Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Omg! An earthquake! In the midst of this.  I am sorry. That is so scary. Watch we will get a blizzard next. Nothing would surprise me these days. Hand in there. My Aunt is from Utah, she hates the mormons. She tells us stories of how nuts they are.

Thanks for the app v! I'm finding these apps helpful. I really have a hard time meditating. I try so hard. My mind wo t shut up and I fall asleep. The benzo free podcast is good too. My friend b on here told me about it. Love dd

We made it thru another day! ❤❤❤🙏🙏🙏

Well,  DD, I guess I must say that the Mormons  do often  seem a bit odd. But many are simply nice people, while others are true fanatics. We have a neighbor who owns a very expensive gym, and unknown to him, his wife got caught up with polygamists. He took her to court and won custody of their kids.

However , they have since reconciled and had 2 more. I don’t know if he has custody of them also or not. But they are both rather odd in their own ways. Last summer, Dan and I had a conversation with her, and she made no sense whatsoever. We couldn’t wait to just go in the house. 💙

I am starting to get worried about my supply of remeron and klonopin. I am supposed to meet with my psychiatrist tomorrow. I have left numerous messages about whether he can do a phone call/call in prescription/mail to me whatever and I have heard nothing back. He is a one-man show with a secretary. I have some waiting at the pharmacy for me but I don't know if it is both. I will pick up tomorrow, want to go out just one time for groceries/pharmacy. Things are bad here, 86 new cases in the state and they are talking about using dorm rooms for hospitals. I am just so scared with my mom in the nursing home and my son being immunocompromised. Stay safe everyone.

Can you call the pharmacy NJS to see what they have waiting for you?  Have you spoken to your mom or anyone caring for her?

I hope you son is okay and his cold has not gotten worse.

FH: I picked up the prescriptions today so I am okay now for at least another two months if need be.

I speak with my mom nearly every day. She is bored. So far no word of the virus in the nursing home.

My son's cold seems okay, no worse. He is very upset he can't be with friends. We are the worst hit area of NJ (right outside of NYC--I think that is where you are?) and the nail and hair salons are still open, and everyone is still out and about. I feel so overwhelmed trying to keep my family safe but how can we do that when everyone is acting like this is an extended vacation? I am so upset, not sleeping well, and nauseous. I have a fitbit and my resting heart rate is 10 bpm higher this week than normal due to the anxiety.

People need to be forced to stay home. Also things with my job are uncertain right now, adding to my worry a bit. I know I can't think about that now.

Trishy, enjoy your birthday and celebrate somehow. Every birthday needs to be celebrated.

Intend, sorry about the earthquake. That is a lot to handle on top of everything else.

Hope everyone stays SAFE and has toilet paper!

Good you got your meds.  I'm happy that your mom is not sick and there is no sickness where she is right now.  I think you are doing an incredible job keeping the people you care about as safe as possible.  That's all we can do. 

All we can do is

Well, everyone, I think I’m off for the day. Have so much to do yet, and still haven’t done the things I planed on doing aside from the usual daily routine.

As Stut says, this too shall pass.

Goodnight everyone. 💙💚💛🧡❤️  🌹 🐾 🚂

I was thinking abut you today Intend when I heard about that earthquake.  I’m glad you are all safe.  After reading about the Mormons and their get together, it sounds kind of fun.  A bit like Potluck dinner with bullets and target practice.  That’s a change.  Anyways glad you are feeling k.

Trishy hope your birthday went well.

Maybe I will post a picture of my next pair of boots. But right now it’s time to wind down.

Happy Birthday 🎉 Trishy!!!!  Yay a new purse!  Fun! 

Just a note: if you haven’t already try and get your prescriber to order you extra prescriptions because we don’t know what’s gonna happen.  Per the pharmacist- the stock of drugs in the US “seems” to be ok right now but we don’t know how the supply chain will be for importing drugs from China given this virus and what the President is doing.  All kinds of crazy shit going with the military and cities being shutdown.  However, China is getting better and has reported no new cases reported.  I just don’t trust any Governments  though.  Especially the US.  But what I wanted to say that it IS possible to get extra prescriptions of a controlled drug in the US IF your doctor directly prescribed it to the pharmacist and explain why and most likely insurance won’t cover it because of FDA regulations so you’ll have to pay cash but there are drug discount programs like GoodRx. 

Be well all!

Meems

Hi everyone,

It looks like I missed the party but I wanted to drop in and say hi. Happy birthday Trishy!!!!!!! Sorry it's so hard right now. I know the anxiety can really bring you down. I have been having the weirdest anxiety, it is not at all like the w/d anxiety I experienced over the last few years. It is like, my whole body starts tingling, like I am very excited but it is fear not excitement, which are really the same feelings just one feels good and one feels bad. It is weird. My body doesn't know what to do. It's like I am half feeling like I am worrying too much and half feeling like I am not worrying enough and it's all just one big roller coaster. But we are ALL on this ride together.

It is impossible not to talk about it. My mom and I tried to talk about something else at dinner tonight but all roads lead back to coronavirus. It IS what is happening right now.

Intend I remember that LA earthquake, it was in 1994 I believe. The Northridge quake. It was just a few years after our big one in Santa Cruz, we had a 7.1 in 1989 and our whole downtown fell down. It was crazy! There were aftershocks for months. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that on top of the virus. That is very unfortunate and unfair.

Meems we have a Shelter in Place order.. it allows people to go out for food and medicine, and exercise. And pet walking. So my mom and I stayed home for 3 days but today we went for a walk in the park.

Vali, thinking of you in your country. Stay in touch, we love you.

GP, I'm glad your lungs are healing, I hope they continue to.

NJ, thinking of you and your son.

Stut, thank you so much for thinking of me. It is pretty strange to finally come out of my benzo haze and get smacked with a pandemic. I'm SO ready to go out and LIVE and I have to stay home in my old benzo w/d habits. sigh...

Final, Mary, Suzy, Troch, etc. love you.

Sending you guys so much love.

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Twiny l have the forklift ready is there any particular place you want me to move you to 😘? Well l hope you had a manageable day honey?l think you will get my posted present in a year or so 😵.Who isn't worried at this time?It impacts everyone equally.Even people that don't suffer anxiety are anxious so this is normal at this time.Try to remain as calm as possible honey and don't overthink this.l must say it is probably a lesson for everyone that said tapering is the worst thing well l think not and maybe now people can be more aware that things can indeed be a lot worse.l will say this however this is going to last a while however we will get through this like we always do.love you my lST X

Morning Val l have to say l am worried about you honey and have been for a while now.l really hope you post and let us know how you are.We are here when you feel up to it.love you.X

Morning NJ you are another person that l am worried about.l know you have huge responsibilities my love however so does everyone your son is not a child so it is his responsibility to keep himself safe.Take whatever action you can and hopefully that should be enough.love to you.X

Morning Intend good God it never rains but it pours as they say.l am glad you and Dan are ok.You appear to have good neighbours and that is priceless.Keep up the good work honey l hope you and Dan are well.love to you and our Dan.X

Morning Meems is it time to move on from toilet paper to medication?🤔 Honestly this is why there will be a shortage of necessities we have a lot of posts from pharmacies telling us to stop hoarding due to this very problem.love you.X

Morning Suzy l hope you continue to feel ok pet.Hold your nerve my lovely.One day at a time and like everything else we will prevail.l hope your mom is keeping ok? love you.X

Morning Olive both have the same sensations so really it's how your mind interprets it.Keep telling yourself l am so excited and that should lower any anxiety.ls your job safe my love?l have no doubt when this is over you will be out living life woohoo 🎊🎉.love you.X

Morning GP how are you today feeling ok?How many more days of the ab have you to go?I hope you feel better each day honey.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary did you get my pm? Have you started your marvel marathon 😂😂.Go on get stuck in you'll love them 😜.l have my sister's coming today so probably won't be on.All the schools are closing here on Friday and we are all social distancing which really isn't hard for us as we aren't very tactile people .l will speak to you soon honey.Try to have a decent day.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Free always good to see a post from you.love you my Free.X

. Morning Troch , Gilly Valley Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu Bill Stephen Final  and everyone here sending you my love X

Just a note: if you haven’t already try and get your prescriber to order you extra prescriptions because we don’t know what’s gonna happen.  Per the pharmacist- the stock of drugs in the US “seems” to be ok right now but we don’t know how the supply chain will be for importing drugs from China given this virus and what the President is doing.  All kinds of crazy shit going with the military and cities being shutdown.  However, China is getting better and has reported no new cases reported.  I just don’t trust any Governments  though.  Especially the US.  But what I wanted to say that it IS possible to get extra prescriptions of a controlled drug in the US IF your doctor directly prescribed it to the pharmacist and explain why and most likely insurance won’t cover it because of FDA regulations so you’ll have to pay cash but there are drug discount programs like GoodRx. 

Be well all!

Meems

Hey Meems! I'll say this I'll never forget my 57 th birthday! I hope to live to tell the tale 😳

I managed to get 2 refills on my next rx in April so I'm happy with that for now. That was a miracle to even get that! I'm just going to have to hope and pray for the best 😩🙏

Morning Twiny l have the forklift ready is there any particular place you want me to move you to 😘? Well l hope you had a manageable day honey?l think you will get my posted present in a year or so 😵.Who isn't worried at this time?It impacts everyone equally.Even people that don't suffer anxiety are anxious so this is normal at this time.Try to remain as calm as possible honey and don't overthink this.l must say it is probably a lesson for everyone that said tapering is the worst thing well l think not and maybe now people can be more aware that things can indeed be a lot worse.l will say this however this is going to last a while however we will get through this like we always do.love you my lST X

Morning Val l have to say l am worried about you honey and have been for a while now.l really hope you post and let us know how you are.We are here when you feel up to it.love you.X

Morning NJ you are another person that l am worried about.l know you have huge responsibilities my love however so does everyone your son is not a child so it is his responsibility to keep himself safe.Take whatever action you can and hopefully that should be enough.love to you.X

Morning Intend good God it never rains but it pours as they say.l am glad you and Dan are ok.You appear to have good neighbours and that is priceless.Keep up the good work honey l hope you and Dan are well.love to you and our Dan.X

Morning Meems is it time to move on from toilet paper to medication?🤔 Honestly this is why there will be a shortage of necessities we have a lot of posts from pharmacies telling us to stop hoarding due to this very problem.love you.X

Morning Suzy l hope you continue to feel ok pet.Hold your nerve my lovely.One day at a time and like everything else we will prevail.l hope your mom is keeping ok? love you.X

Morning Olive both have the same sensations so really it's how your mind interprets it.Keep telling yourself l am so excited and that should lower any anxiety.ls your job safe my love?l have no doubt when this is over you will be out living life woohoo 🎊🎉.love you.X

Morning GP how are you today feeling ok?How many more days of the ab have you to go?I hope you feel better each day honey.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary did you get my pm? Have you started your marvel marathon 😂😂.Go on get stuck in you'll love them 😜.l have my sister's coming today so probably won't be on.All the schools are closing here on Friday and we are all social distancing which really isn't hard for us as we aren't very tactile people .l will speak to you soon honey.Try to have a decent day.love you my lady Mary HenX

. Morning Troch , Gilly Valley Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu Bill Stephen Final  and everyone here sending you my love X

Yes twinny you can place me on a deserted island with you and all my friends here and we'll hunker down until this is over. Of course we will all need a boat load of benzos to taper but at least we'd all be safe. 🤔

Keep your British/ Irish bottom safe! You and your girl! Should you be socializing with the sister's right now?? 🤨 Make them wear masks while with you 😉

Love you,

LST ❤️

Hi everyone,

It looks like I missed the party but I wanted to drop in and say hi. Happy birthday Trishy!!!!!!! Sorry it's so hard right now. I know the anxiety can really bring you down. I have been having the weirdest anxiety, it is not at all like the w/d anxiety I experienced over the last few years. It is like, my whole body starts tingling, like I am very excited but it is fear not excitement, which are really the same feelings just one feels good and one feels bad. It is weird. My body doesn't know what to do. It's like I am half feeling like I am worrying too much and half feeling like I am not worrying enough and it's all just one big roller coaster. But we are ALL on this ride together.

It is impossible not to talk about it. My mom and I tried to talk about something else at dinner tonight but all roads lead back to coronavirus. It IS what is happening right now.

Intend I remember that LA earthquake, it was in 1994 I believe. The Northridge quake. It was just a few years after our big one in Santa Cruz, we had a 7.1 in 1989 and our whole downtown fell down. It was crazy! There were aftershocks for months. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that on top of the virus. That is very unfortunate and unfair.

Meems we have a Shelter in Place order.. it allows people to go out for food and medicine, and exercise. And pet walking. So my mom and I stayed home for 3 days but today we went for a walk in the park.

Vali, thinking of you in your country. Stay in touch, we love you.

GP, I'm glad your lungs are healing, I hope they continue to.

NJ, thinking of you and your son.

Stut, thank you so much for thinking of me. It is pretty strange to finally come out of my benzo haze and get smacked with a pandemic. I'm SO ready to go out and LIVE and I have to stay home in my old benzo w/d habits. sigh...

Final, Mary, Suzy, Troch, etc. love you.

Sending you guys so much love.

Thank you Olive! Please keep yourself safe! These are hard times. 😢 I agree it's with you too, it's almost impossible to talk of anything else. 😩

😘❤️

Be well all!

Meems

I have a Dr appointment the 30th, I am definitely asking my Dr for extra.  I have 2 months of stash , would feel better if I had a couple more.  I am going through all my meds today to see if anything can be filled.  I have some pretty good stashes on them also, cut them back a long time ago but didn't tell Dr.  Going to move everything on my kitchen counter today, clean all that and put stuff back, they were saying it stays on surfaces a lot longer than they thought.  Cardboard, 24 hours :idiot: :idiot:

That's terrible, it stays on money, plastic, so wash after you touch anything new coming into the house.Everyone take care of yourself, love you all !!  Mary 💜💜

Morning Stut, haven't started Marvel yet, but today maybe the day!  I am going to be cleaning counters in between.  Yes, I am glad Tim is pretty calm, I don't think I could handle anybody else's.

Not the best time to be in withdrawal and virus.  Doing the best I can though.  Lots of people checked in yesterday, so that was great.  We really need to hear from each other right now.  I am so hoping Muffin is okay.  We have so many pets not feeling well right now  :(. Sly hadn't gained any weight !!

That's really good for me and Tim , we have had a chunky dog now and again.  Love you woman, please take care.  Hope your daughter and the lad is okay.  Aunt aand sis too, all of them  :)

I am your Lady Mary  :laugh: :laugh:  it was good to hear from SS yesterday and to know she has her mom's dog, who is huge and afraid of her cats  ;D:laugh:  Love you woman, Mary X Hen 💜💜

Morning LHSG, hope you are all okay with few symptoms.  This is really hard, please check in again today if you can,  it's good to know how everyone is doing.  Love you all!!  Mary 💜💜💜

I was a mess when I woke up this morning even though I did sleep. My older son is coming home from a trip he had to abandon--since he has unknown exposure and my other son is high risk, he needs to be quarantined in our bedroom for two weeks. This is going to be hard. I am just struggling with feeling like I need to be so vigilant to keep everyone healthy. I can't wipe down all the counters like Mary! I picked up groceries yesterday and just couldn't wipe everything down before I put in the fridge; all pantry items are still in the bags in side of kitchen. This is just a lot of work on top of a full time job and still dealing with all the "regular" household stuff.

I was a mess when I woke up this morning even though I did sleep. My older son is coming home from a trip he had to abandon--since he has unknown exposure and my other son is high risk, he needs to be quarantined in our bedroom for two weeks. This is going to be hard. I am just struggling with feeling like I need to be so vigilant to keep everyone healthy. I can't wipe down all the counters like Mary! I picked up groceries yesterday and just couldn't wipe everything down before I put in the fridge; all pantry items are still in the bags in side of kitchen. This is just a lot of work on top of a full time job and still dealing with all the "regular" household stuff.

Oh NJ, I hear the anxiety in your voice.  You are handling way too much.  Can you husband help too?

I have no idea how you can keep one isolated in the bedroom, and another high risk.  With my back, I am doing all the counters, but areas at a time, and am trying to wash more loads of clothes.  You need some help.  I don't know how you can manage all of this.  I feel terrible for you.  I hope your whole family stays safe.  We all worry about you , and now both sons.  I have so much respect for you.

Love you, Mary 💜💜💜

Mary, we offered to send my one son away but he wants to be home. He also struggles with mental health issues. I think I am going to start working shorter days for at least a while. Since I work from home no one knows and honestly there is not that much to do at the moment.

Mary, we offered to send my one son away but he wants to be home. He also struggles with mental health issues. I think I am going to start working shorter days for at least a while. Since I work from home no one knows and honestly there is not that much to do at the moment.

I am just glad you can lessen the anxiety somewhat.  You are in a scary situation, I hope after a few days, you guys have figured out a system to make it work easier than you thought possible.  I can't imagine how you feel.  We all are here for you.  :smitten: :smitten:

NJ I'm so sorry. I can relate to not wiping everything down. I am doing the best I can. I am not wiping any groceries down. I am terrified to my core over this but it's causing depression and I'm finding it difficult to be so disciplined with the cleaning. I wipe counter tops daily, sinks, bathroom, door knobs but that's it. Trying to keep up on the laundry as well.. But I'm losing steam.

Just had a telehealth session with my therapist. She didn't try to sugar coat anything with me. I talked to her about medication being harder to get bc of China, she didn't deny that it could become a problem. This is all too much for my head.

I wonder if the CDC has any instructions for quaranting someone in your home. There might be some useful guidelines or even Google might have tips to successfully do this. It will definitely not be easy. I'm worried about this too when my husband goes back to work. I almost want him to sleep in our spare bedroom. 🤦‍♀️

NJ I'm so sorry. I can relate to not wiping everything down. I am doing the best I can. I am not wiping any groceries down. I am terrified to my core over this but it's causing depression and I'm finding it difficult to be so disciplined with the cleaning. I wipe counter tops daily, sinks, bathroom, door knobs but that's it. Trying to keep up on the laundry as well.. But I'm losing steam.

Just had a telehealth session with my therapist. She didn't try to sugar coat anything with me. I talked to her about medication being harder to get bc of China, she didn't deny that it could become a problem. This is all too much for my head.

I wonder if the CDC has any instructions for quaranting someone in your home. There might be some useful guidelines or even Google might have tips to successfully do this. It will definitely not be easy. I'm worried about this too when my husband goes back to work. I almost want him to sleep in our spare bedroom. 🤦‍♀️

Thanks Trishy and Mary. I know we are supposed to serve all mails on paper plates/use disposable silver wear. I don't think he has been exposed so that is good, where he is coming from has very few cases. But unfortunately we all just need to be careful, especially since there are so many who really don't seem to care about anyone at all! The pictures from spring break in Florida were so upsetting to me.

Thanks Trishy and Mary. I know we are supposed to serve all mails on paper plates/use disposable silver wear. I don't think he has been exposed so that is good, where he is coming from has very few cases. But unfortunately we all just need to be careful, especially since there are so many who really don't seem to care abrout anyone at all! The pictures from spring break in Florida were so upsetting to me.

Me too NJ.  What are the parents of those kids in Florida thinking, are they nuts?  Are they going to let them come home and make their grandmother sick?  I just don't understand how anyone can be so careless.  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:  I am slowly getting the counters cleaned, tonight Tim is going to take anything off the counters we don't use on a daily basis, to make them easier to wipe down and put the stuff out in the garage in a pantry we have out there now.  Have to try to make things as easy as possible.  Trishy had a good idea but if I know you NJ, you have already researched.  :)

Love you both Ladies, Mary 💜💜💜

Hey peeps come on out kids and check in! How is everyone doing today? Meems, FH, GP, DD, all who have not popped in today I hope you will even if it's a quick post.

Love to all,.

Trishy ❤️

Hi everyone,

Kind of a rough day. Jim was pretty grouchy this mor ing. Plus my eye hurts and I'm ti ugly everywhere. I feel like I'm full of bees. Its pro ably anxiety. This pandemic T s getting to me today. ❤🙏

Sorry about your eye DD, goodness knows I know how annoying it is, plus the CV.  I was pretty anxious this morning too.  I hate we are all going through this and withdrawal.  I would say it isn't fair, but what good would it do.  I truly believe most are just not deadly, pretty sick maybe but not deadly.

I keep watching the number of people that have it confirmed and the number of deaths, and that still seems to be a low number.  You have some Diet Coke. And try to calm down as much as you can.

Thank you for posting, we want to keep up with everyone as best we can.  Love you girlfriend, you are a sensitive soul as FH said.  We are all crazy about you.    :smitten: :smitten: Mary 💜💜

[73...]