Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

VNM, I am so sorry to hear you are having a hard time. I feel you. Keep on holding, change is sloooooow but one day you might realize you feel a little better. Sending you so much love.

Troch, I just remembered.. I was prescribed Promethazine for nausea and it also makes you very sleepy. It's an antihistamine.. not the best, not the worst. I think it really helped me during w/d, and is non habit forming. I still take it sometimes. Just another idea.

Love to all of you.

THANK YOU 🐱👤💖

Sometimes its even in the same day. You feel normal and crash. That was my day. It feels bipolar or something. This is no fun. I am sorry vali, these mental sx are scary. I have them to. I was always the level headed one. Now, i feel like im gone. Lydd

Hello LHSG'ers! Hope the day has treated everyone well!

Many mmmmm's, where are you? How is Tim? Everything go ok? Let us know when you can girlfriend, you know we love you! ❤️

Hey twinny, hope you have a fun weekend! Thinking of you! Love you tiny woman ❤️

Hope to be back in the room later!

Love to all,

TT ♥️

Hey Too Many T's,  we just woke up from nap, lol.  Tim was still alittle drugged.  He is fine, we went to breakfast, and my eye did well enough. Thanks for asking , love you too.  Glad it's over, another Dr appt scratched off.  Yay, how are you feeling today?    :D

Hey mmmmm's, glad everything went well and that your eye didn't give you too much of a problem.

Rich and I went to the movies earlier and we had to leave bc my daughter in law text me that my son was drunk. He was away in Pennsylvania for work since last Sunday and he came home today and he was drunk. I can't do this anymore..I feel like I'm going to lose my sanity. I try to be the best mother and grandmother I know how to be but I feel very fragile mentally ever since this taper began and I'm not sure what to do. Honestly I want so bad to go back to work and get away from them. I don't want to watch their baby when it's born full time. My kids drive me crazy and I don't know where to hide to get away from them. I try too hard to please them at my own expense. Not so much my daughter and her husband but my son and his wife drive me insane. I'm so deeply sad and I'm hurt to the core. Don't know what to do with myself tonight mmmmm's ..

I just feel so burdened 😢

TT feeling terrible ❤️

Many mmmmm's, where are you? How is Tim? Everything go ok? Let us know when you can girlfriend, you know we love you! ❤️

Hey twinny, hope you have a fun weekend! Thinking of you! Love you tiny woman ❤️

Love to all,

TT ♥️

Hey Too Many T's,  we just woke up from nap, lol.  Tim was still alittle drugged.  He is fine, we went to breakfast, and my eye did well enough. Thanks for asking , love you too.  Glad it's over, another Dr appt scratched off.  Yay, how are you feeling today?    :D

Hey mmmmm's, glad everything went well and that your eye didn't give you too much of a problem.

Rich and I went to the movies earlier and we had to leave bc my daughter in law text me that my son was drunk. He was away in Pennsylvania for work since last Sunday and he came home today and he was drunk. I can't do this anymore..I feel like I'm going to lose my sanity. I try to be the best mother and grandmother I know how to be but I feel very fragile mentally ever since this taper began and I'm not sure what to do. Honestly I want so bad to go back to work and get away from them. I don't want to watch their baby when it's born full time. My kids drive me crazy and I don't know where to hide to get away from them. I try too hard to please them at my own expense. Not so much my daughter and her husband but my son and his wife drive me insane. I'm so deeply sad and I'm hurt to the core. Don't know what to do with myself tonight mmmmm's ..

TT feeling terrible ❤️

Oh TT, I am so so sorry.  Alcoholics are so hard to deal with and now a pregnant wife. I know, I am one, practically my whole family.  Can her parents help?  Why does it always have to be you?  You may have to step back and tell them you are very vulnerable right now and just can't be responsible for any more.  I know you will never say that though.....gosh, I don't know, I do know you are a wonderful grandparent.  He needs to be in rehab but he needs to want to be there.  All this crap gonna change on my own and go to meetings is just crap.  I wish I could help, can you do tough love Trishy, because that's all you got right now that might help.  Can Rich do it?  I am so very sorry, I know it breaks your heart and you are worn out from withdrawal, physically and emotionally.  I luv ya Too Many, MMM.  💜💜💜

Hi tt,

I am so sorry. That is heartbreaking.  Mm is right he has to want it. I am an alcoholic too. I had to hit bottom and I got the help I needed. My life was unmanaged. I really think you need to set boundaries. I know it's hard. I know there are al anon meetings maybe some online. They help the loved ones of alcoholics. Maybe something to look into. We are here for you. I really hope he goes to rehab. Ly dd

Hey mm,

How are you? Is your ey]0e any better?

Hey girlfriend  :). It's tired and weak right now but definitely better than first half of week.  I hope it's a good sign.  Worried about Trishy  :(. How was your day?  :)

Love to all,

TT ♥️

TT feeling terrible ❤️

Oh TT, I am so so sorry.  Alcoholics are so hard to deal with and now a pregnant wife. I know, I am one, practically my whole family.  Can her parents help?  Why does it always have to be you?  You may have to step back and tell them you are very vulnerable right now and just can't be responsible for any more.  I know you will never say that though.....gosh, I don't know, I do know you are a wonderful grandparent.  He needs to be in rehab but he needs to want to be there.  All this crap gonna change on my own and go to meetings is just crap.  I wish I could help, can you do tough love Trishy, because that's all you got right now that might help.  Can Rich do it?  I am so very sorry, I know it breaks your heart and you are worn out from withdrawal, physically and emotionally.  I luv ya Too Many, MMM.  💜💜💜

I am extremely worn out as we all are here. This is life sucking. This is such a hard battle and then go throw life's problems on top of it and it's any wonder any of us are still around to talk about it. I think it's a miracle that we keep going, everyday, we keep on keeping on.

I don't know what to do about anything anymore.. I guess for now one foot in front of the other and one day at a time and breathe in and out :(

Thank you for the friendship and support..❤️

Hi tt,

I am so sorry. That is heartbreaking.  Mm is right he has to want it. I am an alcoholic too. I had to hit bottom and I got the help I needed. My life was unmanaged. I really think you need to set boundaries. I know it's hard. I know there are al anon meetings maybe some online. They help the loved ones of alcoholics. Maybe something to look into. We are here for you. I really hope he goes to rehab. Ly dd

Hi DD, I just joined two fb alanon groups tonight. I'm waiting for the notification of acceptance. I hope I can find strength there bc I'm on my last leg here with my son and his wife. They drag me into their problems all the time. I love my son and I hate that he drinks but I know I can't stop him. I know my daughter in law wants me to stop him, to help her, but I can't I have tried. Doesn't she realize he's my flesh and blood and I'd give my right arm to see him stop and have a normal happy life. For God's sake in his mother.. I have my issues with her that I won't get into here on the LHSG but she's a handful is all I'll say 😢

Good night ladies,

Thanks for listening or reading my vent. I plan on tapering again next month and with all this garbage going on... Uhggg this should be interesting 🤦‍♀️

Love you guys, hope you have a restful night.

TT ♥️

Quote:

I am extremely worn out as we all are here. This is life sucking. This is such a hard battle and then go throw life's problems on top of it and it's any wonder any of us are still around to talk about it. I think it's a miracle that we keep going, everyday, we keep on keeping on.

I don't know what to do about anything anymore.. I guess for now one foot in front of the other and one day at a time and breathe in and out :(

Thank you for the friendship and support..❤️

This is so very, very true. A benzo sufferer's life in a nutshell.

Oh tt,

I know it sucks. I am glad you joined alonon. I think maybe by setting boundaries and tough love will.help. I will pray he finds his way soon. He did try to stop so he knows he has a problem. So that is a good sign. I did that multiple times and it was torture and i finally surrendered and got help. I will pray he finds his way soon. I said that twuce. Just woke up.  Ly dd

Mm,

Glad your eye is a bit better! Glad yedterday went out and you and Tim went for breakfast. Hope that enso is still helping.  Ly dd

Hi Troch,

The mornings are rough. You do seem more calm the last couple of days. Hope tou csn get outside today and walk. Ill be heading out soon.  Ly Suzy

Hi Suzy, that's just keeping up appearances. After a bad night I had a bad morning with a better part in it. I took a shower then, did the laundry and some other chars. Later anxiety kicked in big time. And lots of upper leg muscle pain. After lunch I felt like my head was going to explode,  so I took a rescue dose. Now I'm very groggy but less scared. Pfffiuw. Life is rough at the moment. The last two days I walked twice a day. Overdid it again. Hope you feel OK.  Enjoy your walk. Ly too. X

Hi tt,

Hi DD, I just joined two fb alanon groups tonight. I'm waiting for the notification of acceptance. I hope I can find strength there bc I'm on my last leg here with my son and his wife. They drag me into their problems all the time. I love my son and I hate that he drinks but I know I can't stop him. I know my daughter in law wants me to stop him, to help her, but I can't I have tried. Doesn't she realize he's my flesh and blood and I'd give my right arm to see him stop and have a normal happy life. For God's sake in his mother.. I have my issues with her that I won't get into here on the LHSG but she's a handful is all I'll say 😢

Trishy,

I also wanted to gently suggest Alanon.  Not only are there in person meetings, but also phone meetings which you can Google.  I attended Alanon till benzo withdrwal and it really was helpful. I grew up with addiction in my family and dates lots of alcoholics and addicts.

I started going after I overdid caretaking of my mom and my life really was changing.  Plan to go back when my head is not so filled with a benzo focus.

Alanon is a great program.

Troch,

I am having the same day as you! It could be worse i guess. I overdo it too. My legs and muscles hurt too  :tickedoff: Its?rediculous. I guess it goes when it goes. I am glad the anciety went down. They have apps that help with anxiety and they are free. They do help. Maybe you could try one.

Hi tt,

Trishy,

I also wanted to gently suggest Alanon.  Not only are there in person meetings, but also phone meetings which you can Google.  I attended Alanon till benzo withdrwal and it really was helpful. I grew up with addiction in my family and dates lots of alcoholics and addicts.

I started going after I overdid caretaking of my mom and my life really was changing.  Plan to go back when my head is not so filled with a benzo focus.

Alanon is a great program.

Thanks FH, my online alanon group that I joined last night suggested in person meetings. They also suggested books which I bought off Amazon this morning. My husband and I are so depressed today.. but the positive is I'm getting great advice and lots of it today from the FB group. Do in grateful for that.

❤️ TT

Oh tt,

I know it sucks. I am glad you joined alonon. I think maybe by setting boundaries and tough love will.help. I will pray he finds his way soon. He did try to stop so he knows he has a problem. So that is a good sign. I did that multiple times and it was torture and i finally surrendered and got help. I will pray he finds his way soon. I said that twuce. Just woke up.  Ly dd

DD, can you explain what you mean by boundaries. I keep reading that but not understanding exactly what that means in the way it's being used in this situation.

❤️ TT

Oh tt,

DD, can you explain what you mean by boundaries. I keep reading that but not understanding exactly what that means in the way it's being used in this situation.

❤️ TT

It means your son and daughter have to understand you can't be taken advantage of.  It's like having rules.  And you as well as them have to abide by them.

He can not come to your house drinking

You will only babysit once a week

She has to understand she needs to try alanon too because she needs to realize you can't control your son, he has a disease and only he can control it

Things like that, but if you don't follow them too, they will just fall apart

Does that make sense?

Trishy hi. I like what everyone's telling you. I'm sure you'll be able to improve your situation. This is Jerry wise and he helps you learn how to set boundaries in dysfunctional families. I like the man very much.

Boundries we all have to set with people. I know I never set boundaries I didn't want to be mean. I need to work on that. It's just like what tt said. Setting boundaries with her son and daughter and law on what she will accept or not accept. Someone described it perfectly. If we dont set up boundaries things can get out of control and you end up getting hurt yourself. Ly dd I hope that makes sense.

[f1...]