Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Yay! Make some popcorn and have some diet coke! Weeheee

Diet Coke in hand.. And I just ate some left over cake .. Now I have to do the food walk of shame for admitting that! :laugh: :laugh:

I want that videod please !!    :laugh: :laugh:

:2funny: :2funny:

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning folks l haven't much to say about what's going on at the moment.l really hope you all look after your mental health this isn't going away any time soon so it is essential to take care of yourself.Much the same this end just taking it as it comes.l think l can see a little less panic buying in the shops which is good.Please do not overdo the news etc l Google the northern Ireland news once a day after that l avoid everything else.We must be aware however too much information is not good.All we can do is try to keep ourselves safe.l know everyone is scared however we will get through this.

Lady Mary, Trish, Suzy,NJ, Final Bill Miyu Nova Esperanza GP Val, Olive Gilly Stephen,Troch, Intend Meems and everyone else sending you my love.X

My Queen, we love you too and demand you take care of yourself!!  Keep us posted on our sweet Muffin, your Lady Mary 🐕🐶🐈🐾🐾🐾.    🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Trishy, Tim and I were watching Stumptown.  A cute detective story about a woman that has ptsd from war and is now a detective.  Alittle action, but a lot of humor and love.  A good taper show.  :D

How is everyone this morning?  Love you all and thinking of you.  Please be safe and follow all the rules.  Post if you can  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:    Mary!!

Hi everyone

Does anyone have concerns about drug supplies in coming months? I found out that raw materials for ie diazepam is made in Czech Republic. I also take Zoloft/ India.  My fear about this is off the charts.

Hi everyone

Does anyone have concerns about drug supplies in coming months? I found out that raw materials for ie diazepam is made in Czech Republic. I also take Zoloft/ India.  My fear about this is off the charts.

Magnolis, I have heard both sides from different places, some say it will be a problem, others say there isn't a chance, so I honestly don't know.  I hope someone cam answer the question with some real knowledge.  We are all concerned  :smitten: :smitten:

Trishy, Tim and I were watching Stumptown.  A cute detective story about a woman that has ptsd from war and is now a detective.  Alittle action, but a lot of humor and love.  A good taper show.  :D

How is everyone this morning?  Love you all and thinking of you.  Please be safe and follow all the rules.  Post if you can  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:    Mary!!

hey girl! Thanks we'll check that show out!  :D

I just got a target delivery of massive amounts of diet coke! Lol! I'm going to make lunch for rich and I'll be back later. Some interesting things going on with his work. He may not have to burn vacation time after all!  ;D

Twinny, you take care! We love you  :smitten: :smitten:

I'm out of diet coke. I'm jealous. I just scrubbed the house down. I'm beat. I hope jim will get me some after work 🙏🙏

I'm out of diet coke. I'm jealous. I just scrubbed the house down. I'm beat. I hope jim will get me some after work 🙏🙏

Oh DD, I hope Jim gets you some too.  I am trying not to run out of my favorite things.  This sucks bad enough without that.  I will cross fingers.  You better be glad you don't live near Trishy, there might not be any left.  ;) I have been cleaning too and my hands are starting to feel like sandpaper. ugh...I am so glad it's Friday so Tim will be here a couple days.  The days are so long right now  :(

I am hear for ya DD, anytime  :smitten: :smitten:  🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 for Diet Coke for ya.....

Hi Everyone,

I'm doing okay, feeling some withdrawal symtoms but manageable. Still have itchy skin and eyes.  I'm working on trying to keep the inflammation and redness now. 

I think Mary made a good point in an earlier post.  Confirmed cases does not equal confiemed deaths.  I'm not downplaying the severity of all this but it's important to remember that fact. 

I continue to not watch the news and am trying to keep calm.  The meds still exhaust me so doing household projects still take a lot of effort.  But I did work with two patients yesterday.

I've been watching a lot of Too Cute on animal planet.

We took a short walk yesterday and again the city was quiet.  Some restaurants have signs saying they are open for delivery there are a few people walking around.  I need the fresh air so I do go out and keep my distance.  The elevators in our building are now limited to 4 people, which is fine by me.

Please stay back from the news except to check in occasionally or have someone else keep you updated.  I have my husband share information with me when I ask because my benzo brain can't handle much.  I did that even before this time.

One thing I know I believe about resilience is that it's a combination of strength and flexibility.  All of us are strong and flexible here, because we already willing to taper benzos and shift when we need to shift our schedules. 

We can and will get through this time.

Hi Everyone,

I'm doing okay, feeling some withdrawal symtoms but manageable. Still have itchy skin and eyes.  I'm working on trying to keep the inflammation and redness now. 

I think Mary made a good point in an earlier post.  Confirmed cases does not equal confiemed deaths.  I'm not downplaying the severity of all this but it's important to remember that fact. 

I continue to not watch the news and am trying to keep calm.  The meds still exhaust me so doing household projects still take a lot of effort.  But I did work with two patients yesterday.

I've been watching a lot of Too Cute on animal planet.

We took a short walk yesterday and again the city was quiet.  Some restaurants have signs saying they are open for delivery there are a few people walking around.  I need the fresh air so I do go out and keep my distance.  The elevators in our building are now limited to 4 people, which is fine by me.

Please stay back from the news except to check in occasionally or have someone else keep you updated.  I have my husband share information with me when I ask because my benzo brain can't handle much.  I did that even before this time.

One thing I know I believe about resilience is that it's a combination of strength and flexibility.  All of us are strong and flexible here, because we already willing to taper benzos and shift when we need to shift our schedules. 

We can and will get through this time.

Your posts are always so welcome FH.  It's so nice to hear you and your hubby get a walk together in a beautiful city, and that you can still work some.  You are right , strength and flexibility, and I want to add hope.  Together, we can share those things when one of us is struggling one day.  We are here to lift each other up.  That is what we have always done, we just have to step it up now.  AND WE WILL!!  Thanks so much for being here.  LY, Mary  :smitten: :smitten:

I am very grateful that it is almost the weekend. I need a break. I started a book last night, which I think was helpful. I took books out of our local library a week ago Thursday; I was anxious about it but I let them sit for a week so I am sure it's fine to begin reading them now.

My son is home and self isolating (he is still sleeping actually!). I am really not motivated to work but I am trying. I honestly just want to sleep ... I know that is depression.

Stay safe everyone.

You too NJ, you are in our hearts.  We know what you are going through is beyond description.  Rest if you can and remember, to keep them well, you Have to do self-care, it's very important.  LY,

Mary 💜💜

Thanks mm!

I fell asleep! My hands are dried up too! I hope he gets me diet coke! This is so lonely. Glad its Friday! Could use some help with thr cleaning from yhe guys. Lol hope you are feeling ok. My sx are better ttoday. Ly dd ❤❤❤😀

DD, order from a Target near you, they will leave it on your porch or outside your door. I am getting a lot from the target near me and also using Amazon. My only dilemma is produce and meat. I just put a meatloaf in the oven for dinner and I usually use half ground beef and half ground pork but I didn't have any pork so I just used beef and seasoned best I could. I do not want to go to the grocery store. I'm getting very paranoid about going out at all.

We're watching bridesmaids right now, so funny I love this movie. No more 24/7 news. I've decided to watch mostly comedy tv or shows with lots of humor.

:smitten: :smitten:

does Anyone have this issue? I’ve noticed that the color of my period is darker than before. Like a purple red color, instead of bright red which is what it used to be. It looks concerning but I’m not willing to get this checked out since I’m not gonna consider any medications. Sorry if tmi.

DD, order from a Target near you, they will leave it on your porch or outside your door. I am getting a lot from the target near me and also using Amazon. My only dilemma is produce and meat. I just put a meatloaf in the oven for dinner and I usually use half ground beef and half ground pork but I didn't have any pork so I just used beef and seasoned best I could. I do not want to go to the grocery store. I'm getting very paranoid about going out at all.

We're watching bridesmaids right now, so funny I love this movie. No more 24/7 news. I've decided to watch mostly comedy tv or shows with lots of humor.

That movie has one of the funniest 10 minutes scenes ever in a movie.  I laughed so hard , especially the second time I saw it, because you catch more of what's actually happening.  Totally hilarious  :2funny: :2funny:

That movie has one of the funniest 10 minutes scenes ever in a movie.  I laughed so hard , especially the second time I saw it, because you catch more of what's actually happening.  Totally hilarious  :2funny: :2funny:

I love it Mary! I know which scene you're talking about :laugh: :laugh:

My State is shutting down on Monday. Only hospitals, grocery stores, gas stations and hospitals can be open. I hope that means Rich's work has to shut down. I don't know bc of the military part of it, they could just stop production of the commercial end of it.. But we need our military to have their helicopters running and in good shape so I don't know. Rich thinks they will shut down here says the military has more than enough but is there such a thing as enough in this country? 🤨.. We'll see. I don't know how I'll get my diet Coke 😳 Target I think will have to close 🤬 ..I don't want to go to the grocery store I'm afraid. 😱

My State is shutting down on Monday. Only hospitals, grocery stores, gas stations and hospitals can be open. I hope that means Rich's work has to shut down. I don't know bc of the military part of it, they could just stop production of the commercial end of it.. But we need our military to have their helicopters running and in good shape so I don't know. Rich thinks they will shut down here says the military has more than enough but is there such a thing as enough in this country? 🤨.. We'll see. I don't know how I'll get my diet Coke 😳 Target I think will have to close 🤬 ..I don't want to go to the grocery store I'm afraid. 😱

Target is considered a grocery store I think.  I don't think you have to worry about that  :(. They are changing their hours some, but as long as food is sold, I think it's okay.  :D;).  Tim is going to buy groceries for his sister and I may go help, I haven't decided yet, I don't want him doing everything.

Watch ABC News tonight so you can see the happy/hopeful story story at the end  ;)

Target is considered a grocery store I think.  I don't think you have to worry about that  :(. They are changing their hours some, but as long as food is sold, I think it's okay.  :D;).  Tim is going to buy groceries for his sister and I may go help, I haven't decided yet, I don't want him doing everything.

Watch ABC News tonight so you can see the happy/hopeful story story at the end  ;)

oh Mary I'm so pissed! They said on local news tonight that defense contractors has to stay open! Damnit that means Rich's work will not close :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

The only good thing is he can take up to 2 weeks off without having to use his entitlement's. Then after that he can use his vacation time. I'm going to make him. We'll start blowing through our savings too bc it's leave without pay. He gets his vacation pay in a lump sum so he's already been paid for that. We put that in the bank now we'll just blow through it in the next few weeks to pay our bills and our mortgage. :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Damn  military has to have a trillion  gazillion helicopters!! Like I said it's never enough in this country! They have more helicopters than they can fly :tickedoff: :tickedoff: I'm so damn mad!! I love my country and I know we need our military strong but they have enough aircraft to fly for 20 lifetimes errrgggg !!

Hey DD, I hope you got your diet Coke! Don't know what I would do without mine. We all need our little pleasures especially during these extremely difficult times. I feel sorry for the people who drink. The package stores are closing around here. I'm glad I don't have a beer habit or any other alcohol. I'm much rather have a diet Coke. It doesn't rot your liver.

Here's to a refreshing diet Coke! Cheers !! 🥤🥤😂😂

oh Mary I'm so pissed! They said on local news tonight that defense contractors has to stay open! Damnit that means Rich's work will not close :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

The only good thing is he can take up to 2 weeks off without having to use his entitlement's. Then after that he can use his vacation time. I'm going to make him. We'll start blowing through our savings too bc it's leave without pay. He gets his vacation pay in a lump sum so he's already been paid for that. We put that in the bank now we'll just blow through it in the next few weeks to pay our bills and our mortgage. :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Damn  military has to have a trillion  gazillion helicopters!! Like I said it's never enough in this country! They have more helicopters than they can fly :tickedoff: :tickedoff: I'm so damn mad!! I love my country and I know we need our military strong but they have enough aircraft to fly for 20 lifetimes errrgggg !!

I'm sorry Trishy, what a horrible government Trump has turned our government into, Obama would be having the army helping the front line people, not making helicopters we don't need.  Trump shutting the borders means Tim will probably start working lesser hours a day, that is something at least.  I won't be here alone.  I am going to see if I can make some of those masks, I will have to do it by hand.  There is a fabric store about a mile from me.  I won't be able to produce many but at least it's a way to try and help and be distracting.  I already know 3 bb woman making them.  I am going to go with Tim tomorrow to help buy his sisters groceries too.  I can't have him taking all the risks.  I may go see the new puppy .  Love ya girlfriend, hang on, we are going to get through this, really :smitten: :smitten:

Mary I love Stumptown!

The only thing is it is supposed to be in Portland but it is so not Portland, and is not even filmed there. But I still love it!

I'm sorry Trishy, what a horrible government Trump has turned our government into, Obama would be having the army helping the front line people, not making helicopters we don't need.  Trump shutting the borders means Tim will probably start working lesser hours a day, that is something at least.  I won't be here alone.  I am going to see if I can make some of those masks, I will have to do it by hand.  There is a fabric store about a mile from me.  I won't be able to produce many but at least it's a way to try and help and be distracting.  I already know 3 bb woman making them.  I am going to go with Tim tomorrow to help buy his sisters groceries too.  I can't have him taking all the risks.  I may go see the new puppy .  Love ya girlfriend, hang on, we are going to get through this, really :smitten: :smitten:

Oh Mary what a wonderful thing to do. I think that's a very thoughtful, caring thing to do. This poor nurses and Drs on the Frontlines.. it really is heartbreaking. Please don't put yourself in any danger. I'm going to worry about everyone here when they say they are going out. I know we can't completely stop going out but the stores make me very nervous. If you're going to make masks please make one for yourself too. I can't sew at all, just buttons on a shirt maybe. My mother had a sewing machine and she loved to sew but I never picked it up from her, wish I had I might be doing the same to help in some way. I have about 6 N95 resperator masks but I think they're expired. I bought them back when we had the anthrax scare. That was quite awhile ago.

Anyway, Rich will be home for a decent amount of time so I'll have to just take what I can get. I really don't want him working.. Might try to keep him home on FMLA. I can try that next I guess 🤷

I watched a little ABC news tonight, I missed the end ☹️ hope it was a good happy story. 🙂

Please be careful tomorrow 🙏

Mary I love Stumptown!

The only thing is it is supposed to be in Portland but it is so not Portland, and is not even filmed there. But I still love it!

Maybe we should tell Cant!  I usually try to find things for him that have more seasons, but times are tough for tv right now ;).  And so many productions are going down, we may have nothing new next year :(.      My husband loves Stumptown and 68 Whiskey, both are pretty good. 

How are you doing?  :smitten: :smitten:

[d1...]