Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Trishy,

I know it's nerves. We are starting to see community spread in nursing homes here, which is where my mom is. I also order all groceries online and can't find a timeslot so I am going to have to go to the store. I just really want to minimize exposure for my son's sake. Our president saying he wants everything to reopen by Easter is also alarming.

I have people from other countries asking me about the Easter thing, they think the virus is calming down over here.  There are just no words for me to write about that  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:  I have a migraine, but it has been 15 days since my last one, so as bad as they are, I can't complain, 15 days is great for me , so time to be grateful. 

I hope all your family in medical jobs are keeping safe Trishy, and you and Rich  :smitten: :smitten:

NJ, will really keep hoping your mom and family are safe too

Love you both ladies, Trishy, using that term loosely with you  :D:laugh:  Mary  :smitten: :smitten:

A thought for Stut and Socks 🙏💜🙏💜🙏. 💘❣️💕💘❣️💕

Mary,

I didn't even see this post from you. Geeeshhh things are just awful.

I hope your migraine goes away quickly. I'm not surprised though, stressful times girlfriend.

Love you too lady.. You and Tim be careful. I'm watching governor Cuomo right now, just love him.

:mybuddy::hug:❤️🙏

Hi vali, Thinking of you and your daughter. Please stay safe. Check in only if you want. Ly dd 2❤❤❤🙏

Me too Vali  :smitten: :smitten:  Mary ❣️❣️❣️

Hi Stut,

So sorry about your cat!  :'(

Hope all the nice memories may comfort you.

Thanks for your wise words.

It's now 5 pm. and I feel so much better than this morning. I'm not going to post again in the morning,  because my mornings are always bad. Afternoon posts are a lot nicer to write and read.  ;)

Take care.

Glad you are feeling better Trouch ;):smitten: :smitten:

Oh mm, I love you too. Just trying to not let fear take over. It's awful I know. I hope your back and eye feel ok. All this cleaning is tough on the back. I guess it's good we are moving around. Stay calm and safe. Ly dd

Well, Tim helped me clean for first time.  Let's just say, he got done a lot quicker than me, so when he went to pick up meds at pharmacy, I ran around and did some of his over.  :laugh: :laugh:  I hate to keep nagging.  Every day I find something else I think needs wiping  >:(.

Now we are watching ET and having hotdogs  :D. Really wish this migraine would go away :(

Love all you guys.  GP, Espy, Vali, GillyBlossom, Lil, and anyone my migraine will let me remember, please be safe and touch base if possible.    :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

If anyone is able to do yoga or excercises I find it helps. We need to ki keep our bodies and minds strong and health❤❤😘

If anyone is able to do yoga or excercises I find it helps. We need to ki keep our bodies and minds strong and health❤❤😘

I love Yoga with Adrienne on Youtube. I have been exercising every day but today I am taking a rest day. Nauseous, dehydrated, this time when home just passes SO SLOW. Watched a few episodes of Grey's Anatomy with my son earlier while I was working and just cried my eyes out the episodes were so sad, but of course everything is just faw now so everything sets me off.

We are all in this together, which is some comfort. Val, I am thinking of you and hope you are managing as well as possible.

That's good NJ. I am going to look for her. This staying home is hard. I didn't get out much, but I could walk around stores. I am sorry you are not feeling well. All this anxiety makes the sx worse. See if you can find something funny. I always loved Everbody loves Raymond. Omg. That show is hillariuos. Hope things get back to normal soon. Stay safe. Ly dd

Hi everyone,. I'm a little on edge. My niece has a low grade fever and her 6 yr old son has a fever with a cough and he's nauseous. My heart is pounding. I think the only place she's been is the grocery store.

Im trying not to freak out right now but it's really hard.

Stut, I'm so sorry you lost Sox.  It's so hard when we a member  furry family member.  Their precense adds so much to our lives. I still my dog Jordy though as DD said time dose ease the pain. 

Mary, I'm sorry you are struggling with a migraine.  I really am hoping it passes soon.

I'm doing okayish.  I missed my nighttime  dose two nights ago and was very scared I would feel it.  I didn't feel so great this morning but it got better.  Took a walk with my husband ansncame back. 

The only news I watch is my govenor,  Governor Cuomo giving an dailu update.  He is straightforward and also reassurance that the social distancing is working. 

All I can say is that not watching the news has made a big difference.  Though my mood goes up and down, I am trying my best to stay level.  Having been in semi isolation from benzo withdrawal has helped prepare me for this. 

Take care, this will pass and we will all make it together. 

Hi everyone,. I'm a little on edge. My niece has a low grade fever and her 6 yr old son has a fever with a cough and he's nauseous. My heart is pounding. I think the only place she's been is the grocery store.

Oh Trishy, I am so sorry.  I know you are scared to death.  Anyone would be.  I don't know how you calm down but to breathe and pray.  Please let us know what is happening and know that we love you and are praying for both.  Hold on tight my friend,  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Trishy: I am sorry--I know all of this is so scary. My sister is pretty sure she has it. She is doing okay. Just feels like flu. Mostly most kids are doing ok. I know I have to go pick up my groceries (ordered in advance) and even that is spiking my anxiety. I hope it is nothing and that they both do well.

Morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Trish please stay calm they will get through this.l know the fear of this virus is overwhelming however we must remember for a majority of people this is not life threatening.Even for those that have weakened immune systems it isn't going to be fatal.We can only do our best to protect our loved ones.l know this isn't going to pass anytime soon however we will all get through this.Please know we are all going through this together and even those that don't suffer anxiety are suffering the same as we are.Stay strong honey.love you my lST X

I just want to thank everyone for their kindness to me it has really meant a lot.l think l was overwhelmed with the loss and the fear which is all around at this time.l have been out this morning and l am glad to say most people are doing what they have been asked to do.Ofcourse there are a few idiots however if any of them come near me l have told them to step back.l know a majority of people say it is the younger generation that are causing the problem however l have to say it is the over fifties that are not adhering to the social distancing policy.Anyway here's hoping for a less stressful day whatever that is.

Lady Mary, Intend Gilly Valley Free Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu Bill Val,GP, Suzy Troch Olive and everyone here sending you my love.Xo

Oh Trishy, I am so sorry.  I know you are scared to death.  Anyone would be.  I don't know how you calm down but to breathe and pray.  Please let us know what is happening and know that we love you and are praying for both.  Hold on tight my friend,  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Morning Mary,

Spoke with my niece this morning and she said her son ran a temp in the night, it went no higher than 101.7 she said other than that he feels fine. She herself feels fine today too. She said if he goes higher than the 101.7 today she will call his pediatrician. I trust her judgement bc she is a nurse. She does not work in the hospital she took a home job for the hospital 5 yrs ago so I'm very glad about that.

NJ,

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. Keep us updated on how she's doing. I've been praying for so many and I'll include her in my prayers as well. You stay safe and I really get how you feel about getting those groceries. I'm afraid to leave the door at all anymore. Rich and I have been taking rides the past two days and that's about it. I will continue to order all I can on line but even that freaks me out a little. The delivery people can be sick.. Who knows?

Hey twinny,

I'm doing my best to hold it together, not easy as it seems anxiety is with me so day. I do watch movies and clean through out the day. I have 0 energy though and I think it's depression. It's not severe but it's there. I know yesterday was very hard for you, you'll have your moments but how wonderful Sox had such a long life. I bet you have some very nice memories. I hope Sox gave you lots of joy. Fur babies are so precious. Thank you twin for the support. No matter what going on in your life you always find the time to reach out to all of us.❤️

Lots and lots of love to all of you, I love the LHSG and all the wonderful people I've met here. We will keep the faith and keep pressing on bc .. Well what choice do we have, right?

Trishy 💞💞💞❤️

Hey everyone , hope you are keeping safe. 

I found out this morning my sil, married to Tim's younger brother, probably has CV.  She got sick a week or so ago, when her symptoms started anyway, so she waited and followed the rules until she felt she had to go to Dr.  He ran all tests he could and told her she qualified to go to hospital to get tested, but advised against it.  Said she would more than likely sit there all day and still not get test.

Thanks to our wonderful Governor Abbot.  He sent her home to isolate in her room, away from family.

She is sick but surviving.  She has always been one to catch things and so does their son.  So everyone is afraid for him.  He has had a slight fever but no other symptoms and feels okay.  Please keep them in your thoughts.  It really shocks your system when it's a relative.  :(

I've been up and busy wiping and doing laundry all morning, trying to keep my mind  off it.  Now my back hurts  :tickedoff: :

Several people I have seen on tv, say they really hurt, terrible back pain.  Now I don't mind telling you, that scares me :-\. I can't imagine being locked in my bedroom with my back hurting any worse.

I have to have faith, that isn't going to happen  :). Enough sad stuff!

Please be careful, take your shoes off at the door.....try to watch something funny everyday.  Smiling and laughing can help so much.  Trishy, hope you family is doing better.  Please keep us posted.

Love you all LHSG, Mary 💜💜💜💜

Oh mm,

I am sorry. This virus sucks. I hope its a regular cold. I will be praying for them. I know it's scary but remember, you have always had the back pain and I'm sure the cleaning is making it worse. You dont ha e a fever or any other sx so I am sure you are fine. Plus, we d9nt go anywhere. I would say chances are low. Stay safe! Ly dd

Oh mm,

I am sorry. This virus sucks. I hope its a regular cold. I will be praying for them. I know it's scary but remember, you have always had the back pain and I'm sure the cleaning is making it worse. You dont ha e a fever or any other sx so I am sure you are fine. Plus, we d9nt go anywhere. I would say chances are low. Stay safe! Ly dd

Thanks DD, it just rocks you a little when it has hit your family.  She would be the last person on the planet you would think would get it.  She is OCD as hell and I know she was cleaning and wiping all day and following all the other rules.  Damn.  She does catch stuff easily though  :(. Love ya, you be safe!!  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Stut,

You seem better. I can see how anyone could be overwhelmed. I've had my days! Ong. I know its hard for you to stay home. It's a good distraction being busy and with family. Please be careful. Stay safe! Ly Suzy

Glad Tim is clear ing. Rest your back. It's weird, some ppl do get sick alot more. My Aunt does. I would be shook up too if a family member got it. Jim said a guy ge works with mother died from cv. she was in her 80s ot 90s. That shook me up. I think she was from Maine or Vermont.  Very very sad.

Glad Tim is clear ing. Rest your back. It's weird, some ppl do get sick alot more. My Aunt does. I would be shook up too if a family member got it. Jim said a guy ge works with mother died from cv. she was in her 80s ot 90s. That shook me up. I think she was from Maine or Vermont.  Very very sad.

It is sad, they probably wouldn't even allow him in the hospital to say goodbye.  That would be so horrible to be separated from your loved one and can't be near them.  Is Jim doing ok?  Hope you guys are getting a long good.  LY!

Mary, I know it's scary for your sil and your nephew.  Remember that 95% of people who get this virus recover.  I'm not making that number up, its actually in the data.

My lower back is sore too from sitting more and cleaning.  DD is suggestion to take your temperature is a good one.

Remember we all have benzo brains and its heightening everything we watch and experience.  In my opinion, we need to be vigilant about what else read and watch. 

Take care everyone.

Mary, I know it's scary for your sil and your nephew.  Remember that 95% of people who get this virus recover.  I'm not making that number up, its actually in the data.

My lower back is sore too from sitting more and cleaning.  DD is suggestion to take your temperature is a good one.

Remember we all have benzo brains and its heightening everything we watch and experience.  In my opinion, we need to be vigilant about what else read and watch. 

Take care everyone.

Thanks FH, I am calming myself down.  It just unsettled me for a few hours.    One thing I can say, I get a lot fine when I get anxious  :D :D.  Of course, I also get a back ache too, the one symptom that follows me everywhere  :tickedoff:  You be safe!!  LY :smitten:

[fb...]