Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Oops it was mm who said it perfectly  :smitten:

Living with alcoholism, both parents and me and my sister, didn't know what a boundary was, until rehab.  I learned so much in rehab, but I was so ready to be better.  I hated my life, and sucked everything up I could in rehab.  Hopefully there will come a time soon, when Trishy's son is ready  :)

Love ya DD, MM....💜💜💜

Thinking of you Too Many....MM  :smitten: :smitten:

On mm,

I am sorry your parents were alcoholics . I felt the same way. I hated my life. Why was it so bad. I was willing to do anything to get sober. I sucked it up too and it was a relief other people were the same as me. I still need to work on my boundries. I enjoyed rehab myself too. Lol.. I pray tt son will get there and your sister too. Being sober is a much better way of life. Now we just have to work on the dam benzos. I was getting down about how much longer this is going to take. Living in this wd body is getting me down. I guess maybe it won't take as long as we think. I hope not. Ly dd

On mm,

I am sorry your parents were alcoholics . I felt the same way. I hated my life. Why was it so bad. I was willing to do anything to get sober. I sucked it up too and it was a relief other people were the same as me. I still need to work on my boundries. I enjoyed rehab myself too. Lol.. I pray tt son will get there and your sister too. Being sober is a much better way of life. Now we just have to work on the dam benzos. I was getting down about how much longer this is going to take. Living in this wd body is getting me down. I guess maybe it won't take as long as we think. I hope not. Ly dd

My sister went to rehab , hated it, stayed sober for 7 years and started dating someone that drank.  She's been drinking ever since. :-X:-\

I hope it doesn't take us too long too sweet D.  LY, MM 💜💜

Oh no! It's weird with alcohol. I never ever thought I would relapse ever! I still can't believe I did it. Everything in my life got bad at once. People I worked with always talking about alcohol. I was so jealous. Then there is was drinking worse than before. Your never cured. I learned that lesson!

Boundries we all have to set with people. I know I never set boundaries I didn't want to be mean. I need to work on that. It's just like what tt said. Setting boundaries with her son and daughter and law on what she will accept or not accept. Someone described it perfectly. If we dont set up boundaries things can get out of control and you end up getting hurt yourself. Ly dd I hope that makes sense.

Hi DD, mm

Oh boundaries, boundaries, boundaries.. I'm loving that word! It's what I need to do!! I'm too damn nice to my kids to almost being in doormat status! I want boundaries!! I also learned from alanon online group that I'm Co dependent!! When I read what that is I fit it to a tea! I try to fix everything for them! Just do what I say and it'll all be better! I get upset and hurt when I give them advice and they don't listen! All the codependent traits! I guess that's a result of being the child of an alcoholic father, my husband is a recovering alcoholic and now my son is an alcoholic.. I come from a long line of alcoholics. I'm amazed that I'm not one bc in my younger days I was a hard core drinker! When I was dating my husband when bar hopped 7 nights a week and I had a hang over everyday for a year! Then one day I found out I was pregnant and was like ok no drinking for me and I just stopped.. Never went back to it, never had a desire to. I can have a glass of wine way back after my son was born and stop at that with no issue and my husband couldn't. We would get into horrible fights because of it. I used to say to him why can't you just stop, I didn't understand at all. I do not though.

Anywho, thank you all here on the LHSG that reached out to me in my crisis this weekend. I appreciate all of you, such a wonderful group of peeps!

Carry on the good fight people, we will overcome! 💪

Love you all,

TT ❤️

Trishy hi. I like what everyone's telling you. I'm sure you'll be able to improve your situation. This is Jerry wise and he helps you learn how to set boundaries in dysfunctional families. I like the man very much.

Thank you V! I checked him out. I liked him! Thank you for the link. I guess I have my homework cut out for me but so be it. This is another nightmare in the story of Trishy 🤦‍♀️😔

TT ❤️

Oh no! It's weird with alcohol. I never ever thought I would relapse ever! I still can't believe I did it. Everything in my life got bad at once. People I worked with always talking about alcohol. I was so jealous. Then there is was drinking worse than before. Your never cured. I learned that lesson!

I am sure she thought when she started, she could just have a couple  :(. That was in 1999.  She has never stopped since.  :-\

Oh nooo! Alcohol is insidious  :-[

Yeah, we were very close until this happened, she is very defensive and I think feels guilty.  I just can't hang out with her anymore, she drinks all the time and it just isn't a good situation.  I miss her but I can't change the situation.  :(:-[

Oh mm,

I am sorry. Its so hard when you get sober snd someone you picks back up. There's  nothing we can do to change it. It wouldnt he a good situation for you to be around. I know i cant be around drinkers i gets in my head.  I learned my lesson. My.mother drinks wine alot. She has a couple glasses and stops. That kind of bothers me. Im not around her much so i don't think it effects me too much. It still baffles me how someone can do that. Espevially at lunch and stop.  I could never. Id be plannong my next drink or escape in my head. Crazy!

Hey guys,

I am back to long hold.  I am finally tapering at 10% a month.  Do you think this is too slow?  I seem to be getting more spiked or revved up at night instead of the opposite happening and then awake all night long.  Nothing helps.  Tried antihistamines and melatonin, none of them work any longer.  And barely worked when I did try them.  I don't want to decrease ...it is so slow as it is. 

Would appreciate any and all advice and thanks guys.

Kimmie.

Oh mm,

I am sorry. Its so hard when you get sober snd someone you picks back up. There's  nothing we can do to change it. It wouldnt he a good situation for you to be around. I know i cant be around drinkers i gets in my head.  I learned my lesson. My.mother drinks wine alot. She has a couple glasses and stops. That kind of bothers me. Im not around her much so i don't think it effects me too much. It still baffles me how someone can do that. Espevially at lunch and stop.  I could never. Id be plannong my next drink or escape in my head. Crazy!

Me too DD, people drinking now does not bother me at all, but when I did drink, it was never to have one or too, it was always to get drunk.  I was shy and self conscious with no self esteem.  I worked really hard on that after rehab and turned my whole life around.  Then stupid me took Xanax, omg, I wish I had known better.  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Hey guys,

I am back to long hold.  I am finally tapering at 10% a month.  Do you think this is too slow?  I seem to be getting more spiked or revved up at night instead of the opposite happening and then awake all night long.  Nothing helps.  Tried antihistamines and melatonin, none of them work any longer.  And barely worked when I did try them.  I don't want to decrease ...it is so slow as it is. 

Would appreciate any and all advice and thanks guys.

Kimmie.

Kimmie, if you are struggling, I think 10% is too much not too little :(. If you push when you aren't stable, it can cause you to get worse and have to really slow down or hold.  I know time matters, but pushing and then having to hold, actually makes it take longer than just slowing down in the first place.  IMO, I would slow down down now, see if your brain and central nervous system can stabilize with your taper.  Good luck, Mary 🍀🍀🍀

Thanks Mary,

Another question then.....how do I know if this just isn't a wave that will pass?  I was doing well on the 10% for a month so far.  What do you think?

Thanks Mary,

Another question then.....how do I know if this just isn't a wave that will pass?  I was doing well on the 10% for a month so far.  What do you think?

If it's a wave, it is probably from the 10% cuts.  If you are sensitive to tapering, 10 % is quite high.

I know we have some people on here that manages 10% but I truly don't know many.  :(

Thank you Mary,

I think it passed, let up a little and since I've been doing the 10% a MONTH for a MONTH so far with no big problems cept Insomnia, I think I'll just keep going till I cannot anymore.  I have experienced Cold Turkey and I know what symptoms to watch out for.  I am no where near that at this point.  But I'll know when to HOLD when I have to.  From experience I know we can push too far and then it takes weeks to stabilize but again, I recognize those symptoms and when and if they start, I'll be holding ...you betcha. 

So glad you guys are here, helps. 

Thanks so much... greatly appreciate your help.

Kimmie

Me too mm,

Shy, anxious, and low self esteem. The drink made me feel perfect. I thoughtvar firstvwow, I found the answer. It just blew up and became a big problem and I knew it Tried to stop multiple times and I just couldn't. I couldn't stop myself. Boy I am remembering how that stuff controlled me. I finally gave up and got help. Couldn't do it on my own. Never could stop at one. It's all or nothing for me with alcohol.  :sick:

Anybody see the adorable puppies on Puppy Bowl XVI?  I want Papaya.  He’s is a Labrador Retriever/Border Collie mix from Shaggy Dog Rescue in Texas.  OMG so cute!

Me too! I want him to cuddle with me. I think they have a kitten bowl too. Oh they do. I watched it a few years ago and it was hill ariuos!

[9a...]