Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Someone posted this somewhere here the other day - I printed it - Fascinating stuff

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2095769-gut-bacteria-spotted-eating-brain-chemicals-for-the-first-time/

Thanks Fight for the link I finally read it, and I am now ready to have my Vagus Nerve removed, but honestly I think the key to healing from benzo's is right before our eyes, but not many studies out there for us. :smitten::thumbsup:

Someone posted this somewhere here the other day - I printed it - Fascinating stuff

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2095769-gut-bacteria-spotted-eating-brain-chemicals-for-the-first-time/

Thanks Fight for the link I finally read it, and I am now ready to have my Vagus Nerve removed, but honestly I think the key to healing from benzo's is right before our eyes, but not many studies out there for us. :smitten::thumbsup:

BG, what does this mean?

Also, would you read my question on the titration thread?

Sorry, too hard to type more. Everything hurts.

Gard

BG, what does this mean?

Gard

Oh I just think that they will someday find out something simple that would have helped with healing from benzo's :)

BG, what does this mean?

Gard

Oh I just think that they will someday find out something simple that would have helped with healing from benzo's :)

I see. Thanks.

Hooray! Everybody must be stable lol. No action on the tread today. Hope it means everyone is doing well.  ;D--V

We were all just waiting for you to show up!

Hello everybody,

Well I don't know if I'd call it stable but I guess I am doing alright, not great but I have to  accept what is,is.

I am very glad and thankful that I am doing better. Most of my days are pretty good. But now that I am used to good days, the waves that come really get me down.

I wake up feeling ok. The day gets better as it unfolds. And then Wham! Just about everyday I get slammed with some kind of wave for anywhere from one to two hours towards the evening.

I feel like CINDERELLA who has to run home before the strike of midnight because everything her FAIRY GOD MOTHER magically created  for her is going to disappear.

My WICKED STEP MOTHER  is the benzo! And my my FAIRY GODMOTHER's MAGIC  are my good days and windows

I guess Prince Charming will appear only after I have taken my last benzo dose and I have walked off my benzo COMPLETELY and thereby declaring the WICKED STEP MOTHER DEAD AND BURIED.

I CAN JUST SEE US ALL, DANCING IN OUR GLASS SLIPPERS!  EVEN  V ! Ha!  LOL

Oh wait, is that the wicked witch of the east that I am thinking of?  And Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz and over the Rainbow? No matter. Let all the wicked things in this world BE GONE FOR EVER!

THE END

STORY FINISHED! 

Good night. May everyone's Fairy Godmother appear before them any minute now. We all could use some magic!

Heath :smitten:

Hooray! Everybody must be stable lol. No action on the tread today. Hope it means everyone is doing well.  ;D--V

We were all just waiting for you to show up!

LOL  :laugh:

Hello everybody,

Well I don't know if I'd call it stable but I guess I am doing alright, not great but I have to  accept what is,is.

I am very glad and thankful that I am doing better. Most of my days are pretty good. But now that I am used to good days, the waves that come really get me down.

I wake up feeling ok. The day gets better as it unfolds. And then Wham! Just about everyday I get slammed with some kind of wave for anywhere from one to two hours towards the evening.

I feel like CINDERELLA who has to run home before the strike of midnight because everything her FAIRY GOD MOTHER magically created  for her is going to disappear.

My WICKED STEP MOTHER  is the benzo! And my my FAIRY GODMOTHER's MAGIC  are my good days and windows

I guess Prince Charming will appear only after I have taken my last benzo dose and I have walked off my benzo COMPLETELY and thereby declaring the WICKED STEP MOTHER DEAD AND BURIED.

Oh wait, is that the wicked witch of the east that I am thinking of?  And Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz and over the Rainbow? No matter. Let all the wicked things in this world BE GONE FOR EVER!

THE END

STORY FINISHED! 

Good night. May everyone's Fairy Godmother appear before them any minute now. We all could use some magic!

Hang in her Heath! It sounds like you're having more good than bad. BTW I lost my glass slipper lol.  :)--V

Hello everybody,

THE END

STORY FINISHED! 

Hang in her Heath! It sounds like you're having more good than bad. BTW I lost my glass slipper lol.  :)--V

:oops:  ;D

Hi, It's Heath here,

I hope you can help me with some information to put my mind at ease please. ???

I have started to get a wdfx that I'm not sure is a wdfx. It's not pain or anxiety or crazy thoughts.

It's just a feeling of being so tired after not doing very much.

I find myself exhausted after having a normal day's activities. I am eating right and getting between 5 and 8 hours of sleep a night.( My sleep has always been erratic, but I take a sleeping pill when necessary, about once a week). I attend an exercise class three times a week.

Is this kind of tiredness a benzo withdrawal thing? Or?

Because I have been feeling pretty ok lately, maybe I am trying to do too much?

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Does anyone know much about morning anxiety? This is the symptom that truly makes me hate life with this withdrawal. I had it at the start of the year and eventually took some 5HTP and it completely eliminated it on the first day. The 5htp stopped working but the morning anxiety never came back. Then a couple of months ago it came back after I was messing around with codeine. I took another amino acid called L tryptophan and that got rid of it straight away aswell. Problem is that once these have worked the first time they just never work again for me. So now my morning anxiety is back. I tried both 5htp and l tryptophan but neither have worked.

Ive certainly learnt my lesson to stop messing around with codeine and other stuff to not flare myself up. But why does the morning anxiety seem to not want to leave? Its like pure panic when I first wake up. Ive stopped having caffeine and sugar and stuff aswell but it doesnt seem to be making a difference.

Omg..... I think for the last 6 days I have been taking more than an extra mg of V .

I switched my script to 2 mg pills , so I was on 8 1/4 mg V using 5 mg pills before, and using a scale.

When I got the 2 mg pills I took four of those for the 8 mg , and weighed what I thought was a 1/4 mg from what I had left of the 5 mg pills .

I'm so confused .

The 5 mg pills weigh .17 gms , so 1 mg weighs .034 gms. Well , 1/4 of that is .0085gms . Instead of weighing that , I weighed 1/4 of .17 (5mgs) , which is .0425gms. That's more than 1 mg! I've taken that for 6 days now. All the hell I've been through to taper to 8 1/4 mg , I'm back up to over 9 1/4.

I can't believe it , it's taken me since June to get to 81/4, I don't know what to do . Will I get horrible WDs if I drop back down to 8 1/4 now? I feel a bit better but not much . I'm scared to just drop it, do you think 6 days is enough to make for a hellish time?

I was so determined to hold til I felt better at 8 1/4 and I can't bear to think I've wasted all this time .

:tickedoff: help please , I just can't believe I messed up all my hard work

Hi, It's Heath here,

I hope you can help me with some information to put my mind at ease please. ???

I have started to get a wdfx that I'm not sure is a wdfx. It's not pain or anxiety or crazy thoughts.

It's just a feeling of being so tired after not doing very much.

I find myself exhausted after having a normal day's activities. I am eating right and getting between 5 and 8 hours of sleep a night.( My sleep has always been erratic, but I take a sleeping pill when necessary, about once a week). I attend an exercise class three times a week.

Is this kind of tiredness a benzo withdrawal thing? Or?

Because I have been feeling pretty ok lately, maybe I am trying to do too much?

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much,

It's absolutely withdrawal Heath! I had activity I tolerance really bad for a while. Anything I did exhausted me. It will pass. I believe it took a couple of months before it let up for me.  :)--V

Does anyone know much about morning anxiety? This is the symptom that truly makes me hate life with this withdrawal. I had it at the start of the year and eventually took some 5HTP and it completely eliminated it on the first day. The 5htp stopped working but the morning anxiety never came back. Then a couple of months ago it came back after I was messing around with codeine. I took another amino acid called L tryptophan and that got rid of it straight away aswell. Problem is that once these have worked the first time they just never work again for me. So now my morning anxiety is back. I tried both 5htp and l tryptophan but neither have worked.

Ive certainly learnt my lesson to stop messing around with codeine and other stuff to not flare myself up. But why does the morning anxiety seem to not want to leave? Its like pure panic when I first wake up. Ive stopped having caffeine and sugar and stuff aswell but it doesnt seem to be making a difference.

Shamo,

I have had anxiety upon waking up in the morning occasionally. The only thing that works for me is to get up immediately and  distract myself with a book, iPad, tv etc.

it has worked in the past and I hope it keeps working. Usually, with me, once the anxiety is gone, it is gone fir the day. I have been lucky in the fact that I don't have the a.m. Anxiety everyday.

I don't know if you work and have to leave your house at a particular time. But if that's the case, perhaps you can try to get up a half hour earlier so you would have time to distract your self and see if the anxiety goes away . I'm sorry you are struggling with this. It's really difficult.  Good luck!

Heathcliff

Hi Shamo. My guess is a lot is related to the codeine. It will mess you up even when used sporadically. Anxiety is definitely a part of opiate usage. It will skyrocket your already higher than normal anxiety. I have to keep learning my lesson on that myself.  Just my 2 cents.  :)--V

Omg..... I think for the last 6 days I have been taking more than an extra mg of V .

I switched my script to 2 mg pills , so I was on 8 1/4 mg V using 5 mg pills before, and using a scale.

When I got the 2 mg pills I took four of those for the 8 mg , and weighed what I thought was a 1/4 mg from what I had left of the 5 mg pills .

I'm so confused .

The 5 mg pills weigh .17 gms , so 1 mg weighs .034 gms. Well , 1/4 of that is .0085gms . Instead of weighing that , I weighed 1/4 of .17 (5mgs) , which is .0425gms. That's more than 1 mg! I've taken that for 6 days now. All the hell I've been through to taper to 8 1/4 mg , I'm back up to over 9 1/4.

I can't believe it , it's taken me since June to get to 81/4, I don't know what to do . Will I get horrible WDs if I drop back down to 8 1/4 now? I feel a bit better but not much . I'm scared to just drop it, do you think 6 days is enough to make for a hellish time?

I was so determined to hold til I felt better at 8 1/4 and I can't bear to think I've wasted all this time .

Hi MiYu. Try not to stress over it. We all make mistakes. I think I mixed my solution wrong and have been cutting too much. If it were me, I'd drop back down in 2 stages of 3 days or more each and you should be fine.  :)--V

I'm so confused .

Hi MiYu. Try not to stress over it. We all make mistakes. I think I mixed my solution wrong and have been cutting too much. If it were me, I'd drop back down in 2 stages of 3 days or more each and you should be fine.  :)--V

Oh thanks  valley , you are so encouraging ..... I'll take your advice and cut half of it tomorrow for three days and then the rest , hope I don't get too messed up with it... Anyway , I'm holding for as log as it takes to stabilize . Really want to be a bit stable for the holidays . Hope you are doing ok.

Thanks you again , you're a godsend :angel:

Hi Shamo. My guess is a lot is related to the codeine. It will mess you up even when used sporadically. Anxiety is definitely a part of opiate usage. It will skyrocket your already higher than normal anxiety. I have to keep learning my lesson on that myself.  Just my 2 cents.  :)--V

Hey Vally. Yes you're right I've finally learned my lesson. Im just pissed off because I had fixed myself and the morning anxiety/panic was gone. Now I've done something to bring it back. I had to go to the doctors today because this panic feeling is so bad. I tried 40mg propranolol but even that hasn't helped. I'm at a bit of a loss now with what to do. Last time it went on for weeks until I tried some L Tryp which miraculously stopped it. 

MiYu I once tried to updose from 1mg to 1.5mg and stayed there for 5 days. It didnt work so I dropped back down. Even though I'd been at the new dose for 5 days it didnt seem to have an effect what I went back to 1.

I have found when I up dose, it takes more than a week, much longer to sometimes feel better, but I do, even when I was at 0 up to 5mg it took a while, to build up and it did not happen over night, but finally I started feeling better, everything about Benzo's takes some time, some less than others, but more than a week for me. :) 

[5e...]