home. 

I’m gonna commit to get active again with you guys. Stay connected in tapering recovery. 

Love u all so much. Mwah! 

Meems.

Hi ALL!  I hope you’re all doing ok during these trying times.  It’s been about a month I’ve been on here.  No reason in particular, I just kind of checked out on my recovery from here and coping with Covid.  It’s been officially 32 days we’ve been on stay at home here in L.A. and mandatory masks in public.  It has hit me a couple weeks ago. I’m emotional, sad and very angry.  I have done a few zoom meetings and a lot of twitter and Facebook.  Not the healthiest.  I realized that staying at home and masking up outside is vital but there is something different about being in bwd home isolation and a freaking pandemic where your essentially mandated to stay home to save lives.  It’s so surreal. 

I have a months worth of catching up but probably won’t be able to.  I miss you guys. 

Bwd sxs ok.  No big cuts.  I’ve gone down to 4.73 from 4.75.  It’s ok. 

Maggie my cat has advanced cancer.  Just found out two weeks ago when I took her in for dental work.  They found it.  It’s on her mouth.  Ugh.  Hmmm not much else just staying hunkered down at home. 

I’m gonna commit to get active again with you guys. Stay connected in tapering recovery. 

Love u all so much. Mwah! 

Meems.

Oh Meems, I am so sorry about Maggie.  This is already such a tough time, that is just too much.  No wonder you are upset and mad.  Love on her as long as you can.  Love you Meems, hope your symptoms ease soon.  We missed you.  Mary 🌺🌺

Thanks, Mary.  How are you feeling?  I’m a little behind on everyone but I see from your signature you got to the end of you’re 5% cut and did you get some wd sxs that crept up? 

Luv

Meems

Thanks, Mary.  How are you feeling?  I’m a little behind on everyone but I see from your signature you got to the end of you’re 5% cut and did you get some wd sxs that crept up? 

Luv

Meems

11 days later the wd symptoms started, in a way this was an experiment, I wanted to pay attention to when wd started and how bad and how long they lasted.  Okay, so I know part of that now and know it wasn't the best way to taper  :laugh: :laugh:  So next time, I will do less and take longer  ;). And with Covid, Meems, it may be awhile, it's just too stressful with both.  I am so sorry about Maggie.  My last cat died of cancer too.  She was with me 19 years.  At the time, that was almost half my life.  I think of her all the time.  I have had plenty of dogs since then, but cats are different.  I hope you are being safe and your symptoms ease very soon.  Please keep me posted on Maggie.  LY  :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Mary, Meems and everyone,

Hope you guys are all doing well. I've become an absolute tv aholic :D I am now Iwatching the handmaid's tale 😁 I binge watched for 10 hrs on Sunday! I am doing so well in my new profession of couch potato  :D;)

I might make a cut at the end of the month but my therapist thinks I shouldn't even consider until June 🤷 end of April close enough to June so whatever we'll see.

Love you all,

TT, tubby tv watcher ❤️ 😂

Hey Mary, Meems and everyone,

Hope you guys are all doing well. I've become an absolute tv aholic :D I am now Iwatching the handmaid's tale 😁 I binge watched for 10 hrs on Sunday! I am doing so well in my new profession of couch potato  :D;)

I might make a cut at the end of the month but my therapist thinks I shouldn't even consider until June 🤷 end of April close enough to June so whatever we'll see.

Love you all,

TT, tubby tv watcher ❤️ 😂

Great job on the T's Too Many  ;D:laugh:  Don't cut, unless things are better, it is just too risky.  If we had government we could trust to look after us, that would be one thing, we just don't.  Far too risky our anxiety will go through the roof at least one more time.  June isn't that long to wait.  You do so well when you hold. And Rich maybe going back to work. That's alone is going to throw you for awhile.  You just binge watch awhile longer.  You know I love ya.  Hey , I watched a cute light hearted movie Saturday, that one where the Beatles never existed.  Very cute, and great music.  MM  :smitten: :smitten:

Trishy- TV watcher.  Aside from being absorbed with Twitter and Facebook which I am STOPPING (it just feeds into this) showtime has been free on my TV service provider here.  Maybe nationally too.  When “stay at home” when into effect there was a movie I watched called “five feet apart.”  If you haven’t seen it I highly recommend.  And have a box of kleenex.  A love story of two teens with cystic fibrosis and such a real time correlation of social distancing.  Then I watched “contagion”. Omg is all I have to say.  Then I watched a tear jerker called “ a dogs journey”.  Major box of Kleenex.  I texted a friend and said “why am I watching this?” I haven’t gotten into Netflix shows.  I do want to watch Tiger King since all the hype.  Also watching reality TV.  “Below Deck” and “Below Deck Sailing” are my favorites.  I have definitely stopped watching CNN and MSNBC. 

Mary - I guess we learn about this process and what works for us.  You are so smart and paying close attention to what’s going on.  I so badly want to be done with this shit.  This is the first time I’ve gone through a pet sickness and the reality of dying.  And not knowing when that will be.  Never was a cat person and rescued these two as kittens 14 years ago.  Ugh! 

Love 💕

Meems

Trishy- TV watcher.  Aside from being absorbed with Twitter and Facebook which I am STOPPING (it just feeds into this) showtime has been free on my TV service provider here.  Maybe nationally too.  When “stay at home” when into effect there was a movie I watched called “five feet apart.”  If you haven’t seen it I highly recommend.  And have a box of kleenex.  A love story of two teens with cystic fibrosis and such a real time correlation of social distancing.  Then I watched “contagion”. Omg is all I have to say.  Then I watched a tear jerker called “ a dogs journey”.  Major box of Kleenex.  I texted a friend and said “why am I watching this?” I haven’t gotten into Netflix shows.  I do want to watch Tiger King since all the hype.  Also watching reality TV.  “Below Deck” and “Below Deck Sailing” are my favorites.  I have definitely stopped watching CNN and MSNBC. 

Mary - I guess we learn about this process and what works for us.  You are so smart and paying close attention to what’s going on.  I so badly want to be done with this shit.  This is the first time I’ve gone through a pet sickness and the reality of dying.  And not knowing when that will be.  Never was a cat person and rescued these two as kittens 14 years ago.  Ugh! 

Love 💕

Meems

I have seen Contagion several times, don't watch that Trishy, really.  It hits way too close to home.  Great movie before  :)

DD, I see you lurking 👀 girlfriend.  Hope you are okay :D.  How are you wrestling with that roll of toilet paper Jim brought home, lol.  Hey, I would take it.  I wish I could get myself back to exercising, I just always end up in my more pain.  :tickedoff:    Hoping symptoms ease of soon for both of us.  Love ya girlfriend, MM  :smitten: :smitten:

Intend, I hope you are ok my friend, including Dan and Pepper.  I wish you would post so we know how you are.  Love you, Mary  :smitten: :smitten:

Ya Contagion is very intense!  If you’re freaked out about all this don’t watch it.  Like I said, OMG is all I have to say.  Oh I also got into “dance moms” (lol) on YouTube. 

Did anyone watch “one world together at home” on Saturday Night?

I go to bed too early but all they showed the next day, it looked 👍 great. :D

This was just the last song called “the prayer” with Celine Dion, Andrea Bocelli, John Legend and Lady Gaga and Lang Lang. Beautiful. 

Mary I LOVED that Beatles movie. Right up my alley!

Perfect and light hearted for these days, and loved the 🎶  :smitten:

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Sorry l haven't caught up on what's going on around here l haven't time to post today as l am working.I hope everyone is doing ok and staying safe.l will hopefully get on tomorrow however we are very short staffed so l will get on when l can.Just wanted you all to know l am thinking of you all and willing you on.

Lady Mary, Trish, Suzy,Val, Intend Gilly Valley Free Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu Bill Stephen Final Olive Troch Valley and everyone here sending you my love.X

Thanks for checking in Stut. Holpe work is going well and you are feeling ok. How are you liking work? I k ow it's a crazy time. You are an amazing g person for helping people in this crisis! Love you Suzy Stay Safe!!!

OLIVE KITTY!  Hi. How are you doing?

Hi Meems! Hi everyone! I am doing alright, just sheltering in place, it truly feels like Groundhog Day (Mary: hint) But I can't complain bc I am not feeling w/d. Just working from home, I take a trip to town about once a week. Tomorrow I go to the chiropractor, yay! My back is hurting so bad. Not from w/d, I have bad scoliosis and have basically laid around for the last 3.5 years.. I'm working on getting my core strength back up, it's hard after Benzo hell! Love you guys.

Olive Kitty - you sound great!  I hope you get some relief for you’re back.  I have a major lack of muscle and body strength from bwd.  Ugh!  It’s a beautiful day here in SoCal. 

Luv ya

Meems

Stut I know you are needed but please don't work yourself into a place you feel worse or get

too tired and make a mistake.  We need you healthy, all the people you help ,need you heathy.  begood lost Jasmine today , our hearts are broken.  I know hearing from you, with your Irish lilt and choice of words will help.  Miss you but know you are doing all you can to help the world.  Hope Trevor and the girls are keeping busy and happy, that your daughter and the lad are healthy, and auntie and sisters.  Love you so much, your Lady Mary x Hen.  Our King seems to no longer love us  :(:smitten: :smitten:  🐕🐶🌿🌿🌿🌿

Hello people! 😁 How's quarantine treating everyone? I'm still watching TV lots of TV  :D watched contagion today and 5 minutes into it I remembered I had already seen this movie. I'm thinking I saw it about the time it came out. So I re watched it and was amazed at how it really relates to what we're going through eerily so actually.

Rich goes back to work on May 4th. I'm worried about it but he can't stay out forever. He is considered essential which I think is crazy bc like I've said before the military has plenty of damn helicopters but whatever. So his work will be providing masks and we think temperature checks and we think testing might become available. The governor of CT spoke about that for defense workers so we'll see on that.

The news is reporting that the CDC is suggesting a far worse wave of covid in the fall/winter. I'll be honest this really worries me. I will be babysitting for my new grandson who is due in July and I will have him everyday starting in the fall. There is no way that I can " social distance" from a baby, that's impossible and I wouldn't want to. I will be loving him up. Babies need a lot of love and attention and he's my grandson, no granny can keep their hands off a grandchild. I adore my grandbabies and it's killing me that I can't give them hugs and kisses ☹️

On another note I'm dealing with lots of heart palps for many weeks now. I have no idea why other than stress. I have gained 20 lbs in the past two years and wonder if the extra lbs is contributing to that 🤷.. it's not like I'm obese but I'm carrying more than I'm comfortable with, a little bit of chub going on is all  :laugh: :laugh:

Oh and I was considering a cut at the end of the month bc I'm terrified that my Dr will get covid and die or he'll retire bc he's in his 60's and probably doesn't want to risk getting this. I'm concerned about that happening but trying not to obsess about it.

So that's my story what's yours? ( Everyone)  ;D

Stut, I hope you listen to Mary your hen. Don't go burning yourself out and make sure you get enough rest and eat well. Sending good thoughts up there for you and your family. Be well twinny we all love and care about you.

Love you,

LST ❤️

Love to all,

Trish ❤️

Hey Trishy, I have felt like warmed over crap today.  May go to bed around 7, even took my temperature.  It was 97, guess I am going to live  :). Yes, Contagion is so much like what is happening.  I swear it's almost prophetic.  Have Rich a sanitation station set up, works really well.

If he annoys you, lock him out naked.  ;D. Love ya girlfriend, be safe , MM.  :smitten: :smitten:

[6a...]