Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Making a separate post because this is a separate thought that came to me last night. Do you think that adding the alcohol I need to dissolve the L could cause the uptick in symptoms? I take 3ml 3 times/day. Other than that, I cannot remember the last time I had any kind of alcohol. Maybe it was half glass of wine at somebody's house nearly 10 years ago. Alcohol makes me really sleepy, so I don't generally have a drink even if everybody else is.

Gard

Gard my thoughts are that the alcohol shouldn't cause an uptick in your sxs unless there's something you're not telling us. You can be honest. Are you making your solution with only vodka? Lol.  :laugh:

Vodka, water, and LIBRIUM! Bleh. :sick:

Guess the reason I wondered is everybody says don't touch alcohol while tapering.

I don't think it would cause anything with such a minute amount. Is PG an option. That's what I use.  :)--V

Making a separate post because this is a separate thought that came to me last night. Do you think that adding the alcohol I need to dissolve the L could cause the uptick in symptoms? I take 3ml 3 times/day. Other than that, I cannot remember the last time I had any kind of alcohol. Maybe it was half glass of wine at somebody's house nearly 10 years ago. Alcohol makes me really sleepy, so I don't generally have a drink even if everybody else is.

Gard

Gard my thoughts are that the alcohol shouldn't cause an uptick in your sxs unless there's something you're not telling us. You can be honest. Are you making your solution with only vodka? Lol.  :laugh:

Guess the reason I wondered is everybody says don't touch alcohol while tapering.

I don't think it would cause anything with such a minute amount. Is PG an option. That's what I use.  :)--V

Isn't vodka way less expensive than PG? I'm on a fixed income. My family helps me get by so I don't want to waste a penny.

I am so clueless I don't know what a "minute amount" of alcohol is. I don't even like it. If I told you where I live you would pass out from shock. If my neighbors knew I don't drink, they would pass out, too, but from being drunk. ;):laugh:

Gard

Isn't vodka way less expensive than PG? I'm on a fixed income. My family helps me get by so I don't want to waste a penny.

I am so clueless I don't know what a "minute amount" of alcohol is. I don't even like it. If I told you where I live you would pass out from shock. If my neighbors knew I don't drink, they would pass out, too, but from being drunk. ;):laugh:

I'm not sure if it's cheaper or not. I get a gallon of PG from Amazon for pretty cheap.  :)--V

Gard

I'm not sure if it's cheaper or not. I get a gallon of PG from Amazon for pretty cheap.  :)--V

I'll check that out. Didn't know it came by the gallon!

I have been investigating these muscle twitches more and they are not fasciculations. They are myoclonic jerks. One jerk here. Another jerk there. Pauses (brief) in between.

Well, at least I know what they are. I guess I should ask about them out in the wild, wild west (main forum) but I kind of avoid that place. Stresses me out.

Gard

Yesterday I was out and about socializing all day and evening. Felt like my old self ( except for the neck of course, and sleep is not so good. But I know I can't have it all!)

But truly Amazing how good I feel...... Just saying...thank you, and grateful! :).

Just validating the long hold once more.

I hope everyone is getting better and better.

GARDENER, I've been following your conversation with V.  I hope you get your solution figured out. Hope you are feeling better. HOPE those twitches have begun to subside?

MIYU, hope your dose change has not brought you any more strugglers and that you continue to feel better.  Even if it is not very detectable now, I hope those wdfx will, slowly but surely, begin to subside.

Heath  :smitten::thumbsup:

Yesterday I was out and about socializing all day and evening. Felt like my old self ( except for the neck of course, and sleep is not so good. But I know I can't have it all!)

But truly Amazing how good I feel...... Just saying...thank you, and grateful! :).

GARDENER, I've been following your conversation with V.  I hope you get your solution figured out. Hope you are feeling better. HOPE those twitches have begun to subside?

MIYU, hope your dose change has not brought you any more strugglers and that you continue to feel better.  Even if it is not very detectable now, I hope those wdfx will, slowly but surely, begin to subside.

That's awesome Heath!  :thumbsup:

Hey Heath!

I'll chime in too.  I awoke today feeling absolutely terrific.  100%.  No nothing.  Even the T is gone, gone, gone!  I don't know what tomorrow will bring but this is a very good sign of the future w/o benzo's.  For all of us!

So happy for you! :thumbsup: 

Hey Heath!

I'll chime in too.  I awoke today feeling absolutely terrific.  100%.  No nothing.  Even the T is gone, gone, gone!  I don't know what tomorrow will bring but this is a very good sign of the future w/o benzo's.  For all of us!

The good news keeps on coming! Glad you're doing well lynn! :thumbsup:

Hey Heath!

Lynn such wonderful news, a portal of what it feels like to feel [glow=red,2,300]"GOOD"[/glow] This has made a good day better, Oh Happy days are here. :thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup:

Thanks V! It truly is awesome. I never thought I'd see this happen!

Heath  :clap: :clap: :clap::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I did Heath, because you made a wise decision to not rush and allow your Brain to catch up. Now Valley, maybe Heath could help that buddie.......Heath it will just get better and better. Hold on to your beliefs and never doubt..... :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks V! It truly is awesome. I never thought I'd see this happen!

Heath  :clap: :clap: :clap::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I did Heath, because you made a wise decision to not rush and allow your Brain to catch up. Now Valley, maybe Heath could help that buddie.......Heath it will just get better and better. Hold on to your beliefs and never doubt..... :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

It would be nice if someone could help her BG. I went back and read what I posted to her and thought it was pretty convincing but I guess I was wrong.  :)--V

YAY for Heath and Lynn!!!!! SO happy for you both. And waiting for others including myself to report the same things!  :)  I actually did feel better today, too--it was a day without torture and maybe my body is getting used to the valium cross over.  I was just about to give up on the cross over.

I'm so glad to hear about your improvement, Heath!  :D

The twitching was not as bad this morning as it was yesterday, but still kept me from sleeping as long as usual. Hopefully it will be just one of those things that comes and goes. I'm glad it is a "normal" w/d symptom. Gosh the list of them seems to be endless. >:(

Some day, this will all be just a memory for all of us turtles. :thumbsup:

Gard :smitten:

Hey Heath!

I'll chime in too. I awoke today feeling absolutely terrific.  100%.  No nothing.  Even the T is gone, gone, gone!  I don't know what tomorrow will bring but this is a very good sign of the future w/o benzo's.  For all of us!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Really happy for you guys who are feeling great! That's very encouraging!  :smitten:

I am ok, certainly no worse than before I made my updose error, thus far anyway. I think it's going to be fine.

I am feeling a bit disheartened though, as I don't like holding at this dose. I know there are folks on much higher doses, and some much lower, it's just that I don't feel well on the drug at all. I have never really felt well on benzos . They were kind of a bandaid for my steroid nightmare, but I never liked how they made me feel.

I just wish I could cut back faster like you did Heath, and Valley too when you started out. How long were you both on V for if you don't mind my asking?

I know I'm holding to try to stabilize , but I don't think I will ever feel ' well' taking this much V , for me anyway.

I'm going to keep holding anyway , cutting right now is definitely not an option ,

I feel that would be a big mistake.

But I do get concerned that , because the drug makes me feel unwell ( I always feel horrible about 2 hours after taking a dose . Too sedated , burning gets  revved up . ) that I won't feel any better until I'm at a lower dose. And if I am this slow to start out , it's going to take me forever to feel better, that's my fear . Of course I don't know this for a fact, who can say ' fact' with any of this process!

Anyway , that's my subjectivity for the day. I know I'll get there in the end, but such a long process and I've been ill for two years now and mostly housebound .

Hugs to everyone

:smitten: MiYu

Really happy for you guys who are feeling great! That's very encouraging!  :smitten:

I am ok, certainly no worse than before I made my updose error, thus far anyway. I think it's going to be fine.

I am feeling a bit disheartened though, as I don't like holding at this dose. I know there are folks on much higher doses, and some much lower, it's just that I don't feel well on the drug at all. I have never really felt well on benzos . They were kind of a bandaid for my steroid nightmare, but I never liked how they made me feel.

I just wish I could cut back faster like you did Heath, and Valley too when you started out. How long were you both on V for if you don't mind my asking?

I know I'm holding to try to stabilize , but I don't think I will ever feel ' well' taking this much V , for me anyway.

I'm going to keep holding anyway , cutting right now is definitely not an option ,

I feel that would be a big mistake.

But I do get concerned that , because the drug makes me feel unwell ( I always feel horrible about 2 hours after taking a dose . Too sedated , burning gets  revved up . ) that I won't feel any better until I'm at a lower dose. And if I am this slow to start out , it's going to take me forever to feel better, that's my fear . Of course I don't know this for a fact, who can say ' fact' with any of this process!

Anyway , that's my subjectivity for the day. I know I'll get there in the end, but such a long process and I've been ill for two years now and mostly housebound .

Hugs to everyone

:smitten: MiYu

Hi MiYu. I was on for 4 years using V as a muscle relaxant. I did cut rapidly in the beginning and was fine until the last cut which was very shocking as sxs kept ramping up and I kept waiting to stabilize. If I had to do it again, I would updose when sxs continue to escalate beyond my lag time. I would be further ahead if I had done that I think. Before I started the taper I had all the signs of tolerance but didn't recognise them. I spent thousands of dollars on hospital visits for seizure like jerking, spinal, neck and joint pain, adrenal shut down etc. I connected the dots right before I started to taper when I FINALLY read the insert from the V scrip and did online research. I knew I was in the hole and started to taper thinking I would be off in 6 months. I think many of us learn the hard way that quicker isn't better and our brains don't follow a calendar date lol.

I know you're not feeling well, but it will pass IMO. I actually spent the whole day working in the schools and felt fine today and I'm still reducing. The long hold saved my life. I really don't care how long it will take to get off now as long as I can be functional. You'll get there! :)--V

Lynn and Heath,

I am so happy for both of you!! This is wonderful news!!

Anne

Hi, Anne. Happy weekend! Get some rest, girl!

Gard :smitten:

Hi Gard,

Thanks so much.  It has been a busy few weeks, and I do plan on resting this weekend.  Maybe some house cleaning, but that will be it.  I can't think about things too much, because then I will end up doing too much--there is always something that has to be done.  I hope the twitches are improving.  Honestly, it seems when we think we are getting better something else pops up out of the blue. 

Enjoy the evening!!

((HUGS))  Anne  xoxox

[39...]