Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I have been getting gone too long, my friends. We lost my brother in law last week. Not from covid. He had been ill for a long time and were glad his suffering came to an end. I know you are all facing hard the added stress of the pandemic on top of the ungodly stress of just an average day in withdrawal. Thinking of you, cousin, and praying for Tim’s family. Trishy, I am so sorry for your loss. Be safe, and know you are in my heart now. You, too, Stut, FH, DD, Val, all of you. I love you all, Espy

Hi mm,

Jim is ok. A little jumpy and annoying. He is been a little better. I had a phone appt with my psych. Dr. She always makes me want to cry and doubt myself. She says things like I need to move forward and she and my therapist couldnt get thru to me when I first showed up. Well, I was a mess. When I tell her a sx of inter tension, she gets mad, like I'm making it up. I need to let this go. She said maybe my thyroid was the problem when I told her was on le levothyroxine. She said its the only thing that makes sense to her that could be causing me problems. She can get mean and tell me we could keep guessing. Wtf. I only wanted to know what inner tension could be. It makes me doubt t myself ha and maybe it's not the enzo, but it has to be. I have only gotten better becuz of bb not them

It's the benzo DD.  Too many people have that same symptom.  You are doing everything you can sweetheart.  I think FH is one that has the inner trembling, if I am not mistaken.  I am glad Jim is acting some better, the would help you both a lot.  Nobody gets it, until they live it.  My new motto is I hate wiping and benzo's!!  ;). But I think it is doing the clothes washing and drying more.  I have to lean so far over to put the clothes in the dryer and get them out.  I can feel it pull from way down my back and sides  :tickedoff:  But crap, you are right, we just have to keep on doing it.  Love you girlfriend.  Thinking of you!!    :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks mm,

She gets me so upset. I dont even bring it up much. She gets mad. I hope the pins and needles aren't bad circulation. I have do e so much cleaning ing and laundry too!  Oh, the laundry is a killer! Ooch!! Wiping and benzos suck!  :laugh: I just have to boil some spaghetti and I'm done for the day. That's even stressing g me out! Crazy! Love you stay safe keep wiping! Oh, and mousturize!!!  :thumbsup:

I am sorry tt,

I will keep them in my prayers and hope it's a regular cold. This is truly horrible. Be safe. Ly dd

Thank you DD, last I heard he had developed a bad headache with the fever. That was a few hours ago. My niece has called his Dr for guidance on what to do? He is just 6 yrs old.

I am very concerned at this time bc the reporting from Sanjay Gupta this morning was the after affects after recovery. 1 in 5 get heart damage and lung damage is also a possibility. I cannnnnnnt take this especially when children are involved. I don't know if this new information includes children but I have to find out. I hope I didn't scare anyone with that info. But I figure there is no hiding from this it's all over the news and everywhere you look.

A young man 36 died in my town from CV he had underlying health problems.

Stay safe this is really nasty.

TT ❤️

Hey everyone , hope you are keeping safe. 

I found out this morning my sil, married to Tim's younger brother, probably has CV.  She got sick a week or so ago, when her symptoms started anyway, so she waited and followed the rules until she felt she had to go to Dr.  He ran all tests he could and told her she qualified to go to hospital to get tested, but advised against it.  Said she would more than likely sit there all day and still not get test.

Thanks to our wonderful Governor Abbot.  He sent her home to isolate in her room, away from family.

She is sick but surviving.  She has always been one to catch things and so does their son.  So everyone is afraid for him.  He has had a slight fever but no other symptoms and feels okay.  Please keep them in your thoughts.  It really shocks your system when it's a relative.  :(

I've been up and busy wiping and doing laundry all morning, trying to keep my mind  off it.  Now my back hurts  :tickedoff: :

Several people I have seen on tv, say they really hurt, terrible back pain.  Now I don't mind telling you, that scares me :-\. I can't imagine being locked in my bedroom with my back hurting any worse.

I have to have faith, that isn't going to happen  :). Enough sad stuff!

Please be careful, take your shoes off at the door.....try to watch something funny everyday.  Smiling and laughing can help so much.  Trishy, hope you family is doing better.  Please keep us posted.

Love you all LHSG, Mary 💜💜💜💜

That's terrible Mary. Prayers for your sil🙏.. I'm one of those people too. I get frequent upper respiratory sh*t but I'm hoping that was just a job hazard from working with kids so those years and not the norm for me.

Stay safe and keep us posted about your sil. ❤️

Oh tt,

I am so sorry. They do say children usually do not get the virus. Please keep us posted. 1😥 This sure is a nasty virus. Stay safe. Ly dd ❤❤

Trishy,

All the data I have seen on kids is that most kids are not heavily affected by this. My cousin who is a nurse said they only had four pediatric inpatient cases and none were in the ICU.

I know I totally freaked out when I heard a 17 year old died somewhere in US from this yesterday. That is my son's age. My son told me to stop watching the news and I think he is right. I think I will just listen to our governor's daily press conference.

Tonight we pick up our groceries. My husband watched a Youtube video I sent him on how to clean your groceries before they are put away, and surprisingly he was on board with all that. And he stayed up until midnight to get us a spot for next week's shopping. We couldn't get pick up so it will be delivery which is a little more scary as it is random people shopping for us, but I still think it is better than going to the grocery store. I apologized to him today for being just so overwhelmingly crazy with the anxiety and all that is going on and I told him it is just so hard for me to let go of all of this. One of the things with all of this--my son's illness and now this virus--I just feel like I can't keep anyone safe.

I hurt my back working out this morning and in so much pain. Will go for a walk soon.

I hope everyone can take good care of themselves. Go outside if you can even if it is just to stand outside for a few minutes.

Nj,

I haven't been watching the news. Just here and there. It just creates so much anxiety. Just stay away from ppl and keep cleaning. I feel we are safe this way. Glad you are taking a walk. Believe me I gave my moments! Ask anyone. Take it a day at a time. Little by slowly things will get better. ❤❤🙏

Trishy,

All the data I have seen on kids is that most kids are not heavily affected by this. My cousin who is a nurse said they only had four pediatric inpatient cases and none were in the ICU.

I know I totally freaked out when I heard a 17 year old died somewhere in US from this yesterday. That is my son's age. My son told me to stop watching the news and I think he is right. I think I will just listen to our governor's daily press conference.

Tonight we pick up our groceries. My husband watched a Youtube video I sent him on how to clean your groceries before they are put away, and surprisingly he was on board with all that. And he stayed up until midnight to get us a spot for next week's shopping. We couldn't get pick up so it will be delivery which is a little more scary as it is random people shopping for us, but I still think it is better than going to the grocery store. I apologized to him today for being just so overwhelmingly crazy with the anxiety and all that is going on and I told him it is just so hard for me to let go of all of this. One of the things with all of this--my son's illness and now this virus--I just feel like I can't keep anyone safe.

I hurt my back working out this morning and in so much pain. Will go for a walk soon.

I hope everyone can take good care of themselves. Go outside if you can even if it is just to stand outside for a few minutes.

Hi NJ,

I know the virus so far seems to be far kinder to children under age 20. I think it's the new information that's coming in from the data that's been collected from China. We learn something new everyday. I try to keep up with all of it bc I believe knowledge is power and what ya don't know is what will hurt you. I do have to take mental health breaks though from all the news, it can really wear me down.

I'm so glad your hubby is cooperating with you, lots of men are being very cavalier about this. It's good when you have your husband on board with what you're doing to keep everyone safe, it lessens the stress.

Uhggg.. groceries! I have no idea what I'm going to do about that. Like I said I'm getting most of what I need on line but things like eggs, produce, meat..I really need to go in the store for that stuff 🤦‍♀️

Started watching a TV series on Netflix last night for distraction called fleabag so far we like it, a little weird but love the humor in it lol I think this is going to be a lot like benzo wd in the sense that distraction is going to be our big weapon against this along with hand washing.. Lots and lots of hand washing.🙄

Trishy,

NJ, I am so glad your husband studied how to clean the groceries and ordered the next delivery for you and your family.  My husband is not looking at me as crazy as before, I think it finally sunk in, everything we do, keeps us a little safer.  LY, Mary 💜💜

I have been getting gone too long, my friends. We lost my brother in law last week. Not from covid. He had been ill for a long time and were glad his suffering came to an end. I know you are all facing hard the added stress of the pandemic on top of the ungodly stress of just an average day in withdrawal. Thinking of you, cousin, and praying for Tim’s family. Trishy, I am so sorry for your loss. Be safe, and know you are in my heart now. You, too, Stut, FH, DD, Val, all of you. I love you all, Espy

Oh espy, I am so sorry.  That piled on all this other, is just too much.  Life keeps bulldozing a long no matter what is happening in our world.  I really hope you are staying safe.  I am so sorry for your sister.  Did they at least let her say goodbye?  They aren't letting any of the CV families even say goodbye, I honestly could not bear that.  We miss you ,Cousin.  I hope your wd symptoms are not awful.  How and where is your husband?  I hope he is safe and not on the front lines.  Please, please stay as safe as possible.  Your Hillbilly Cousin, Mary..  :smitten: :smitten:

Hello my dear friend. We have missed you around here. I'm so terribly sorry to read of your brother in law's passing. My heart goes out to you and your family. It's awful too watch a loved one suffer.

I'm not sure what loss your talking about my friend, I lost my dog over the summer but that's it. My 6 yr old great nephew has a fever and a headache not sure what he's got but I hope not covid. These are hard times E.. could use some of that good ol kentucky moonshine 😉

I hope you're staying safe, so glad you checked in with us.

We all love you please stay home and take care of yourself.

Trishy ❤️

Hello my dear friend. We have missed you around here. I'm so terribly sorry to read of your brother in law's passing. My heart goes out to you and your family. It's awful too watch a loved one suffer.

I'm not sure what loss your talking about my friend, I lost my dog over the summer but that's it. My 6 yr old great nephew has a fever and a headache not sure what he's got but I hope not covid. These are hard times E.. could use some of that good ol kentucky moonshine 😉

I hope you're staying safe, so glad you checked in with us.

We all love you please stay home and take care of yourself.

Trishy ❤️

Trish and all of Group

Marigold just started a recipe thread to try new things while stuck at home, it's gone crazy  :laugh: :laugh:  People connecting and distracting at same time  :D:smitten: :smitten:

Hi everyone,

Just catching up, I have been taking a BB break, it can ramp up my anxiety a bit but I do also want to stay connected. Stut, I am so sorry to hear about your kitty, it is one of the hardest things in life, losing a pet. Sox is now your guardian forever.  :'(

Mary I hope your migraine passes, Troch I'm sorry you are having a rough time, but glad you get some afternoon relief.

Trishy, sending good thought to your grandson. I watched that grocery handling video too and I think we will start to implement it. My mom has been pretty casual about the virus threat this whole time and have I felt silly taking all of the precautions that I do, but she is the one who sent me that video so we are going to start doing it. Better to be safe than sorry. I'm glad she's totally on board now.

Espy, good to hear from you. I'm so sorry about your brother in law, what a rough time for your family. Sending you guys love. Suzy, you seem like you are handing this all very well, I am impressed. Avoiding the news is very helpful for one's mental health. NJ, I hope your nausea goes away soon, that is the worst. I had very bad nausea for about a year+ and it was my worst symptom. Absolutely debilitating. Thinking good thoughts for your son. Final Healing, you are absolutely right, 95% of people recover, it is good to keep that as a mantra. I hope your back feels better tomorrow.

I am doing alright, I have had a mellow couple of days, tried to stay away from the news, and I've been connecting with friends online over Zoom and FaceTime, working my job from home (as always), watching lots of live concerts and shows, taking online movement classes, walking the woods, and trying to keep the dread at bay. Last night I played a board game over Zoom with 3 of my friends! One silver lining form all of this is how connected I feel to my friends even though we are quarantined. Like you, I have spent the last few years in relative isolation and now all of a sudden there are so many people in isolation with me! (online). You can't have FOMO if there is nothing to MO on!

Love you all.

Hi everyone,

Just catching up, I have been taking a BB break, it can ramp up my anxiety a bit but I do also want to stay connected. Stut, I am so sorry to hear about your kitty, it is one of the hardest things in life, losing a pet. Sox is now your guardian forever.  :'(

Mary I hope your migraine passes, Troch I'm sorry you are having a rough time, but glad you get some afternoon relief.

Trishy, sending good thought to your grandson. I watched that grocery handling video too and I think we will start to implement it. My mom has been pretty casual about the virus threat this whole time and have I felt silly taking all of the precautions that I do, but she is the one who sent me that video so we are going to start doing it. Better to be safe than sorry. I'm glad she's totally on board now.

Espy, good to hear from you. I'm so sorry about your brother in law, what a rough time for your family. Sending you guys love. Suzy, you seem like you are handing this all very well, I am impressed. Avoiding the news is very helpful for one's mental health. NJ, I hope your nausea goes away soon, that is the worst. I had very bad nausea for about a year+ and it was my worst symptom. Absolutely debilitating. Thinking good thoughts for your son. Final Healing, you are absolutely right, 95% of people recover, it is good to keep that as a mantra. I hope your back feels better tomorrow.

I am doing alright, I have had a mellow couple of days, tried to stay away from the news, and I've been connecting with friends online over Zoom and FaceTime, working my job from home (as always), watching lots of live concerts and shows, taking online movement classes, walking the woods, and trying to keep the dread at bay. Last night I played a board game over Zoom with 3 of my friends! One silver lining form all of this is how connected I feel to my friends even though we are quarantined. Like you, I have spent the last few years in relative isolation and now all of a sudden there are so many people in isolation with me! (online). You can't have FOMO if there is nothing to MO on!

Love you all.

Thank you Olive yes it is difficult to loose our pet and as much as you know it is coming it is always a shock.l am ok now l appear to adapt very quickly which is good.l think we all must do what we can to look after our mental health.l am glad your mother has you at this time.l am not cleaning my shopping l will continue to keep surfaces etc clean and ofcourse l will wash my veg and fruit which l do anyway.Other than no.l think we all must do what we think is right.You are doing so well Olive l have to say.Keep on keeping on honey.love you.X

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Trish how is your niece and great nephew?l am praying for them my love.l know they will be grand.We will have to get used to this and we will adapt.l know this is scary however Final is correct.l would imagine even higher than 95 % as we have no idea how many have had the virus and recovered.Try to be vigilant honey we will get through this and normality will return.Hopefully a better normality.Love you my lST X

Morning Lady Mary awe pet she will be grand.Keep us posted.Try not to panic this too shall pass.Look after yourself and please rest your back.My girl is home until next week so l will be spending a bit of quality time with her.Stay well hen.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Esperanza oh l am so glad to read your post.l do worry about you my love.l am so sorry for your loss l know it is a relief when the suffering ends however l am sure you miss him.How is your husband is he on the front line? Please let us know how you are.love you my hillbilly friend.X

Morning Suzy do you think you will cope with Jim being there all the time?l honestly think we will see a lot of divorces when this is over.l am ok pet can't say l am that scared l know that sounds weird but that's me 😁.Stay well honey.love you.X

Morning Final you do sound a lot better?l hope so.I think keeping this real is the best way to cope.l hope you keep walking in peace and quiet.love to you.X

Morning NJ that is good that your husband is stepping up.You are not alone honey and really it is a team effort.l do think your son is right take a step back from the news.You will get through this honey.Stay well.love to you.X

Morning Free Intend GP Gilly Valley Meems Bill Miyu Nova Mags Troch and everyone here sending you my love X

Morning Val thinking of you honey.A little message would be appreciated if you are up to it.love to you and your daughter.X

Hi all,

Hope we all stay save.

A few questions :

Does anyone have bad nausea?  and if so,  what are your remedies to make it go away?

A terrible nausea ( every morning, all morning long) is making my life hell at the moment. I have had nausea since the beginning of my taper (13,months ago now), but it's becoming almost unbearable. What do I do to make it go away or at least less overwhelming?

Hope to get some answers.

Hi all,

Hope we all stay save.

A few questions :

Does anyone have bad nausea?  and if so,  what are your remedies to make it go away?

A terrible nausea ( every morning, all morning long) is making my life hell at the moment. I have had nausea since the beginning of my taper (13,months ago now), but it's becoming almost unbearable. What do I do to make it go away or at least less overwhelming?

Hope to get some answers.

Morning Troch, I haven't had it, but you could be putting your question on Withdrawal Support Group, lots more people read there, and also the search engine under your avatar probably has a lot of information.  Good luck, thinking about you, Mary  :smitten: :smitten:

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Trish how is your niece and great nephew?l am praying for them my love.l know they will be grand.We will have to get used to this and we will adapt.l know this is scary however Final is correct.l would imagine even higher than 95 % as we have no idea how many have had the virus and recovered.Try to be vigilant honey we will get through this and normality will return.Hopefully a better normality.Love you my lST X

Morning Lady Mary awe pet she will be grand.Keep us posted.Try not to panic this too shall pass.Look after yourself and please rest your back.My girl is home until next week so l will be spending a bit of quality time with her.Stay well hen.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Esperanza oh l am so glad to read your post.l do worry about you my love.l am so sorry for your loss l know it is a relief when the suffering ends however l am sure you miss him.How is your husband is he on the front line? Please let us know how you are.love you my hillbilly friend.X

Morning Suzy do you think you will cope with Jim being there all the time?l honestly think we will see a lot of divorces when this is over.l am ok pet can't say l am that scared l know that sounds weird but that's me 😁.Stay well honey.love you.X

Morning Final you do sound a lot better?l hope so.I think keeping this real is the best way to cope.l hope you keep walking in peace and quiet.love to you.X

Morning NJ that is good that your husband is stepping up.You are not alone honey and really it is a team effort.l do think your son is right take a step back from the news.You will get through this honey.Stay well.love to you.X

Morning Free Intend GP Gilly Valley Meems Bill Miyu Nova Mags Troch and everyone here sending you my love X

Morning Val thinking of you honey.A little message would be appreciated if you are up to it.love to you and your daughter.X

Morning twin,

My niece is good and her son, my great nephew is fever free this morning. The Dr ordered him a covid19 test which panicked my niece so that led to a telehealth visit. After that visit they decided his symtoms were not as concerning and to just watch and wait. So hopefully he will remain fever free 🙄🙏

So glad your girl will be with you! I wish I could be with mine and my grandchildren. I miss them so much. But this will pass and hopefully we make it out healthy. I heard johnson has the CV.. the us is now leading globally with the most cases. We have great leadership here 🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤦‍♀️

Be well, stay home and wash, wash, wash.. I'm not wiping my groceries either but definitely surfaces, handles, door knobs etc..

Love you,

LST ❤️

Morning Mary,

I'm definitely going to check out marigolds recipes! My pants aren't tight enough yet 🙄😜😂

I would love to get some recipes, it was good idea by her👍

Love ya,

TT ❤️

Stut, I am crushed begood is pups favorie Auntie  :'( :'( :D.    I told kit, Joe couldn't keep up with work because he was watching porn and the real Amira , won't let him use the computer, she is jealous  :laugh: :laugh:  But you were right, he was probably looking in the mirror  ;):laugh: :laugh:

Glad your daughter will be with you, is your brother doing okay?  I did too much last 6 or 7 days, my back, neck, and shoulders caught up with me and I was hurting.  So Tim is doing cleaning today, very quickly  :P. And then is off to golf.  Golf courses are empty so it is easy to "physical " distance and taking wipes.  The golf courses encourage you to walk, only 1 person to golf cart , and have taken everything that's normally on golf course you touch off, except the flags.  So Tim always wears one golf glove, going to take some others with him.    Let's hope that sounds as easy and works out as well as he thinks.  He has already promised, if he gets there and there is more people than he thought, he will quit and come home.  Love you my Queen, please be safe.  Pets to the babies even if I am only an after thought  :P :P.  💚💚💚💚.  Lady Mary X Hen.  🐥🐥🐥🐥.    🐕🐶🐾🐾🐾

Morning Mary,

I'm definitely going to check out marigolds recipes! My pants aren't tight enough yet 🙄😜😂

I would love to get some recipes, it was good idea by her👍

Love ya,

TT ❤️

At the same time she was posting her thread, I was asking begood and Cona , recipes for salmon, I mean at exactly the same time, so I just copied my response from begood on that thread, and it just got busy as hell.  It was funny  :laugh:  people connecting and distracting, to distract more later cooking.  Lol, lol.  That's a win win.  So glad to hear your family is improving.  Tim will be calling about our sil this afternoon.  Will keep everyone posted.  Love ya Too Many, MM.  :smitten: :smitten:

[09...]