Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Mary I understand how worried you are about him having to go to work. Does he have contact with a lot of people in the work place? In any case, it's just a matter of time till they send him home. They start off like that everywhere, with a "soft" distancing regulation, but then things get real bad and they lock everyone down. Why every country is making the same mistake I'll never know. Surprisingly, some Latin American countries have locked them down right at the beginning, like they should. I understand Argentina is doing it right, and Peru. Brasil is going to be a massacre.

Back to Tim, I'm guessing in one or maybe two weeks he'll be sent home. I understand how worried you are. Mary, many people die but it's also true that MOST people don't, OK?

Gardener, Begood, Mary, thanks so much for the mask making video. I'll watch now. I have a very good one here but can't share because I don't know how to share whatsapp videos.

Mary, "a smaller mask for my daughter"? Girl you should see her, she is huge. Taller than I am and she's only 13. Tall, long legs, very strong muscles, brown skin and black hair. She's beautiful but again what would I say, right? She takes after her father, but only in the physical traits.

Oh yeah mm! Oh I would love Texas! Cowboys! Cute guys! Remember Urban Cowboy, I loved that movie. I know it was corny, but I loved John Travolta!

I loved that movie too  :laugh: :laugh:

Mary I understand how worried you are about him having to go to work. Does he have contact with a lot of people in the work place? In any case, it's just a matter of time till they send him home. They start off like that everywhere, with a "soft" distancing regulation, but then things get real bad and they lock everyone down. Why every country is making the same mistake I'll never know. Surprisingly, some Latin American countries have locked them down right at the beginning, like they should. I understand Argentina is doing it right, and Peru. Brasil is going to be a massacre.

Back to Tim, I'm guessing in one or maybe two weeks he'll be sent home. I understand how worried you are. Mary, many people die but it's also true that MOST people don't, OK?

Gardener, Begood, Mary, thanks so much for the mask making video. I'll watch now. I have a very good one here but can't share because I don't know how to share whatsapp videos.

Mary, "a smaller mask for my daughter"? Girl you should see her, she is huge. Taller than I am and she's only 13. Tall, long legs, very strong muscles, brown skin and black hair. She's beautiful but again what would I say, right? She takes after her father, but only in the physical traits.

Val, I'll be honest with you, we live right outside of NYC where it is incredibly bad, and there is so much still open. Office supply stores, craft stores, nurseries to buy flowers, all construction is still open. We have been under this "strict lockdown"--what our governor calls it--for weeks, but all of these things are still open. People go shopping because they are bored. It is totally ridiculous that all these things are open. I have neighbors going into work because they are bored working from home, they are all non essential. I don't think we are going to see the measures here that are needed.

I am a wreck as the virus is starting to spread in my mom's nursing home. One resident has died, another four are in the hospital, and they are awaiting test results on others. I had thought about taking her out and having her come here before all this started so now I am feeling tremendous guilt (although I don't know how I would have possibly managed her being here).

I am doing my best to stay calm but it is hard. I go back to work Monday after a four day weekend this week. It will be a short week as I have off for Good Friday.

Hope everyone can enjoy their Sunday as best they can.

Val, I'll be honest with you, we live right outside of NYC where it is incredibly bad, and there is so much still open. Office supply stores, craft stores, nurseries to buy flowers, all construction is still open. We have been under this "strict lockdown"--what our governor calls it--for weeks, but all of these things are still open. People go shopping because they are bored. It is totally ridiculous that all these things are open. I have neighbors going into work because they are bored working from home, they are all non essential. I don't think we are going to see the measures here that are needed.

I am a wreck as the virus is starting to spread in my mom's nursing home. One resident has died, another four are in the hospital, and they are awaiting test results on others. I had thought about taking her out and having her come here before all this started so now I am feeling tremendous guilt (although I don't know how I would have possibly managed her being here).

I am doing my best to stay calm but it is hard. I go back to work Monday after a four day weekend this week. It will be a short week as I have off for Good Friday.

Hope everyone can enjoy their Sunday as best they can.

NJ, I hope your mother is safe and the nursing home is protecting her.  Please try not to feel guilty, she would have been at risk at your house also and you just couldn't add on to all you were trying to do and keep yourself safe, not to mention being in withdrawal.  I looked after my mom, when she probably should have been in a hospital, but she was so afraid of being there and had dementia, so I did the best I could.  When she passed away, it was from a staff infection in the hospital.  I felt guilty for years, I wish I knew how to do better, but I tried.  So know you have done your best.  I hope very much she is safe.  The boys are doing well, that's great.  You have done a great job.  LY  :smitten: :smitten:

Vali, I hope so.  Tim's business will be trying to do as much business over the phone as possible, but lots of time, it just won't work.  He is moving his office out into the garage at work, he has already cleaned it.  Will keep him separated even more.  Wearing a mask and gloves.  It's others I just don't trust.  That city has been on lockdown for 2 weeks and Tim's boss has decided they do squeeze into the essential sector, barely.  :tickedoff:  And truthfully, being here 11 hours alone a day, really is going to bother me.  A couple weeks ago it wasn't this bad, but now it just sucks.

Kids grow so much quicker than they use to ;).  She sounds beautiful.  You 2 stay safe and stay in.

Love you,  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi everyone,

I just have one question. Every major news station that I listen to especially CNN is reporting that we will deal with this again in the fall. I'm hoping we get out of it for the late summer but then to have to go through this immense fear again all Fall and winter.. WTF? Can any of us avoid getting this virus? 🤦‍♀️

Trishy ❤️

NJ I think like Mary. You're doing more than anyone could possibly do, in spite of your medication problem. Please don't feel guilty. Realize you just can't control everything, can't reach everywhere. You have done and are doing what takes usually at least two people to do. Do your sisters feel guilty? They should, not you. I know your government is not being strict enough but you can stay at home and make your family stay at home. You say you're going back to work but you mean from home, right? Here as you know more elderly people die but why lie to you, some young people die too. When young people die, at least with the strain of virus we've got here, it's because the patient develops a brutal immune reaction to the virus, and this immune reaction kills him. Some doctors say it's happening more in meditarrenian race, hence the death numbers here. What I mean is that I'm not sure immuno suppressors would be a bad thing. But it's just a thought, as nobody really knows anything. We're fighting something we don't know anything about. I think you need to be good to yourself. Give yourself a break. Tell yourself how much you do every day. And accept that there's so much you can't control. I'm trying to tell myself this right now. I hope everything will be okay in the end ❤️

Mary if he's isolated in his office and keeps idiots from coming close to him, he'll be OK. Every day everything changes with this. If it goes like it went here, in no time he'll be sent home. Praying for it. It sucks that you're alone. You can Skype with him maybe 😊

Hi everyone,

I just have one question. Every major news station that I listen to especially CNN is reporting that we will deal with this again in the fall. I'm hoping we get out of it for the late summer but then to have to go through this immense fear again all Fall and winter.. WTF? Can any of us avoid getting this virus? 🤦‍♀️

Trishy ❤️

Hey Trishy, truthfully, so many people have it now, we would be shocked.  Not knowing how long people had the virus before symptoms and we were all told not to wear masks, a lot are walking around with the virus.  My governor is next to an idiot, he put us on lockdown but with so many exceptions, it's nuts.  A preacher in another state is having church this morning, the last one that did that, the whole congregation got sick.  People are nuts and they are taking their cue from Trump.

Unbelievable.  Stay in, stay safe girlfriend, be grateful your governors right there are working together to get it under control.  Love you, Mary  :smitten: :smitten:❤️💋♥️❤️💋

NJ I think like Mary. You're doing more than anyone could possibly do, in spite of your medication problem. Please don't feel guilty. Realize you just can't control everything, can't reach everywhere. You have done and are doing what takes usually at least two people to do. Do your sisters feel guilty? They should, not you. I know your government is not being strict enough but you can stay at home and make your family stay at home. You say you're going back to work but you mean from home, right? Here as you know more elderly people die but why lie to you, some young people die too. When young people die, at least with the strain of virus we've got here, it's because the patient develops a brutal immune reaction to the virus, and this immune reaction kills him. Some doctors say it's happening more in meditarrenian race, hence the death numbers here. What I mean is that I'm not sure immuno suppressors would be a bad thing. But it's just a thought, as nobody really knows anything. We're fighting something we don't know anything about. I think you need to be good to yourself. Give yourself a break. Tell yourself how much you do every day. And accept that there's so much you can't control. I'm trying to tell myself this right now. I hope everything will be okay in the end ❤️

Val, yes, working from home. My son is on prednisone, which they say is very bad to be on with this virus. We are weaning him off but he won't be off completely until late summer if all goes well. The other drug he is on for Crohn's might offer some protection, it's unclear. We are trying to stay at home but it is nearly impossible to get groceries without going out. I am so irritated with my husband I asked him to get a time for groceries last night (slots open at midnight, he was up I was not), and he forgot. Next dates for pick up/delivery won't be until April 14 and not sure if we will get a slot. This is insanity. Stay safe, I know it is bad there plus you have the extra worry with the finances I know. I really think they are going to cut my hours, I just wish they would do it now so I could have time to rest instead of wait for a month or two. I am trying to be good to myself, which is why I took a four day weekend, and I think from now on I am going to just try to focus and get a good five hours a day in and then forget the rest. I don't have much to do. Stay safe.

Hi everyone,

Trishy ❤️

Hey Trishy, truthfully, so many people have it now, we would be shocked.  Not knowing how long people had the virus before symptoms and we were all told not to wear masks, a lot are walking around with the virus.  My governor is next to an idiot, he put us on lockdown but with so many exceptions, it's nuts.  A preacher in another state is having church this morning, the last one that did that, the whole congregation got sick.  People are nuts and they are taking their cue from Trump.

Unbelievable.  Stay in, stay safe girlfriend, be grateful your governors right there are working together to get it under control.  Love you, Mary  :smitten: :smitten:❤️💋♥️❤️💋

This is the truth. It’s the rough exact truth. I’m up and waiting for Mary to pick me up at 12:30 pm. Plenty of people listing to that orange man we call Trump. Trump doesn’t care about  and of us. It was only when the stock market start to fall the his attention was sparked. And he still does care about any of us.

He just sees how bad this is getting and his re-election by other idiots depend on his re-election. And those very idiots are the ones who will  probably be the hardest to get hit as far as finiancially and health wise.

Take my word! This man is an idiot. And who elected him? The ones who hated Hillary Clinton. Don’t we all wish that she was in charge now? I know I do. Years of experience and maybe Obama helping her along with Bill Clinton, and all the strategic people around them both.

I do and that is a forever statement!!!

Intend and I’m also Rose 🌹

Did I shock you all?

If I did please say some, or all you gone or off to to do something more “interesting.?”

Hey you, I was on the phone with my sister.  You still have some zip, are you feeling okay?  What happened that you ended up in hospital?  I know lots of people that wish others were handling this.  Someone said just the other day, Obama and Bush should give up not getting into another's President business, and come out and start Groups to help and start saying what they believe.  What a disaster this is, we are all saying Cuomo for President  :). bb has been really dead today.  It is off and on quite a bit now.    I am off for a nap, if you are up to it, please post and let us know how you are and what happened after Mary gets you home.  Please stay safe and take care of yourself.  Pets to Pepper and tell Dan hello.  LY  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Libertas says hello too and take care :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you Trish for being my friend, and for paying attention  to this nations horrendous situation.

Looks like everyone else isn't paying attention to what I just wrote.

I not the expert here for sure, but Hillary Clinton and all those around here would coordinate this way better than that dope we call Trump who cares not ONE THING about any of us.

Love you my friend very much. 💚💛🧡❤️💜

Intend and Rose 🌹 🥀

Hey you, I was on the phone with my sister.  You still have some zip, are you feeling okay?  What happened that you ended up in hospital?  I know lots of people that wish others were handling this.  Someone said just the other day, Obama and Bush should give up not getting into another's President business, and come out and start Groups to help and start saying what they believe.  What a disaster this is, we are all saying Cuomo for President  :). bb has been really dead today.  It is off and on quite a bit now.    I am off for a nap, if you are up to it, please post and let us know how you are and what happened after Mary gets you home.  Please stay safe and take care of yourself.  Pets to Pepper and tell Dan hello.  LY  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Mary, my friend, since you’re going to take a nap, go do it, and these quotes sometime get confusing so I’ll try to read it again later when I’m home and let you know what’s up. Rest for now. But I will tou base wil Libertas right now. Love you my friend. ❤️💜❤️💜❤️

Mary, my friend, since you’re going to take a nap, go do it, and these quotes sometime get confusing so I’ll try to read it again later when I’m home and let you know what’s up. Rest for now. But I will tou base wil Libertas right now. Love you my friend. ❤️💜❤️💜❤️

Love you too, don't tire yourself  :mybuddy: :mybuddy:

I’m good for now my friend. This microloongcopies have their limitations. I know because I’ve had 8 of them.

Rest now my friend and may Libertas just says hello. But I can talk to her directly. You tall me when you get up.

🐾 🐈 train 🚂 🚞 and Rose 🌹 🥀 🌹

Thank you Trish for being my friend, and for paying attention  to this nations horrendous situation.

Looks like everyone else isn't paying attention to what I just wrote.

I not the expert here for sure, but Hillary Clinton and all those around here would coordinate this way better than that dope we call Trump who cares not ONE THING about any of us.

Love you my friend very much. 💚💛🧡❤️💜

Intend and Rose 🌹 🥀

Hi intend,

I agree our leadership could be better and I wish that it was given the current crisis we are in. I am relying on Dr fauci and Dr Birx for my info. I want to pull all the hair out of my head when you know who speaks. It's unintelligible and lies spew out like vomit.

I am glad you were able to let us know how you feel. I hope you are resting right now my dear friend.

Sending you massive hugs, please stay safe.

Love you, 🥀 🔨🌶️

Trishy ❤️❤️

Hi everyone,

Trishy ❤️

This is the truth. It’s the rough exact truth. I’m up and waiting for Mary to pick me up at 12:30 pm. Plenty of people listing to that orange man we call Trump. Trump doesn’t care about  and of us. It was only when the stock market start to fall the his attention was sparked. And he still does care about any of us.

He just sees how bad this is getting and his re-election by other idiots depend on his re-election. And those very idiots are the ones who will  probably be the hardest to get hit as far as finiancially and health wise.

Take my word! This man is an idiot. And who elected him? The ones who hated Hillary Clinton. Don’t we all wish that she was in charge now? I know I do. Years of experience and maybe Obama helping her along with Bill Clinton, and all the strategic people around them both.

I do and that is a forever statement!!!

Intend and I’m also Rose 🌹

These governor's need to get with the program if we are ever to get out of this mess! This is ridiculous. Just lock the F down like the rest of us and quit resisting! I'm so tired of this is " unconstitutional and takes away our freedom" it's bullshit! It's an f ' in pandemic! Nobody's taking away anybody's freedoms by putting a stay at home order in place to save LIVES. If bombs were going off all over the country they'd lock those states down.. Is this any different? They keep saying we are fighting a war with an unseen enemy! So lock the F down that's the way to attack this unseen enemy. It's absolutely mind boggling to me.

I'm a Christian and I'd like to remind the Christians going to church right now that " they are the church" ! The holy spirit lives in them, they are the temple!!! Oh my goodness I'm pissed off over this ignorance going on. They need to keep their ass home and watch church on tv! I do! Reminds me of the old joke: a flood came and a man was on his roof, a boat came by and he could have been rescued but he refuses saying no God will rescue me and then a helicopter comes by and he refuses help again saying no God will rescue me and then he dies and he says to God why didn't you rescue me? God replies I sent you a boat I sent you a helicopter!! Well God is now saying STAY HOME I'M TRYING TO SAVE YOU! Yet, nope they go off to church thinking their faith will save them! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Ahhhhh.. Sorry for the rant but I mean come on now these people need to visit the wizard for a BRAIN!

LOVE YOU,

TRISHY ❤️

VNM the immune response you are referring to is called a Cytokine Storm, and is mainly a problem with those that are on the autoimmune spectrum. Very scary.

It's very rainy here in Santa Cruz today. It rained all afternoon yesterday and all night long, and now all day today! The creek below our house is very swollen. It's good, we have had a very dry winter. Hoping we get more this spring so we can skip fire season this year, ok? That is the last thing we need!

Hope you all are able to have a relaxing Sunday, if even for a few minutes.

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Well l think it is safe to say the essence of this group has been lost.l just want to remind everyone here this is a non political forum and l know if this continues our group will be locked so please refrain.l have also witnessed one of our members being insulted again not acceptable.Now if you want to discuss your political stance pm each other.l could sit here and malign my government however this is not the place to do it.Please respect each other and remember we are here to support each other through a difficult time.

Morning Val l am sorry you are in a wave honey it is so unfair however sadly this is hard for some no matter what way we taper.l still stand by what l have said.I believe we have to keep going we can not predict what will happen.lf you feel your symptoms becoming increasingly worse then hold for a time.lt really is all trial and error.l don't know about you but l don't want to be doing this for the next ten years so l will try to keep my withdrawal symptoms down as much as possible.Try not to overthink this my lovely.love you.X

Morning NJ it does sound as though you have had the coronavirus.l am sure you are worried about your mum l really hope she gets through this.Try not to feel too guilty honey it really is what it is.You are doing the best you can and that has to be enough.love to you.X

Morning Suzy you are not an idiot my lovely.Try not to take any of this personally please.You are a valued member of our little group and l for one look forward to reading your posts.l hope you and Jim can find a way of living together honey.love you.X

Morning Trish yes we are just pushing this back.l don't think the long term plan has been fixed yet so we are in this for the long haul.They are really needing to increase the testing to see who has had the virus however if that is even possible is yet to be seen.Let's just take this a day at a time.We can't do anymore than that.love you my lST X

. Morning Intend what happened at the hospital?l hope Dan is doing ok?look after yourself honey.love to you and Dan.X

Morning Olive you seem to be doing well honey?l hope you are getting out for your exercise? love you.X

Morning lady Mary well hen l hope you are ok?l know Tim is back to work today.lt will be a long day however you will get used to it.l know you are worried honey however Tim is not stupid and he will keep himself safe.All much the same this end.The pups are good and the fam are all well.Speak soon my love.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning GP how are you honey?Still holding l hope.How's your chest? love you.X

Morning Gypsy Troch Stephen, Final Bill Miyu Nova Esperanza and everyone here sending you my love.X

Morning Stutt! I don't know if I get it. You mentioned you keep your symptoms low so that you're not doing this for the next ten years. But I feel if I go as slow as this it will be years. So you mean slow down or speed up? Sorry Stutt, I missed what you meant 🤔 Thanks for being so helpful.

Suzy, I hope you and Jim are on good terms today. The neighbors downstairs are cleaning the yard so now I really think the apocalypse is coming, because I've lived here for years and I've never seen them get serious with it. Maybe they're scared of the virus. I wish I could post before and after pictures.

Hello everyone,

Believe me I understand that emotions are running high right now due to the COVID crisis. It's understandable to want to vent, even yell and scream.  There have been serious problems in terms of dealing with the virus.

Let's try to keep political commentary out of the equation.  I know this is difficult, but to be very honest, political discussions and debates always lead to bad feelings and sometimes very heated arguments on the forum.

We are not trying to police every thread, we have a small team that is stretched thin at times. We only address issues when there is a report.

I hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected during this difficult time.

pianogirl

Hello everyone,

Believe me I understand that emotions are running high right now due to the COVID crisis. It's understandable to want to vent, even yell and scream.  There have been serious problems in terms of dealing with the virus.

Let's try to keep political commentary out of the equation.  I know this is difficult, but to be very honest, political discussions and debates always lead to bad feelings and sometimes very heated arguments on the forum.

We are not trying to police every thread, we have a small team that is stretched thin at times. We only address issues when there is a report.

I hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected during this difficult time.

pianogirl

Hi piano girl,

Thank you for the reminder. It is difficult times as you say. I'm sure we will all be careful from now on not to post anything political. I'm also sorry that someone felt the need to report us, that angers me but I will let it go bc I love this group and have received enormous help from BB and wouldn't want to jeopardize what I have here.

Thank you again and be well during these very hard times.

Trishy

[d9...]