Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Awe GP l am sorry you are still dealing with this cough l have a little exercise for you and l would suggest everyone here practice this exercise at least once a day.Now way back when Jesus was a child l worked as a respiratory nurse and there was an exercise that was advised and still is used today as covid is also a respiratory virus it will help to prevent complications.

Take a deep breath and hold for a count of 5 then breath out do this 5 times.Do it sitting on a chair.Now on the 6 th breath breathe in hold for 5 and when breathing out do a cough.Repeat breath in hold for 5 and cough on the out breath.Now if you can lay face down with a pillow to support your head and do slightly deeper breaths for 10 minutes.lf you can't tolerate your front lay on your side.Never your back as it restricts oxygen getting fully into the lungs.Do this regularly my lovely friends and it will help keep your lungs in tiptop shape.

. Morning Trish l hope you get out today honey l think a change of scenery is necessary to keep our mental health balanced.l must say l am enjoying the challenge of work but l haven't changed my mind about going back to nursing it really is a temporary thing.We are all playing our part by self isolating and that will get us through.As for the drones l thought it was bloody well raining 😱😜.l have asked for a underground bunker to work from so hopefully l can get about my work without any further sprays 😡.Petrol is still plentiful here and l also have noticed cheaper than it has been in years.We aren't permitted to drive unless to get groceries or to go to essential work.Try to enjoy your day my lovely get Rich to do the exercise l have posted it should help him.love you my lST X

Morning Lady Mary awe Hen don't you be respecting me l am just a dumbass with a skillset 😕.We as nurses are not trained for this we are all just doing what we can.As they said just when l thought l was out they pull me back in 😕😧😜.l am keeping safe my lovely l promise you l have taken a few bloods etc but that is very rare.Could you send me a picture of Tim's schedule when he returns home l just want to make sure he is doing it right 🤔😂😂😂. love you my lady Mary HenX.

Morning Suzy please let us know how you are honey.I miss you around here.love you.X

Morning Olive l think it is time to bin it 😉. Here's a thought put it on E bay you could make a fortune 😜.l am glad you were able to get out walking.l hope you are feeling ok honey as bored as you are.love you.X

Morning Val how are you honey? love you.X

MorningTroch  Esperanza Gilly NJ Meems Nova Miyu Bill Stephen Final Intend and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hey lady! You know you better be careful Mary is very controlling with her Lysol. I'm sure the whole of Ireland is well disinfected since she found out you were working. The US wants to know what happened to it's nation's stockpile of Lysol but I won't tell 🤥 where it is..( pssst it's in Texas) 🤫  :laugh: :laugh: seriously, please be super careful bc we kinda like you like a lot! 😉

Your long distance brother in law is going to kill us both. He is forgetting to wash his hands sometimes like after opening the mail 🤬.. he's so difficult to train. How do you train a man who thinks washing hands of only for after using the bathroom or loo where you live??  :tickedoff:.. His life is in danger at the moment but not from covid19  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Love you much! Be ever so careful pleeeeeeease 🙏❤️ LST 😘

Trishy, I hate to say it, but it is difficult to keep everything wiped and washed.  I would say if most are doing 80 to 90 %, are doing well.  Especially men.  Tim actually walked in yesterday and wiped off the AMAZON stuff, but it's taken weeks to get that sunk in.  So he does alittle better all the time.  So if Rich is just improving, give him lots of kudos.  :D. Men like to feel appreciated and telling them they are doing a good job, they try harder.  :).  Before I got married for the second time, I read a stack of books on men, really.  And I learned a lot.  Of course, Covid wasn't a topic  :(. Love you girl, All the stuff on Amazon now, is being held for hospitals and. I am afraid the noname stuff isn't strong enough, so I am just going to make the bleach and water if I can't find any.  I bet you can research and find out if Lysol expires.  Love ya Too Many, MM.  :smitten: :smitten:

I missed this post..🤷 :crazy:

Anyway, you have a point. Rich is trying and I've been so stressed that I'm screaming at him when he F 's up. We never fight, it's rare for me to scream at him. After almost 36 yrs of marriage, May 4 th,  we have found little to argue over. We get along really well but the stress of this is just getting to the both of us. We're both worried about eachother and our kids and grandkids. He's developed this nervous habit that's driving me crazy where he takes his pointer finger and flicks his thumb nail so it makes a clicking noise, honestly I just want to light my hair on fire every time he does it which is frequent 😵.. I know he can't help it he's a wreck like me. I think I have to find some patience for him. This is hard on everyone. I'll try to give him praise when he does the right thing.. Like giving a treat to a dog who just 💩 outside for the first time 🤣😂. Kidding aside I believe you're right and I'm going to make it a point of being more appreciative of his efforts.

Thanks girl ❤️😷

Tim does something like that too, but he has done it for years, and if you have a migraine, there is no way not to fuss, so after all these years, I just say Tim and give him the 👀, so he's use to it now.  :D

It is beyond annoying, I agree.  Tape his fingers  ;D:laugh:  then you don't have to say anything  :laugh:

Too funny! I do same thing I say " Rich" and give the look hahaha!!

Honestly, this is much to much togetherness. As much as I dont want him to go back to work I kinda can't wait lolol. I'm nervous about it and so is he but being with eachother around the clock day after day is a bit much. I love the guy with all my heart but dear lord he needs to get out!  :laugh: :laugh:

Where's the tape in this house? Now how to tape them.. Allow some fingers free maybe  🖐️🖖☝️🤞✌️ 🤙🤘😂😂

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Awe GP l am sorry you are still dealing with this cough l have a little exercise for you and l would suggest everyone here practice this exercise at least once a day.Now way back when Jesus was a child l worked as a respiratory nurse and there was an exercise that was advised and still is used today as covid is also a respiratory virus it will help to prevent complications.

Take a deep breath and hold for a count of 5 then breath out do this 5 times.Do it sitting on a chair.Now on the 6 th breath breathe in hold for 5 and when breathing out do a cough.Repeat breath in hold for 5 and cough on the out breath.Now if you can lay face down with a pillow to support your head and do slightly deeper breaths for 10 minutes.lf you can't tolerate your front lay on your side.Never your back as it restricts oxygen getting fully into the lungs.Do this regularly my lovely friends and it will help keep your lungs in tiptop shape.

. Morning Trish l hope you get out today honey l think a change of scenery is necessary to keep our mental health balanced.l must say l am enjoying the challenge of work but l haven't changed my mind about going back to nursing it really is a temporary thing.We are all playing our part by self isolating and that will get us through.As for the drones l thought it was bloody well raining 😱😜.l have asked for a underground bunker to work from so hopefully l can get about my work without any further sprays 😡.Petrol is still plentiful here and l also have noticed cheaper than it has been in years.We aren't permitted to drive unless to get groceries or to go to essential work.Try to enjoy your day my lovely get Rich to do the exercise l have posted it should help him.love you my lST X

Morning Lady Mary awe Hen don't you be respecting me l am just a dumbass with a skillset 😕.We as nurses are not trained for this we are all just doing what we can.As they said just when l thought l was out they pull me back in 😕😧😜.l am keeping safe my lovely l promise you l have taken a few bloods etc but that is very rare.Could you send me a picture of Tim's schedule when he returns home l just want to make sure he is doing it right 🤔😂😂😂. love you my lady Mary HenX.

Morning Suzy please let us know how you are honey.I miss you around here.love you.X

Morning Olive l think it is time to bin it 😉. Here's a thought put it on E bay you could make a fortune 😜.l am glad you were able to get out walking.l hope you are feeling ok honey as bored as you are.love you.X

Morning Val how are you honey? love you.X

MorningTroch  Esperanza Gilly NJ Meems Nova Miyu Bill Stephen Final Intend and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hey lady! You know you better be careful Mary is very controlling with her Lysol. I'm sure the whole of Ireland is well disinfected since she found out you were working. The US wants to know what happened to it's nation's stockpile of Lysol but I won't tell 🤥 where it is..( pssst it's in Texas) 🤫  :laugh: :laugh: seriously, please be super careful bc we kinda like you like a lot! 😉

Your long distance brother in law is going to kill us both. He is forgetting to wash his hands sometimes like after opening the mail 🤬.. he's so difficult to train. How do you train a man who thinks washing hands of only for after using the bathroom or loo where you live??  :tickedoff:.. His life is in danger at the moment but not from covid19  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Love you much! Be ever so careful pleeeeeeease 🙏❤️ LST 😘

Trishy, I hate to say it, but it is difficult to keep everything wiped and washed.  I would say if most are doing 80 to 90 %, are doing well.  Especially men.  Tim actually walked in yesterday and wiped off the AMAZON stuff, but it's taken weeks to get that sunk in.  So he does alittle better all the time.  So if Rich is just improving, give him lots of kudos.  :D. Men like to feel appreciated and telling them they are doing a good job, they try harder.  :).  Before I got married for the second time, I read a stack of books on men, really.  And I learned a lot.  Of course, Covid wasn't a topic  :(. Love you girl, All the stuff on Amazon now, is being held for hospitals and. I am afraid the noname stuff isn't strong enough, so I am just going to make the bleach and water if I can't find any.  I bet you can research and find out if Lysol expires.  Love ya Too Many, MM.  :smitten: :smitten:

I missed this post..🤷 :crazy:

Anyway, you have a point. Rich is trying and I've been so stressed that I'm screaming at him when he F 's up. We never fight, it's rare for me to scream at him. After almost 36 yrs of marriage, May 4 th,  we have found little to argue over. We get along really well but the stress of this is just getting to the both of us. We're both worried about eachother and our kids and grandkids. He's developed this nervous habit that's driving me crazy where he takes his pointer finger and flicks his thumb nail so it makes a clicking noise, honestly I just want to light my hair on fire every time he does it which is frequent 😵.. I know he can't help it he's a wreck like me. I think I have to find some patience for him. This is hard on everyone. I'll try to give him praise when he does the right thing.. Like giving a treat to a dog who just 💩 outside for the first time 🤣😂. Kidding aside I believe you're right and I'm going to make it a point of being more appreciative of his efforts.

Thanks girl ❤️😷

Tim does something like that too, but he has done it for years, and if you have a migraine, there is no way not to fuss, so after all these years, I just say Tim and give him the 👀, so he's use to it now.  :D

It is beyond annoying, I agree.  Tape his fingers  ;D:laugh:  then you don't have to say anything  :laugh:

Too funny! I do same thing I say " Rich" and give the look hahaha!!

Honestly, this is much to much togetherness. As much as I dont want him to go back to work I kinda can't wait lolol. I'm nervous about it and so is he but being with eachother around the clock day after day is a bit much. I love the guy with all my heart but dear lord he needs to get out!  :laugh: :laugh:

Where's the tape in this house? Now how to tape them.. Allow some fingers free maybe  🖐️🖖☝️🤞✌️ 🤙🤘😂😂

Make sure you tape the ones that make noise  :laugh:

Am I the only one who thought,”Damn, if the virus gets me, the last two terrible, miserable, hellacious years will have been for nothing!”?  Espy

I am watching Ozark, too. Really good! I have watched more tv in the past two years than in my entire life. Just glad I could do that. Distraction is survival! Espy

Am I the only one who thought,”Damn, if the virus gets me, the last two terrible, miserable, hellacious years will have been for nothing!”?  Espy

Hi Espy,

I was thinking will I make it off before the virus might get me 🙄.. All this taperering down, all the pain and suffering for what if that happens?? 😩

For now I'm just trying to survive 🤷

Yes I have thought this for sure... 3 years for me and now I am finally off and feeling a bit better.. but I'm trying not to think about that too much..

I am watching Ozark, too. Really good! I have watched more tv in the past two years than in my entire life. Just glad I could do that. Distraction is survival! Espy

It really is Espy.  I am so grateful when I find a good series to binge, it's like striking gold.  Loved Ozark, wish it had some more seasons  :laugh: :laugh:

If you want some suggestions, just let me know  ;).    And yes, I can't imagine ever having to leave Tim or him me at the hospital.  Not sure I would survive that either way.  Just read Challis's daughter is nurse in ICU :-[. If you would like to say anything, it's on Mentoring Those that Need Help.

Love you Cousin, right here , hope Tom is safe.  :smitten: :smitten:

Oh, no. How terrible. Will send message. I can’t stand to even think of dropping Tom off either. And I sure don’t want to be alone if it comes to that place. I would just want to be put on anything to knock me out. To hell with being drug free at that point. Love, Espy

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.Happy Easter to all here.

Morning Espy honestly haven't really thought about it.As hard as withdrawal has been l would do it again.l have a long way to go but at least l am doing what l believe to be right.l have no doubt that the virus is scary and there is a risk of death however it isn't a death sentence for most so we can only hope if we get it we will get through it.Just keep doing what you're doing honey and hopefully we will get through unscathed.love you.X

Morning Trish honestly being with anyone 24 /7 is a test for any relationship.l think l would have killed my daughter if we were stuck together day in day out.I am perfectly sure Rich feels exactly the same.I learned a long time ago that nagging doesn't work.My mum nagged and my dad dug his heels in deeper 😂.We all did l hate anyone nagging at me 😠. Don't be waving that tape around you and lady Mary could find it over your mouths 😂😂.Try to have a relaxing day honey.love you my lST X

Morning lady Mary well hen how is your back?ls it any easier?l hope so.l have worked 16 hours this week l am working around 20 next week.lt is all going good.The pups are delighted to see me such excitement muffin nearly sits on my knee and Daisy pushes in.That goes on most of the evening.l have my girl home tonight so another exciting weekend in lockdown ahead 😉.l wish l could go to the beach but sadly no.Awe well we will get through this.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Olive how's your back? Still sore?l hope you have a good weekend honey.love you.X

Morning Suzy,NJ,Free,Val,Troch,GP,Bill,Nova, Final, Miyu, Meems Stephen and everyone here sending you my love.X

Morning Espy honestly haven't really thought about it.As hard as withdrawal has been l would do it again.l have a long way to go but at least l am doing what l believe to be right.l have no doubt that the virus is scary and there is a risk of death however it isn't a death sentence for most so we can only hope if we get it we will get through it.Just keep doing what you're doing honey and hopefully we will get through unscathed.love you.X

Morning Trish honestly being with anyone 24 /7 is a test for any relationship.l think l would have killed my daughter if we were stuck together day in day out.I am perfectly sure Rich feels exactly the same.I learned a long time ago that nagging doesn't work.My mum nagged and my dad dug his heels in deeper 😂.We all did l hate anyone nagging at me 😠. Don't be waving that tape around you and lady Mary could find it over your mouths 😂😂.Try to have a relaxing day honey.love you my lST X

Morning lady Mary well hen how is your back?ls it any easier?l hope so.l have worked 16 hours this week l am working around 20 next week.lt is all going good.The pups are delighted to see me such excitement muffin nearly sits on my knee and Daisy pushes in.That goes on most of the evening.l have my girl home tonight so another exciting weekend in lockdown ahead 😉.l wish l could go to the beach but sadly no.Awe well we will get through this.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Olive how's your back? Still sore?l hope you have a good weekend honey.love you.X

Morning Suzy,NJ,Free,Val,Troch,GP,Bill,Nova, Final, Miyu, Meems Stephen and everyone here sending you my love.X

No my back is getting a little worse it's 24 days since end of last taper, so I keep hoping it won't keep getting worse.  I would love to see Muffin and Daisy greeting you.  Fighting for your lap, giving you a reason to smile and laugh with your brother.    Please be careful at work.  Have a good Easter as possible, glad your daughter will be there, love you!!  🐥🐥🐕🐶🐾🐾. ❤️❤️❤️

Hi Stut, Doing good. Becareful at work.  Didn't know know you were working. Just the same. Walking cleaning. Bla blah blah. Have a great aEaster!

Hi Stut, Doing good. Becareful at work.  Didn't know know you were working. Just the same. Walking cleaning. Bla blah blah. Have a great aEaster!

Hey you, how are you?  Stut is working part time as a triage nurse, not suppose to have a lot of contact with people, but I am not sure that is working out, so I am worried about her, can't help it.

That's how I feel, and blah blah blah, lol.  Then I usually have an hour or 2 when I get a little more anxious.  :(. Sanjay Gupta was showing how to make the bandana masks this morning on CNN, it was kind of funny, all the commentators were going "wow, that's so easy, I can so that", just like we did when we read it.  :D. You and Jim doing any better?  Sorry your mom got on your nerves so bad. :(. I really really wish we weren't wd while we are trying to survive Covid.  We were already anxious, this makes it very hard .  I hope you are okay DD.  Love you girlfriend, try to have best Easter you can.

🍀🌺🌿🌷☘️🌹🌱🌸🍃🎀🎀🎀🐣

Happy Easter Stut,

I hope you enjoy the weekend with your girl. I'm sure you're choking on Lysol right about now with Mary after you so I'll make you a mask just for that and some new fashionable tin foil hats to block the drone radar. I will have you looking fabulous and stylish my twin. Tin is in and masks are all the rage in 2020  :D:laugh: :laugh:

Love you, be careful working 🙏🐰❤️ 🐣

Happy Easter weekend LHSG'ers! Wishing you all a very blessed Easter or Passover or just a happy, healthy weekend if you don't celebrate.

Love to all, 🐰🐣🙏❤️

Hi mm,

This is crazy being 8n wd like this. Omg, it's like what are sx and what is cv fear. Half the time I'm not sure how I feel. Most tense. I'm glad Stut is working, how can she do that in wd. I worry too. I hope she stays safe. The bandannas are easy. I need to get some. I hardly go out at all. To scared. Hope this ends soon. Going nuts. Ly dd

Happy Easter Stut,

I hope you enjoy the weekend with your girl. I'm sure you're choking on Lysol right about now with Mary after you so I'll make you a mask just for that and some new fashionable tin foil hats to block the drone radar. I will have you looking fabulous and stylish my twin. Tin is in and masks are all the rage in 2020  :D:laugh: :laugh:

Love you, be careful working 🙏🐰❤️ 🐣

I forgot the tin hat, and yes, a perfect addition is the mask 😷  :laugh: :laugh:

I did find lysol! Ingot it at the Dollar tree. One bottle left.It's small, I just pur some in a spray bottle and top it off with water! What a score! Ahaaa 🤣🤣🙏🤯

Stutt dear, I'm suffering that of all the possible times you chose this one to go back to work. I'm sure there are reasons and I respect them. I'll be praying for you and your daughter and muffins and daisy.

I'm really depressed so I'll just say hi to everyone and I'll post when there's a strain of optimism in me.

GP I've been coughing for three months. It's AGONY. I'm trying some home remedies as a doctor appointment is not possible now. If they work I'll let you know. It's too soon to tell.

I did find lysol! Ingot it at the Dollar tree. One bottle left.It's small, I just pur some in a spray bottle and top it off with water! What a score! Ahaaa 🤣🤣🙏🤯

Wow!!    :laugh:  Good for you !!  :smitten: :smitten: 

Hello everyone

I don’t think I’ve posted since the Covid apocalypse began.  I imagine it’s been very stressful for most of us, especially those on the east coast which seems to be hard hit.  My prayers are with you all.

I continue to do pretty well on my taper.  As I’m getting lower, it seems like I’m more sensitive to the rate, but even so the symptoms are minor and I seem to recover pretty fast so I can’t complain too much.

We feel very fortunate, we had gone on a cruise to Mexico and returned March 7.  No covid on our ship and we are fine.  Now they’ve shut down all cruises so we got the last one!

The quarantine has been a new experience for us.  We’ve been blessed since we can all work from home, and have always had enough of the essentials.  It is a challenge to buy anything new at the grocery store though.  Quarantine is getting old though, we’re a little tired of each other and we miss “places”

This covid thing makes it even harder to taper.  I can’t imagine being sick with it and having withdrawal.  Just keep moving forward.  I look at the pandemic just like withdrawal symptoms:  this will pass and good times will be again

Hang in there

Bill

Hello everyone

I don’t think I’ve posted since the Covid apocalypse began.  I imagine it’s been very stressful for most of us, especially those on the east coast which seems to be hard hit.  My prayers are with you all.

I continue to do pretty well on my taper.  As I’m getting lower, it seems like I’m more sensitive to the rate, but even so the symptoms are minor and I seem to recover pretty fast so I can’t complain too much.

We feel very fortunate, we had gone on a cruise to Mexico and returned March 7.  No covid on our ship and we are fine.  Now they’ve shut down all cruises so we got the last one!

The quarantine has been a new experience for us.  We’ve been blessed since we can all work from home, and have always had enough of the essentials.  It is a challenge to buy anything new at the grocery store though.  Quarantine is getting old though, we’re a little tired of each other and we miss “places”

This covid thing makes it even harder to taper.  I can’t imagine being sick with it and having withdrawal.  Just keep moving forward.  I look at the pandemic just like withdrawal symptoms:  this will pass and good times will be again

Hang in there

Bill

It's really to good to hear from you Bill.  Glad to hear you are doing so well.  Please keep safe and keep us posted.  Have beat Easter you can if you celebrate it.  LY, Mary  :smitten: :smitten:

Hello everyone

Hang in there

Bill

Hello Bill,

It's so good to hear from you. I was just thinking about you and poof just like magic there's a post from you. You must have picked up on my thoughts telepathically  :D

So seems as though you're doing ok in the midst of the covid19 nightmare. It's quite unbelievable isn't it? I never could have imagined such a thing.

It's great that you're still tapering I am too afraid to make a move Just yet. Too much stress for me to consider it at the moment. Sounds like you have good control over your taper, good for you Bill that's great!  :thumbsup:

You stay healthy and don't be a stranger around here. Happy Easter to you and your family.

Be well,

Trishy

Hey Trishy, how are you girlfriend?  Hope all your family is okay.  My back is killing me, no more 1/2 mgs for me, 1/4 mgs at most.  I was really hoping I had snuck by this part of the wd but I was wrong.

Hope you and Rich have the best day you can tomorrow.  Love you Too Many!!  MM. 💝💘💖

Hey DD, hope you are okay .  Love you!!  MM. 💞💕❣️

GP, hoping those lungs are okay and you are feeling better.  Pets and love to Both doggies for Easter.

Love you!!    Mary. 💗💖💝

Final, hope your mood has improved and you have a good Easter .  LY, Mary 💖💕💝

Vali, would like to hear from you, just a short post to know you and your daughter are ok.  LY. Mary 

💕💕💝

Espy, don't drink all the shine, I still may need it to clean  :D;). LY, tell your husband thank you for all he does!!  💝💘💕

Love you all on LHSG  :smitten: :smitten:💞💕💖💘💝❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️💕💞💝💘💕❣️❣️

[b9...]