Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi all, just checking in to say I’m doing fine. Staying home (as usual) going on walks in the woods by my house, watching lots of Netflix, and watching live shows on fb and YouTube. I have lots of entertainer friends and they are getting very creative :)

Sending love to all of you 💗🌈

Great you are doing well OK, we will still live virtually through you.  Love to you  :smitten: :smitten:

Hello everyone,

I just watched governor of New York, Governor Cuomo today at noon and I just would love it if this man would run for President! He'd get my vote! He's a straight shooter, he gives the facts and he's working so hard to on all levels, local, state and federal including phone calls with agent orange , you know who I mean, to get things done! I love this man! We need this kind of leader for our country!

# kudostocuomo

He is fighting for his state!  So the states working with NY are probably better off too :smitten: :smitten:

I hope so Mary. I hope our Governor follows his lead on everything. 🙏

All governor's would do well to take a page out of Cuomo's book.

So Mary there's an article in the paper about Rich's work. His company is considered essential bc it's national security. That f ' in Pentagon will put the lives of employees on the line for there f' in helicopters! They have more than they can ever use!! I'm so livid my blood is boiling. Guess what one of their safety precautions is in the shop?? No Break Rooms! Yup closing the break Rooms for employees bc apparently that saves your life from getting covid 19!!! 😤🤬🤬🤬

Damn them!! Big business that's what this is about! Save the big companies and screw the people.. Oh November can't come fast enough so I can cast my vote for the Democrat!

I'm so angry I could spit nails!  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

So Mary there's an article in the paper about Rich's work. His company is considered essential bc it's national security. That f ' in Pentagon will put the lives of employees on the line for there f' in helicopters! They have more than they can ever use!! I'm so livid my blood is boiling. Guess what one of their safety precautions is in the shop?? No Break Rooms! Yup closing the break Rooms for employees bc apparently that saves your life from getting covid 19!!! 😤🤬🤬🤬

Damn them!! Big business that's what this is about! Save the big companies and screw the people.. Oh November can't come fast enough so I can cast my vote for the Democrat!

I'm sorry Trishy.  I don't know what to say.  I know you will worry everyday, I did about Tim.  And frankly, I am not sure Tim takes it serious enough sometimes.  A couple times I wanted to get in an argument but it won't help.  All I can do is hope.  There is a post on Long Hold from begood with an excellent guide to cleaning for this.  Please read it, it really simplified things for me.  Tim is going to be home more, he and his boss may trade off some, details not worked out yet.  I am relieved, I really hated being here so much alone.  And hopefully it will keep him safer.  I am sorry Rich didn't get closed down.  Can he keep taking personal time, vacation and sick leave until hopefully the worst might have passed?  :smitten:

Hi all, just checking in to say I’m doing fine. Staying home (as usual) going on walks in the woods by my house, watching lots of Netflix, and watching live shows on fb and YouTube. I have lots of entertainer friends and they are getting very creative :)

Sending love to all of you 💗🌈

Thanks for checking in Olive. It's great that your keeping busy girl. These are challenging times.

Sending love to you as well Olive.

Be safe,

Trishy ❤️

If watching lots of TV is busy, then yes I am keeping busy!  :smitten:

I'm sorry Trishy.  I don't know what to say.  I know you will worry everyday, I did about Tim.  And frankly, I am not sure Tim takes it serious enough sometimes.  A couple times I wanted to get in an argument but it won't help.  All I can do is hope.  There is a post on Long Hold from begood with an excellent guide to cleaning for this.  Please read it, it really simplified things for me.  Tim is going to be home more, he and his boss may trade off some, details not worked out yet.  I am relieved, I really hated being here so much alone.  And hopefully it will keep him safer.  I am sorry Rich didn't get closed down.  Can he keep taking personal time, vacation and sick leave until hopefully the worst might have passed?  :smitten:

Good morning Mary,

I know Mary there's nothing to say. I was just so furious, venting it all was all I could do last night.

Rich will use 3 weeks of his vacation time after the initial two weeks the company's giving him where he doesn't have to use entitlements. It's unpaid leave. We have transferred money from our savings to live for those weeks. So it looks like I can keep him home until some time in April. There's no doubt that this virus is going to spread through his work, there's just so many employees, thousands. 🤦‍♀️

Ahhh well anyway this is life right now. I wonder when I'll be able to ever taper again. I would love to cut at the end of the month but I have a concern I'd like to bring up here. My concern is that if God forbid I got this virus and ended up in the hospital they would have to give me my Xanax. What mg would I tell them I'm on?? Should I say I'm a little under a 1 mg. ?? That's confusing to me. I would have to tell them I'm on 1 mg and then my cut would be for nothing. Does this make sense? So I don't know what to do any that. I guess I'll just see what the end of March brings and make a decision then.

💞💞❤️

Good morning Mary,

I know Mary there's nothing to say. I was just so furious, venting it all was all I could do last night.

Rich will use 3 weeks of his vacation time after the initial two weeks the company's giving him where he doesn't have to use entitlements. It's unpaid leave. We have transferred money from our savings to live for those weeks. So it looks like I can keep him home until some time in April. There's no doubt that this virus is going to spread through his work, there's just so many employees, thousands. 🤦‍♀️

Ahhh well anyway this is life right now. I wonder when I'll be able to ever taper again. I would love to cut at the end of the month but I have a concern I'd like to bring up here. My concern is that if God forbid I got this virus and ended up in the hospital they would have to give me my Xanax. What mg would I tell them I'm on?? Should I say I'm a little under a 1 mg. ?? That's confusing to me. I would have to tell them I'm on 1 mg and then my cut would be for nothing. Does this make sense? So I don't know what to do any that. I guess I'll just see what the end of March brings and make a decision then.

💞💞❤️

Trishy, I know you want to cut, but your're right, they wouldn't be able to give you a little below a mg, unless Rich could bring it to you, and if you are sick, he might be.  Just stay right where you are.  1 mg.  Easy and will keep you more stable right now.  Tim and I will be using mostly savings too because he's in sales, but that's okay.  My oatmeal is ready, be back soon!  Love ya, MM. 

Good morning Mary,

💞💞❤️

Trishy, I know you want to cut, but your're right, they wouldn't be able to give you a little below a mg, unless Rich could bring it to you, and if you are sick, he might be.  Just stay right where you are.  1 mg.  Easy and will keep you more stable right now.  Tim and I will be using mostly savings too because he's in sales, but that's okay.  My oatmeal is ready, be back soon!  Love ya, MM.

I guess just staying put is the best thing to do considering. I hate that we have to touch our savings, we won't be getting any money from the package they're putting together for American's, , he does not qualify which is unfair. I think every American should get a relief check unless you make over 250k . Our government is so screwed up.

Enjoy your oatmeal girl. I ate home made banana bread this morning that I made yesterday.  :D

Love ya,

TT ❤️

Hi mm,

I am ok. I feel like I'm living in a dream world. This is crazy! How are you doing?  Jim is working too. He does work for Navy ships. He is stressed. He just screams. He says he is ok, but he does seem stressed. Is Tim home? ❤❤❤🙏

Hi mm,

I am ok. I feel like I'm living in a dream world. This is crazy! How are you doing?  Jim is working too. He does work for Navy ships. He is stressed. He just screams. He says he is ok, but he does seem stressed. Is Tim home? ❤❤❤🙏

I am sure he is stressed, only idiots wouldn't be but he doesn't help anything by letting it get ahold of him.  Timis only going to work part time, him and his boss will kind of split it up.  He thought he would be here by lunchtime but I haven't heard anything  :(.  It is like we are in a bad horror movie, withdrawal and virus, a really bad horror movie. Did you see the link begood sent yesterday by the NY

Times?  It has a really good cleaning schedule to give you a guide to use.  I have worked on it this morning, only one thing I need Tim to do and that's the bathtub faucets.  They are just in such a awkward position, it kills my back, so he can do that.  ;).  Does Jim have any sick leave, personal leave, or vacation he can take?  Get him out of there for awhile?  Maybe that would help him calm down some and you would have some company.  Are you stocked up on your Diet Coke ?  :smitten: :smitten:

I'm sure Tim will be home soon. It really sucks they are working during this horror movie. It really is mm.  This is such a strange virus. I will talk to him about vacation. He gets worried that he won't get paid. I guess your right.nwho wouldn't be stressed. I did read that article! I5s good.It's funny, I cleaned everything on the list! Lol. Except I need gloves!: It is hard cleaning when your in pain. Do what you can. It's hard same thi g everyday, scrub, clean, my hands are dried up. I smell like bleach! Blah. I just hope this ends soon, the anxiety creeps in whether you k ow it or not. I dont think anybody should be making cuts now! No way. Omg. It's not worth it.❤❤❤

Good morning Mary,

💞💞❤️

I have the same concern you do Trishy. My dose is at 0.430mgs and I doubt any doctor or nurse is going to give that to me.  They probably will just give me 0.5mgs. 

But I'm not going to hang out in that mindset too long.  I plan to get some pills precut and have them in a pill box.  I will have my husband advocate for me if that occurs.  I guess what I'm saying is that I'm turning it over and planning at the same time. 

Mary asked if anything came up in my benzo group worth posting. Two things stuck with me.

1. The rest of the world and people in our communities are experiencing what we in benzo withdrawal have been going through minus some of the physical and emotional symtoms.  They are experiencing social isolation, anxiety, boredom and situational depression. 

2. We will heal.  This was mentioned by a few people who have gotten off. 

FH

Good morning Mary,

💞💞❤️

I have the same concern you do Trishy. My dose is at 0.430mgs and I doubt any doctor or nurse is going to give that to me.  They probably will just give me 0.5mgs. 

But I'm not going to hang out in that mindset too long.  I plan to get some pills precut and have them in a pill box.  I will have my husband advocate for me if that occurs.  I guess what I'm saying is that I'm turning it over and planning at the same time. 

Mary asked if anything came up in my benzo group worth posting. Two things stuck with me.

1. The rest of the world and people in our communities are experiencing what we in benzo withdrawal have been going through minus some of the physical and emotional symtoms.  They are experiencing social isolation, anxiety, boredom and situational depression. 

2. We will heal.  This was mentioned by a few people who have gotten off. 

FH

Yeah FH I think for me I'll just wait it out see what happens. I'll wait as long as June but by then I'll have to start making headway.

I would cut and make up some pill boxes with that amount but when you're in the hospital for something of this nature they don't allow family in the room with you, so my family wouldn't be able to give me my medication, also I take it 3 times a day. I would have to let the hospital give it to me. The whole situation sucks. I wish I could get down to .75 but I can't rush it as you well know. There is no rushing in the world of benzos. 🤦‍♀️

It's good to hear what others are saying in your other group. Pass on anything you think is good information, we'd all appreciate it.

I don't want to add to anyone's anxiety but in most places if you are admitted to the hospital there are no visitors allowed. So no one to bring you a dose of the benzo or advocate for you. My cousin said even some pediatric wards are forbidding visitors, which is heartbreaking and I can't even go there ....

That said, if admitted to the hospital for COVID 19 receiving the correct dose would honestly be the least of your issues. I believe in most areas only the very most sick people are being admitted. Just stay home and wash your hands and don't worry about it!

I don't want to add to anyone's anxiety but in most places if you are admitted to the hospital there are no visitors allowed. So no one to bring you a dose of the benzo or advocate for you. My cousin said even some pediatric wards are forbidding visitors, which is heartbreaking and I can't even go there ....

That said, if admitted to the hospital for COVID 19 receiving the correct dose would honestly be the least of your issues. I believe in most areas only the very most sick people are being admitted. Just stay home and wash your hands and don't worry about it!

I agree. That's why I'm staying at my dose. I'm not making a move bc no one in my family would be able to give me the correct dose that " I was really on" so I'll stay at 1 mg until this all settles. I'm 57 yrs old and I could end up in the hospital if I got this. I am not going anywhere and I am washing like a crazy lady.

My husband will have to return to work some time in April though and then we're both at a higher risk bc of him being out there in the public. His shop is government contracted and considered essential so we can only buy him a little time.

This whole thing is horrific beyond words.

I agree. That's why I'm staying at my dose. I'm not making a move bc no one in my family would be able to give me the correct dose that " I was really on" so I'll stay at 1 mg until this all settles. I'm 57 yrs old and I could end up in the hospital if I got this. I am not going anywhere and I am washing like a crazy lady.

My husband will have to return to work some time in April though and then we're both at a higher risk bc of him being out there in the public. His shop is government contracted and considered essential so we can only buy him a little time.

This whole thing is horrific beyond words.

Trishy, they just shut the city down for 2 weeks where my husband works, so I guess he will be home the next 2 weeks.    Yay!  This first day, he was suppose to be home around noon and it's 3:20 and he hasn't left yet, so that didn't work out too well anyway.    :)

Its snowing ! Hahaaaa!

Oh no!!    :D. It's 80 here and the sun just finally came out.  It was suppose to be really pretty all day, but it was drizzly and ugly unti 4 :). We really could use a complete sunny day, probably make us all feel better.  Snow, 🤢 Tim is going to be off the next 2 weeks, the city he works in, is shutting down,  he will work some from home.  It closes tonight at midnight.    I'm glad, it's just so unsafe right now and truly sometimes he says things that make me worry if he is being careful enough. >:(

Yes, no visitors. I've prepared one of those waist pockets you wear under your clothes with money and documents when you travel, with pills, in case. That and handing it over to God as really, this is like a war zone now. Nothing is under my control anymore.

Its snowing ! Hahaaaa!

Hey DD, I guess you're getting the snow that we had today. It snowed almost all day then turned to rain a little while ago.

Its snowing ! Hahaaaa!

Oh no!!    :D. It's 80 here and the sun just finally came out.  It was suppose to be really pretty all day, but it was drizzly and ugly unti 4 :). We really could use a complete sunny day, probably make us all feel better.  Snow, 🤢 Tim is going to be off the next 2 weeks, the city he works in, is shutting down,  he will work some from home.  It closes tonight at midnight.    I'm glad, it's just so unsafe right now and truly sometimes he says things that make me worry if he is being careful enough. >:(

That's so good Mary. I'm sure you're very relieved. You won't be alone and Tim will be safer.

Just waiting to hear the news briefing for today. The reporting is that president dumbo wants to loosen restrictions after the 15 days. He's more worried about the economy than human life. 🤬

New Jersey governor was on and said if president does that he's not following that. He will not loosen restrictions on new Jersey. I don't think New York or my State will follow that direction either.

Yes, no visitors. I've prepared one of those waist pockets you wear under your clothes with money and documents when you travel, with pills, in case. That and handing it over to God as really, this is like a war zone now. Nothing is under my control anymore.

Hi V ,

How are you doing? Do you have all you need?

Its snowing ! Hahaaaa!

That's so good Mary. I'm sure you're very relieved. You won't be alone and Tim will be safer.

Just waiting to hear the news briefing for today. The reporting is that president dumbo wants to loosen restrictions after the 15 days. He's more worried about the economy than human life. 🤬

New Jersey governor was on and said if president does that he's not following that. He will not loosen restrictions on new Jersey. I don't think New York or my State will follow that direction either.

Trishy, honestly the governor of NJ has not tightened restrictions enough. Our county executive tried to restrict things last week and the governor over-rode him. So more things stayed open. People were getting their hair and nails done on Thursday. Landscapers and construction is still okay. This is NOT okay. Staples/UPS stores all still open--that is NOT essential. We are right outside of NYC and it is scary here and my neighbor who works in non-essential office building is still going to work. He is also too concerned about the economy.

Val, please stay safe. Thinking of you. I am sure it is so stressful.

[01...]