Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I heard a Dr say this morning, he uses the term "physical distancing instead of social because people may understand that better, I liked it better too.  People can still be social on FB, twitter, Skype etc;, but physical distancing means Staying Apart!!  Maybe that will sink in for some of the people that just don't seem to get it.      Love you all, Mary

Vali, see you reading girlfriend, we would all love to hear from you, even if just a short post.

We miss you and love you and your daughter.  I know you are being safe.  Mary  :smitten: :smitten:

I heard a Dr say this morning, he uses the term "physical distancing instead of social because people may understand that better, I liked it better too.  People can still be social on FB, twitter, Skype etc;, but physical distancing means Staying Apart!!  Maybe that will sink in for some of the people that just don't seem to get it.      Love you all, Mary

I agree. I have heard that term many times now and I think it fits. We are social creatures and need that as human beings. We can be in touch without actually being in " touch" lol!!

Omg Mary I have been having a party on FB bashing the hell out of agent orange. I've noticed that I'm not getting many likes when I bash you know who.. Do they actually like him?? That concerns me bc come November we really need a normal, intelligent, stable human being in control. I used to shy away from posting such things but I'm so angry about current leadership that I'm not holding back anymore.

Hope all is well with your sister in law 🙏🙄

Love ya,

TT ❤️

Vali, see you reading girlfriend, we would all love to hear from you, even if just a short post.

We miss you and love you and your daughter.  I know you are being safe.  Mary  :smitten: :smitten:

I'm OK Mary. Just too depressed to post and too busy trying to make my online classes work and trying to get students. Take care.

I agree. I have heard that term many times now and I think it fits. We are social creatures and need that as human beings. We can be in touch without actually being in " touch" lol!!

Omg Mary I have been having a party on FB bashing the hell out of agent orange. I've noticed that I'm not getting many likes when I bash you know who.. Do they actually like him?? That concerns me bc come November we really need a normal, intelligent, stable human being in control. I used to shy away from posting such things but I'm so angry about current leadership that I'm not holding back anymore.

Hope all is well with your sister in law 🙏🙄

Love ya,

TT ❤️

I will never understand anything less than I have understood the support for him, but especially now.  He knew in January, January, so all the deaths and the continuation of deaths are imo, his fault.  People begged him to start protecting the US with ordering supplies from other countries, start testing, get ahead of the curve, he did nothing.  I don't know, does Facebook a politics policy?  Which this isn't or shouldn't be.  But don't get yourself all worked up and anxious, it won't help you.  You need as much calm as you can find.  But don't think I don't understand, I do  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Hi everyone,

I just heard eyes are a sx. Like conjunctivitisoor pink eye. My eyes have been a mess. Kind of crust and i had pink eye last week. . Omg.i am not sure wwhat to do.

I have been getting gone too long, my friends. We lost my brother in law last week. Not from covid. He had been ill for a long time and were glad his suffering came to an end. I know you are all facing hard the added stress of the pandemic on top of the ungodly stress of just an average day in withdrawal. Thinking of you, cousin, and praying for Tim’s family. Trishy, I am so sorry for your loss. Be safe, and know you are in my heart now. You, too, Stut, FH, DD, Val, all of you. I love you all, Espy

Hi Espy. I've hardly read any posts but I'm reading this. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please stay safe. 🙏💕

I just called the dr. They said not to worry. It's most likely allergies and most likely ppl. May get it in one form or another. The sx. Would just be mild. This devil virus!

Always thinking of you v! Love you ❤❤❤🙏

Thank you dear one. I think of you so often too. It's just that the situation here has me not in the mood of posting. Don't go out for anything dd. Avoid getting this virus. Every country did the same. They only lock people down when it's too late. I'd rather get the virus when hospitals are no longer collapsed. Now we're locked down but we should've been locked down two months ago and many mistakes have been made.

Hi v,

I understand. It's hard to post. I feel as this is causing alot of depression. Who wouldn't. I am staying in. I ask in an isolated spot and that's it  I agree, if I had to go to the hospital now, I don't know how I would handle it. I'm glad you are home and safe. Praying this virus dies off soon. I think of you all 5he time. Love you Suzy

Hi everyone,

I just heard eyes are a sx. Like conjunctivitisoor pink eye. My eyes have been a mess. Kind of crust and i had pink eye last week. . Omg.i am not sure wwhat to do.

Our eyes have been a mess since way before virus DD.  Are you coughing, have a fever, trouble breathing, they have said aches are just horrible, especially back .  My guess you just have the same old crap benzo eye issues.  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi mm,

No other sx. Phew. That freaked me out. The nurse said I didn't need to worry. I feel the same ole benzo sx. It's just that I had pink eye. It's gone but my eyes have been having alot of sleep in them and red and pain.  :o :o

It's probably a bleach sx! I'm sure it must irritate the eyes along with everything else.

Try to not get any bleach anywhere near them. My eyes are doing the weak thing right now.  I had to take a break from all the cleaning and washing clothes and stuff.  By afternoon yesterday, I was really hurting again.  So Tim did a quick job before he went golfing 🏌.  He is outside with his favorite brother doing one of his favorite things.  He deserves it  ;D:D. I am not easy to live with without CV

:laugh::D

You try to calm down, we are right here with you.  ;).  Love you DD, MM!!  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Fh,

How are you? Is you rash better. Please stay safe. Ly dd

Hi DD,

My rash is a little better but still here. I think it's from the meds or a reaction to something.  Using for one a non cortisone creme bit will switch back to cortisone if needed. 

I can't remember where you live DD but on NY they are offering free mental health services.  I imagine that will happen in other states.  10,000 therapists volunteered here to offer support.  It's out there if anyone needs it.

I'm mentioning it to you because I know you have been disappointed by your current therapist.

Beautiful day outside here today, mid 60's. Rich and I took a walk and it was wonderful. We're going to take another one in a couple hrs. Walking outside makes it almost feel like all is right in the world.. Wish it were 😔

Love to all,

TT ❤️

Hi Fh,

How are you? Is you rash better. Please stay safe. Ly dd

Hi DD,

My rash is a little better but still here. I think it's from the meds or a reaction to something.  Using for one a non cortisone creme bit will switch back to cortisone if needed. 

I can't remember where you live DD but on NY they are offering free mental health services.  I imagine that will happen in other states.  10,000 therapists volunteered here to offer support.  It's out there if anyone needs it.

I'm mentioning it to you because I know you have been disappointed by your current therapist.

FH, your governor is wonderful. I watch him everyday on CNN. Would love it if we had that kind of leadership in the Whitehouse. Cuomo is all over this!

DD lives is Mass. and that's a wonderful idea! I didn't know the mental health was for everyone but that's great if it is.

Cuomo is the bomb though..

I really appreciate all your kind words, dear ones. We are all going to need each other now, more than ever. The world at large may be about to face something they have no idea could be coming. I take no joy in saying this, but we have had the misfortune to learn what happens to human beings when they are faced with overwhelming fear, isolation, the absence of reliable information, and the betrayal of institutions in which they placed their trust. People can deal with terrible things in the short term. But, it gets a lot harder as time goes on, especially if there is no identifiable end point. That has been my life for two years. It is all our lives after Benzos. It is the unknown timeline that breaks the spirit. The virus is not just horrifying in itself, but the uncertainty of how it will play out will be additional trauma to everyone’s mental health. I hope so very much that what is happening now is not the tip of the iceberg. Maybe it will begin to die down. Maybe a therapeutic drug is in our reach. And maybe we in the US will stop drinking the Kool Aid. America is a lot like B.B.  If we want to survive, we will have to figure it out ourselves. Our “doctor” doesn’t know 💩. Love you all and stay strong. Espy

Just want to add that I have the eye problem too. I wake up with crusty stuff on my lashes and have itchy patches on lids and below. Looked it up. Benzo sxs! The gift that keeps on giving. Hydrocortisone cream 1% and keeping hands away helps. Not much is absorbed. It didn’t bother me and I have used it several times. Espy

Just want to add that I have the eye problem too. I wake up with crusty stuff on my lashes and have itchy patches on lids and below. Looked it up. Benzo sxs! The gift that keeps on giving. Hydrocortisone cream 1% and keeping hands away helps. Not much is absorbed. It didn’t bother me and I have used it several times. Espy

Love you COUSIN, please keep checking in, we do need each other.  :mybuddy: :mybuddy: :hug:

Mary

Thanks Fh,

I will look into that. It's good to know. I'm staying pretty calm. Surprisingly. The eye thing kind of freaked me out. Glad your rash is letting up a bit.

Espy, it must be benzos along with allergies. I am going to try some hydrocortisone.

Mm,

I can taste bleach. So gross. Everything is clean though. Glad Tim is golfing. Its beu68ful out here, so I bet it 8s even nicer in TX!!

Thanks Fh,

I will look into that. It's good to know. I'm staying pretty calm. Surprisingly. The eye thing kind of freaked me out. Glad your rash is letting up a bit.

Espy, it must be benzos along with allergies. I am going to try some hydrocortisone.

Mm,

I can taste bleach. So gross. Everything is clean though. Glad Tim is golfing. Its beu68ful out here, so I bet it 8s even nicer in TX!!

It was pretty here today and he needs a break, although he could hardly walk when he got home and it was 90 degrees.  It's been awhile since him and his brother got to golf, and they both sucked.

:laugh: :laugh:  Usually they take a cart, but only 1 person per cart because of virus so they thought they they'd be men and walk.    :D. 🏌

I really appreciate all your kind words, dear ones. We are all going to need each other now, more than ever. The world at large may be about to face something they have no idea could be coming. I take no joy in saying this, but we have had the misfortune to learn what happens to human beings when they are faced with overwhelming fear, isolation, the absence of reliable information, and the betrayal of institutions in which they placed their trust. People can deal with terrible things in the short term. But, it gets a lot harder as time goes on, especially if there is no identifiable end point. That has been my life for two years. It is all our lives after Benzos. It is the unknown timeline that breaks the spirit. The virus is not just horrifying in itself, but the uncertainty of how it will play out will be additional trauma to everyone’s mental health. I hope so very much that what is happening now is not the tip of the iceberg. Maybe it will begin to die down. Maybe a therapeutic drug is in our reach. And maybe we in the US will stop drinking the Kool Aid. America is a lot like B.B.  If we want to survive, we will have to figure it out ourselves. Our “doctor” doesn’t know 💩. Love you all and stay strong. Espy

Espy what a wise post. Take care 😘😘🙏

[b2...]