Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi all, not much to catch up on, where is everyone? My days have been pretty similar, working from home and snuggling my cat. Going for walks, I am so fortunate to live out of the city and in the redwoods. The less I look online the more peace I feel. The more I look online the more anxious I get. Sending you all love 💕 we are going to be ok.

Hi all, not much to catch up on, where is everyone? My days have been pretty similar, working from home and snuggling my cat. Going for walks, I am so fortunate to live out of the city and in the redwoods. The less I look online the more peace I feel. The more I look online the more anxious I get. Sending you all love 💕 we are going to be ok.

Morning Olive yes very quiet on here.l am in the same boat as you l live in the country so l am able to go out over the fields.l Google news every morning and that's it nothing more l need to know.l hope your mum is keeping well my love?love you.X

Morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

I thought l had better check in as l know lady Mary would be worrying 😉.All much the same this end keeping as calm as possible.l still have my daughter here so will be back later in the week.I haven't caught up so if l have missed something l apologise.Just keep on keeping on what else can we do.love you all.X

I worry about you too twinny not just the hen  :laugh:  In all seriousness twin check in as often as you can. These are very worrisome times.. We're all caught in one collective hellish nightmare.

Love you lady,

LST ❤️

Morning Twiny we don't need words we are connected 😘.Yes it is a nightmare something l hoped l would never witness however here we are.We have been in total lockdown so l must say it ain't much fun.l think sadly there will be a definite upswing in suicides etc.l also am more worried about the future it is looking pretty grim.What can we do but get through the best we can.Nothing ever lasts forever.l know you are scared honey but we will prevail.Give my brother in law an air hug from me.l hope the family are ok? love you my lST X

Ps l have yet again been ignored by the Hen so there could be a vacancy going very soon for that position.😠 Just saying.😱

Morning Suzy how are you honey?Is your mum keeping ok?l hope Jim has calmed down a bit?l know these are trying times for everyone so hang there honey.As your psch l wouldn't bother my ass.l know you want validation however you will never get it.love you.X

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.Stay strong my friends.Thinking of you all.Lady Mary, Intend Gilly Valley Troch Free Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu Bill Val Final GP and everyone here.Love and hugs to you all.X

Hi Stut,

Hanging in there. Jim and I had a fight. He was mad because he says he does everything. I do alot around the house.ive been cleaning. I do bvb as much as I can. Some days I have to rest. He says wht xant you do more. I told him a million times. He said I was making excuses. I told him I try to tell him how I feel. When I bring up sx he doesnt want to hear it so I don't bring it up. So he walks around angry all the time. I told him it m.h takes me nervous. I cant be yelled at all the time. He said he wouldn't if I did more and he is stressed. I told him I tried a million times what was happening and if he wants to go then go. If he listened to me a long ti m.h e ago maybe it wouldn't gave gotten so bad. I kept telling him I need help. But he didn't belie vfc e me. He is being nicer. He felt bad. He's listening and not bring an angry nag. So besides that bwd and cv I'm great..lol.  Hope your sc aren't bad. I'm finding it hard to know what is sx or stress. Stay safe. Love you Suzy

I thought l had better check in as l know lady Mary would be worrying 😉.All much the same this end keeping as calm as possible.l still have my daughter here so will be back later in the week.I haven't caught up so if l have missed something l apologise.Just keep on keeping on what else can we do.love you all.X

I worry about you too twinny not just the hen  :laugh:  In all seriousness twin check in as often as you can. These are very worrisome times.. We're all caught in one collective hellish nightmare.

Love you lady,

LST ❤️

Morning Twiny we don't need words we are connected 😘.Yes it is a nightmare something l hoped l would never witness however here we are.We have been in total lockdown so l must say it ain't much fun.l think sadly there will be a definite upswing in suicides etc.l also am more worried about the future it is looking pretty grim.What can we do but get through the best we can.Nothing ever lasts forever.l know you are scared honey but we will prevail.Give my brother in law an air hug from me.l hope the family are ok? love you my lST X

Ps l have yet again been ignored by the Hen so there could be a vacancy going very soon for that position.😠 Just saying.😱

Wow, I didn't ignore you, I never know when you are going to be on!!  I just wrote you a whole page, you just aren't going back far enough to find my posts  :P :P.  You can't replace me, Twinny would not appreciate being called a Hen  :laugh: :laugh:  Love you anyway my Queen, and The Whole family of X's  ;D:laugh:  Your Lady Mary, another job Twinny would want, knowing The Lady has to take orders from Queen if we ever meet  :P :P. So there, give my jobs away, hmp :smitten: :smitten:

Suzy I’m so sorry you are dealing with that. My ex said many of the same things, I really feel for you.

Hey all, I have been watching this webcast and it is amazing! It digs into the cosmic reasons behind Covid-19 among many other things. Thought I would share.

http://email.mg.crowdcast.io/c/eJxVjsEOgyAQBb9GbhJYVMqBQ2v1P5RdlUSkUVrSvy_XJvMuc3gZtMooImTeggAhFBihZQOCS65Vq7t-GPtWD-bxhKoRYeXujBnddCXuI9vs7GbCGzQGpZKuI9FI1LDIBXSRN8F2u6X0uip1r2As5Jz_PoqiMiQX0R9rHd9nvfjzSnU8iJ12Cl--TWnxtCPf44dKxhomv3MXww9QPjrE

Hey Olive,

You live among the redwoods? Oh so lucky! I have only seen pictures of them and they are gorgeous! Would love to see them one day.

The news is pretty depressing so it's good you stay away. I try to stay away but fail. I have this need to know what's going on at every moment. I need to clean more but have no energy for it. I know it's a little depression going on.

Stay well, enjoy those walks!  :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten:

Love you lady,

LST ❤️

Wow, I didn't ignore you, I never know when you are going to be on!!  I just wrote you a whole page, you just aren't going back far enough to find my posts  :P :P.  You can't replace me, Twinny would not appreciate being called a Hen  :laugh: :laugh:  Love you anyway my Queen, and The Whole family of X's  ;D:laugh:  Your Lady Mary, another job Twinny would want, knowing The Lady has to take orders from Queen if we ever meet  :P :P. So there, give my jobs away, hmp :smitten: :smitten:

The hen can keep her jobs twin, she'll get no competition from me!  :laugh: :laugh:

Stay inside woman and no going out..I should take my own advice. I've had to go out a little here and there and wish I didn't. It only causes me anxiety after I do it.

Rich and I had to go to his Drs office this morning and pick up a letter stating that he has mild COPD which makes him a higher risk for covid. We had to then take his letter to his work where he brought it in and handed to his boss, filled out a paper that will release him from work for two weeks with pay. Actually it'll carry him until April 17 th. After that he'll use up some of his vacation time. We think we can keep him out of work for the whole month of April. I'll tell you though with all the stuff I'm ordering on line and the deliveries coming I'm worried I'll get it just by opening up packages 😳

They are now as the hen said recommending we wear masks. Waiting for the big orange blob to come on and announce it later.

Stay well my dear twin I'll be thinking of you and I'll know how you are through our twin telepathic connection  :pokey:  ;)

You know I love you. ❤️

LST ❤️❤️

Hi Stut,

Hanging in there. Jim and I had a fight. He was mad because he says he does everything. I do alot around the house.ive been cleaning. I do bvb as much as I can. Some days I have to rest. He says wht xant you do more. I told him a million times. He said I was making excuses. I told him I try to tell him how I feel. When I bring up sx he doesnt want to hear it so I don't bring it up. So he walks around angry all the time. I told him it m.h takes me nervous. I cant be yelled at all the time. He said he wouldn't if I did more and he is stressed. I told him I tried a million times what was happening and if he wants to go then go. If he listened to me a long ti m.h e ago maybe it wouldn't gave gotten so bad. I kept telling him I need help. But he didn't belie vfc e me. He is being nicer. He felt bad. He's listening and not bring an angry nag. So besides that bwd and cv I'm great..lol.  Hope your sc aren't bad. I'm finding it hard to know what is sx or stress. Stay safe. Love you Suzy

You go girl, don't take any crap  :D. I am glad he is being better.  I have terrible migraine, Tim is going back to work Monday.  His boss has decided they are essential.  I can't argue or worry anymore.  I have no control.  I just hate sitting here by myself all day.  Had to pay for the damn enso  :laugh:

Tim had to redo the app on phone and I guess that flagged it so I was going to buy one of those straps you can put in other places and they were out :(. I really wanted it and you know enso, it could be months before they refill.  :)

You stay safe girlfriend.  I love you, MM  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Stut,

Hi Suzy I think he's scrounging at your place isn't he? If he's not happy he should go find another place to live in. I hope you find a way to live in peace, with or without him. He's such a pain in the ass I think you should raise his rent, he's too hard to live with so you might as well monetize the guy. I'm here looking at our gloomy perspective. I fear if the virus doesn't kill us, the economy might. I'm praying for a miracle. I wish my cats hadn't died. I need their company now.

Living in the woods Olive? You guys are lucky. I live in a flat. No garden no nothing. I only get out to throw away the garbage. Send me a thought from the woods, the feeling will reach me.

Hey all

I don’t post much but I’ve been around since 2013 wow never thought I would still be here 7 years down the track, just wondering how long after a cut you experience sx, I did a daily liquid taper and took it really slow about 95 days to go down by 1mg well it’s been 10 weeks since last does and now I’m starting to get anxiety breaking through, every twinge and ache causes an adrenaline rush.

Any one experience this after a cut.

Many thanks

Gypsy  :smitten:

Hey all

I don’t post much but I’ve been around since 2013 wow never thought I would still be here 7 years down the track, just wondering how long after a cut you experience sx, I did a daily liquid taper and took it really slow about 95 days to go down by 1mg well it’s been 10 weeks since last does and now I’m starting to get anxiety breaking through, every twinge and ache causes an adrenaline rush.

Many thanks

Honestly Gypsy, that seems like a long time since your last dose, but we all know we never know what to expect from benzo's.  Plus CV making us all that much more anxious.  Have you taken your temperature?    :smitten:

Hey all

Many thanks

Honestly Gypsy, that seems like a long time since your last dose, but we all know we never know what to expect from benzo's.  Plus CV making us all that much more anxious.  Have you taken your temperature?    :smitten:

Hey Mary

Yeah temperature is normal, I know when I have cut in the past it sometimes been up to 23 weeks before getting symptoms that are more pronounced.

I still get immediate six in the first few weeks likes aches etc but now it’s the anxiety side which brings back like a muscle memory of fear, weird trying to explain it.

Yes it’s all unsettling with this cv around and hard to grasp that the whole world is in the same position.

Where I live though our numbers are very low so praying they stay that way, although I have my daughter and her children here as her hubby is serving, my other daughter is due in 8 weeks so that is a little nerve racking in these times.

We all live close so have been isolating for a while now. Plus I have my elderly mother whom is also isolating so I am the go out to stock up on essentials person, maybe that is exacerbating symptoms.

Thanks for the reply I really do appreciate it, I cannot believe I am still here 7 years down the track, I’ve seen so many come and go.

All the best that this ends sooner rather than later.

Gypsy :smitten:

Hey all

Many thanks

Hey Mary

Yeah temperature is normal, I know when I have cut in the past it sometimes been up to 23 weeks before getting symptoms that are more pronounced.

I still get immediate six in the first few weeks likes aches etc but now it’s the anxiety side which brings back like a muscle memory of fear, weird trying to explain it.

Yes it’s all unsettling with this cv around and hard to grasp that the whole world is in the same position.

Where I live though our numbers are very low so praying they stay that way, although I have my daughter and her children here as her hubby is serving, my other daughter is due in 8 weeks so that is a little nerve racking in these times.

We all live close so have been isolating for a while now. Plus I have my elderly mother whom is also isolating so I am the go out to stock up on essentials person, maybe that is exacerbating symptoms.

Thanks for the reply I really do appreciate it, I cannot believe I am still here 7 years down the track, I’ve seen so many come and go.

Me too Gypsy, you have a lot of people depending on you, plus a pregnant daughter.  I would be very anxious too.  I am with you, hope this ends sooner or later.  You have a lot on your plate, if you need to talk or vent, please pop back on here and do so!!  Hope your family stays safe, Mary  :smitten: :smitten:

Hey all

Many thanks

Hey Mary

Me too Gypsy, you have a lot of people depending on you, plus a pregnant daughter.  I would be very anxious too.  I am with you, hope this ends sooner or later.  You have a lot on your plate, if you need to talk or vent, please pop back on here and do so!!  Hope your family stays safe, Mary  :smitten: :smitten:

Mary 💖

Thankyou so much for the offer, I will definitely take you up on the venting etc.

Even though I have house full of people so I’m not lonely the noise doesn’t do my nervous system much good as many here can relate to noise sensitivity in wd.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around cv, it is so surreal. To be in 2020 and not be able to move around freely without feeling vulnerable is a hard pill to swallow. Pardon the pun.

I hope and pray that we all stick together to uplift each other so we can all come through this terrible time in history.

Many Many thanks

Hi all, sending out love to you all. VNM, I will 💯 send you some redwood love! 🌲💗

Suzy, that sounds hard. Sounds exactly like my ex. I know Benzo w/d is hard on the partner but not near as hard as going through it yourself. He needs to get over it and be kind to you. He is gaslighting you into thinking that you are a burden. You deserve to be treated well!

Hi Stut, always good to hear your voice. Mary, I’ll so sorry Tor have a migraine! You have those too often! And Tim off to work? Hell no!

Gypsy, you are always welcome here. Skins like you are taking it slow and that’s good. It does seem a long way out for symptoms from the cut but benzos are so unpredictable.

Trishy I think watching the news so much is not good for your poor psyche. Do you have erosion salts? Tomorrow evening take a nice warm bath and skip the news!

Love you all. Off to snuggle kitty 🐱

Hi all, sending out love to you all. VNM, I will 💯 send you some redwood love! 🌲💗

Suzy, that sounds hard. Sounds exactly like my ex. I know Benzo w/d is hard on the partner but not near as hard as going through it yourself. He needs to get over it and be kind to you. He is gaslighting you into thinking that you are a burden. You deserve to be treated well!

Hi Stut, always good to hear your voice. Mary, I’ll so sorry Tor have a migraine! You have those too often! And Tim off to work? Hell no!

Gypsy, you are always welcome here. Skins like you are taking it slow and that’s good. It does seem a long way out for symptoms from the cut but benzos are so unpredictable.

Trishy I think watching the news so much is not good for your poor psyche. Do you have erosion salts? Tomorrow evening take a nice warm bath and skip the news!

Love you all. Off to snuggle kitty 🐱

Olive Kitty

Thankyou so much for the warm welcome, yes I’m not the norm when it comes to sx, seems to take awhile, I get the aches etc mild stuff but usually get a little slammed at the 10 week mark. So far I am handling it quite well.

Hopefully I will familiarise myself with everyone on the board, only a couple around that I remember gardner was one and Builder another, everyone else has now moved on and rightly so.

Mary sorry to hear of your migraine, hope it eases off soon.

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Val l could live anywhere and l must say l am delighted l live in the country at this time.l am more concerned about what the future will look like personally l believe we are going to get hit and hit hard.Sadly there really isn't anything good about any of this.Awe well we will just have to face whatever we must face and do what we can.Look after yourself and your daughter.love you.X

Morning Suzy l am not going to advise you on your relationship however you must weigh up the good and the bad.l know it is hard to do but you will see things more clearly as time passes.l must say l probably wouldn't be very patient with people going through withdrawal it is hard for everyone.l think it is up to you what you do.l walked away from a ten year relationship when l began my taper as l knew he wouldn't be able to handle it and also because l knew l couldn't sustain a relationship during withdrawal.l have to say l really don't regret my decision.Just do your best honey and try not to talk about withdrawal too much it does get old very quickly.love you.X

Morning Trish that is good news honey.l knew he would be exempt with his COPD.Now honey please try to curb your shopping this is going to be a time when we need to be frugile as there are going to be tough times ahead for us all.l believe you will be grand.Yes l am being careful however l am not being obsessive.l absolutely hate living like this however l am abiding by the rules.l hope the kids are well? love you my lST X

Morning Olive glad to hear from you.l hope your mom is doing well?l know you are coping better than most when they finish their taper so woohoo 🎊🎉. Keep on keeping on.love you.X

Morning lady Mary how very dare you l will not be passing on the title of lady your it 😡. You and my twiny are getting too cocky 😉.l am sorry Tim can't be at home however a lot of people don't have that luxury and l believe he will do everything possible to keep you safe.Try not to worry honey.l would imagine a lot of people are getting headaches etc at this time.l hope you feel better today my lovely.Everything ok this end.Love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Intend Gilly Valley Free Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu Bill GP Troch and everyone here sending you my love.X

Morning Gypsy you were here not so long ago so welcome back honey.l think really everyone has their own normal so if this is normal for you then that's ok.l never am without withdrawal symptoms so that has to be accepted as my normal.l found the lower l have gotten the longer it has taken for the withdrawal symptoms to really hit me.Why l have no idea however that is my normal.l have found about 3 months into a hold l would have an uptick in withdrawal.

I think also you have a lot of responsibility which adds to the stress levels and ofcourse the pandemic is causing a lot of anxiety for most.Hang in there honey this will pass.love to you.X

Morning Gypsy you were here not so long ago so welcome back honey.l think really everyone has their own normal so if this is normal for you then that's ok.l never am without withdrawal symptoms so that has to be accepted as my normal.l found the lower l have gotten the longer it has taken for the withdrawal symptoms to really hit me.Why l have no idea however that is my normal.l have found about 3 months into a hold l would have an uptick in withdrawal.

I think also you have a lot of responsibility which adds to the stress levels and ofcourse the pandemic is causing a lot of anxiety for most.Hang in there honey this will pass.love to you.X

Stut

Thank you so much for your kind words, I agree entirely with you as I am the same the lower I go the longer it takes for the withdrawal to kick in. However at this stage they are still doable so another long hold in store for me especially with what is going on in the world, we are all doing it hard to some degree, it’s nice to have some moral support in here.

It’s quite scary but I have a brief look at the news in the morning and at night but in between I turn it off as it is just too distressing.

I have to be extremely careful as my husband has a lung disease after a complication with pneumonia but the naturopath thankfully has that under control so much so that the drs are baffled as there is no cure.  So yes lots on my plate but this too shall pass.

Goodnight everyone

Luv n hugs

Stut

Thank you so much for your kind words, I agree entirely with you as I am the same the lower I go the longer it takes for the withdrawal to kick in. However at this stage they are still doable so another long hold in store for me especially with what is going on in the world, we are all doing it hard to some degree, it’s nice to have some moral support in here.

It’s quite scary but I have a brief look at the news in the morning and at night but in between I turn it off as it is just too distressing.

I have to be extremely careful as my husband has a lung disease after a complication with pneumonia but the naturopath thankfully has that under control so much so that the drs are baffled as there is no cure.  So yes lots on my plate but this too shall pass.

Goodnight everyone

Luv n hugs

We are here my lovely so drop in anytime.Sweet dreams and stay safe.Xo

Hi everyone,

Time for another update.

Still having a lot of issues:  stomach pain, nausea, neuropathy in feet, fatigue / exhaustion,  terrible sleep, cold spells,  hot cheeks.

Anxiety in the early hours of the morning.  Could these symptoms all be withdrawal?

My GP has made an appointment for me to see the stomach/ liver/ bowel specialist again. I think I might have SIBO. Sure have a lot of its symptoms. Any of you have it?

Having a talk on the phone with my psychologist as well as my psychiatrist tomorrow.

Don't watch the news anymore,  don't read the newspaper.  This CV is getting on my nerves,  like it does for most of you, I guess.

I have a fairly large garden, so can still get outside, even in case of a lockdown.

Hope you're all doing a bit better.

Stay save. Keep your distance.

[b6...]