Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey V  Sorry about your neck problem.  I am such a nice person, I share everything with everybodY ! LOL ! 

And thanks V for posting the link to  hiking chicks success story. It was a good one!

V ....... I'm not sure how you are feeling right now. I hope your taper is going well. You are here with great assistance for all of us but I don't recall you saying how YOU ARE doing lately. Hope it's with long daily Windows.

Begood, Lynn, and Anne........

Glad you are all doing so well. Hope it continues.

I find it very reassuring when I read your posts and I am glad you always stop by and " talk " to us buddies, even when you are feeling well.

I hooe Anoushka MIYU, Gardner, AFI, BLUEPILL and everyone else, who I may have accidentally forgotten to include here, sees an opening of Windows this weekend.  And good sleep!

That's what I am going to try to do right now! It's Morning here in USA and I had a bad night. So good morning and good night.

Heath :crazy:

Thanks for the kind words Heath. I don't talk much about the taper as it is what it is. I don't seem to be having any major issues other than motivation.

Sorry you had a rough night.  :)--V

Hello everyone, I just wrote a message to you all and lost it somehow , don't have it to write it again, so for now , know that I have read all your posts and am thinking of you , MiYu

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I was doing better and better (longer windows, less painful waves) and thinking I was going to start tapering again and now I'm doing worse and worse. Can this be just from liquefying L capsules?? I don't remember liquifying causing me trouble in the past. I can hardly sit here and type. The waves are hitting me everywhere. Obviously I am not going to be starting my taper again tomorrow as planned. I am really mystified. :(

Gard

I was doing better and better (longer windows, less painful waves) and thinking I was going to start tapering again and now I'm doing worse and worse. Can this be just from liquefying L capsules?? I don't remember liquifying causing me trouble in the past. I can hardly sit here and type. The waves are hitting me everywhere. Obviously I am not going to be starting my taper again tomorrow as planned. I am really mystified. :(

Gard

Yes. Switching to liquid does have an impact IMO.  :)--V

Gard

Yes. Switching to liquid does have an impact IMO.  :)--V

Gard I was very prepared when I started my liquid taper, and as you know I tend not to let things worry me, and I read all the pros and cons, and was ready, well I was shocked that my very first dosage I became nauseated, and it was not a nausea I ever felt before, and I trudged through each day for about 7 days, ginger tea, nothing I did made it better, I really was sick, could not eat, and being Diabetic I knew I had to do something, because I felt so badly I up dosed just a slight bit, and stayed there for a two week period and went back to pill form, then after the two weeks I tried again and I was fine, but yes something seems to occur, and I was really surprised maybe not everyone fees that way, but it kicked me in the behind for sure, but all is well now. :)

Gard

This is all so interesting to me - I updosed October 1 to stabilize - and am holding - I am doing better - but my plan is to move .5 of my daily dose to liquid here in the next month (assuming my thyroid blood work comes back better) - I'm worried about this effect - Should I do a tiny updose AGAIN? I'm already worried about Kindling.......ARGH - Also - if my symptoms are manageable after I make the switch, how long do you guys think I should hold before I start my daily liquid taper?  I AM symptomatic now - nothing horrific but certainly not symptom free or myself......I started taking a low dose of Doxipin and it is helping - I have a long history with this drug too as I was prescribed it for years for itching that no MD could figure out - 18 years later a chiropractor fixed my itching and I quit the Doxipin CT - But i'm back on it and it certainly helps with sleep and anxiety but I worry that masking my symptoms will become problematic and I'll end up gong too fast......Thoughts on all of this are appreciated!!

Gard

This is all so interesting to me - I updosed October 1 to stabilize - and am holding - I am doing better - but my plan is to move .5 of my daily dose to liquid here in the next month (assuming my thyroid blood work comes back better) - I'm worried about this effect - Should I do a tiny updose AGAIN? I'm already worried about Kindling.......ARGH - Also - if my symptoms are manageable after I make the switch, how long do you guys think I should hold before I start my daily liquid taper?  I AM symptomatic now - nothing horrific but certainly not symptom free or myself......I started taking a low dose of Doxipin and it is helping - I have a long history with this drug too as I was prescribed it for years for itching that no MD could figure out - 18 years later a chiropractor fixed my itching and I quit the Doxipin CT - But i'm back on it and it certainly helps with sleep and anxiety but I worry that masking my symptoms will become problematic and I'll end up gong too fast......Thoughts on all of this are appreciated!!

Hi fight. The way I determined whether to updose was liquefying part of the dose and waiting a few days. I had just done a long hold and did notice some slight anxiety when I did this so I did a small updose probably more out of fear than anything else. As far as the hold, you should be able to shed most of your sxs IMO if you are patient enough. It took all the patience I had to hold but I'd do it again in a heartbeat as it was well worth it.  I haven't had hardly any significant sxs since I started tapering again. Try not to worry about what may or may not happen when you start again. Once you've done a long hold, it's easier to not get ahead of yourself again as you recognise when sxs are ramping up and fix it. You got this! No need to worry.  :)--V

Gard

Hi fight. The way I determined whether to updose was liquefying part of the dose and waiting a few days. I had just done a long hold and did notice some slight anxiety when I did this so I did a small updose probably more out of fear than anything else. As far as the hold, you should be able to shed most of your sxs IMO if you are patient enough. It took all the patience I had to hold but I'd do it again in a heartbeat as it was well worth it.  I haven't had hardly any significant sxs since I started tapering again. Try not to worry about what may or may not happen when you start again. Once you've done a long hold, it's easier to not get ahead of yourself again as you recognise when sxs are ramping up and fix it. You got this! No need to worry.  :)--V

Thank you Valley Um!! The longest I've held was for 3 months - I did improve but not completely - then my thyroid tanked and so I decided to just updose but in reality I've never been symptom free.......

Thanks again for your input!

I actually waited 1-2 weeks after each partial dose liquefaction. I'm trying to figure out if this is let over from my partial Q taper or if liquefying could really be hitting me this bad. If it's the Q, I would try an updose. I just don't know how long to try to wait this out. Neuropathy today has been horrific. And I'm so overjoyed that today is a whole hour longer. Not! >:(

Gard

Fight,

I've never been 100% symptom free, even after long holds.  Certain things just seem to hang around - and probably will for awhile after I am totally off.  I think I did some long-lasting damage with those early drastic cuts.  I had just about every wd symptom in the book - but, with the exception of T, neck tension and creepy crawly lower legs and feet, everything went away.  Some things do come back on cuts but very mild and brief.  So, I don't let the "normal" stuff hold (no pun!) me back from tapering further.

I don't have experience with liquid but have read that there frequently is an adjustment period.

Fight,

I've never been 100% symptom free, even after long holds.  Certain things just seem to hang around - and probably will for awhile after I am totally off.  I think I did some long-lasting damage with those early drastic cuts.  I had just about every wd symptom in the book - but, with the exception of T, neck tension and creepy crawly lower legs and feet, everything went away.  Some things do come back on cuts but very mild and brief.  So, I don't let the "normal" stuff hold (no pun!) me back from tapering further.

I don't have experience with liquid but have read that there frequently is an adjustment period.

This is sort of my thinking as well - I'm certainly not going to up dose back to where I started and see if I can get rid of all my symptoms - and I had symptoms ON Klonipin that have been persistent as well - of course NOTHING like when I tapered too fast and then had to reinstate - but after a 3 month hold and having some improvement I did start to deteriorate - I don't know if it was thyroid related or if the hold was not working for me any longer.......we're all so different with this stuff - but I guess I won't get ahead of myself - I'll liquify, and hold and see what happens.......Thanks for everyone's input - much appreciated

I haven't been posting for a while but I have been reading.

I have been getting intrusive thoughts in the morning when I wake, like Shamo and Ineedpeace.

It's a feeling like anxiety, fear of ?? Nothing?, just a feeling of doom? Can't really explain it. Never happened before my taper, and now only after the past three months or so.

Is this depression? I have not been depressed. Is this anxiety?  Is it a cortisol surge. I just don't know what it is.

All I know is it scares me so! If I am able to go back to sleep , it is just there when I wake again. It's as if my brain is doing something while I'm asleep. Adjusting and healing? Strange reaction if that is what's happening!

But I have found that if I get up, and immediately distract myself with tv, a book, my iPad, etc, it does go away, just about right away. I guess I should be grateful for that.

It's not there every morning, but even once every week is bad enough! I wish it would stop.

SHAMO and INEEDPEACE. Iam wondering if the intrusive thoughts you are having are coming only in the mornings or if they stay all daY?And did I describe it the way you are feeling too?  I know how difficult they can be and how they can make your day miserable. I'm  hoping that you don't have to struggle with this much longer. I can't stand it!  When I am having really bad days, I always remember what Begood says.... it's only withdrawal, as bad as it is, it will go away. And..... you never know, you may have a big turn around tomorrow!  These wdfx are crazy. So, yes, one day at a time.

I hope yours and anyone else's struggles will be lighter very soon. I'm praying they will be. Hang on. Youve come so far. You can do this! :thumbsup:

Heath :smitten:

hi ummmm, for me its a daily basis right now, but its due to stress, not good home life, but im holding on, hang in there, im going to try to do my quickbooks, omg, its been 4 months, i have lost memory, but hope i can do this, has to be done just hang on there, thats all i can say, hugs

INP

Thank you Be Good - I'm SO interested in the Probiotic thing - I take them but I have a hard time with them - so now I just pulse them here and there

Hey Everyone, I saw this last night on the News and today I copied the link from a Thread, and it looks promising, well it is worth looking at. http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/can-probiotics-help-with-brain-health-801963587733    :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

I eat Greek yogurt every day. Hoping it's doing something.  :)--V

I'm dairy free and it was a life changer (for ME) so now I struggle to find a good balance of pro-biotics and I can't take Acidophilus bc I had SIBO and that was what it came back as an overgrowth of........sigh

Hey Everyone, I saw this last night on the News and today I copied the link from a Thread, and it looks promising, well it is worth looking at. http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/can-probiotics-help-with-brain-health-801963587733    :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

I eat Greek yogurt every day. Hoping it's doing something.  :)--V

Well that really caught my attention, I love Greek yogurt, and if you are not too depressed maybe it is , I do take probiotics, but I am going to get some more yogurt and eat everyday, hey I am willing to try it, just to be as optimal as I can. And have read so much about the Stomach being the second Brain. :smitten:

Hi I am new to this thread but this is what haopens to me and it scares the crap out of me. I just have to remind myself it is the benzo.  I am so scared but move forward. Switching to liquid after my cycle, my second one in two weeks mind you. Will hold before i even make a cut to adjust. What a rollercoaster ride. 

Hi all. Is there anyone else who feels much worse after their period starts? I used to have a looooooong, awful PMS and severe cramps during my taper, but my last 3 periods have been kinda "normal" with 1-2 day long PMS and manageable cramps. However on the first or second day of my period I get hit with deep, dark, suicidal depression and weird head symptoms every month. My deeply depressed state and the head symptoms last for about 7-10 days each month.

Anyone else has something similar?

Jenny, my insomnia is quite bad generally, but it's always a lot worse right before my period (usually 2-3 very bad nights before it starts).

I know this is an old posting but if calcium affects benzo absorption then milk titration may not be the best vehicle for liquid titration. What are peoples thoughts on this? Confused.

Hey ladies,

Have you tried taking Calcium+Vitamin D (they are usually a combo to help absorb one another). I found that it really helped my PMS in the past. Scientific studies also support that notion: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB122937831273108391

Just make sure not to take calcium around the same time as your benzo - it can block the absorption of the benzo (wait at least two hours).

Healing energies to you all.

I have my probiotics drink every day ! Have already convinced hub and daughter ! My son 's a hard one in this !  ;)

Shake, so what do you make your drink out of, and I have been meaning to ask you what % of Chocolate is healthy for us. Also before I started the Probiotics I have to say that some strange things seemed to be taken  from my tummy ::), so I do feel better tummy wise, but the benzo belly does flare up at times. Thanks.

The link I posted above specifically talks about gut bacteria eating GABA - so it's relevant to our situation I think

Thanks Fight for posting this, I will read it a bit later, right in the middle of home stuff here. Thanks again for the link. :thumbsup::smitten: 

[54...]