Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Mary you and Tim like vampires why don't you watch the originals. It's a little bit of an older tv series but Rich and I loved it. It takes place in Louisiana. They were really ruthless vampires.. We liked it :D

Mary you and Tim like vampires why don't you watch the originals. It's a little bit of an older tv series but Rich and I loved it. It takes place in Louisiana. They were really ruthless vampires.. We liked it :D

We watched The Vampire Diaries and by the time the Originals came out, we watched a season or two and just kind of drifted away after so many years.  With all the productions on the new shows shutting down, we may have to go back and watch older shows  ;):smitten:

We watched The Vampire Diaries and by the time the Originals came out, we watched a season or two and just kind of drifted away after so many years.  With all the productions on the new shows shutting down, we may have to go back and watch older shows  ;):smitten:

Another good tv series was last tango in Halifax. I remember English and I taking about it. It takes place not far from where she lives. I loved the characters. You might like it. It's kind of soapy drama but not too soapy. Rich even liked it. :D

Another good tv series was last tango in Halifax. I remember English and I taking about it. It takes place not far from where she lives. I loved the characters. You might like it. It's kind of soapy drama but not too soapy. Rich even liked it. :D

Now that's something I haven't seen.  I need something to binge when Tim is at work  :D

Mary I love Stumptown!

The only thing is it is supposed to be in Portland but it is so not Portland, and is not even filmed there. But I still love it!

Maybe we should tell Cant!  I usually try to find things for him that have more seasons, but times are tough for tv right now ;).  And so many productions are going down, we may have nothing new next year :(.      My husband loves Stumptown and 68 Whiskey, both are pretty good. 

How are you doing?  :smitten: :smitten:

Yes Cant need s some new shows.. I know, what will we do without new shows???

I watched the Vampire Diaries too and I could not bring myself to watch the Originals, they weren't my fave characters anyway. But, you are right, I may watch it when there is nothing else! Of course there are SO many shows out there that we haven't watched yet. Maybe not our first choices though.

I'm doing alright, I mostly stayed off social media today (and here) and I noticed my stress levels were a bit lower. I am torn between wanting to know what is going on/staying connected and wanting to ignore it all for my own sanity. I'm sure we are all there. Today my neighbor came over and said she heard that The gov is deploying military and national guard and they are going to do a countrywide lockdown for 1 week, but military was told to prepare to possibly be deployed for 30 days. I don't know if this is true or not, but it is a possibility. I don't imagine things would be that much different for those of us who are already locked down. Maybe just to help the spring breakers realize that this is a very big deal.

I'm feeling glad it is night so I can go to sleep again.

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Just popping in to let you know l am thinking of you all and l really hope you all keep well.Please try not to panic this is going to go on for sometime so pace yourselves and keep your mind occupied.

Lady Mary, Trish, Intend,Val,Final Bill Free

Valley GP NJ Olive Mags Suzy Nova Miyu Espy Meems and everyone here sending you my love.X

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Just popping in to let you know l am thinking of you all and l really hope you all keep well.Please try not to panic this is going to go on for sometime so pace yourselves and keep your mind occupied.

Lady Mary, Trish, Intend,Val,Final Bill Free

Valley GP NJ Olive Mags Suzy Nova Miyu Espy Meems and everyone here sending you my love.X

Stay safe twin. I'm terrified but hanging in there. 😘💞

Hello everyone,

Check in if you can. It's nice to know how everyone is doing with all that's going on. It's ok to be nervous, it's ok to be scared.. Actually I think if you're not that wouldn't be normal. These are difficult times and we don't have to be strong all the time. This is a support group, where we come bc we need support. Sometimes we need a listening ear or a shoulder. Sometimes we need to not have the brave face on. These are anxious times. We can't be tough all the time. So if you're afraid. Guess what so am I. My point is it's ok to be afraid and it's ok to say so and it's ok to lean on your friend's here, isn't that why were here? So we don't have to go through hard times alone , to lift eachother up when one or even all of us is down. So don't feel like you have to be brave people, you don't and it's ok.

Love to all my LHSG peeps😘💞💞

Hello everyone,

Check in if you can. It's nice to know how everyone is doing with all that's going on. It's ok to be nervous, it's ok to be scared.. Actually I think if you're not that wouldn't be normal. These are difficult times and we don't have to be strong all the time. This is a support group, where we come bc we need support. Sometimes we need a listening ear or a shoulder. Sometimes we need to not have the brave face on. These are anxious times. We can't be tough all the time. So if you're afraid. Guess what so am I. My point is it's ok to be afraid and it's ok to say so and it's ok to lean on your friend's here, isn't that why were here? So we don't have to go through hard times alone , to lift eachother up when one or even all of us is down. So don't feel like you have to be brave people, you don't and it's ok.

Love right back at ya Trishy, so many I wish would check in, at least a few words.  Your governors in CT, NY, and the other state (benzo brain has taken from me  :laugh:) are doing a good job leading their states and supporting each other.  I unfortunately have a Trump kissa$$, so that pretty much says it all .  Thinking about you, I am watching animal planet with dogs and kittens, so damn cute.

Love you Too Many and your whole family, MM.  :smitten: :smitten:

Hello everyone,

Love right back at ya Trishy, so many I wish would check in, at least a few words.  Your governors in CT, NY, and the other state (benzo brain has taken from me  :laugh:) are doing a good job leading their states and supporting each other.  I unfortunately have a Trump kissa$$, so that pretty much says it all .  Thinking about you, I am watching animal planet with dogs and kittens, so damn cute.

Hey Mary,

Good choice for TV! I'm watching Messiah on Netflix. I started to dose off but I don't think it was at all like what you're watching :laugh: :laugh: I just put Hallmark on lol.

Yes I'm very glad our governor is kinda following Cuomo's lead. I really like Cuomo he's all over this. He's on top of it and doing his damnedest to do whatever he can to stop the spread.

Rich and I took a walk today. Our neighborhood was like a ghost town just a few others out walking like us. Then we got take out from outback steakhouse house, curb side pick up. I don't know if that was safe but I don't think I'll do it again..😳

Love you my dear friend. 😘❤️

Hello everyone,

I've been watching Too Cute as well on animal planet Mary and it's a good distraction.

I don't watch much news but watched our governor, Andrew Cuomo hold an outstanding press conference today that showed real leadership. 

I then co-ran my benzo group via Zoom and went for a walk. 

I am up and down with my mood and still battling a rash around my eyes. If I could get that under control, I would feel better.  I feel the steroid cream made things worse. 

Yesterday, I watched a lot of Ru Paul's drag race.  It was good for me. 

I just wish I could be off benzos and have more of my mind to combat the up and down of this virus fear.  I'm okay now, but I I long for my real brain back.

Me too FH, we have gone through much already, adding CV is just too much.  Glad your group is running, if you get any great insights, please feel free to share  :D. Yes, Cuomo is doing an outstanding job and isn't afraid of stepping on Trumps toes.  I have really been impressed with him.

You hold tight, we are going to be different after this, but better people.  We understand supporting each other in different times of hardships.  Love you, have as good as evening as possible  :smitten: :smitten:

Hey FH, it sounds like you're doing a good job,benzo brain or not, of handling things. You're distracting which I think is a must right now. We all need mental health breaks from what's going on out there. I love your governor he's awesome. :thumbsup:

:smitten: :smitten:

We are the other state in NJ that is supposed to be under strict quarantine orders. But Staples, Home Depot type stores all still open. Landscapers, construction, car repair still open. Offices are still open. I am so frustrated. And cases climbing, people in my county are dying every day. This is not strict quarantine.

The only thing that is good is when we rode past the train station Friday there were only about 10 cars in the lot, so most people no longer traveling via train to NYC (although there are still buses).

I am trying to stay off social media and the news. I am starting to grow concerned about my job and may raise that tomorrow during a call I have with my boss. The reality is that our revenue will likely be down 90 percent this year. Ugh. Honestly, I am so tired and it has been such a long journey first my attempt to taper, then my son's illness that having some time off would be good, especially during this crisis. I just don't know long term with two kids in college how I can not work.

Hope everyone is staying sane. For those that like to work out alot of instructors are doing FB live workouts. AngieFitness tv is doing one at 3:30 Central Time that is all stretching and relaxation. I am going to be there!

We are the other state in NJ that is supposed to be under strict quarantine orders. But Staples, Home Depot type stores all still open. Landscapers, construction, car repair still open. Offices are still open. I am so frustrated. And cases climbing, people in my county are dying every day. This is not strict quarantine.

The only thing that is good is when we rode past the train station Friday there were only about 10 cars in the lot, so most people no longer traveling via train to NYC (although there are still buses).

I am trying to stay off social media and the news. I am starting to grow concerned about my job and may raise that tomorrow during a call I have with my boss. The reality is that our revenue will likely be down 90 percent this year. Ugh. Honestly, I am so tired and it has been such a long journey first my attempt to taper, then my son's illness that having some time off would be good, especially during this crisis. I just don't know long term with two kids in college how I can not work.

Hope everyone is staying sane. For those that like to work out alot of instructors are doing FB live workouts. AngieFitness tv is doing one at 3:30 Central Time that is all stretching and relaxation. I am going to be there!

Oh being there to do AngieFitness will be great for you, and I know having some time not to worry about work, will be good too.  You will get unemployment, that should help and they are bumping the amount up.  You need a break NJ, you have had so much piled on you.  Take what you can for awhile and get out from under it.  How are you managing keeping the boys apart?  LY, Mary  :smitten:

Mary,

Oldest son just stays in our bedroom. We bring him food on disposable plates. He did go out for a walk yesterday but doesn't touch anything in the house on way in our out. My cousin who is a nurse said he should start taking his temperature daily so we will do that. He will be quarantined for two weeks in our room. He is showing no symptoms but because he was out and about in the world we need to do this. My youngest son is so very angry with me that I won't let him go see friends who have also adhered to strict quarantine measures. But because he is on prednisone, he is very, very high risk plus it is against CDC guidelines anyway. It's just so hard. He is 17, was finally feeling better and now this happens.

Re: my job, I just don't know. I do have to ask on the call tomorrow about this as I am starting to feel very anxious. This of course is my new job, and I have literally changed jobs three times in the last two years which does not look good. I know I need to take it just one day at a time .... not easy.

Take care and thanks so much for looking out for everyone.

Hey everyone on LHSG, thinking of you all, hope you all are having a decent day and might could drop us a short post.  We just want to know you are okay.  Love you all, Mary  :smitten: :smitten:

Hello everyone,

I just watched governor of New York, Governor Cuomo today at noon and I just would love it if this man would run for President! He'd get my vote! He's a straight shooter, he gives the facts and he's working so hard to on all levels, local, state and federal including phone calls with agent orange , you know who I mean, to get things done! I love this man! We need this kind of leader for our country!

# kudostocuomo

Just hearing senator Rand Paul is positive for CV and is asymptomatic. He was tested out of abundance of caution.

I hope everyone is doing well and will check in today. VNM I hope you're ok. If you can check in that would be wonderful.

Love to all,

TT ❤️

Just hearing senator Rand Paul is positive for CV and is asymptomatic. He was tested out of abundance of caution.

I hope everyone is doing well and will check in today. VNM I hope you're ok. If you can check in that would be wonderful.

Love to all,

TT ❤️

Hi Trishy I'm fine. Just really in shock and not into writing. The viral charge is important. It's not the same to be contaminated by the virus you touched from a shelf, than in a football game, church, bus, taking care of very sick patients, intubing patients, etc. This here is very very sad. I can't even talk about it. Love to you.

Love to all,

TT ❤️

Hi Trishy I'm fine. Just really in shock and not into writing. The viral charge is important. It's not the same to be contaminated by the virus you touched from a shelf, than in a football game, church, bus, taking care of very sick patients, intubing patients, etc. This here is very very sad. I can't even talk about it. Love to you.

That's ok V just glad that you're ok. Please check in as often as you can so we know you're alright. I know things are very bad there.

You're in our thoughts. Sending you love and prayers my friend.

❤️🙏😔

Hi all, just checking in to say I’m doing fine. Staying home (as usual) going on walks in the woods by my house, watching lots of Netflix, and watching live shows on fb and YouTube. I have lots of entertainer friends and they are getting very creative :)

Sending love to all of you 💗🌈

Hi all, just checking in to say I’m doing fine. Staying home (as usual) going on walks in the woods by my house, watching lots of Netflix, and watching live shows on fb and YouTube. I have lots of entertainer friends and they are getting very creative :)

Sending love to all of you 💗🌈

Thanks for checking in Olive. It's great that your keeping busy girl. These are challenging times.

Sending love to you as well Olive.

Be safe,

Trishy ❤️

Hello everyone,

I just watched governor of New York, Governor Cuomo today at noon and I just would love it if this man would run for President! He'd get my vote! He's a straight shooter, he gives the facts and he's working so hard to on all levels, local, state and federal including phone calls with agent orange , you know who I mean, to get things done! I love this man! We need this kind of leader for our country!

# kudostocuomo

He is fighting for his state!  So the states working with NY are probably better off too :smitten: :smitten:

[82...]