Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

UH OH!

I couldn't sleep.  Was walking around all night. At about 3 am I could not remember if I took my 10PM dose of Valium. ( I usually dose .6 at 10 AM and .6 at 10 PM.)

I always write it down when I take it. And It wasn't written down!

So I took it at 3 A.M.

What if I did take it at 10 PM but I just forgot to write it down? Then I would have taken three doses in one day!

It's too late to change anything now, but in the future if this happens again, is it better to miss a dose or is it better to have an extra dose?

Should I NOT take my 10:00AM dose tomorrow and just wait until 10 pm to take my dose tomorrow?

Oh man did I mess myself up? Now what?

And things were going pretty good up until now!

Heath

UH OH!

I couldn't sleep.  Was walking around all night. At about 3 am I could not remember if I took my 10PM dose of Valium. ( I usually dose .6 at 10 AM and .6 at 10 PM.)

I always write it down when I take it. And It wasn't written down!

So I took it at 3 A.M.

What if I did take it at 10 PM but I just forgot to write it down? Then I would have taken three doses in one day!

It's too late to change anything now, but in the future if this happens again, is it better to miss a dose or is it better to have an extra dose?

Should I NOT take my 10:00AM dose tomorrow and just wait until 10 pm to take my dose tomorrow?

Oh man did I mess myself up? Now what?

And things were going pretty good up until now!

Heath

Hi Heath,

It will be okay.  Just take your regularly scheduled dose.  I have done the same thing in the past with no problems.  Take one extra dose will not make a difference.

Anne

Heath,

I agree 100% with Anne.  Give it no thought and just continue with your regular dose.  This has happened to all of us one time or another (or many!).  I sometimes look in my pill box and am shocked!  If I didn't have that thing I would be up the creek!

MiYu I once tried to updose from 1mg to 1.5mg and stayed there for 5 days. It didnt work so I dropped back down. Even though I'd been at the new dose for 5 days it didnt seem to have an effect what I went back to 1.

Thanks Shamo  :)

I'm thinking when my friend delivered the new script and maybe it's only been 4 days , so perhaps it'll be ok to drop the 1 1/4 mgs all at once. I wondered why I was feeling so tired !

I hope you stabilize with your morning anxiety ..... Perhaps you can do some stretching and breathing , I know anxiety is so horrible , but it will pass in time from all  accounts I've read .  :)

I have found when I up dose, it takes more than a week, much longer to sometimes feel better, but I do, even when I was at 0 up to 5mg it took a while, to build up and it did not happen over night, but finally I started feeling better, everything about Benzo's takes some time, some less than others, but more than a week for me. :)

Hi Begood... Was this post in response to mine , not sure? I didn't intentially updose, so I want to cut right back down again. Today! I think it's been only 4 days so I think I'm just going to cut the whole

thing ( 1 1/4 mgs)

Hope that's safe... I guess I'll find out .  :smitten:

I have found when I up dose, it takes more than a week, much longer to sometimes feel better, but I do, even when I was at 0 up to 5mg it took a while, to build up and it did not happen over night, but finally I started feeling better, everything about Benzo's takes some time, some less than others, but more than a week for me. :)

Always takes me a full 3 weeks to really feel a cut OR UPDOSE - but we are all different......

Always takes me a full 3 weeks to really feel a cut OR UPDOSE - but we are all different......

How are you feeling now from your updose fight? Has it helped you stabilize?

Thanks Anne and Lynn,

I will take my regular dose as you suggest. (and try not to worry about it )

Hopefully all will be ok as you said.

Heath  :(

How are you feeling now from your up dose fight? Has it helped you stabilize?

Since I have been on Liquid taper, I think I have done it once, or twice just not sure and I just went up to last small dose where I felt OK, and it worked and then was able to continure my taper, I would say I am pretty stabilize this go round my first two tapers were horrific, before I joined BB I decided I would go slow and I would not rush and in between I would hold for a period of time, and in all honesty it has worked very well for me since I now only have blips of sx that come and go as fast as they come, and I hope that you and anyone who struggles can find a way to lessen the sx,. :smitten:

How are you feeling now from your updose fight? Has it helped you stabilize?

I think better - certainly not worse......so while it didn't backfire (good news) it MAY have helped - The arthritis in my fingers, cog fog and balance issues are the worst by far - but I think I'm just stuck with those till the bitter end.....but I'm calmer - and a lot of my vision issues went away

Valley.... What do you think , if it's only been four days that I've updosed accidently , can I just drop back down the 1-1/4 mgs? It means I've taken a total of 5 extra mgs of V over the 4 days.

Thank you!  :crazy:

Hi Heathcliff ... Hope you're doing ok  :smitten:

Valley.... What do you think , if it's only been four days that I've updosed accidently , can I just drop back down the 1-1/4 mgs? It means I've taken a total of 5 extra mgs of V over the 4 days.

Hi MiYu. I think you'd be fine to just drop. I've done it myself after 4 days on a couple of attempted up doses.  :)--V

Just saw this and boy it sure sounds like me.  When I decided to hold to see if things got better they got worse. Like it took a while for the cuts to catch up with me. And now I've updosed a little and my doc said to switch to valium so a lot going on but have had a little improvement in the last few days.  I'm taking 5mg of valium morning and evening instead of the .5 mg Ativan, but I also added back in a .5 mg of Ativan in the middle of the day and it's really only after I take that dose of Ativan that I get relief right now.  Just waiting for things to stabilize.  I don't mind this taking a long time if I can feel pretty much ok during that time.  Wish I had gone a LOT slower at the beginning but I was feeling ok then even after the cuts.  I am rambling on and really have no point.  :)

Just saw this and boy it sure sounds like me.  When I decided to hold to see if things got better they got worse. Like it took a while for the cuts to catch up with me. And now I've updosed a little and my doc said to switch to valium so a lot going on but have had a little improvement in the last few days.  I'm taking 5mg of valium morning and evening instead of the .5 mg Ativan, but I also added back in a .5 mg of Ativan in the middle of the day and it's really only after I take that dose of Ativan that I get relief right now.  Just waiting for things to stabilize.  I don't mind this taking a long time if I can feel pretty much ok during that time.  Wish I had gone a LOT slower at the beginning but I was feeling ok then even after the cuts.  I am rambling on and really have no point.  :)

Your point was well stated AF. I started out too fast also and then had a long wait to stabilize. As of now it looks like I'm going to have to ditch the caffeine. I was doing fine until the last few days of MT lol. I actually like the hybrid taper approach. Mixing V with something with a longer duration of action makes sense to me theoretically. Now I'm rambling :laugh:

Sure you do have a point, you realized sometimes things need to be changed and you are doing the best you can to find what is best for you, I can only write about what has helped me, and hope that someone will not be afraid to try something to feel better, I have been reading a Thread and the poor Buddie is doing so badly and I want to go in tell her to up dose and stabilize and it will get better in time, but I do not have that edge with her, because so many are advising to plow through the bad times and they will go away, well my first two tapers they did not go away, only got to the point I was close to having a stroke twice, so now I do not worry about anything concerning these little pills, just that I am going to do it the way I had been doing way before  The Long Hold Support Thread was even born, I guess for me I had to go all the way to the pits of hell to realize that I had done everything too fast and too big of cuts, My ENT's decision, but I fired him and my GP is allowing me to do my thing. Now so sorry for the book I just wrote ;D.

Sure you do have a point, you realized sometimes things need to be changed and you are doing the best you can to find what is best for you, I can only write about what has helped me, and hope that someone will not be afraid to try something to feel better, I have been reading a Thread and the poor Buddie is doing so badly and I want to go in tell her to up dose and stabilize and it will get better in time, but I do not have that edge with her, because so many are advising to plow through the bad times and they will go away, well my first two tapers they did not go away, only got to the point I was close to having a stroke twice, so now I do not worry about anything concerning these little pills, just that I am going to do it the way I had been doing way before  The Long Hold Support Thread was even born, I guess for me I had to go all the way to the pits of hell to realize that I had done everything too fast and too big of cuts, My ENT's decision, but I fired him and my GP is allowing me to do my thing. Now so sorry for the book I just wrote ;D.

I know who you are referring to BG. I gave it a try when she first started to post about the terrible sxs but didn't get any traction so I gave up. Makes me feel bad that people suffer needlessly. I believe it's the anxiety that  causes faulty reasoning and the thinking that suffering will end once you get off. This is truly a race for the turtles.  Hope you're doing well! :)--V

Hi MiYu. I think you'd be fine to just drop. I've done it myself after 4 days on a couple of attempted up doses.  :)--V

Thanks V , I think I'll just go for it and hope for the best.... Feel awfull today so it hasn't made a dent as far as symtoms relief thus far, so maybe it will be ok.  :o

Are you doing ok? Hard to measure with Valium and when to quit while you're ahead so to speak ..... :)

Thanks V , I think I'll just go for it and hope for the best.... Feel awfull today so it hasn't made a dent as far as symtoms relief thus far, so maybe it will be ok.  :o

Are you doing ok? Hard to measure with Valium and when to quit while you're ahead so to speak ..... :)

Hi  MIYU,

I accidentally up dosed  by .08 when I first switched to liquid. I went right back down when I realized it, after about a month's time.  I had some side effects for a short time but nothing terrible. I know it sounds like .08. is no big deal, but I am very sensitive to this stuff and it was a big up dose, and subsequent drop for me, especially because I was at a very low dose to begin with.. I agree with everyone here, you should be fine.

I hope you are doing ok today. Are you still holding?

As for me, I think I missed a dose, so I took another dose later.  Im still not sure if I needed that extra dose or if I wound up with an extra dose.

I am back on schedule, but if I did mess up anything, wdfx won't show for at least a week because I am on valium. It has a long half life. The  buddies say should be fine and not to give it a second thought. So that's what I'm doing.

Hope your updose and down again, works well for you.

Heath

I agree the V is tricky.  If you know your symptom pattern you can usually catch it before it gets out of control. For me it's when my palms start getting overly sweaty. That's the first sign to stop and hold lol. If I keep cutting, the menatal hits pretty quick after that. I'm doing fine right now. My main symptom is caffeine induced anxiety. Can't get away with drinking 6 diet mountain dews any more lol. Hope things turn around for you soon! :)--V

I know who you are referring to BG. I gave it a try when she first started to post about the terrible sxs but didn't get any traction so I gave up. Makes me feel bad that people suffer needlessly. I believe it's the anxiety that  causes faulty reasoning and the thinking that suffering will end once you get off. This is truly a race for the turtles.  Hope you're doing well! :)--V

The Turtle is doing fine, thanks.  :smitten: 

Anybody on here have body twitches? I had them rarely and very few during this whole taper, but this morning I woke up twitching all over and it won't stop. I have partially tapered my Q. Now I have dissolved my L. That's all. And suddenly this horrible new symptom. I don't know what to think. I was going to start my taper on Sunday, but now what? The twitching is awful and everywhere. How do I decide if this is drug toxicity and I need to get lower or if this is from my Q taper or if this is from dissolving my L? This is very scary. I'm afraid to tell my doctor because I think she will just jerk me off the meds.

BTW. I found an old thread of people talking about this as post-taper symptom, but I am not post taper. I am holding.

Gard

I'm no Dr but I did read somewhere (here) about someone having this and it turned out to be low magnesium?? Just a thought - but we all should make sure that our electrolytes are within range

Probably doesn't help but I thought I would throw it out there just in case.......

[09...]