Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey Trishy, how are you girlfriend?  Hope all your family is okay.  My back is killing me, no more 1/2 mgs for me, 1/4 mgs at most.  I was really hoping I had snuck by this part of the wd but I was wrong.

Hope you and Rich have the best day you can tomorrow.  Love you Too Many!!  MM. 💝💘💖

Hey DD, hope you are okay .  Love you!!  MM. 💞💕❣️

GP, hoping those lungs are okay and you are feeling better.  Pets and love to Both doggies for Easter.

Love you!!    Mary. 💗💖💝

Final, hope your mood has improved and you have a good Easter .  LY, Mary 💖💕💝

Vali, would like to hear from you, just a short post to know you and your daughter are ok.  LY. Mary 

💕💕💝

Espy, don't drink all the shine, I still may need it to clean  :D;). LY, tell your husband thank you for all he does!!  💝💘💕

Love you all on LHSG  :smitten: :smitten:💞💕💖💘💝❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️💕💞💝💘💕❣️❣️

Hey girl,

I'm so sorry you are in pain. I feel so bad for you. You have been dealing with this for too long. I think you're right to adjust it to 1/4 mg maybe even less if it's going to help spare you from this pain.  :(

Rich and I are going to have the most pitiful Easter dinner tomorrow. I couldn't get a ham which is what we usually have at my sister's house so I got ham steaks 🙄.. I won't complain bc there are people who are hungry in this country so I'll just be grateful for what I have. I will miss my family tomorrow very much but it is what it is. We will drop off Easter baskets I made for my grandchildren but will not go inside their homes. That's the hardest part for me not being able to hug and kiss my grandbabies, I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

Hope you and Tim have a nice Easter and I certainly hope your dinner is better than mine  :laugh: :laugh:

Love you mmmmm's! ❤️🐰🐾🐾🐾🐣

Too many ❤️

Sending an Easter hug to my besties! Love to you all. Espy

Happy Easter Espy! Careful with the moonshine tomorrow 😉🐰🐾🐾🐣❤️

Hey Trishy, how are you girlfriend?  Hope all your family is okay.  My back is killing me, no more 1/2 mgs for me, 1/4 mgs at most.  I was really hoping I had snuck by this part of the wd but I was wrong.

Hope you and Rich have the best day you can tomorrow.  Love you Too Many!!  MM. 💝💘💖

GP, hoping those lungs are okay and you are feeling better.  Pets and love to Both doggies for Easter.

Love you!!    Mary. 💗💖💝

Vali, would like to hear from you, just a short post to know you and your daughter are ok.  LY. Mary 

💕💕💝

Espy, don't drink all the shine, I still may need it to clean  :D;). LY, tell your husband thank you for all he does!!  💝💘💕

Hey girl,

I'm so sorry you are in pain. I feel so bad for you. You have been dealing with this for too long. I think you're right to adjust it to 1/4 mg maybe even less if it's going to help spare you from this pain.  :(

Rich and I are going to have the most pitiful Easter dinner tomorrow. I couldn't get a ham which is what we usually have at my sister's house so I got ham steaks 🙄.. I won't complain bc there are people who are hungry in this country so I'll just be grateful for what I have. I will miss my family tomorrow very much but it is what it is. We will drop off Easter baskets I made for my grandchildren but will not go inside their homes. That's the hardest part for me not being able to hug and kiss my grandbabies, I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

Hope you and Tim have a nice Easter and I certainly hope your dinner is better than mine  :laugh: :laugh:

Too many ❤️

I think Tim and I are going to have grilled hamburgers , lol and zucchini cooked on the grill.

So, no our dinner won't be better, but when it's only 2 of you, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have a lot.  My pants are getting too tight Too Many, and that is annoying.  I have spent so much time keeping my weight on track and I really believe the Liquid Diazapam increased my appetite and then the CV making me anxious, it's hard not to eat.  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:  I know it will be hard to drop the baskets off, but those kids know you and Rich love them to pieces.  Do you skype with them?

Love ya , we have been together a long time :smitten: :smitten:

Love you!!    Mary. 💗💖💝

💕💕💝

Hey girl,

Too many ❤️

I think Tim and I are going to have grilled hamburgers , lol and zucchini cooked on the grill.

So, no our dinner won't be better, but when it's only 2 of you, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have a lot.  My pants are getting too tight Too Many, and that is annoying.  I have spent so much time keeping my weight on track and I really believe the Liquid Diazapam increased my appetite and then the CV making me anxious, it's hard not to eat.  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:  I know it will be hard to drop the baskets off, but those kids know you and Rich love them to pieces.  Do you skype with them?

Sounds good to me girlfriend, we had hamburgers tonight with chips but grilled zucchini sounds delish!

I hear ya about the weight. I haven't ever weighed what I weigh now and I baked a banana bread yesterday and I'm making apple crumb tomorrow  :D:laugh:.. I really gotta stop this love affair with food 😳 the covid stress isn't helping any here either. I had to order summer tops on line today bc I'm afraid last summers clothes won't fit 🤦‍♀️

We have been together a long time my friend. We're just two chubby peas in a pod with a feed bag and a bottle of benzos between us.  :laugh: :laugh:

Love you!

TT🐷

Happy Easter everyone! ✝️🐣🐇🐰 Hope you all enjoy the holiday. If you don't celebrate then I hope you enjoy your day.

Love to all,

Trish 🐰🐾🐾

Love you!!    Mary. 💗💖💝

💕💕💝

Hey girl,

Too many ❤️

Sounds good to me girlfriend, we had hamburgers tonight with chips but grilled zucchini sounds delish!

I hear ya about the weight. I haven't ever weighed what I weigh now and I baked a banana bread yesterday and I'm making apple crumb tomorrow  :D:laugh:.. I really gotta stop this love affair with food 😳 the covid stress isn't helping any here either. I had to order summer tops on line today bc I'm afraid last summers clothes won't fit 🤦‍♀️

We have been together a long time my friend. We're just two chubby peas in a pod with a feed bag and a bottle of benzos between us.  :laugh: :laugh:

Love you!

TT🐷

Lol, lol.    I can see us sitting there, 2 tubbies.  Love you , you have really helped me survive  :smitten: :smitten:  Tubby #2.  :D;D.      🍀🍀🐇🐇🐰🐰🐣🐣🍀🍀

Hi Everyone,

We just came back from a walk in Central Park and it was nice to be out.  We drove up, parked and walked in.  There were people oout, all keeping distance from each other. We were wearing our masks as were a majority of  people.  Though there were people, it was so much less crowded than it would be on a semi nice day like today. 

I'm still chipping away on my taper and have felt semi stable for the last week. 

Wishing everyone a good Sunday that is low on symptoms. 

Final

Hi Everyone,

We just came back from a walk in Central Park and it was nice to be out.  We drove up, parked and walked in.  There were people oout, all keeping distance from each other. We were wearing our masks as were a majority of  people.  Though there were people, it was so much less crowded than it would be on a semi nice day like today. 

I'm still chipping away on my taper and have felt semi stable for the last week. 

Final

Glad you had a nice day Final and it sounds like your symptoms are pretty stable.  Glad people were behaving  :D. LY, happy you posted  :smitten: :smitten:

Love you!!    Mary. 💗💖💝

💕💕💝

Hey girl,

Too many ❤️

Love you!

TT🐷

Lol, lol.    I can see us sitting there, 2 tubbies.  Love you , you have really helped me survive  :smitten: :smitten:  Tubby #2.  :D;D.      🍀🍀🐇🐇🐰🐰🐣🐣🍀🍀

Aww mmmmm's you've helped me too more times than I can count.  :mybuddy:  :)

Love ya girlfriend,

TT tubby#1  :laugh:😘

Hey everyone on LHSG, I just wanted to say I love you and miss you all, I hope everyone had the best day possible.  It's a struggle right now I know, but just a post to let us know you are okay would mean a lot.  Please reach out, we are here for every body.  LY, Mary . 🍀🍀🐰🐰🐰🍀🍀🐣🐣🐣

Hey Stut, my hero and Queen.  Hope your weekend with your daughter, brother, Daisy and Muffin, was nice.....think of you always.  When are you working this week?  Tim and I did okay, my symptoms are being rather nasty, but I will survive.  Having Tim call Steve now.  I spent an hour on the phone with my bil and nephew yesterday.  They are making it through, like all men, not being as safe as I would like.  My bil is 77 and in good shape.  He and my sister divorced after 30 years of marriage, but he will always be my bil.  Hope the pups are good and getting lots of love.  Love you my Queen. Safe is your Word!!  Your Lady Mary 🌿🌿🐣🐣🌿🌿🐰🐰🐰🌿🌿🌿🌿🐕🐶🐾🐾🐾.    💕💕💕❣️❣️❣️

Hi Everyone,

Final

Glad you had a nice day Final and it sounds like your symptoms are pretty stable.  Glad people were behaving  :D. LY, happy you posted  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Mary.  I do hope your symtoms ease up soon.  I have had some tight muscles myself and it's no fun.

Hey everyone on LHSG, I just wanted to say I love you and miss you all, I hope everyone had the best day possible.  It's a struggle right now I know, but just a post to let us know you are okay would mean a lot.  Please reach out, we are here for every body.  LY, Mary . 🍀🍀🐰🐰🐰🍀🍀🐣🐣🐣

Hey Stut, my hero and Queen.  Hope your weekend with your daughter, brother, Daisy and Muffin, was nice.....think of you always.  When are you working this week?  Tim and I did okay, my symptoms are being rather nasty, but I will survive.  Having Tim call Steve now.  I spent an hour on the phone with my bil and nephew yesterday.  They are making it through, like all men, not being as safe as I would like.  My bil is 77 and in good shape.  He and my sister divorced after 30 years of marriage, but he will always be my bil.  Hope the pups are good and getting lots of love.  Love you my Queen. Safe is your Word!!  Your Lady Mary 🌿🌿🐣🐣🌿🌿🐰🐰🐰🌿🌿🌿🌿🐕🐶🐾🐾🐾.    💕💕💕❣️❣️❣️

Morning my lady Mary awe Hen l think you are an amazing lady l wish l could ease your pain it really isn't fair but as we all know nothing is fair about any of this.l think sometimes nothing works and we just have to keep it as manageable as we can.l have the physical as well as the emotional and l must say they both suck.

I am glad your bil and nephew are keeping well they will be grand l think sometimes we can simplify this and still keep ourselves safe.l think the main things are hand washing and not touching the face.l have a hell of a habit of touching my face which l am now very aware off so l am being vigilant.I am working all day Wednesday, Friday and half day Thursday.My daughter will be away this afternoon and so far everyone is well.lt was beautiful here on Saturday the perfect day for the beach however it is not permitted so went out for a long walk and sat in the garden.I will get on tomorrow and l really hope my Steve is doing ok.l can imagine if the grandkids need a firm hand l am up to the task 😜. Give my boys a huge hug from me and when l get time and am allowed l will nip over there and take you and my twiny out for a roll 😱😕.Step away from the kitchen ladies 😘.

. love you my lady Mary HenX.

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Trish l hope you enjoyed your meal l know this is all very sad however we are trying to keep everyone safe and as much as we miss them we are helping by trying to get this under some sort of control.Sadly it will take longer than we would like but we know how that feels.l won't be buying anything new as l don't think the summer will be much different than it is now.lf l see a cheap top l will snap it up l like a bargain 😜.Try to enjoy your day my lovely and please try not to kill each other.love you my lST X

Morning Final you sound better than the last time you posted? You are doing well honey it takes a long time however you will get there.love to you and hubby.X

Morning Val how are you today l hope the withdrawal symptoms have eased a little?Stay strong honey.love you.X

Morning Suzy great to see you post my lovely.How are you?l hope you are doing ok pet.Love you.X

Morning Intend Gilly Valley Free Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu Bill Stephen GP Olive Troch and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hi Stut,

I am sorry your sx are bad. This sucks so bad. I cant figure oout hout how i feel. Its like you  Can't think and you feel like you're going to burst into tears. my left eye and the side of my face was killing me for a few days they feels okay today and I thought I had the coronavirus I really don't know what's wrong with my eye. Could be extra stress so maybe sinuses this whole thing is just so messed up. I'm typing on my crappy phone so everything's coming out kind of funny. Plus I just feel like my symptoms of just gone into like constant revved up since this virus so I'm just like blah. Please be safe and I love you Susie

From Grandma D

"

I'm still dealing with the same symptoms that I've had for a while. Have had some waves that were doozies and today I read this from Dr. Leigh - thank you Lord!

"What can we do to cope when a wave comes along? First, remind yourself that waves are a normal function of healing from a benzodiazepine. A wave doesn’t mean that you are getting “worse” or that you won’t ever heal. It doesn’t mean that God is punishing you, or that karma is catching up with you. It merely means that your nervous system isn’t yet healed and that healing is still taking place.

Next, we can engage in coping mechanisms that we know are effective in benzo withdrawal: distraction, distraction, distraction! Add a measure of acceptance and patience, and we can weather the waves with far less suffering. The best distraction activities are those that take your mind off of your symptoms. Usually, if you use your hands in an activity, your mind will follow. Learning a new skill is an excellent way to engage your mind—watch YouTube videos to learn how to play an instrument, draw, paint, knit, or try a new recipe even. Yoga, stretching, swimming, and gentle walking are also good ways to take your focus off of your symptoms. Word or math puzzles, brainteasers, sewing, knitting, are also good distractions. You may need to try a handful of activities until you find some that engage you enough to be considered a real distraction.

Acceptance goes a long way to helping us not worry about being in a wave. When we understand that our symptoms are from a hyper-excited nervous system and that they are not in and of themselves indicative of any dangerous illness, we are more able to relax and allow our nervous system the best chance to heal. Of course, if you are concerned about any symptoms, please seek medical attention. In this time of the pandemic, you may need to connect with a medical professional in a different way than you are used to, so please call ahead and find out their current protocol.

Patience is another good coping skill. Yes, benzo withdrawal can feel as if it will go on forever, but it won’t. Even if you are 100% sure that there is no evidence that you are healing, you are indeed healing. Healing takes place so quietly and in such tiny little increments that you often can’t see it until after it has arrived. But it is happening, nevertheless.""

Thanks mm,

I needed that! CV and all this cleaning I forgot how I was coping, praying this ends soon. Hope you are doing ok. Love you dd❤❤❤🌸🌻

Morning Trish l hope you enjoyed your meal l know this is all very sad however we are trying to keep everyone safe and as much as we miss them we are helping by trying to get this under some sort of control.Sadly it will take longer than we would like but we know how that feels.l won't be buying anything new as l don't think the summer will be much different than it is now.lf l see a cheap top l will snap it up l like a bargain 😜.Try to enjoy your day my lovely and please try not to kill each other.love you my lST X

Morning Final you sound better than the last time you posted? You are doing well honey it takes a long time however you will get there.love to you and hubby.X

Morning Val how are you today l hope the withdrawal symptoms have eased a little?Stay strong honey.love you.X

Morning Suzy great to see you post my lovely.How are you?l hope you are doing ok pet.Love you.X

Morning Intend Gilly Valley Free Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu Bill Stephen GP Olive Troch and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hey twin! Did I hear you say roll ?  ;D.. I'm ready come get us! 🍽️ :laugh: :laugh: I actually did ok today I didn't touch the left over apple crisp or the no bake peanut butter chocolate bars I made yesterday 🐷.. oh I really need to go on a diet and lose these extra lbs. 😔

I promise to not kill your brother in law if he will promise to stop clicking his thumb nail with his pointer finger 🤬 I'll tell ya he's lucky I'm easy going 🤥 :laugh: :laugh:

I hope you enjoyed your Easter. Did you have a feast or was it just like any other day? It really didn't feel like a holiday at all. This virus news has us all consumed however I try to limit my news these days for my own mental health.

You be careful at work or there will be two drones over your head! One spraying Lysol and the other pouring out handsanitizer over your head  ;D

Love you much,

LST ❤️

Hey Mary! How are you today girlfriend? I'm Sorry you're dealing with that damn back pain. Just don't let it get ahead of you. Do all the therapeutic things you do religiously. Even if you're not in much pain, treat the pain at the start before it can get the best of you.

So whose Grandma D? I like what she wrote and I screen shot it so I can read it when I need to.  :)

Crap day here today, high wind and down pours. Tomorrow is suppose to be nice so hope to get out in the yard for awhile. I planted marigold seeds in a pot last week. I might plant more tomorrow see if I get any flowers in a couple months  :D

Love ya,

TT tubs ❤️

Hey Mary! How are you today girlfriend? I'm Sorry you're dealing with that damn back pain. Just don't let it get ahead of you. Do all the therapeutic things you do religiously. Even if you're not in much pain, treat the pain at the start before it can get the best of you.

So whose Grandma D? I like what she wrote and I screen shot it so I can read it when I need to.  :)

Crap day here today, high wind and down pours. Tomorrow is suppose to be nice so hope to get out in the yard for awhile. I planted marigold seeds in a pot last week. I might plant more tomorrow see if I get any flowers in a couple months  :D

Love ya,

TT tubs ❤️

She is this super nice lady I found just reading around bb  :D. She has a husband that cooks like a chef  :D.  And I know I was in dumps all day, so I copied that , she just posted today.  I have got to get off my butt.  I did too much in the beginning and between that and wd, I had some rough days. 

Keep planting, I love to watch things grow and change.  So Stut is going to start rolling us  :laugh: :laugh:  Things are getting bad  ;).  Love ya girlfriend, MM.  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Stut,

I am sorry your sx are bad. This sucks so bad. I cant figure oout hout how i feel. Its like you  Can't think and you feel like you're going to burst into tears. my left eye and the side of my face was killing me for a few days they feels okay today and I thought I had the coronavirus I really don't know what's wrong with my eye. Could be extra stress so maybe sinuses this whole thing is just so messed up. I'm typing on my crappy phone so everything's coming out kind of funny. Plus I just feel like my symptoms of just gone into like constant revved up since this virus so I'm just like blah. Please be safe and I love you Susie

Morning Suzy sorry you are blah pet l haven't actually met too many people here that are feeling happy or positive and they are not in withdrawal so to have an increase in symptoms at this time would be absolutely normal.l have to say honey your eye symptoms appear to be muscular to me probably increased by stress.Try to find ways to decrease your anxiety honey we are living in bizarre times however you are at very low risk so try to keep this in perspective.Remember the numbers that will get this virus and survive are a lot higher than we will ever know.Even the death number is not accurate as covid 19 may not in a lot of people been the cause of death.Try to stay safe and keep it real sweetheart.Remember this too shall pass love you.X

Morning Trish honestly forgot it was Easter so nothing different.l would normally be away to the beach and people watching however we are not allowed to travel unless to work and to get our groceries so l just let it pass like everyday in the twilight zone.l am probably doing more exercise now than l was before the lockdown it keeps me sane and the puppers are living their best life 😳. Don't be wasting food beat it into you 😜.l won't be able to get over for a time so get as rounded as you can 😜.I hope you get outside today honey they say gardening etc is the best treatment for depression.love you my lST X

Morning lady Mary awe Hen l hope your mood has lifted my love.l know mine can go down quickly sadly l can never predict when that will happen.Get outside honey it always helps.l hope the pain eases as the time passes.loved Granny D's post says it all really.Give my boys a hug from me.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Val, Final Bill Miyu Nova Esperanza GP NJ, Intend Gilly Valley Meems Olive Troch and everyone here sending you my love.X

Just checking in. It's been a few days.

Like for so many, feeling a little down. Overwhelmed by just trying to get food in the house. My youngest is having a really hard time. He is very stressed about the college process ... he is a HS junior, did not take the SAT earlier due to his health issues, then all the ones he signed up for canceled, we were supposed to visit 8 colleges in last few weeks and visited none. He doesn't know how he is supposed to do all this senior year. Telling him that everyone is in the same boat isn't easing his anxiety. He also misses his girlfriend.

I just have a lot of general anxiety. My job is really concerning. I have almost nothing to do. I am afraid they are going to cut hours. I can't seem to just let this go and not think about it. And I need to just not think about it. We personally are actually in the best place financially we have been in for years in terms of having cash on hand (other son took a gap year this year, so the college tuition money we would have paid last year we are sitting on--I mean, we need it for college but if we had to use it to make up for lost income we would still be okay), but it's still just anxiety provoking. I know so many are in worse shape and can't even afford food or rent/mortgage. I don't even want to call my mom in the nursing home as what is there to say? She is bored, I am bored, it's ridiculous.

Didn't sleep well last night; feeling very nauseous today. Will likely try for a walk later as it is sunny here today after wild rain and wind yesterday. And I need to get back to meditating; I haven't for such a long time and it really does help me.

Hope everyone else is surviving quarantine and these crazy days.

Hi Stut! I forgot about Easter too! I feel a bit better today. I think your right about the muscle tension. I couldnt relax. I feel somewhat normal today. I did some 4 7 8 breathing last night with some dr. On utube. Omg, it helped so much.  No more news . Practicing self care. Actually, I am just going back to what I was doing pre cv. Though extra cleaning and the safety measures. I guess there no point in panicking, it makes you feel like shit and it doesnt help in anyway.  The only control we have is keeping ourselves safe. We will get through this. Ly Suzy

Becareful out there! 1❤❤🙏🌻🌸😻

Hi all,

Need your help :

It's not Wednesday yet, but I 'm back on here with an urgent question: does somebody in this group have experience with starting an SSRI while tapering off?  My shrink put me on Seroxat ( liquid Paxil) last week. Three days of 2 mgs, three days of 4 mgs etcetera. I crashed after day 6. Had a terrible night with lots of side effects. Called an emergency doctor, that came dressed in the Anti Corona outfit. She told me to go back to taking 2 mgs. I took 1 and stopped all together the next day. Took me all yesterday and today to recover from that ordeal. Today she told me to get back on it.

I would love to get rid of my health anxiety disorder,  but not by getting killed by Seroxat...

Anyone? 

Hi troch,

I am sorry you are feeling bad. There are some good therapists on utube that help with health anxiety. I think one is Paige pranco. She is so good. I will find the video and post it here.

[7d...]