Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks for the link to hikingchic Valley, and Heath for your reply  :):smitten:

AF1 , I'm new to long holds myself and a month in to a hold form a 1/4 mg cut of V that tipped me over the edge . It's an experiment and I haven't improved much , but a little. It's definitely not linear but hopefully 2 steps forward one back .

Question for anyone..... I worry about the burning in my kidney area, it never goes away. I feel like the V is irritating them, and the nerves in my spine . Has anyone else experienced this ? I know I should probably get it checked out I just don't feel well enough to get out to a doctors appointment yet.

I've been afraid of kidney failure for a year now, completely unfounded really. It started when I was on the steroids , I think they are probably irritated by the toxins they are having to process .

Any advice?  :smitten:

Another question, this one I'm really on the fence about.  I'm at .5mg Ativan twice a day-you can look at my signature and see how fast I came down.  I'm really miserable and considering going up to .5mg three times a day and holding there for a while.  I've heard bad things about going back up, but a few people have said it helped.  I was fairly comfortable at 1.5mg a day but it was probably over a month ago.

Hi AF1 , I don't have any expeience  with this , but maybe you could try a smaller updose than .5 if you after really miserable , is there an Ativan support group you could ask the question?

Also you could just try holding longer and see if you improve .

I decided I wouldn't updose and would just wait it out. I don't want to end up having to go through all this hell again with the work I've put into far...... But that's me..... What are your symptoms?

Another question, this one I'm really on the fence about.  I'm at .5mg Ativan twice a day-you can look at my signature and see how fast I came down.  I'm really miserable and considering going up to .5mg three times a day and holding there for a while.  I've heard bad things about going back up, but a few people have said it helped.  I was fairly comfortable at 1.5mg a day but it was probably over a month ago.

Hi AF1. Updosing may or may not work but you have to decide whether or not to do it. If sxs are really bad, it may be a good idea. If you do decide to do an updose, keep in mind that it will probably take a week for your body to adjust to the change.  :)--V

Thanks Valley Um.  MiYu, my sxs are muscles not wanting to work--hurts my arms just to fold laundry or walk up the stairs. Overwhelming fatigue, burning, general sick feeling and others.  It's the feeling too bad to do anything that bothers me.  By the way, I've had kidney pain from time to time --it was bad when the hospital was tapering me too fast. I had it too, when I was in tolerance before the taper and had my kidney checked out and it was fine.  Not to say you shouldn't get yours checked out, but that I've had that sx too.

Hi AFI,

That is exactly what I did before I started my first taper.  I was down to 0.25 mg, but I was just getting worse.  I could barely function at the time--I had only been on Ativan for about 5 or 6 months.  It was recommended that I up my dose to 0.75 mg/day split into three doses.  I was afraid to do this at the time, and it took me several weeks to get my nerve up to increase the dosage and at the same time switch to liquid.  Well, I felt better the first day.  I held for about a month at the new dose and then I started the taper.  I tapered slow, and I was off within a year and a half.  I felt normal most of the time, and the only time during that taper I had symptoms was when I made a mistake measuring my doses.  It was smooth sailing all the way down. 

This time is different because I did not stabilize before tapering. It has been rough.  If I had to do it over again, I would have upped my dose a bit more, got stable, and only then would I have started my taper.  Things are better now, but I still get hit at times with horrible symptoms.  When I do, I hold for a while.

I am certainly not suggesting that you up your dose.  It does not work for everyone, but it did work for me.

Hope this helps.

Anne

I've been reading your posts and all the responses posted here.

As you can see updosing will work for  some people and not for others. It's a tough decision. It depends I guess on how miserable the wdfx are making you feel.

I myself have had some pretty bad days but I was always afraid to updose for fear that an updose might not relieve my wdfx.Then I'd have to taper down from the new higher dose all over again.

Yes, it's a tough decision. IMO This is one of those decisions that has no right or wrong.. Do what you think is best for you. And all the best. Whatever you decide, I hope your wdfx let up real. Soon.

Heath

Question for anyone..... I worry about the burning in my kidney area, it never goes away. I feel like the V is irritating them, and the nerves in my spine . Has anyone else experienced this ? I know I should probably get it checked out I just don't feel well enough to get out to a doctors appointment yet.

I've been afraid of kidney failure for a year now, completely unfounded really. It started when I was on the steroids , I think they are probably irritated by the toxins they are having to process .

Any advice?  :smitten:

MIYU,

I have had a burning sensation in my neck  for about three months now. I am wearing a neck collar on and off for that long. The collar and exercises for neck and upper back are the only things that help , somewhat. I thought it was from my spine but the neurosurgeon does'T think so. It must be muscle fatigue from Valium withdrawal.

Could your pain be muscle fatigue in the back?  Just a thought.

Heath

Still having pretty good days, but with waves. Today I woke with anxiety but it went away. The rest of the day was good until 6:00 pm when anxiety came back, and a sickish feeling. Again it went away on about an hour.

Golly I wish it would stop. The anxiety definitely is one of my worst wdfx. Along with my neck pain. And it's relatovely new in the whole tapering process.

Can't wait for this to go away. FOR GOOD!

Hope everyone has a better tomorrow. I always remember...there is a tomorrow which always can be better than today.

distraction, peace, and  tranquility

Heath

Still having pretty good days, but with waves. Today I woke with anxiety but it went away. The rest of the day was good until 6:00 pm when anxiety came back, and a sickish feeling. Again it went away on about an hour.

Golly I wish it would stop. The anxiety definitely is one of my worst wdfx. Along with my neck pain. And it's relatovely new in the whole tapering process.

Can't wait for this to go away. FOR GOOD!

Hope everyone has a better tomorrow. I always remember...there is a tomorrow which always can be better than today.

distraction, peace, and  tranquility

Heath

Aww dear Heath,

I am saddened that you have those bothersome symptoms :( I sympathize as I am in the same boat with  anxiety and timing, same as you :(

But you get some nice windows in between the troubles, which is a blessing.

I hope that tomorrow will be a kind day for you.

Loving hugs,

Anoushka

Dear MiYu.

I hope that you are feeling much better.

You are in such good and caring hands here.

Wishing you healing blessings,

Anoushka

Thank you for your kind support Anoushka. I hope your wdfx subside soon too. They surely are a misery!

But you are right,other than those two episodes, my day was pretty good. I'm grateful for that!

Heath  :smitten:

By the way, i don't know if that is your real name or not, and it is surely none of my business. But I just thought I'd mention that I just love the name Anoushka.!

Hi everyone,

I wanted to drop in and say hello.  I do read the posts here and am thinking of all.  What a wonderful group of buddies!  I hope the weekend brings some big, bright windows to everyone.  :smitten:

p.s. hiking's post is a real testament to a symptom-based taper and the benefits of holding!

Just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that I have completed another taper and I am now at 1.10mg Valium, and I will be holding for a while, not sure if it will be a month or less or longer. It has been a long time getting to this number, but this time I have only had blips no real sx's just things that are annoying and I would just let them be and distract and move on, and none stayed for any length of time, only the sadness, but it has resolved. This may not sound like a lot to some that are suffering so much. But this morning I slept till 5:05 and it was a hard sleep and that felt good, I am an early riser, but at least lately I have not been talking to the walls off and on each night. This last taper I did about a 11% taper in 11 days, and the reason I restarted before the month was complete, is that I felt so well, and motivated and I thought heck why not, since I am not tied to a calendar I did it and feel fine so far, and when I started this Journey for the third time many months ago, before I even knew about long holds in fact I told myself that I would Hold between cuts and it has worked for me well, Also I  knew that I would have to change how I thought and slow down and not be in a hurry and so far it is has been like night and day. So if I can give any advice, try not to be tied up with a date to be off of Benzo's it will come, and if you rush and not heed the bodies warnings it will take that much longer, and keep distracted, do something and think about something else when feeling bad, it helps and just be one with the knowledge that you will heal, but we must do the time. Best to all of you. Good to see you here Lynn, your advice and support is invaluable. Best to all feeling well and to those struggling hang on. We all will walk "Gently Off" when it is our time." THE TURTLE."  

Hey Begood!  Sound advice!  I am sooo happy that you are feeling well and the taper this time is the right one for you.  You've certainly been thru the mill...but have emerged and found your path!

Thank you for being here, always, for all of us! :smitten: :smitten:

Hi everyone,

I wanted to drop in and say hello.  I do read the posts here and am thinking of all.  What a wonderful group of buddies!  I hope the weekend brings some big, bright windows to everyone.  :smitten:

p.s. hiking's post is a real testament to a symptom-based taper and the benefits of holding!

Hi Lynn,

I hope all is well with you!!  Yes, I agree that Hikingchick's success story is a must read for anyone that is going through a rough taper.

Holds and dose corrections are key to a smoother ride down.

Have a great day!!

Anne  :smitten:

Just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that I have completed another taper and I am now at 1.10mg Valium, and I will be holding for a while, not sure if it will be a month or less or longer. It has been a long time getting to this number, but this time I have only had blips no real sx's just things that are annoying and I would just let them be and distract and move on, and none stayed for any length of time, only the sadness, but it has resolved. This may not sound like a lot to some that are suffering so much. But this morning I slept till 5:05 and it was a hard sleep and that felt good, I am an early riser, but at least lately I have not been talking to the walls off and on each night. This last taper I did about a 11% taper in 11 days, and the reason I restarted before the month was complete, is that I felt so well, and motivated and I thought heck why not, since I am not tied to a calendar I did it and feel fine so far, and when I started this Journey for the third time many months ago, before I even knew about long holds in fact I told myself that I would Hold between cuts and it has worked for me well, Also I  knew that I would have to change how I thought and slow down and not be in a hurry and so far it is has been like night and day. So if I can give any advice, try not to be tied up with a date to be off of Benzo's it will come, and if you rush and not heed the bodies warnings it will take that much longer, and keep distracted, do something and think about something else when feeling bad, it helps and just be one with the knowledge that you will heal, but we must do the time. Best to all of you. Good to see you here Lynn, your advice and support is invaluable. Best to all feeling well and to those struggling hang on. We all will walk "Gently Off" when it is our time." THE TURTLE."

Hi Begood,

I am so happy for you!!.  You are doing great, and I have no doubts that you will walk off very gently.

Have a wonderful day!!

Hi Begood,

I am so happy for you!!.  You are doing great, and I have no doubts that you will walk off very gently.

Have a wonderful day!!

Thanks Anne, best to you always. :smitten:

Hi Heath, MiYu, Anoushaka, Valley, Gard, and everyone!!

I hope everyone is doing well today.  I wish you nothing but windows.  We will get through this journey.  It does not seem like it at times, but we will make it through.

Have a good relaxing day!!

Hey Begood!  Sound advice!  I am sooo happy that you are feeling well and the taper this time is the right one for you.  You've certainly been thru the mill...but have emerged and found your path!

Thank you for being here, always, for all of us! :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks so much. :thumbsup::smitten:

So glad you're doing well BG!

Hope ŷou all have a great weekend Heath, gard, Anoushka, Anne, lynn, BG, AF1, and everyone who I left out lol!  :)--V

Oh I forgot to mention Heath. I have your neck problem (why did you give it to me lol). I can't turn my head to the right. It's very annoying and has happened periodically throughout this taper. I'm not sure f it's benzo related or if I'm sleeping on it wrong. I may have to invest in a neck collar.  :)--V

Hey V  Sorry about your neck problem.  I am such a nice person, I share everything with everybodY ! LOL ! 

And thanks V for posting the link to  hiking chicks success story. It was a good one!

V ....... I'm not sure how you are feeling right now. I hope your taper is going well. You are here with great assistance for all of us but I don't recall you saying how YOU ARE doing lately. Hope it's with long daily Windows.

Begood, Lynn, and Anne........

Glad you are all doing so well. Hope it continues.

I find it very reassuring when I read your posts and I am glad you always stop by and " talk " to us buddies, even when you are feeling well.

I hooe Anoushka MIYU, Gardner, AFI, BLUEPILL and everyone else, who I may have accidentally forgotten to include here, sees an opening of Windows this weekend.  And good sleep!

That's what I am going to try to do right now! It's Morning here in USA and I had a bad night. So good morning and good night.

Heath :crazy:

Hi everyone,

Hey everyone! Thanks for the support and kind words.  How would I find Hiking's post?  Is it not too far back in these pages or is there a way to search for it?  Thanks!

[f4...]