Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

:lost my post! I meant Stut, oops  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh

WE are spoiled! So so true. Back 150 yrs ago those poor ppl. No tv, phone I think, internet, healthcare was crap I'm sure. I dont know what I'm saying. Jim needs to shut up! My brain!

Hey Everyone on LHSG

So sorry I haven’t been around of late, life is so busy making sure the family have all that they need.

Glad to see most here are coping ok, I’m finding it hard keeping up with everyone and what’s going on in their lives, this thread moves so quickly and with the last cut I made I am just starting to feel horrible anxiety, tinnitus and terrible rage/anger. This is definitely a wave that I am riding and I don’t like it and would love to escape through a window.

We are fairing pretty well where I live and the numbers of coved are low and getting less every day, still find it hard to wrap my head around the fact that the whole planet is dealing with this.i feel for you folk in other parts of the world sometimes I just sit and cry watching the devastation this has caused its truly heartbreaking.

Not sure who,posted the YouTube of Paige Pradko but to that person I say Thankyou it was very helpful.

Anyway hoe everyone stays safe

Love n hugs

Gypsy :smitten:

Hello everyone,

How's everybody doing around here? I've just been slumming it. Kinda in a funk all week but still keeping as busy as I can each day.

Just popping in to say hello and hope you all are hanging in there on this new and strange planet of ours.

Twin,

I think of you everyday. Please keep safe while working, I know you will. I think work has been good for you, your sprits seem higher since you went back to help out. Might be something you want to keep doing in the long term 🤔

Love you tiny Irish one,

LST ❤️

Hey Mary,

How's the back doing? I hope you're pain is low or absent would be better. Thinking of you girlfriend.

Love you,

TT, 3 lbs less tubby this week  :D;D:laugh:

Trishy, where are you, girlfriend?  I am worried about you and scared someone in your family is sick.  Can you please post Trishy, doesn't have to be long.  Love you very much, MM. 🌺🌺

Trishy, where are you, girlfriend?  I am worried about you and scared someone in your family is sick.  Can you please post Trishy, doesn't have to be long.  Love you very much, MM. 🌺🌺

Oh Mary I'm so sorry. No one is sick. Look above you. I just posted to you. I've been slumming around all week just in a funk. All is good with me and Rich.

No worries my dear friend. How are you and Tim doing?

:mybuddy:❤️🙏

Hey Mary,

How's the back doing? I hope you're pain is low or absent would be better. Thinking of you girlfriend.

Love you,

There you are!!  I'm jealous, sitting here by myself so long, I just haven't found the discipline to diet yet, but I am eating more lower calorie foods but doubt that's enough to help.  Rich and everybody doing okay?    :smitten:

Hey Everyone on LHSG

So sorry I haven’t been around of late, life is so busy making sure the family have all that they need.

Glad to see most here are coping ok, I’m finding it hard keeping up with everyone and what’s going on in their lives, this thread moves so quickly and with the last cut I made I am just starting to feel horrible anxiety, tinnitus and terrible rage/anger. This is definitely a wave that I am riding and I don’t like it and would love to escape through a window.

We are fairing pretty well where I live and the numbers of coved are low and getting less every day, still find it hard to wrap my head around the fact that the whole planet is dealing with this.i feel for you folk in other parts of the world sometimes I just sit and cry watching the devastation this has caused its truly heartbreaking.

Not sure who,posted the YouTube of Paige Pradko but to that person I say Thankyou it was very helpful.

Love n hugs

Hey Gypsy!  Thanks for posting.  I know it's aggravating times, we all need some good news.  I am like you, I am going through wd from my last cut too.  I may take a long time before next one.  WD and Covid do not go together.  Come on anytime to vent if you need too.  Keeping a family safe right now is a full time job.  Be safe!!  LY  :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Mary,

Love you,

There you are!!  I'm jealous, sitting here by myself so long, I just haven't found the discipline to diet yet, but I am eating more lower calorie foods but doubt that's enough to help.  Rich and everybody doing okay?    :smitten:

Oh girlfriend it's been a struggle all week not to over eat. I like my comfort foods when I'm stressed and these are stressful times.

Rich and I are good knock wood. He goes back to work on May 4 th.

We are watching a lot of TV. We got Hulu today and we started watching harlots.. Lots of sex, you'd like it!  :laugh: :laugh: also watched tiger king on Netflix and are now watching little fires everywhere or something like that. So not doing much other than hanging around.

How's it going with Tim? Is your plan working out at home for him? Are you more comfortable with him working? ❤️❤️

Hey Mary,

Love you,

Oh girlfriend it's been a struggle all week not to over eat. I like my comfort foods when I'm stressed and these are stressful times.

We are watching a lot of TV. We got Hulu today and we started watching harlots.. Lots of sex, you'd like it!  :laugh: :laugh: also watched tiger king on Netflix and are now watching little fires everywhere or something like that. So not doing much other than hanging around.

How's it going with Tim? Is your plan working out at home for him? Are you more comfortable with him working? ❤️❤️

First and most important, did you like  Tiger King?  :laugh: :laugh:  If so, I will watch.  Damn, I don't have Hulu and if I get one more streaming channel, Tim may kill me  :D.

Oh the garage thing has worked great, but the other day, I forgot to unlock the garage door connected to utility room and Tim was naked, banging on the door.  It was pretty chilly too.  Kind of funny  ;D ;D.  Can't believe you are watching a show with sex  :laugh: :laugh:  Glad you and Rich are doing good.  MM.

Hey Mary,

Love you,

First and most important, did you like  Tiger King?  :laugh: :laugh:  If so, I will watch.  Damn, I don't have Hulu and if I get one more streaming channel, Tim may kill me  :D.

Oh the garage thing has worked great, but the other day, I forgot to unlock the garage door connected to utility room and Tim was naked, banging on the door.  It was pretty chilly too.  Kind of funny  ;D ;D.  Can't believe you are watching a show with sex  :laugh: :laugh:  Glad you and Rich are doing good.  MM.

Oh you have to watch tiger king. It's like a bad car wreck you just can't look away  :laugh: :laugh:

You locked poor Tim out naked?!  :2funny: :2funny: wish I was a fly on the wall for that!  :laugh:

Yes I know watching people having sex i on TV is not my thing but the whole time I kept thinking how much you would love it!  :2funny: :2funny:

Hey Mary,

Love you,

Oh you have to watch tiger king. It's like a bad car wreck you just can't look away  :laugh: :laugh:

You locked poor Tim out naked?!  :2funny: :2funny: wish I was a fly on the wall for that!  :laugh:

Yes I know watching people having sex i on TV is not my thing but the whole time I kept thinking how much you would love it!  :2funny: :2funny:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gp,intend,Vnm, DD, FH, NJ, memes, Espy, Bill, Troch, Free, hope you're all doing well. Thinking of everyone during this awful time in the world. Hope everyone is healthy and safe.

Love to all,

Trish ❤️

If I forgot anyone I'm so sorry, my brain is shot 😔

Hey Everyone on LHSG

Love n hugs

Hey Gypsy!  Thanks for posting.  I know it's aggravating times, we all need some good news.  I am like you, I am going through wd from my last cut too.  I may take a long time before next one.  WD and Covid do not go together.  Come on anytime to vent if you need too.  Keeping a family safe right now is a full time job.  Be safe!!  LY  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Mary

It’s very lonely going through this, I’m struggling with get it over and done with so my body can heal properly and slow down big time as the % of the cuts get higher the lower we go. So over the withdrawals. The backache is shocking and this morning was the first time I woke with anxiety, that has never happened before, I’m usually really good when I wake up, mind you I am up at about 4am, it’s taken me a long time since coming off the amitriptyline to train my body to sleep. I now sleep approximately 7 hours which is a blessing.

Trishy, I so get the overeating, been doing a bit of that myself lately and have put on a few kilos which really depresses me.

Been reading previous post trying to remember who is who here, haha not doing a very good job sorry. I can’t believe I have been a part of BB for 7 years and I’m still here. Oh well it’s def a marathon for me. Although I am getting very depressed about it taking so long.

Sorry to piss and moan so much but you are the only ones that really understand. I also think that I have been quite stable for such a long time and now that I am going down again I’d forgotten how bad the sx’s were when in them.

On a brighter note I have grandchild number 4 due in about 6 weeks, bit scary in covid times especially with a first child. As long as the birth goes ok they will send her home within 4 hours wow 😮 that blew me away, but they say you are safer in your own home. I’ve been isolating big time so if I’m needed then I can go to her house and stay for a few weeks.

Thanks for listening

Gypsy  :smitten:

Hey gypsy,

Bitch away here. That's what we're all here for. Lean on us. I'm sorry you're having a tough time. You know how it goes though, nothing about cutting and wd is linear. Each cut can be different sxs wise and waves and windows are always different in variation and duration. It's all insanity. But we are your people, we get it.

Congrats on the grandbaby! I'm getting another, my third, in July. A boy 💙 his name will be Nicholas. 🙂

Hey gypsy,

Bitch away here. That's what we're all here for. Lean on us. I'm sorry you're having a tough time. You know how it goes though, nothing about cutting and wd is linear. Each cut can be different sxs wise and waves and windows are always different in variation and duration. It's all insanity. But we are your people, we get it.

Congrats on the grandbaby! I'm getting another, my third, in July. A boy 💙 his name will be Nicholas. 🙂

Thanks Trishy

I keep telling myself ‘rinse and repeat’ I’ve done it a million times, although I must admit the brain does forget how bad it was last time 😂 until your doing it all again, so that’s a positive.

Congrats on your grandbaby boy, love the name, mine is also a boy calling him Reefe, I joked and told her to have a girl next call her Coral then she will have her own coral reefe 😂.

Anyway will definitely share when I climb through that window, you are so right no linear here, it’s been 14 weeks since my cut but that’s how my body rolls very slowly which is cruel really because each time I think Yes! no sx’s this time haha you think I would know the patterning by now, lol just a bit of wishful thinking hah.

Hey Everyone on LHSG

Love n hugs

Thanks Mary

It’s very lonely going through this, I’m struggling with get it over and done with so my body can heal properly and slow down big time as the % of the cuts get higher the lower we go. So over the withdrawals. The backache is shocking and this morning was the first time I woke with anxiety, that has never happened before, I’m usually really good when I wake up, mind you I am up at about 4am, it’s taken me a long time since coming off the amitriptyline to train my body to sleep. I now sleep approximately 7 hours which is a blessing.

Trishy, I so get the overeating, been doing a bit of that myself lately and have put on a few kilos which really depresses me.

Been reading previous post trying to remember who is who here, haha not doing a very good job sorry. I can’t believe I have been a part of BB for 7 years and I’m still here. Oh well it’s def a marathon for me. Although I am getting very depressed about it taking so long.

Sorry to piss and moan so much but you are the only ones that really understand. I also think that I have been quite stable for such a long time and now that I am going down again I’d forgotten how bad the sx’s were when in them.

On a brighter note I have grandchild number 4 due in about 6 weeks, bit scary in covid times especially with a first child. As long as the birth goes ok they will send her home within 4 hours wow 😮 that blew me away, but they say you are safer in your own home. I’ve been isolating big time so if I’m needed then I can go to her house and stay for a few weeks.

Thanks for listening

Congrats on the grand baby Gypsy, that's great.  It is amazing how shocked we are after feeling good or just decent, and then get hit with bad symptoms again.  I hate it.  Even though I know I am making some progress, I feel like I am back at step 1 every time it happens  :tickedoff:  I really hope you are feeling better when the baby comes.  Be safe and keep us posted.  :smitten:

Hey gypsy,

Thanks Trishy

I keep telling myself ‘rinse and repeat’ I’ve done it a million times, although I must admit the brain does forget how bad it was last time 😂 until your doing it all again, so that’s a positive.

Congrats on your grandbaby boy, love the name, mine is also a boy calling him Reefe, I joked and told her to have a girl next call her Coral then she will have her own coral reefe 😂.

Anyway will definitely share when I climb through that window, you are so right no linear here, it’s been 14 weeks since my cut but that’s how my body rolls very slowly which is cruel really because each time I think Yes! no sx’s this time haha you think I would know the patterning by now, lol just a bit of wishful thinking hah.

You're too funny! Coral! That's actually cute! Coral and Reefe 😁

I think you're right about the brain forgetting, we're all going to want to forget the terror of wd when we pass the finish line. I for one don't have the strength to taper right now with all that's going on. I think I will force a cut by June though. I can't let the year go by without any progress. As it is it's going to take me a looooong time to get out of benzo hell.

I remember last year I got slammed with horrific sxs 3 months after but it was all those cuts in months prior that caught up to me.. No fun! 😔

Hi everyone!

Everyone sounds a little better. As good as can be expected. Omg. What a freaking nightmare, sorry. Covid and bwd terrible. We could write a book! I'm calming down though, I'm adapting to the changes. What else can we do. Tim was naked! Ahaaaaa  :laugh: poor Tim! That is so funny. I am in no way cutting for a few months anyway. I just want to be off this drug so bad. I know everyone one does. We will get there. ❤❤❤🌸🌻🙏

Hi everyone!

Everyone sounds a little better. As good as can be expected. Omg. What a freaking nightmare, sorry. Covid and bwd terrible. We could write a book! I'm calming down though, I'm adapting to the changes. What else can we do. Tim was naked! Ahaaaaa  :laugh: poor Tim! That is so funny. I am in no way cutting for a few months anyway. I just want to be off this drug so bad. I know everyone one does. We will get there. ❤❤❤🌸🌻🙏

Yes, Tim was locked in garage naked, lol, lol.  The system works well though as long as I unlock the door  ;):laugh: :laugh:

Hey guys! I hope everyone is doing well in the long haul thread.

Well after what is 4months on 40 mg a day of diazepam tapered down from 60mg. I feel I'm ready to taper again.

I have checked and printed all of Prof Ashtons protocol thank god it's free. The taper she recommends is quite different to what I did I would cut 5mg and stabilise for 1 month then the same. Her taper feels very long 5-10% every time 1-2 weeks.

I feel that I could handle 5mg cut every month or a 25% cut monthly starting from 40mg until I get to 20mg I feel each taper plan should be provisional so it could be tailored or changed at any stage.

My body seems to tolerate cuts like that the first week is not nice but within 1 month I feel I can cut again

Has anyone got experience 25% or more rapid cuts a month?

Thank you for Any recommendations or advice in advance :)

Hey MMXV- good for you! 20mgs off that's fantastic! I have heard that at high doses it is easier to taper faster.. you may want to slow down when you get to around 10. I started at 20 and the first 10 were pretty easy but it got more difficult around 8mg. So just monitor your symptoms and adjust from there. Great job!

Hey everyone, I'm just checking in.. nothing much new here.. happy Sunday

Love yas

P: so sorry - definitely feel you. Praying next cycle at least has a reduction in severity for me.

Hang on, stupid hormones....

[c9...]