Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey Mary,

How are you doing girl? How's the work situation for Tim?

I did some cleaning this morning and then finished reading my book. It's a gray day here.

I think you asked where I was yesterday? I went for a long ride with Rich and then mostly sat outside reading pretty much the whole afternoon. The weather was beautiful, high 60's. Things are really starting to bloom here. My weeping cherry willow tree in front yard is blooming pretty pink flowers. The forsynthia are in bloom. I'm looking forward to warmer weather. I need some good bright sunny days.

Ly,

TT ❤️

Oh, that sounds nice Trishy.  I have always wanted to visit D.C. during Cherry Blossom season, still hope to get to do that one day.  It was 92 here today, but I think the rest of the week is going to be rainy and ugly.  Tim is doing okay at work.  They have a lot of instructions they have to follow, no one can walk into anyone else's office, have to call each other, have to clean their area, and keep masks and gloves on.  Tim has moved out into the garage where the work is done, so since he does it, is almost always alone.  Then he comes in through the garage, puts his shoes on the rack, strips to underwear, put clothes in washing machine and across the hall to his shower.  Let's hope it's working.

But it's lonely here, I wish his days weren't so long  :(.  Hope Rich is good and the rest of the family is safe.  Love ya girlfriend!  You saw our Stut is working a few days a week.  I have threatened her with the drone if everyone not following all the rules.  It's nice her brother can keep the pups.  He loves them and they love him, so that works out well.  Please take care of yourself too many, MM  :smitten: :smitten:    🍀☘️🌼🍀☘️🌻☘️🍀🌷☘️🍀🌹☘️💚🍀🌸

Hey sorry I stepped away to make dinner.. Actually the crock pot made a lovely beef stew for Rich and I. Also made a few bisquick bisquits to go with it, yum! The Trishy trunk is already complaining about the extra calories but I just ignore :laugh: :laugh:

I'm glad it seems to be working out at work for Tim. I think if he just follows the rules he'll be safe. I will be dealing with this myself in a few weeks. We're still trying to work a plan for Rich.

Noooooo I didn't know Stut was working 😳.. that's a bit worrisome! She better watch her little Irish buns! She's always been the more stubborn twin 😉 Honestly, that woman will just do what she will do. I guess we should be proud of her, she's got a big ol irish/ british heart. Gotta love her..

Hey Gp! What's up lady? How are you doing?

Love you guys❤️❤️

Stut is a born caregiver. That will never change.  I advised that if anyone at work isn't following rules, drone will squirt her with Lysol.  ;)

Hi Trishy.  I’m on strike.  No dinner tonight.  Been feeling cruddy all day.  Beef stew and biscuits.  That sounds good.

Stut is a born caregiver. That will never change.  I advised that if anyone at work isn't following rules, drone will squirt her with Lysol.  ;)

That's is you can find any to fuel the drone with  :laugh: :laugh:

Hi Trishy.  I’m on strike.  No dinner tonight.  Been feeling cruddy all day.  Beef stew and biscuits.  That sounds good.

Oh no Gp what's going on? Is it your stomach, are you feeling nauseous? You're really on strike as in not working bc of a strike? It's that why you're feeling cruddy? I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. ☹️

Shhhh, don't say that, the pressure on Stut to follow rules will lessen.  Truthfully, I can't find spray Lysol.  Pretty soon, I will be making your mixture  ;)

I keep getting this cough back, I’m so tired and now a sore throat.  This is really getting old.  My feel like a hypochondriac and that is NO fun.  I just don’t have the energy to cook.  I wish I had some TZv dinners or something.  I settled for a can of soup and hoping tomorrow is better.

I keep getting this cough back, I’m so tired and now a sore throat.  This is really getting old.  My feel like a hypochondriac and that is NO fun.  I just don’t have the energy to cook.  I wish I had some TZv dinners or something.  I settled for a can of soup and hoping tomorrow is better.

Oh Go I'm so sorry. Did you try gargling with warm salt water? Do you have a humidifier? I still like the old fashion Vicks straight on the chest.

Did you take your temperature? I think if I'm not mistaken you had a lung infection right? That could take a long time to go away and that would definitely make you feel exhausted. I think you just need lots of fluids and plenty of rest. If you don't feel better tomorrow call your doc and maybe you can get something to help knock it out.

Hugs to you my friend and some virtual chicken soup 🍲 and some tea 🍵  :mybuddy:❤️

Shhhh, don't say that, the pressure on Stut to follow rules will lessen.  Truthfully, I can't find spray Lysol.  Pretty soon, I will be making your mixture  ;)

Ya know what Mary I've been using Lysol spray and it's expired. I saw that today on the can 😳 .. Who the hell knew that stuff expired 🤷

Stut if you're listening she's got plenty of Lysol , not excited either, little tiny Irish lady so don't even make a wrong move. Mask on, hands washed , gloves on..the drone is overhead 🧴🛩️ 😷

Vick’s.  Now that’s a good idea!

Give it a try girl sometimes the old fashioned remedies are still the best. Also if you have honey you can put some in your tea it has antibacterial properties.

Ya know what Mary I've been using Lysol spray and it's expired. I saw that today on the can 😳 .. Who the hell knew that stuff expired 🤷

Stut if you're listening she's got plenty of Lysol , not excited either, little tiny Irish lady so don't even make a wrong move. Mask on, hands washed , gloves on..the drone is overhead 🧴🛩️ 😷

Yeah, Stut, you better take care of yourself  :P

Trishy we found some Lysol in the back of my mom's cupboard and were like SCORE! And then I looked at the expiry date and it was 2005!! Does it really expire? Can you use 15 year old Lysol? I guess I will try because can't find it anywhere to buy..

Another  normal day today post COVID-19.. worked from home, went on a walk, cruised facebook... not much else. Hope you all are doing alright.

Nighty night!

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Awe GP l am sorry you are still dealing with this cough l have a little exercise for you and l would suggest everyone here practice this exercise at least once a day.Now way back when Jesus was a child l worked as a respiratory nurse and there was an exercise that was advised and still is used today as covid is also a respiratory virus it will help to prevent complications.

Take a deep breath and hold for a count of 5 then breath out do this 5 times.Do it sitting on a chair.Now on the 6 th breath breathe in hold for 5 and when breathing out do a cough.Repeat breath in hold for 5 and cough on the out breath.Now if you can lay face down with a pillow to support your head and do slightly deeper breaths for 10 minutes.lf you can't tolerate your front lay on your side.Never your back as it restricts oxygen getting fully into the lungs.Do this regularly my lovely friends and it will help keep your lungs in tiptop shape.

. Morning Trish l hope you get out today honey l think a change of scenery is necessary to keep our mental health balanced.l must say l am enjoying the challenge of work but l haven't changed my mind about going back to nursing it really is a temporary thing.We are all playing our part by self isolating and that will get us through.As for the drones l thought it was bloody well raining 😱😜.l have asked for a underground bunker to work from so hopefully l can get about my work without any further sprays 😡.Petrol is still plentiful here and l also have noticed cheaper than it has been in years.We aren't permitted to drive unless to get groceries or to go to essential work.Try to enjoy your day my lovely get Rich to do the exercise l have posted it should help him.love you my lST X

Morning Lady Mary awe Hen don't you be respecting me l am just a dumbass with a skillset 😕.We as nurses are not trained for this we are all just doing what we can.As they said just when l thought l was out they pull me back in 😕😧😜.l am keeping safe my lovely l promise you l have taken a few bloods etc but that is very rare.Could you send me a picture of Tim's schedule when he returns home l just want to make sure he is doing it right 🤔😂😂😂. love you my lady Mary HenX.

Morning Suzy please let us know how you are honey.I miss you around here.love you.X

Morning Olive l think it is time to bin it 😉. Here's a thought put it on E bay you could make a fortune 😜.l am glad you were able to get out walking.l hope you are feeling ok honey as bored as you are.love you.X

Morning Val how are you honey? love you.X

MorningTroch  Esperanza Gilly NJ Meems Nova Miyu Bill Stephen Final Intend and everyone here sending you my love.X

Thank you for the breathing exercise Stut.  I tried it and will do it all day long to get rid of this cough.  Your posts always make me smile.  You are so funny.  Stay safe we need you too!  :smitten:

Awe GP l am sorry you are still dealing with this cough l have a little exercise for you and l would suggest everyone here practice this exercise at least once a day.Now way back when Jesus was a child l worked as a respiratory nurse and there was an exercise that was advised and still is used today as covid is also a respiratory virus it will help to prevent complications.

Take a deep breath and hold for a count of 5 then breath out do this 5 times.Do it sitting on a chair.Now on the 6 th breath breathe in hold for 5 and when breathing out do a cough.Repeat breath in hold for 5 and cough on the out breath.Now if you can lay face down with a pillow to support your head and do slightly deeper breaths for 10 minutes.lf you can't tolerate your front lay on your side.Never your back as it restricts oxygen getting fully into the lungs.Do this regularly my lovely friends and it will help keep your lungs in tiptop shape.

. Morning Trish l hope you get out today honey l think a change of scenery is necessary to keep our mental health balanced.l must say l am enjoying the challenge of work but l haven't changed my mind about going back to nursing it really is a temporary thing.We are all playing our part by self isolating and that will get us through.As for the drones l thought it was bloody well raining 😱😜.l have asked for a underground bunker to work from so hopefully l can get about my work without any further sprays 😡.Petrol is still plentiful here and l also have noticed cheaper than it has been in years.We aren't permitted to drive unless to get groceries or to go to essential work.Try to enjoy your day my lovely get Rich to do the exercise l have posted it should help him.love you my lST X

Morning Lady Mary awe Hen don't you be respecting me l am just a dumbass with a skillset 😕.We as nurses are not trained for this we are all just doing what we can.As they said just when l thought l was out they pull me back in 😕😧😜.l am keeping safe my lovely l promise you l have taken a few bloods etc but that is very rare.Could you send me a picture of Tim's schedule when he returns home l just want to make sure he is doing it right 🤔😂😂😂. love you my lady Mary HenX.

Morning Suzy please let us know how you are honey.I miss you around here.love you.X

Morning Olive l think it is time to bin it 😉. Here's a thought put it on E bay you could make a fortune 😜.l am glad you were able to get out walking.l hope you are feeling ok honey as bored as you are.love you.X

MorningTroch  Esperanza Gilly NJ Meems Nova Miyu Bill Stephen Final Intend and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hey lady! You know you better be careful Mary is very controlling with her Lysol. I'm sure the whole of Ireland is well disinfected since she found out you were working. The US wants to know what happened to it's nation's stockpile of Lysol but I won't tell 🤥 where it is..( pssst it's in Texas) 🤫  :laugh: :laugh: seriously, please be super careful bc we kinda like you like a lot! 😉

Your long distance brother in law is going to kill us both. He is forgetting to wash his hands sometimes like after opening the mail 🤬.. he's so difficult to train. How do you train a man who thinks washing hands of only for after using the bathroom or loo where you live??  :tickedoff:.. His life is in danger at the moment but not from covid19  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Love you much! Be ever so careful pleeeeeeease 🙏❤️ LST 😘

Trishy we found some Lysol in the back of my mom's cupboard and were like SCORE! And then I looked at the expiry date and it was 2005!! Does it really expire? Can you use 15 year old Lysol? I guess I will try because can't find it anywhere to buy..

Another  normal day today post COVID-19.. worked from home, went on a walk, cruised facebook... not much else. Hope you all are doing alright.

Nighty night!

Hey Olive,

I bet it still has some kick to it. Keep using it I'm using my expired Lysol too. Can't hurt right 🤷

Stay safe woman. 🙏❤️😷

Morning Mary,

It's a rainy day here today 😩 rain makes everything seem worse. I plan on doing a few things around the house to do but then who knows. Maybe I'll start another book, I'm sure I'll watch a movie or look thru Netflix to see if I can find a good series. I'll tell ya the hardest part of this so far for me is snacking.. I'm constantly snacking which is never a good idea for me. I'm only 5'1 so I have to really watch it but lately it's like who cares. I have to get into a better mind set and take off the feed bag and start eating fewer times a day 🤷🤦‍♀️😷

What are you up to today? Have any quarantine plans? 😁

Love ya,

TT ❤️

Hey lady! You know you better be careful Mary is very controlling with her Lysol. I'm sure the whole of Ireland is well disinfected since she found out you were working. The US wants to know what happened to it's nation's stockpile of Lysol but I won't tell 🤥 where it is..( pssst it's in Texas) 🤫  :laugh: :laugh: seriously, please be super careful bc we kinda like you like a lot! 😉

Your long distance brother in law is going to kill us both. He is forgetting to wash his hands sometimes like after opening the mail 🤬.. he's so difficult to train. How do you train a man who thinks washing hands of only for after using the bathroom or loo where you live??  :tickedoff:.. His life is in danger at the moment but not from covid19  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Trishy, I hate to say it, but it is difficult to keep everything wiped and washed.  I would say if most are doing 80 to 90 %, are doing well.  Especially men.  Tim actually walked in yesterday and wiped off the AMAZON stuff, but it's taken weeks to get that sunk in.  So he does alittle better all the time.  So if Rich is just improving, give him lots of kudos.  :D. Men like to feel appreciated and telling them they are doing a good job, they try harder.  :).  Before I got married for the second time, I read a stack of books on men, really.  And I learned a lot.  Of course, Covid wasn't a topic  :(. Love you girl, All the stuff on Amazon now, is being held for hospitals and. I am afraid the noname stuff isn't strong enough, so I am just going to make the bleach and water if I can't find any.  I bet you can research and find out if Lysol expires.  Love ya Too Many, MM.  :smitten: :smitten:

Morning Mary,

It's a rainy day here today 😩 rain makes everything seem worse. I plan on doing a few things around the house to do but then who knows. Maybe I'll start another book, I'm sure I'll watch a movie or look thru Netflix to see if I can find a good series. I'll tell ya the hardest part of this so far for me is snacking.. I'm constantly snacking which is never a good idea for me. I'm only 5'1 so I have to really watch it but lately it's like who cares. I have to get into a better mind set and take off the feed bag and start eating fewer times a day 🤷🤦‍♀️😷

Love ya,

TT ❤️

Oh yes, very exciting plans.  Wiping down, I am watching Ozarks on Netflix, it has been great.  Totally takes my mind off all this stuff.  I might try reading a book.  I am always reading but it's usually bb or other medical stuff on google.  Believe me, my most exciting thing will be to wrestle with Sly, lol.

He is a lot of company.  LY, Too Many!!

Morning Mary,

Love ya,

TT ❤️

Oh yes, very exciting plans.  Wiping down, I am watching Ozarks on Netflix, it has been great.  Totally takes my mind off all this stuff.  I might try reading a book.  I am always reading but it's usually bb or other medical stuff on google.  Believe me, my most exciting thing will be to wrestle with Sly, lol.

He is a lot of company.  LY, Too Many!!

Sounds like a typical lovely day in the land of quarantine.  :D

I keep seeing Ozark in my searches on Netflix maybe I'll give it a try. We tried the English game last night but I fell asleep on it, Rich said it was good so maybe I'll have to rewind that and start again. So much TV to choose from and can't find anything go figure 🤷

Enjoy your Sly he sounds adorable 🤗

Trishy, I hate to say it, but it is difficult to keep everything wiped and washed.  I would say if most are doing 80 to 90 %, are doing well.  Especially men.  Tim actually walked in yesterday and wiped off the AMAZON stuff, but it's taken weeks to get that sunk in.  So he does alittle better all the time.  So if Rich is just improving, give him lots of kudos.  :D. Men like to feel appreciated and telling them they are doing a good job, they try harder.  :).  Before I got married for the second time, I read a stack of books on men, really.  And I learned a lot.  Of course, Covid wasn't a topic  :(. Love you girl, All the stuff on Amazon now, is being held for hospitals and. I am afraid the noname stuff isn't strong enough, so I am just going to make the bleach and water if I can't find any.  I bet you can research and find out if Lysol expires.  Love ya Too Many, MM.  :smitten: :smitten:

I missed this post..🤷 :crazy:

Anyway, you have a point. Rich is trying and I've been so stressed that I'm screaming at him when he F 's up. We never fight, it's rare for me to scream at him. After almost 36 yrs of marriage, May 4 th,  we have found little to argue over. We get along really well but the stress of this is just getting to the both of us. We're both worried about eachother and our kids and grandkids. He's developed this nervous habit that's driving me crazy where he takes his pointer finger and flicks his thumb nail so it makes a clicking noise, honestly I just want to light my hair on fire every time he does it which is frequent 😵.. I know he can't help it he's a wreck like me. I think I have to find some patience for him. This is hard on everyone. I'll try to give him praise when he does the right thing.. Like giving a treat to a dog who just 💩 outside for the first time 🤣😂. Kidding aside I believe you're right and I'm going to make it a point of being more appreciative of his efforts.

Thanks girl ❤️😷

I missed this post..🤷 :crazy:

Anyway, you have a point. Rich is trying and I've been so stressed that I'm screaming at him when he F 's up. We never fight, it's rare for me to scream at him. After almost 36 yrs of marriage, May 4 th,  we have found little to argue over. We get along really well but the stress of this is just getting to the both of us. We're both worried about eachother and our kids and grandkids. He's developed this nervous habit that's driving me crazy where he takes his pointer finger and flicks his thumb nail so it makes a clicking noise, honestly I just want to light my hair on fire every time he does it which is frequent 😵.. I know he can't help it he's a wreck like me. I think I have to find some patience for him. This is hard on everyone. I'll try to give him praise when he does the right thing.. Like giving a treat to a dog who just 💩 outside for the first time 🤣😂. Kidding aside I believe you're right and I'm going to make it a point of being more appreciative of his efforts.

Thanks girl ❤️😷

Tim does something like that too, but he has done it for years, and if you have a migraine, there is no way not to fuss, so after all these years, I just say Tim and give him the 👀, so he's use to it now.  :D

It is beyond annoying, I agree.  Tape his fingers  ;D:laugh:  then you don't have to say anything  :laugh:

[78...]