Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Olive Kitty forgot to wish you a happy bday!  44 is so young!  I’ll be 50 in August.

Troch- I gotta get out and take a walk.  A little nippy here in So Cal but I always feel better getting out of this house.  If I get a major dizzy spell and panic attack, so be it.  I will just have to sit down until it passes.  I just want to reframe my thinking about this agoraphobia.  I did just go to CVS to buy some journaling notebooks and stood in line with my jelly legs.  I of course was pissed about the long line but I just think, if I fall over and spasm then it will make for a good ride with some handsome paramedic firefighters. 

Love you all

Meems😍

Now that's how to look at it, lol. :laugh: :laugh:  I keep notebooks too ;)

Thank you Stut and mm,

I am ok now. I'll never be able to describe what my mind was thinking. I was thinking of the past when this first happened and it felt like something was out to get me. Really spiritual. Then I got that feeling again and it freaked me out. I was going as meeting back then and my sponsor was very holy.  Plus they say god will send you signs. So when I went bad of my meds my hair and skin were messed up. Peeling. I thought I was going to die. Ok. I dont want to trigger anyone. It was probably a combo of hormones, thyroid and med switches.. so when 8 had those feeling again probably triggered by the thyroid updose, idk? I thought it was happening again. The last three yrs were really bad. I'm ok now that I'm here. I could never explain if I tried. Anyway, I am leveling out and am trying to believe that won't happen again.  I swear this weord crap could only happen to me. Ly you guys dd :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I am so sorry you have been having those awful symptoms DD.  I really hope they go away soon.  Will be thinking about you. Love you,MM 💜💜💜

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Olive woohoo 🎊🎉 a double celebration birthday and taper ended.Well done honey.You should be very proud of yourself.l have no doubt you will be fine.l am delighted you did what you did.The hold did allow you to taper the last few mgs.I hope you don't disappear now l for one would miss you.Happy birthday and happy healing 😘. love you.X

Morning Trish l am so sorry you are going through this my lovely twin.life is so hard however l believe this is going to help you tremendously.l have always had a problem with this notion of control.l do think a lot of people with anxiety feel the need to control their environment as they feel a lack of control in themselves.lt can actually make things so much worse as they fall apart when that control slips.l learned a long time ago l have no control and it has kinda been great to have that burden lifted off me.lt does take time to let go however l am proof that it can be done.You can do this honey.love you my lST X

Morning Janice l think you will see that everyone that has been in hospital have been given their medication.l also agree with Esperanza regarding your self talk.l am all for realism however your going down the pessimistic route.l have no doubt you will recover honey however it is going to take a long time and you must work on yourself and stop feeding your fears.l hope your appointment went well.love you.X

Morning Intend l think you should move to a house beside a DIY store and Dan could dander in and out on his own.Save you a lot of bother.Have you tried any of the suggestions l have regarding the shower?It could help.Stay warm honey and stop watching that man with the weird hair.love to you and Dan.X

. Morning Meems l think a slow taper definitely eases the acute phase for most people.l am not sure if it helps everyone however for a lot of people it has.lt does make sense that it would.love you.X

Morning Suzy l hope your alright.l read the 666 post honestly it is just your anxious brain scaring you.You aren't doing anything wrong honey it just is a long slow process.Stay strong.love you.X

Morning Troch how are you today?l am glad you got out for a ride yesterday.Exercise is definitely good for us.Do what you can honey and know you will get through this.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary well hen when is your bil visiting?l know you will enjoy them being there.l think it is about time you had a little normal in your life.l have to go to my older sister's today it's her birthday so will see what she wants to do.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning GP Gilly Valley Free Bill Miyu Espy Nova Final and everyone here sending you my love.X

Intend, Stut had best idea ever, move within walking distance of Lowes, lol  :D :D.

OK,  I got so excited about your jump, I forgot to wish you a  :D:happybday::smitten: :smitten:

I am with Stut, we would all miss you if you disappear  :(.  Love you, Mary 💜💜💜💜

Wish I could but those places are older homes and apartments, and Dan would never go for that. Nope. Just likes to be taken everywhere. Well, bounce back and forth between Home Depot and Loews as long as we hold up.

As far as the shower suggestions, it could be true that my exhaustion afterwards comes from the blood pooling at my feet and the heat of the water. But I really think that it has to do with my throat more than anything else. This clonazepan has locked down my vocal cords. And my doctor agrees. His daughter is a speech pathologist and he has thoroughly learned about idiopathic subglottic stenosis. So the heat locks my vocal cords down firmly and less air passes to my lungs and out when I’m in the shower.

Been on the phone for hours this morning as I must take advantage of the days when I can speak, and have a very busy day still ahead of me.

And here’s something that I have not told many except maybe Mary here. My doc understands that I have all day windows every other day. All day from early morning to late at night. And then the next day, is just awful with cog fog and confusion. So we sat down this last Monday at my appointment, and he watched as I noted a good day, a bad day, a good day, a bad day. And we are now scheduling my appointments all on good days.

I feel very fortunate to have a Pdoc like him. ☘️ ☘️

Morning Olive woohoo 🎊🎉 a double celebration birthday and taper ended.Well done honey.You should be very proud of yourself.l have no doubt you will be fine.l am delighted you did what you did.The hold did allow you to taper the last few mgs.I hope you don't disappear now l for one would miss you.Happy birthday and happy healing 😘. love you.X

Morning Trish l am so sorry you are going through this my lovely twin.life is so hard however l believe this is going to help you tremendously.l have always had a problem with this notion of control.l do think a lot of people with anxiety feel the need to control their environment as they feel a lack of control in themselves.lt can actually make things so much worse as they fall apart when that control slips.l learned a long time ago l have no control and it has kinda been great to have that burden lifted off me.lt does take time to let go however l am proof that it can be done.You can do this honey.love you my lST X

Morning Janice l think you will see that everyone that has been in hospital have been given their medication.l also agree with Esperanza regarding your self talk.l am all for realism however your going down the pessimistic route.l have no doubt you will recover honey however it is going to take a long time and you must work on yourself and stop feeding your fears.l hope your appointment went well.love you.X

Morning Intend l think you should move to a house beside a DIY store and Dan could dander in and out on his own.Save you a lot of bother.Have you tried any of the suggestions l have regarding the shower?It could help.Stay warm honey and stop watching that man with the weird hair.love to you and Dan.X

. Morning Meems l think a slow taper definitely eases the acute phase for most people.l am not sure if it helps everyone however for a lot of people it has.lt does make sense that it would.love you.X

Morning Suzy l hope your alright.l read the 666 post honestly it is just your anxious brain scaring you.You aren't doing anything wrong honey it just is a long slow process.Stay strong.love you.X

Morning Troch how are you today?l am glad you got out for a ride yesterday.Exercise is definitely good for us.Do what you can honey and know you will get through this.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary well hen when is your bil visiting?l know you will enjoy them being there.l think it is about time you had a little normal in your life.l have to go to my older sister's today it's her birthday so will see what she wants to do.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning GP Gilly Valley Free Bill Miyu Espy Nova Final and everyone here sending you my love.X

Intend, Stut had best idea ever, move within walking distance of Lowes, lol  :D :D.

OK,  I got so excited about your jump, I forgot to wish you a  :D:happybday::smitten: :smitten:

I am with Stut, we would all miss you if you disappear  :(.  Love you, Mary 💜💜💜💜

Wish I could but those places are older homes and apartments, and Dan would never go for that. Nope. Just likes to be taken everywhere. Well, bounce back and forth between Home Depot and Loews as long as we hold up.

As far as the shower suggestions, it could be true that my exhaustion afterwards comes from the blood pooling at my feet and the heat of the water. But I really think that it has to do with my throat more than anything else. This clonazepan has locked down my vocal cords. And my doctor agrees. His daughter is a speech pathologist and he has thoroughly learned about idiopathic subglottic stenosis. So the heat locks my vocal cords down firmly and less air passes to my lungs and out when I’m in the shower.

Been on the phone for hours this morning as I must take advantage of the days when I can speak, and have a very busy day still ahead of me.

And here’s something that I have not told many except maybe Mary here. My doc understands that I have all day windows every other day. All day from early morning to late at night. And then the next day, is just awful with cog fog and confusion. So we sat down this last Monday at my appointment, and he watched as I noted a good day, a bad day, a good day, a bad day. And we are now scheduling my appointments all on good days.

I feel very fortunate to have a Pdoc like him. ☘️ ☘️

You are lucky to have him Intend, the man is a true Dr and cares about his patients, not to mention "benzo wise".  I am very jealous actually  :laugh:  so if you take just a Luke warm shower, would that help?  Scheduled your appointments on your good days, what a Dr.  I know you and Dan will be driving to Lowes and Home Depot.  Now, you may just have to get Dan to wait to good days  :). Love you!!  MM. 🌹🌹🚂🚂🚂🐈🐾🐾

Thanks Stut! I think I can do it this time. Fingers crossed. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon though, I have grown attached to all of you.

Thanks Mary, Intend, Final, Meems, everyone  who wished me happy birthday! I had a little hot tub party at my friend's house, only close friends. In years past I have had gigantic birthday bashes, with bands, DJ's, the works! But not for a few years now. Last year I just stayed home with my bf and watched a movie.. so this year I was happy to spend it with a few friends. They even got me gluten free red velvet cupcakes  :smitten:

Sorry you are having a hard time Troch, and Suzy. I know how the fear can get you down. I still experience it. Mine is from a phobia though. And Vali, I hope you are able to release the hospital fear a bit.. I have never had them take away meds in the hospital. I would be more worried about them giving me too much medication.

Ok back to work. Love!

Hi ok,

Glad you had a nice day. I love the way you walked off. That was great. It just kind of happened! So exciting! The fear and anxiety is on and off. Its driving me crazy. I am sorry you have a phobiA. In time, I am sure it will get better for you. Ly Suzy

Hi Intend to be off,

A belated double Congratulations!  :smitten:

What a special way to end this benzo trip.  :thumbsup:  Hope you're still feeling OK.

PS. It's time for a new name now, isn't it?  :D

Hi Intend to be off,

A belated double Congratulations!  :smitten:

What a special way to end this benzo trip.  :thumbsup:  Hope you're still feeling OK.

PS. It's time for a new name now, isn't it?  :D

Awe Troch you have got a little mixed up it's Olive Kitty.Intend is still tapering no name change yet 😵😜.How did your appointment go yesterday?l hope you have a better day today.love to you.X

Morning Suzy awe pet you have been through so much l am not surprised your scared.l will stand by what l have said you need stability and that only will happen with a very long hold.l wish l could take this away from you but it will pass.Now when you say God will give you a sign can l ask a sign of what? Just trying to get a handle on what that means.Try to not worry.love you.X

Morning Intend you have a good relationship with your doctor which is a definite plus.l think you definitely have a strong pattern with your withdrawal which is very rare.l really wish it would lessen for you.l hope you don't drive on your bad days.Dan is like everyone if you can be chauffeured around why would you want to change it.l would love that.l am sorry regarding the shower l think perhaps it is probably something that you can't remedy at this time.l hope it eases off for you.love to you and Dan X

. Morning Olive l think you will be grand this time.l have everything crossed for you honey.Your birthday sounds amazing what an improvement.l have to say l am not a showy person give me small and intimate everytime.Keep working on your phobia you will overcome it.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary l did ask you a question yesterday l assume you missed it 😱? Not like you 😏.l hope you have a better day honey.Is the tens helping at all?l will hopefully be on tomorrow.Going to see my Aunt today.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Janice Gilly Final Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu Bill Free Valley GP and everyone here sending you my love hoping everyone has a withdrawal free day.X

Hi Stut, I did get it mixed up. Now even my mind is going to the dogs...the last thing working is giving up as well.

Well, the psychologist suggested I get out more and do fun things. That's all great of course, but my legs and feet say otherwise.

It's so hard to enjoy something, anything, when you're in pain and feeling worn out most of the time.

Am I the only one on here that's getting worse? Not even the slightest sign of improvement. There's two kinds of days at the moment: bad and worse.

Went for a walk just now: torture with every step.  Sorry, but just had to vent.

Perhaps this afternoon is a bit better.

Hope you're doing OK, Stut. Really appreciate your concern for all of us.

Hi Stut,

I am feeling so much better. I guess what it means is when You pray and ask for help god will send you a sign of what to do. Im not schitzoprenic Lol. Just massive anxiety. I find it very confusing. Maybe i am only noticing the bad. I have been very negative. Maybe i just dont understand the whole god thing. Sorry for talking about god on here. I am catholic but never really went to church. My.mother went to Catholic school and i think she was traumatized. We were never really very holy.ppl. lol

. So ppl say he sends signs for guidance.  So if things are bad i think its gods way of telling me im doing something wrong or like when i started feeling really good i saw 666 and i thought it was a sign saying.you are thinking wrong. I guess maybe i should lay ofg the praying till i understand spirituality more. Or not so much in bwd when your anxiety is high. I just want to get better and avoid ever going through this again.  So i dont want to do anything wrong or it will happen again. Only me could think up such a twisted thing. 🤤

Morning Suzy awe pet you have been through so much l am not surprised your scared.l will stand by what l have said you need stability and that only will happen with a very long hold.l wish l could take this away from you but it will pass.Now when you say God will give you a sign can l ask a sign of what? Just trying to get a handle on what that means.Try to not worry.love you.X

Morning Intend you have a good relationship with your doctor which is a definite plus.l think you definitely have a strong pattern with your withdrawal which is very rare.l really wish it would lessen for you.l hope you don't drive on your bad days.Dan is like everyone if you can be chauffeured around why would you want to change it.l would love that.l am sorry regarding the shower l think perhaps it is probably something that you can't remedy at this time.l hope it eases off for you.love to you and Dan X

. Morning Olive l think you will be grand this time.l have everything crossed for you honey.Your birthday sounds amazing what an improvement.l have to say l am not a showy person give me small and intimate everytime.Keep working on your phobia you will overcome it.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary l did ask you a question yesterday l assume you missed it 😱? Not like you 😏.l hope you have a better day honey.Is the tens helping at all?l will hopefully be on tomorrow.Going to see my Aunt today.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Janice Gilly Final Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu Bill Free Valley GP and everyone here sending you my love hoping everyone has a withdrawal free day.X

Ok twinny why are you mad at me? You always leave me a message and nope nothing from you. 😭.. I wasn't here yesterday I was knee deep in therapy and an asshole who rang my phone at 11:00 last night, pardon my French. Therapy was a blessing but you know who the @#$$ hole is. My son was drunk. I didn't answer my phone bc I didn't hear it. I mute my phone at night. I won't even call him today to see what he wanted. That's the short version of what went on yesterday. All this BS going on and I have planned another small cut for February 15th. All I can think about is how an I ever to get off this garbage when the people around me stress me to the high heavens! 😤🤬

Anyway, I'm sure you must have had some type of black out or an incredibly serious lapse in memory to ever forget your Trishy 😭😭.. so what's a girl to do when she's lost her tiny Irish counter part's support? 😔🙄

Ok that was a bit dramatic but you get the point! :tickedoff:  ;)

Hope you have a good day tiny one.

Love You.

The forgotten twin 😩

Ok twinny why are you mad at me? You always leave me a message and nope nothing from you. 😭.. I wasn't here yesterday I was knee deep in therapy and an asshole who rang my phone at 11:00 last night, pardon my French. Therapy was a blessing but you know who the @#$$ hole is. My son was drunk. I didn't answer my phone bc I didn't hear it. I mute my phone at night. I won't even call him today to see what he wanted. That's the short version of what went on yesterday. All this BS going on and I have planned another small cut for February 15th. All I can think about is how an I ever to get off this garbage when the people around me stress me to the high heavens! 😤🤬

Anyway, I'm sure you must have had some type of black out or an incredibly serious lapse in memory to ever forget your Trishy 😭😭.. so what's a girl to do when she's lost her tiny Irish counter part's support? 😔🙄

Ok that was a bit dramatic but you get the point! :tickedoff:  ;)

Hope you have a good day tiny one.

Love You.

The forgotten twin 😩

Oops benzo brain 🤔😏. Scroll back twiny l sweated over yesterday's post to you it took me seconds oh sorry hours 😧. You will always have my support honey and to be honest with you you are doing the right thing for yourself and your son.l know this will be a struggle for you however l think you have actually evolved more than anyone else here.lf you are not up to a cut don't cut.You will get through this honey l believe in you.Your son will know in time this is the best thing for him.Don't ring him and keep away drunken phone conversations.love you my lST X

Hi Stut, I did get it mixed up. Now even my mind is going to the dogs...the last thing working is giving up as well.

Well, the psychologist suggested I get out more and do fun things. That's all great of course, but my legs and feet say otherwise.

It's so hard to enjoy something, anything, when you're in pain and feeling worn out most of the time.

Am I the only one on here that's getting worse? Not even the slightest sign of improvement. There's two kinds of days at the moment: bad and worse.

Went for a walk just now: torture with every step.  Sorry, but just had to vent.

Perhaps this afternoon is a bit better.

Hope you're doing OK, Stut. Really appreciate your concern for all of us.

No Troch you are not the only one we all feel worse holding.That is why so many people give up on a hold.lt can take a long time to see an improvement.l think your therapist is right to a degree sometimes sitting alone is the worst thing we can do however l would perhaps aim for manageable goals at the beginning.Enjoyment is hard to find when in withdrawal however sometimes we can enjoy things more than we think we will when we actually push ourselves.l hope your day improves honey.X

Hi Stut,

I am feeling so much better. I guess what it means is when You pray and ask for help god will send you a sign of what to do. Im not schitzoprenic Lol. Just massive anxiety. I find it very confusing. Maybe i am only noticing the bad. I have been very negative. Maybe i just dont understand the whole god thing. Sorry for talking about god on here. I am catholic but never really went to church. My.mother went to Catholic school and i think she was traumatized. We were never really very holy.ppl. lol

. So ppl say he sends signs for guidance.  So if things are bad i think its gods way of telling me im doing something wrong or like when i started feeling really good i saw 666 and i thought it was a sign saying.you are thinking wrong. I guess maybe i should lay ofg the praying till i understand spirituality more. Or not so much in bwd when your anxiety is high. I just want to get better and avoid ever going through this again.  So i dont want to do anything wrong or it will happen again. Only me could think up such a twisted thing. 🤤

Never apologise to me my lovely l just didn't know what that meant.l am not spiritual at all however l was brought up in a Christian household and l still pray.l think we all must find what helps us.l personally praying helps me however it doesn't work for everyone.l think you will find your way sweetheart you aren't mad you are just scared.Just take this a day at a time and one day you will feel better.ly.X

Stut,

Now im thinking maybe in am schitopten8c. It just what i do i pray and i would alwaysvask god for a sign. I i teally have had enough.i sure everyone on this thread thinks im nuts.

Stut,

Now im thinking maybe in am schitopten8c. It just what i do i pray and i would alwaysvask god for a sign. I i teally have had enough.i sure everyone on this thread thinks im nuts.

Awe pet your not your just scared.I don't ask God for a sign honey you could in anxiety see anything as a sign which will be a negative thing when you are feeling vulnerable.Please realise you are doing the best you can.You are in withdrawal and it can be very scary.All we can do is hold on and cope the best we can.

Stut, sorry I missed that question, not sure yet, he would really like my nephew to get to come too, but he changed jobs recently and may not can take anytime yet >:(.  The enso helps when I am out and about, it fits under my clothes well and keeps my back in better shape.  Heat seems to help more at home.  But definitely keeping it.  It's below freezing here this morning, brrrr. 

That was a great video, lol.    Dogs, gotta love them  :D:laugh:  This bil is my sisters x hubby, but they were married over 30 years, so he will always be a part of my family.  He lives in Virginia, which is state below Washington DC.  He loves to drive  :idiot:  but flys if my nephew comes because my nephew hates being on the road that long, lol.  I don't blame him.  I am whiny rider, ask Tim  :laugh: :laugh:    Love you my Queen, hope Auntie is doing well.  Love to my babies and to you, your Lady Mary X Hen 💜💜💜💜💜

Stut, sorry I missed that question, not sure yet, he would really like my nephew to get to come too, but he changed jobs recently and may not can take anytime yet >:(.  The enso helps when I am out and about, it fits under my clothes well and keeps my back in better shape.  Heat seems to help more at home.  But definitely keeping it.  It's below freezing here this morning, brrrr. 

That was a great video, lol.    Dogs, gotta love them  :D:laugh:  This bil is my sisters x hubby, but they were married over 30 years, so he will always be a part of my family.  He lives in Virginia, which is state below Washington DC.  He loves to drive  :idiot:  but flys if my nephew comes because my nephew hates being on the road that long, lol.  I don't blame him.  I am whiny rider, ask Tim  :laugh: :laugh:    Love you my Queen, hope Auntie is doing well.  Love to my babies and to you, your Lady Mary X Hen 💜💜💜💜💜

Awe l hope you enjoy their visit this year.Have to say l am not a good passenger l brake constantly 😉.l also feel very queasy as a passenger.Glad the Enzo is working money well spent.

I was just about to leave for my Aunt's when my big brother came in nose tripping him and eyes blood shot 😕.Can you look after me l am not well 😵.So he is now perched in my corner moaning what a hero.Will still be going to see my Aunt l am sure the pups can look after him.love you Hen.X

Awe l hope you enjoy their visit this year.Have to say l am not a good passenger l brake constantly 😉.l also feel very queasy as a passenger.Glad the Enzo is working money well spent.

I was just about to leave for my Aunt's when my big brother came in nose tripping him and eyes blood shot 😕.Can you look after me l am not well 😵.So he is now perched in my corner moaning what a hero.Will still be going to see my Aunt l am sure the pups can look after him.love you Hen.X

Put on a mask and run him home , lol.  You are best sister  :D :D

Put on a mask and run him home , lol.  You are best sister  :D :D

😇😜I am thinking of drowning him 😂.l am away to my Aunt's.love you my lady Mary HenX

The afternoon was even worse. Had to take.0,5 mg Diazepam just to survive. Didn't want to, but had to. Maybe have to updose.

Took an hour to feel some improvement.

Thank you, Stut, for your kind words.

Hey everyone, I'm calling for prayers! Please, please, please pray for my daughter. I'm at the ER with her she has high BP and right sided numbness. I flipped on the Drs, lost it badddddd. I'm a train wreck and want to swallow 10 Xanax right now bc I would need that much for it to work 😭😭.. Pray in your own way, I believe God hears everyone.

🙏❤️

[4b...]