Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Today my granddaughter Chelsea turned 6 and Rich and I could not celebrate with her. We drove up to my daughter's house and left the presents on their deck. My granddaughter looked out of the slider waving and jumping up and down with excitement. She went to open it to run to us and my daughter had to pull her back. Our hearts were broke.. We waved to her tears running down our eyes as we walked back to our car and drove away. 😭

My daughter made a video of her opening her presents. She was so excited opening them. She was screaming as she opened the first, my little ponies, "I wanted this for ages meme and Papa"! It was funny bc she has everything a kid could want.

If I make it out of this God forsaken nightmare alive I will never take the hugs, the kisses and the time together with my family every again. I will cherish every little moment.

Family is everything ❤️

Its snowing ! Hahaaaa!

Oh no!!    :D. It's 80 here and the sun just finally came out.  It was suppose to be really pretty all day, but it was drizzly and ugly unti 4 :). We really could use a complete sunny day, probably make us all feel better.  Snow, 🤢 Tim is going to be off the next 2 weeks, the city he works in, is shutting down,  he will work some from home.  It closes tonight at midnight.    I'm glad, it's just so unsafe right now and truly sometimes he says things that make me worry if he is being careful enough. >:(

That's so good Mary. I'm sure you're very relieved. You won't be alone and Tim will be safer.

Just waiting to hear the news briefing for today. The reporting is that president dumbo wants to loosen restrictions after the 15 days. He's more worried about the economy than human life. 🤬

New Jersey governor was on and said if president does that he's not following that. He will not loosen restrictions on new Jersey. I don't think New York or my State will follow that direction either.

Oh my governor probably will.  I hope not, but I have no faith in him at all.  TX is not doing what NY, CT are doing.  We are not getting what we need because he is afraid of Trump, not like Cuomo.  I am really disappointed.  And just don't understand how they can seem to care so little.  Amy Krobuchar's husband was really sick, but I believe he is recovering.  I didn't hear if he was in hospital.  A lot more senators will be sick because of Rand Paul.  How could he do that, he was a Dr?  Unbelievable.  And Trump could barely contain his happiness at Romney being self quarantined because of him.  Who is this person that runs our country?  :idiot: :idiot:

Today my granddaughter Chelsea turned 6 and Rich and I could not celebrate with her. We drove up to my daughter's house and left the presents on their deck. My granddaughter looked out of the slider waving and jumping up and down with excitement. She went to open it to run to us and my daughter had to pull her back. Our hearts were broke.. We waved to her tears running down our eyes as we walked back to our car and drove away. 😭

My daughter made a video of her opening her presents. She was so excited opening them. She was screaming as she opened the first, my little ponies, "I wanted this for ages meme and Papa"! It was funny bc she has everything a kid could want.

If I make it out of this God forsaken nightmare alive I will never take the hugs, the kisses and the time together with my family every again. I will cherish every little moment.

Family is everything ❤️

Oh Trishy, that was heartbreaking.  You love those kids so much.  I am so glad she was really happy with her gifts.  :happybday: :happybday: to your granddaughter  :balloon: :balloon: :clap:

Family is everything ❤️

Oh Trishy, that was heartbreaking.  You love those kids so much.  I am so glad she was really happy with her gifts.  :happybday: :happybday: to your granddaughter  :balloon: :balloon: :clap:

Thank you Mary 😭

Hi mm,

80 degrees! Wow! I'm chilly! Usually I'm sweating.  I'm sure I will be again. It was snowing g like crazy! I was surprised. we didn't have Snow this year. Everything is closed here I think. Except for supermarkets and a few other things. Talk about isolation. It was bad enough before, but at least I could go shopping a bit. Now all I di is walk in my walking spot and come home. Glad tim will  home. I dont think the men are taking it as seriously.  I always remind Jim to wash his hands.  :tickedoff:  I can t walk behind him all day cleaning up after him with bleach. I need li lysol. Ly dd

Trishy, Your post about your granddaughter brought tears to my eyes. So sorry you missed this milestone.

Thank you NJ it was so heartbreaking. 💔 This is just so awful. We're all suffering so much bc of this. 🤦‍♀️

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone keeps safe and well.

We are in lockdown so we will see if we can stem the tide.Went into lockdown last night and today has been a lot quieter.Sad that this has to be put in place however as per some were not doing what they needed to do.It was mother's Day on Sunday and people were refusing to adhere to the social distancing policy.Anyway l am keeping myself safe l have my brother living with me as he is vulnerable so hopefully l can keep him safe.I won't be seeing my sister for some time however that is best.Strange times for all of us.l know it is bleak however we must look after ourselves and our loved ones.

Morning Trish l would have to say honey if you were in hospital for this virus you won't give a shit about your med.l know not seeing your granddaughter is heartbreaking however it is really for the greater good.You can have a double celebration next year.l am sorry Rich has to work sadly a lot do and those are the people we should applaud.Where would we be without them.l have a couple of friends who have the virus and l am so worried for all of them.l know the medical profession gets a bad name on this forum however my friends are facing this with dignity.Stay strong honey.love you my lST X

Morning lady Mary Hen, Suzy, Olive,GP, Final Bill,Troch,Val, Valley Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu and everyone here love you all.X

We are in lockdown so we will see if we can stem the tide.Went into lockdown last night and today has been a lot quieter.Sad that this has to be put in place however as per some were not doing what they needed to do.It was mother's Day on Sunday and people were refusing to adhere to the social distancing policy.Anyway l am keeping myself safe l have my brother living with me as he is vulnerable so hopefully l can keep him safe.I won't be seeing my sister for some time however that is best.Strange times for all of us.l know it is bleak however we must look after ourselves and our loved ones.

Morning Trish l would have to say honey if you were in hospital for this virus you won't give a shit about your med.l know not seeing your granddaughter is heartbreaking however it is really for the greater good.You can have a double celebration next year.l am sorry Rich has to work sadly a lot do and those are the people we should applaud.Where would we be without them.l have a couple of friends who have the virus and l am so worried for all of them.l know the medical profession gets a bad name on this forum however my friends are facing this with dignity.Stay strong honey.love you my lST X

Morning lady Mary Hen, Suzy, Olive,GP, Final Bill,Troch,Val, Valley Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu and everyone here love you all.X

Good morning Stut  :hug: Nova xxx  :mybuddy::-*:smitten:

Morning honey how are you holding up over there? Strange times indeed.😘

Could really do without it, I'm afraid things are pretty shit right , my symptoms are very severe I'm holding again  ::)  since last cut 2 months  ago and the next door neighbours are making life hell for everyone in the building besides me with the noise for hours on end and no sleep or peace. And there's nothing we can do about it as all the councils and housing association staff are working form home due to Wales also being in lock down,

The Welsh Prime minister and  Government has taken it a lot further than bloody stupid Boris Johnson UK  Prime arsehole  has asked people to do its not enough he should impose it as LAW not ask people, This is a dangerous situation and the London Parliament hasn't taken matters far enough , but I see Ireland has also imposed their  stricter sanctions too , stay safe  my Astral Twin  :hug: And all of you other Shipmates here on the LHSG  :hug: May God keep us all safe and the fates of the  universe be kind to us all, and expedite our healing  :therethere:

Love to all buddies from every country and continent and island  across the planet  :mybuddy: thinking of you all :-* Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Morning,

I'm not worried about getting my med if I go in the hospital. I fully trust I would get it, I just don't think making a cut right now would be good bc they're not going to give me some odd ball mg in xanax. I know they will give me my Xanax that doesn't concern me. My point was why would I taper now bc in the event of a hospitalization due to the crisis that tapered amount would be lost and for nothing.

I respect the medical community enormously, I have 2 nurses in my family and one in nursing school and one medical assistant. Two of which are now on Frontlines. I worry for my son in law who is a surgical nurse and may be called to help with the sick. My dil is still seeing patients and they are currently trying switching over to telehealth appts only.

I am terribly sorry that you have two friends that have this virus. This virus is anything but kind especially to people our age and older. I hope and pray they will recover 🙏 this is all so incredibly sad. Please stay home and protect yourself best you can.. It's all any of us can do.

My concern is and always has been Rich's Heath condition. He is 62 with COPD and I will never be comfortable with him working right now. He is at high risk and his company is military contracted so they are essential. I believe our military has enough aircraft to last a few lifetimes. In other words they are a selfish greedy American company putting lives unnecessarily in harms way. They can afford to shut that place down for a few weeks or until this social isolation can bend the curve on this virus. I will do all I can to keep him out of work. Our government talks out of both sides of their mouths here, they tell people like him to stay home and in the next breath they say go to work you're essential. I've never been more frustrated with our government then I am right now. I'm sure most American's feel this way right now. They are not protecting our nurses and Drs. they are telling vulnerable people to stay home but yet go to work! It's absolutely insane here..

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I pray for you over there and I will include your friend's in my prayers. Please keep in touch as much as possible. We love you and care about you very much.

Love you,

LST ❤️

Morning,

I'm not worried about getting my med if I go in the hospital. I fully trust I would get it, I just don't think making a cut right now would be good bc they're not going to give me some odd ball mg in xanax. I know they will give me my Xanax that doesn't concern me. My point was why would I taper now bc in the event of a hospitalization due to the crisis that tapered amount would be lost and for nothing.

I respect the medical community enormously, I have 2 nurses in my family and one in nursing school and one medical assistant. Two of which are now on Frontlines. I worry for my son in law who is a surgical nurse and may be called to help with the sick. My dil is still seeing patients and they are currently trying switching over to telehealth appts only.

I am terribly sorry that you have two friends that have this virus. This virus is anything but kind especially to people our age and older. I hope and pray they will recover 🙏 this is all so incredibly sad. Please stay home and protect yourself best you can.. It's all any of us can do.

My concern is and always has been Rich's Heath condition. He is 62 with COPD and I will never be comfortable with him working right now. He is at high risk and his company is military contracted so they are essential. I believe our military has enough aircraft to last a few lifetimes. In other words they are a selfish greedy American company putting lives unnecessarily in harms way. They can afford to shut that place down for a few weeks or until this social isolation can bend the curve on this virus. I will do all I can to keep him out of work. Our government talks out of both sides of their mouths here, they tell people like him to stay home and in the next breath they say go to work you're essential. I've never been more frustrated with our government then I am right now. I'm sure most American's feel this way right now. They are not protecting our nurses and Drs. they are telling vulnerable people to stay home but yet go to work! It's absolutely insane here..

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I pray for you over there and I will include your friend's in my prayers. Please keep in touch as much as possible. We love you and care about you very much.

Love you,

LST ❤️

Awe twiny this is a very stressful time for us who have vulnerable people we love on the frontline.l am just thinking of the top of my head here Rich may perhaps have medical reasons for staying off work as he is in the vulnerable category again this is new to me however it may be something that he could look into.

I am talking as a rule on this forum the medical profession is not highly regarded and due to the lack of knowledge on withdrawal of benzo withdrawal and how long it can take etc l am not surprised however my friends are putting their lives on the line as are your family and l am so grateful they are there.My two friends are not my age they are younger with young children so pray my love they need all the help they can get.

I am thinking of chipping a little off however we will see.l am ruling nothing out it is according to how this plays out.I think honey perhaps stay put for now.

Try to have a decent day as for the government money rules.

. love you my lST X

Oh Stut, so sorry about your friends.  I really hope they are okay.  So is your brother under lock down too?  Yes these are weird times.  Tim is in the back bedroom we fixed up so he could look nice while he's on his telemedicine visit.  My doctor still hasn't agreed to that yet but I keep hoping they will before Friday, if not, will have to go Monday.  The have a small waiting room, so we are going to stand so we will be able to move around as people come in.  You take care of yourself, how are Daisy and Muffin?  Socks doing ok too?  Love you woman , Your Lady Mary x Hen 💚💚💚

Could really do without it, I'm afraid things are pretty shit right , my symptoms are very severe I'm holding again  ::)  since last cut 2 months  ago and the next door neighbours are making life hell for everyone in the building besides me with the noise for hours on end and no sleep or peace. And there's nothing we can do about it as all the councils and housing association staff are working form home due to Wales also being in lock down,

The Welsh Prime minister and  Government has taken it a lot further than bloody stupid Boris Johnson UK  Prime arsehole  has asked people to do its not enough he should impose it as LAW not ask people, This is a dangerous situation and the London Parliament hasn't taken matters far enough , but I see Ireland has also imposed their  stricter sanctions too , stay safe  my Astral Twin  :hug: And all of you other Shipmates here on the LHSG  :hug: May God keep us all safe and the fates of the  universe be kind to us all, and expedite our healing  :therethere:

Love to all buddies from every country and continent and island  across the planet  :mybuddy: thinking of you all :-* Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Awe AS they are all dicks l never listen to any politician.The south shut down very quickly l don't know if they did the right thing or not we will see.l think your neighbours need a good thrashing.Hopefully they will get it.Stay safe my lovely AS.love you.X

Oh Stut, so sorry about your friends.  I really hope they are okay.  So is your brother under lock down too?  Yes these are weird times.  Tim is in the back bedroom we fixed up so he could look nice while he's on his telemedicine visit.  My doctor still hasn't agreed to that yet but I keep hoping they will before Friday, if not, will have to go Monday.  The have a small waiting room, so we are going to stand so we will be able to move around as people come in.  You take care of yourself, how are Daisy and Muffin?  Socks doing ok too?  Love you woman , Your Lady Mary x Hen 💚💚💚

Awe lady Mary l am going to slip a few diazepam into his coffee 😕.Yes he is in lockdown we all are however he is high risk due to diabetes so he can't get out at all.l have sent him for a walk over the fields he's driving me bloody nuts already 😵.The puppers have bounced back and Sox's is doing good still eating plenty.You get your med honey we have all been told to stop stockpiling and doctors are being told to stop overperscribing so we will just have to hope all goes smoothly on that score.l am still allowed out once a day and it is dead l haven't met another person on my walks so it's all good.How are you holding up honey are you in lockdown yet?X

Awe lady Mary l am going to slip a few diazepam into his coffee 😕.Yes he is in lockdown we all are however he is high risk due to diabetes so he can't get out at all.l have sent him for a walk over the fields he's driving me bloody nuts already 😵.The puppers have bounced back and Sox's is doing good still eating plenty.You get your med honey we have all been told to stop stockpiling and doctors are being told to stop overperscribing so we will just have to hope all goes smoothly on that score.l am still allowed out once a day and it is dead l haven't met another person on my walks so it's all good.How are you holding up honey are you in lockdown yet?X

Yep, started last night.  Now we can go to grocery stores, pharmacies, pick up food, but that's about it.  Some of our stores are opening an hour early, first thing, for elderly people, which I am so glad.  The stores have been so busy, elderly people get run over, so hopefully they take advantage of that time.  I was wondering how you were doing with your brother  ;). Hey, Cant has been watching Better Call Saul and likes it.  Lots of episodes and seasons, if you need something to try.  We can get outside to walk.  And just cleaning the things they say to clean everyday, takes awhile.  You don't realize how many door knobs, cabinets, light switches, faucets etc; you touch everyday.  Mercy.  My hands are dry but Tim's are really dry and cracking.  They usually only do that in winter.  Well, it seems like that televisit is taking a long time.  Hope the technical part went okay.  Love you my Queen, please take care.  Lady Mary x hen :smitten: :smitten:

Hi mm,

I just downloaded an app called iris mini. It supposedto be good for your eyes. I do have the settings on my tablet but this seems differene. Easy in the eyes.

Hi mm,

I just downloaded an app called iris mini. It supposedto be good for your eyes. I do have the settings on my tablet but this seems differene. Easy in the eyes.

Hey girlfriend  :D. I will definitely give it a try.  My left eye is feeling huge  >:(. But otherwise, seem pretty decent today.  Tim just flushed the toilet while I was in the shower and scorched me, he may have to go back to work,  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  I have got most of the things wiped down, got some more to go,  this is getting old  ;).  How is Jim today?  MM ☮️💜🙏☮️💜🙏☮️

Jim does that to me too! Men..ugh. I wiped down the house..Again! My hands look like 100 yr old. lol 9 >:(:crazy: glad you eye isn't too bad. Just trying this app. It's a soft light.  Ly dd

DD, I tried the app it wouldn't work on my Apple iPad but would on my google phone  :(.

Hope you are getting through the day ok, thinking of you 🙋🏼💘💕❣️💘💕❣️

Aww, it should work on your tablet. It really takes down the glare. I also did some eye exercises. Can you tell how bored I am.  ;D ;D Pretty calm today. Still feel like I'm living on another planet, but ok. Thinking of you too! Love you dd❤❤❤💫

Hi everyone , speaking of dry hands mine are so red and chapped. I just smothered them in hand cream. I have a cut on my finger that just won't heal bc I'm washing my hands so much that it can't really scab over. I just keep washing it away.. I have used regular Band-Aids and liquid bandaid .. oh whatever..

Went to the grocery store today and was so uncomfortable. I felt like Rich and I were in danger being in there. This is nuts! Can't even feel safe anywhere where there is people.

Hey there twin I'll be keeping those friend's of yours in my prayers. How awful young women with children.. very, very sad.

Love to all,

Trishy ❤️

Tt

Mine are the same. Even moisturizer is not working. This washing and cleaning is over the top. We have no choice.  Oh let this end soon! Ly dd

Thinking of you to Stut. Stay safe. Ly Suzy

Hi everyone , speaking of dry hands mine are so red and chapped. I just smothered them in hand cream. I have a cut on my finger that just won't heal bc I'm washing my hands so much that it can't really scab over. I just keep washing it away.. I have used regular Band-Aids and liquid bandaid .. oh whatever..

Went to the grocery store today and was so uncomfortable. I felt like Rich and I were in danger being in there. This is nuts! Can't even feel safe anywhere where there is people.

Hey there twin I'll be keeping those friend's of yours in my prayers. How awful young women with children.. very, very sad.

Love to all,

Trishy ❤️

This is how I feel Trish. Scared all the time now and I haven’t gone anywhere.

[7e...]