Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Just an update here.

:happybday: Trish!! 🎂 🍰

So, we have tremendous panic here over the virus. People will not stop buying out the stores. Restrictions finally put on TP, paper towels, and those Purell wipes, but not on food.

And to top it off, we had a 5.7 magnitude earthquake at 7:09 am this morning. Local news stations going off and on all morning.

And Mary and Brad moving back in about 2.5 weeks. Brad has new job at St. Marks hospital as head of perfusionist team.

Now because of virus and this added problem of this earthquake, people urged to stay off the streets completely. The quake hit in Magna, Utah which is 11 miles from the airport. So the airport is now closed, but for all the damage, crews moving fast to repair everything.

Dan nearly literally lost his mind and jumped out of bed, and then I turned on the tv to watch all these frantic reporters. Then neighbors texting me non stop to see if we are ok. (Actually very concerned about us, which is a good thing.)

Paul next door came home to check on Corin, and Dan was still ranting and raving. Then Paul wanted to take Dan for a ride to help him calm down. Paul is a very good man, and it did help Dan calm down.

Then Blake came to check our gas meter to make sure no leaks. So no leaks. Then as he is in mining engineering, he explained the quake.

There is big work going on at the airport, and the building of the new prison out by the great Salt Lake. This area is built on an ancient lake called Bonneville Lake filled with salt. So there is building going on right there. In order to build, it’s necessary to drive cement pylons below the sand 140 ft down to hit bedrock to secure this building. And as the pylons go through the sand, the sand shifts to accommodate. So we felt the sand shifting.

So between Paul and Blake, Dan calmed down and now is back in bed napping.

And Mary has bought us food through amazon. It came yesterday with more to come today. It is hard to just stay in the house all the time. So as I shouldn’t leave, it’s also next to impossible to find anything you need unless you go out and look. I’m well aware of online shopping and Corin does this. But her last order was completely nixed at Walmart as they were sold out again.

Just had 4.6 pt aftershock which is the biggest we’ve had yet this morning.

Thank you intend!

Oh my godddddddd!! An earthquake?! That would have horrified me! I'm glad you and Dan are ok. Do you get them in Utah often? Can't say I've ever heard much about Utah having them. California yes but not Utah.. what is this the end of the world? Geeeshhh.. 😳

Good Lord you guys stay safe. It's absolutely surreal what's happening.

😘💞

Just an update here.

So, we have tremendous panic here over the virus. People will not stop buying out the stores. Restrictions finally put on TP, paper towels, and those Purell wipes, but not on food.

And to top it off, we had a 5.7 magnitude earthquake at 7:09 am this morning. Local news stations going off and on all morning.

And Mary and Brad moving back in about 2.5 weeks. Brad has new job at St. Marks hospital as head of perfusionist team.

Now because of virus and this added problem of this earthquake, people urged to stay off the streets completely. The quake hit in Magna, Utah which is 11 miles from the airport. So the airport is now closed, but for all the damage, crews moving fast to repair everything.

Dan nearly literally lost his mind and jumped out of bed, and then I turned on the tv to watch all these frantic reporters. Then neighbors texting me non stop to see if we are ok. (Actually very concerned about us, which is a good thing.)

Paul next door came home to check on Corin, and Dan was still ranting and raving. Then Paul wanted to take Dan for a ride to help him calm down. Paul is a very good man, and it did help Dan calm down.

Then Blake came to check our gas meter to make sure no leaks. So no leaks. Then as he is in mining engineering, he explained the quake.

There is big work going on at the airport, and the building of the new prison out by the great Salt Lake. This area is built on an ancient lake called Bonneville Lake filled with salt. So there is building going on right there. In order to build, it’s necessary to drive cement pylons below the sand 140 ft down to hit bedrock to secure this building. And as the pylons go through the sand, the sand shifts to accommodate. So we felt the sand shifting.

And Mary has bought us food through amazon. It came yesterday with more to come today. It is hard to just stay in the house all the time. So as I shouldn’t leave, it’s also next to impossible to find anything you need unless you go out and look. I’m well aware of online shopping and Corin does this. But her last order was completely nixed at Walmart as they were sold out again.

Hi Intend. I read about the quake and wondered how you and your loved were.  I'm glad you are okay physically and understand how it would shake you up emotionally. 

With everything going on, its hard to know what to say but I am glad you weren't hurt.  It sounds like you are doing everything you can to take care of yourself. 

Hang on.

Happy Birthday Trishy.

You will have a story to tell in the future of how you spent this birthday.

Thank you Fh..I hope I live to tell the tale 😳❤️

Happy Birthday Trishy.

You will have a story to tell in the future of how you spent this birthday.

Thank you Fh..I hope I live to tell the tale 😳❤️

You definelty will. 

I am starting to get worried about my supply of remeron and klonopin. I am supposed to meet with my psychiatrist tomorrow. I have left numerous messages about whether he can do a phone call/call in prescription/mail to me whatever and I have heard nothing back. He is a one-man show with a secretary. I have some waiting at the pharmacy for me but I don't know if it is both. I will pick up tomorrow, want to go out just one time for groceries/pharmacy. Things are bad here, 86 new cases in the state and they are talking about using dorm rooms for hospitals. I am just so scared with my mom in the nursing home and my son being immunocompromised. Stay safe everyone.

Can you call the pharmacy NJS to see what they have waiting for you?  Have you spoken to your mom or anyone caring for her?

I hope you son is okay and his cold has not gotten worse. 

Just an update here.

Thank you intend!

Oh my godddddddd!! An earthquake?! That would have horrified me! I'm glad you and Dan are ok. Do you get them in Utah often? Can't say I've ever heard much about Utah having them. California yes but not Utah.. what is this the end of the world? Geeeshhh.. 😳

😘💞

I wonder myself what is going on. No more after shocks yet, but this sort of thing makes one feel afraid no matter what. Neighbor next door called my cell phone this morning early and she is a true believer in “the apocalypse.”

Not Corin but Cindy. Now those groceries have arrived, and with that last after shock, Dan immediately got up again. Little Pepper is terrified and in hiding. Dan found her in the hallway early this morning shaking and trembling. She hid somewhere, and then came out when she heard Blake’s voice. And now with this big after shock, she’s in hiding again. Mary texted me and said it felt apocalyptic to her, and I almost feel  that way myself.

Yes Trish, Utah is on a fault line between the Wasatch Mountains and Oquirrh Mountains and on that salt bed.

They’re always talking about “the big one” as they call it, and to always be prepared with the food, water and I guess TP. It’s just the “Mormon way” as they put it. Part of their religion to always be prepared. Those type of thoughts permeate the entire state as they are in the majority of people here, and even though many have fallen away from their church, they were brought up that way so they are “hard wired” to think this way.

I like being stocked  up on things like the TP and coffee creamer, and plenty of things at sams club, so we go there about every six months, but I’m not a fanatic about it. I have been to dinners they have like Christmas or the women’s relief society, and the men and women separate from the men.

I’m not sure what the men do, but the women pretty much always talk about being prepared, and then how to do it and where to get things in volume. And they all have guns in case anyone invades to get their stockpile. One morning a few years ago one of our neighbors bought a new gun safe that he wanted to move downstairs.  So he asked  Dan to help him  and then Dan flagged down other men to help. It was a huge safe and no one could have moved it without more help.

Thank you for your concern. 🥀

Just an update here.

Hi Intend. I read about the quake and wondered how you and your loved were.  I'm glad you are okay physically and understand how it would shake you up emotionally. 

With everything going on, its hard to know what to say but I am glad you weren't hurt.  It sounds like you are doing everything you can to take care of yourself. 

Hang on.

We will F.H. Thank you for your concern. It’s pretty sobering to think we’re all stuck in this miasma of fear aside from the worry associated with benzos. 🌺

Intend- I’m from CA and been through many earthquakes and cannot imagine going through one right now; and the aftershocks.  So sorry you, the city has to go through during this trying time. 

Did I read it’s Trishy’s birthday 🎁?  My dear what are you going to do to celebrate? 

I hope everyone is doing ok during this uncertain time.  It’s very frightening and I feel like it’s a cross between the twilight zone and an episode of The Walking Dead.  I even saw a long line about a block long of people in line for the gun and ammo store.  I kid you not.  I’ve stocked up this far on food for me and my mom but she has chronic renal failure and is on dialysis so she has limited diet.  But I think we’re ok. 

Olive Kitty - how is it going on San Francisco Bay Area lockdown? 

So Benzo update - Dr called me in 90 day supply of my diazepam. Which should last me about 5 months since I don’t take the full amount prescribed cause of my taper.  I’m paying out of pocket for it through GoodRx discount program since it’s a controlled drug and the US law keeps tabs on it.  So my doctor actually had to directly give pharmacist the directive that the reason I am being prescribed more is because of the Corona Virus and the potential supply chain between US and China.  And now Trump is picking a fight with China so who knows.  Anyways.  My doctor is so cool.  She said “take care of yourself and laugh as much as you can.”  It’s times like this that make me hate it that I am on this shit. To be so dependent on a drug because of tapering and the nightmare of ever having to cold turkey.  As you know, I’ve done that before and it was the worst hellish experience (for me). 

So....we all gotta be strong and have faith and take this one minute at a time.  It’s hard to not have fear when we see it getting worse.

Love you all,

Meems

Just an update here.

Thank you intend!

😘💞

I wonder myself what is going on. No more after shocks yet, but this sort of thing makes one feel afraid no matter what. Neighbor next door called my cell phone this morning early and she is a true believer in “the apocalypse.”

Not Corin but Cindy. Now those groceries have arrived, and with that last after shock, Dan immediately got up again. Little Pepper is terrified and in hiding. Dan found her in the hallway early this morning shaking and trembling. She hid somewhere, and then came out when she heard Blake’s voice. And now with this big after shock, she’s in hiding again. Mary texted me and said it felt apocalyptic to her, and I almost feel  that way myself.

Yes Trish, Utah is on a fault line between the Wasatch Mountains and Oquirrh Mountains and on that salt bed.

They’re always talking about “the big one” as they call it, and to always be prepared with the food, water and I guess TP. It’s just the “Mormon way” as they put it. Part of their religion to always be prepared. Those type of thoughts permeate the entire state as they are in the majority of people here, and even though many have fallen away from their church, they were brought up that way so they are “hard wired” to think this way.

I like being stocked  up on things like the TP and coffee creamer, and plenty of things at sams club, so we go there about every six months, but I’m not a fanatic about it. I have been to dinners they have like Christmas or the women’s relief society, and the men and women separate from the men.

I’m not sure what the men do, but the women pretty much always talk about being prepared, and then how to do it and where to get things in volume. And they all have guns in case anyone invades to get their stockpile. One morning a few years ago one of our neighbors bought a new gun safe that he wanted to move downstairs.  So he asked  Dan to help him  and then Dan flagged down other men to help. It was a huge safe and no one could have moved it without more help.

[/quote

Oh my intend poor little Pepper hiding. I'm so sad tonight. I can't believe everything that's going on. I'm actually terrified. I'm listening to CNN and there's two people on that had the virus and one woman who had it her symtoms were terrifying to me. I don't know how I'm going to hold up. I'm beginning to just lose it.

I didn't know Sam's club had social events.. I don't think I ever want to come out of the house again.. I'm beginning to feel paralyzed with fear. They're saying this could last 18 months. They say you can't take Advil if you get the virus. I can't take Tylenol I'm allergic..wtf?

I'm so glad that you guys are ok and that the after shocks have stopped. How frightening all that must have been. I have to say my faith is weak right now. It's difficult to even pray. I feel like I've been battling something my whole life. Now this 🤦‍♀️😩

How are you handling all this?

Love to you Dan and Pepper ❤️

Omg! An earthquake! In the midst of this.  I am sorry. That is so scary. Watch we will get a blizzard next. Nothing would surprise me these days. Hand in there. My Aunt is from Utah, she hates the mormons. She tells us stories of how nuts they are.

Thanks for the app v! I'm finding these apps helpful. I really have a hard time meditating. I try so hard. My mind wo t shut up and I fall asleep. The benzo free podcast is good too. My friend b on here told me about it. Love dd

We made it thru another day! ❤❤❤🙏🙏🙏

I am starting to get worried about my supply of remeron and klonopin. I am supposed to meet with my psychiatrist tomorrow. I have left numerous messages about whether he can do a phone call/call in prescription/mail to me whatever and I have heard nothing back. He is a one-man show with a secretary. I have some waiting at the pharmacy for me but I don't know if it is both. I will pick up tomorrow, want to go out just one time for groceries/pharmacy. Things are bad here, 86 new cases in the state and they are talking about using dorm rooms for hospitals. I am just so scared with my mom in the nursing home and my son being immunocompromised. Stay safe everyone.

Can you call the pharmacy NJS to see what they have waiting for you?  Have you spoken to your mom or anyone caring for her?

FH: I picked up the prescriptions today so I am okay now for at least another two months if need be.

I speak with my mom nearly every day. She is bored. So far no word of the virus in the nursing home.

My son's cold seems okay, no worse. He is very upset he can't be with friends. We are the worst hit area of NJ (right outside of NYC--I think that is where you are?) and the nail and hair salons are still open, and everyone is still out and about. I feel so overwhelmed trying to keep my family safe but how can we do that when everyone is acting like this is an extended vacation? I am so upset, not sleeping well, and nauseous. I have a fitbit and my resting heart rate is 10 bpm higher this week than normal due to the anxiety.

People need to be forced to stay home. Also things with my job are uncertain right now, adding to my worry a bit. I know I can't think about that now.

Trishy, enjoy your birthday and celebrate somehow. Every birthday needs to be celebrated.

Intend, sorry about the earthquake. That is a lot to handle on top of everything else.

Hope everyone stays SAFE and has toilet paper!

This certainly does seem like the Twighlight zone meems. I already felt like my life was a scifi fi movie, but now I just like wtf! Please give us us break!

My god tt, what a birthday! Did you get a good present from Rich? I need shopping therapy sooo bad :-[ :-[ 🎂🥂😘

Actually I did it's a two tone pink Michael kors purse 😁 Rich asked me what I wanted, I showed him that and he said order it so I did without hesitation LOLOL!! But that was days ago.. It won't be here until Saturday, everything is coming late bc of the massive orders coming in to Amazon over the virus. It's ok though I won't use it until spring anyway. 😘🥂

FH: I picked up the prescriptions today so I am okay now for at least another two months if need be.

I speak with my mom nearly every day. She is bored. So far no word of the virus in the nursing home.

My son's cold seems okay, no worse. He is very upset he can't be with friends. We are the worst hit area of NJ (right outside of NYC--I think that is where you are?) and the nail and hair salons are still open, and everyone is still out and about. I feel so overwhelmed trying to keep my family safe but how can we do that when everyone is acting like this is an extended vacation? I am so upset, not sleeping well, and nauseous. I have a fitbit and my resting heart rate is 10 bpm higher this week than normal due to the anxiety.

People need to be forced to stay home. Also things with my job are uncertain right now, adding to my worry a bit. I know I can't think about that now.

Trishy, enjoy your birthday and celebrate somehow. Every birthday needs to be celebrated.

Intend, sorry about the earthquake. That is a lot to handle on top of everything else.

NJ I'm right there with you. Anxiety through the roof. My heart pounds all day.. The can't be good being under stress 24/7.

I'm glad your son is stable. That's at least some comfort. I'm in south Western CT. I see a lot of NY plates at our grocery stores and I've seen a few NJ plates too. I think they're afraid to go into their own bc the outbreaks are bad in and around where you are. It's absolutely horrific. I touched my mouth today by accident and I ran for the hand sanitizer and put it on my lips! I already have PTSD this isn't going to help it any.

Good thing you have a couple months of your meds. I think everyone should get what they can right now from their docs.

I have plenty of tp.. Good thing bc my nerves had me in the bathroom a few times today. 😳

Stay healthy you and your family,

Trishy ❤️

NJ I'm right there with you. Anxiety through the roof. My heart pounds all day.. The can't be good being under stress 24/7.

I'm glad your son is stable. That's at least some comfort. I'm in south Western CT. I see a lot of NY plates at our grocery stores and I've seen a few NJ plates too. I think they're afraid to go into their own bc the outbreaks are bad in and around where you are. It's absolutely horrific. I touched my mouth today by accident and I ran for the hand sanitizer and put it on my lips! I already have PTSD this isn't going to help it any.

Good thing you have a couple months of your meds. I think everyone should get what they can right now from their docs.

I have plenty of tp.. Good thing bc my nerves had me in the bathroom a few times today. 😳

Trishy ❤️

I saw on the news this morning, this guy that owns a florist is making actually quite pretty 12 rolls of TP bouquets with live greenery.  That would have been your perfect gift with a couple of 12 packs of Diet Coke!!  Lol, lol.   

Trishy ❤️

I saw on the news this morning, this guy that owns a florist is making actually quite pretty 12 rolls of TP bouquets with live greenery.  That would have been your perfect gift with a couple of 12 packs of Diet Coke!!  Lol, lol. 

😂🤣.. You know me so well 😉

Intend- I’m from CA and been through many earthquakes and cannot imagine going through one right now; and the aftershocks.  So sorry you, the city has to go through during this trying time. 

Did I read it’s Trishy’s birthday 🎁?  My dear what are you going to do to celebrate? 

I hope everyone is doing ok during this uncertain time.  It’s very frightening and I feel like it’s a cross between the twilight zone and an episode of The Walking Dead.  I even saw a long line about a block long of people in line for the gun and ammo store.  I kid you not.  I’ve stocked up this far on food for me and my mom but she has chronic renal failure and is on dialysis so she has limited diet.  But I think we’re ok. 

Olive Kitty - how is it going on San Francisco Bay Area lockdown? 

So Benzo update - Dr called me in 90 day supply of my diazepam. Which should last me about 5 months since I don’t take the full amount prescribed cause of my taper.  I’m paying out of pocket for it through GoodRx discount program since it’s a controlled drug and the US law keeps tabs on it.  So my doctor actually had to directly give pharmacist the directive that the reason I am being prescribed more is because of the Corona Virus and the potential supply chain between US and China.  And now Trump is picking a fight with China so who knows.  Anyways.  My doctor is so cool.  She said “take care of yourself and laugh as much as you can.”  It’s times like this that make me hate it that I am on this shit. To be so dependent on a drug because of tapering and the nightmare of ever having to cold turkey.  As you know, I’ve done that before and it was the worst hellish experience (for me). 

So....we all gotta be strong and have faith and take this one minute at a time.  It’s hard to not have fear when we see it getting worse.

Love you all,

Meems

Meems,

This is very difficult to deal with. I remember a time when Dan and I got married, and we traveled by bus from Corvallis, Oregon to Los Angeles California’ to live with Dans mother and stepfather. There had been a very large earthquake as we neared the outskirts of Los Angeles, and the freeway was literally down on the ground in big cement chunks.

They had established a roadway around this area which the bus followed, but all the passengers were in awe of the tremendous break up of the freeway.

I hope I never see one like that here.

Best of wishes for you and your mom. 🌼

Just an update here.

Thank you intend!

😘💞

[/quote

Oh my intend poor little Pepper hiding. I'm so sad tonight. I can't believe everything that's going on. I'm actually terrified. I'm listening to CNN and there's two people on that had the virus and one woman who had it her symtoms were terrifying to me. I don't know how I'm going to hold up. I'm beginning to just lose it.

I didn't know Sam's club had social events.. I don't think I ever want to come out of the house again.. I'm beginning to feel paralyzed with fear. They're saying this could last 18 months. They say you can't take Advil if you get the virus. I can't take Tylenol I'm allergic..wtf?

I'm so glad that you guys are ok and that the after shocks have stopped. How frightening all that must have been. I have to say my faith is weak right now. It's difficult to even pray. I feel like I've been battling something my whole life. Now this 🤦‍♀️😩

How are you handling all this?

Love to you Dan and Pepper ❤️

Trish, it’s not sams club that’s having these social events. It’s the Morman women. Yes, poor little Pepper. She just peeked at me from the top of the downstairs. Looks like she’s been hiding down there.

As far as coping, I’m just doing what everyone else is and that’s taking it day by day.

I can only believe that they will find a vaccine soon. Human trials have already started here at the university of Utah. It is a premier research university, and it’s happening at all of the research universities.

Love to you Trish and your hubby Rich. 🧡

[8f...]