Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I open the bathroom window and try to breath the cold air and look outside. It helps. Maybe if we turn the water cold at the end of shower it will wake us up. I think my eyes were getting sunscreen in them, it burns. Love to all dd

DD, sunscreen at this time of the year? Is the sun even out where you live?

Cold water in the shower? Dan takes 2 minute showers, and ends with cold water. But none of us are him.

Intend, I have bad news for you, that little cat doesn't think that's "your" spot, that's Pepper's spot.

Maybe I should cough until I shed some tears, I could really use this eye giving me a break until I get Tim taken care of.  If you need a good nap, sit in front of this part of Impeachment.  Hope your running around is done and you and Dan can relax now.  :smitten: LY, Mary 💜💜

We’re home now and little Pepper is in front of the fire 🔥. Dan is cooking.

No one would like my coughing because I’m choking. But those tears did help my eyes 👀 or peepers as Trish calls them.  :smitten:

Interesting, I used to have major shower problems.. when I was in acute, I would get terrible anxiety in the shower. Just thinking about it makes me sad. I would take as fast a shower as I could and seriously not take one for another week if I could help it.

I am fine taking showers now... so glad that passed!

OK, I feel the same way about showers right now. I have to force myself just to take them, but I do take them. Lecture myself.  :tickedoff: Weird!

I open the bathroom window and try to breath the cold air and look outside. It helps. Maybe if we turn the water cold at the end of shower it will wake us up. I think my eyes were getting sunscreen in them, it burns. Love to all dd

Turn the cold water on!!  I'm a wuss and the cold water that comes out of my bathroom is  Cold :laugh: :laugh:

Our cold water is also super duper COLD. Ice 🧊 cube cold.

DD, sunscreen at this time of the year? Is the sun even out where you live?

Cold water in the shower? Dan takes 2 minute showers, and ends with cold water. But none of us are him.

Eek! I have done cold water at the end after a hot tub or something... but it  is so hard! Pepper in front of the fire sounds sooooo nice!

Hehe,

I dont know what it is about the shower. I say to myself, ok just do it your not going to die then I get dressed and I'm trembling. The cold water did help. I tried it. Freezing!  :laugh: oh mm, the trembling is awful. Soon this will be a memory. We are better better everyday.  :smitten:

Intend,

I have been trying to wear sunscreen. I never really did. I have been watching videos and everyone says wear sunscreen. I hate it it feels gross on my face and gets in my eyes. I hate the feel of any thing on my face, I like my moisturizer and a little concealer blush mascara and some eyeliner. I can't do makeup. It comes out terrible and in bwd I'm too shaky. It would be all over my face..lol. I have no idea why I just told you about my makeup. I need to get a life. I'm glad your eye is better. Ny eyes are sooo sensitive from this wd. They get watery red itchy. Not much sun here. Just cold and dreary.  :smitten:

Tt, you did good with the anxiety. Dont feed into it. Just let it pass and it will subside.  :smitten: :smitten:

Hehe,

I dont know what it is about the shower. I say to myself, ok just do it your not going to die then I get dressed and I'm trembling. The cold water did help. I tried it. Freezing!  :laugh: oh mm, the trembling is awful. Soon this will be a memory. We are better better everyday.  :smitten:

Intend,

I have been trying to wear sunscreen. I never really did. I have been watching videos and everyone says wear sunscreen. I hate it it feels gross on my face and gets in my eyes. I hate the feel of any thing on my face, I like my moisturizer and a little concealer blush mascara and some eyeliner. I can't do makeup. It comes out terrible and in bwd I'm too shaky. It would be all over my face..lol. I have no idea why I just told you about my makeup. I need to get a life. I'm glad your eye is better. Ny eyes are sooo sensitive from this wd. They get watery red itchy. Not much sun here. Just cold and dreary.  :smitten:

Tt, you did good with the anxiety. Dont feed into it. Just let it pass and it will subside.  :smitten: :smitten:

I used to get shaky doing makeup too.. I think it was because that meant I was leaving the house and that was scary. Much better now, most of the time.

Suzy, have you tried moisturizer with sunscreen? It is so much nicer on the face than regular sunscreen. My favorite brand is Eminence. You can get to online. It is a tiny jar for kind of expensive, but it lasts soooo long, you only need a small amount.

Ok,

I used to be afraid to leave the house. Just kept doing it and eventually the anxiety and panic went away. It was tough for a while. I will look for that moisturizer.  Regular sunscreen is to irritating and  my eyes burn. Thanks I am going to look it up now.  :) :)

Glad to read more of us have that shower issue. I thought I was the only one who had this. I get in and out as quickly as possible,  afraid to slip and fall, all nervous and tense. I have to force myself to stay in there a little longer. It used to be a pleasant thing to do. Nowadays it's something that has to be done. So many things of our normal life have become really hard to do.

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Troch how did you sleep last night?l really hope you feel a little better this morning.Is your appointment this morning?See what you think about adding a med it really is up to you.love to you.X

. Morning ladies I see the shower/bath issue is a shared experience.The cause is vasodilation.Our bp then drops and blood pools in our legs.The best way to combat it is drink a good amount of fluids before the shower and move your legs while in the shower.Also keep the water a little cooler.lt may not stop it completely however it could make it a little less extreme.Probably we are more extreme because our cooling system isn't working normally it will ease off just another pressie from our friendly benzo 😡.

Morning Twiny l have always been proud of you you are learning all the time.Cool the water a bit honey you may find it helps.l am probably doing very little over the weekend but you never know.l tend not to plan anything l just get up and go.My daughter his home later so no matter what we do l am happy.Have a good weekend honey.l will speak to you next week sometime.love you my lST X

Morning Suzy you are doing as well as any here.l know you think you are worse than any of us however you aren't.Learn to accept this and keep working on your thoughts.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary good luck for today honey.Send plenty of pictures l always enjoy a laugh 😳. Drive carefully.love you my lady Mary HenX.

. Morning GP, Final Bill Intend,NJ, Olive Gilly Valley Free Meems Esperanza and everyone here sending you my love.X

Morning Stut,

, I slept some 5 hours. Woke up in pain,  as usual. This started about a month and a half ago.  Got up for a while. Back to bed, could stay there until 7.45 am. Nervous, nauseous. Took a walk this morning. Seeing the shrink at 1 pm. Still in a lot of doubt. Additional meds means additional tapering at a later stage. Maybe just hold for 6 months or so. And hope symptoms get easier to handle.

Morning Stut,

, I slept some 5 hours. Woke up in pain,  as usual. This started about a month and a half ago.  Got up for a while. Back to bed, could stay there until 7.45 am. Nervous, nauseous. Took a walk this morning. Seeing the shrink at 1 pm. Still in a lot of doubt. Additional meds means additional tapering at a later stage. Maybe just hold for 6 months or so. And hope symptoms get easier to handle.

Well my love whatever you decide we will support you.lt is a hard decision however l agree with the adding other drugs does kinda complicate matters.l know you will do what is best for you.A really long hold could be what you really need to get you off the benzo.Let us know how your appointment goes.X

Good morning LHSG. It’s early but can’t sleep any longer.  My heart rate is 49 bpm and have a headache.

It’s nice to have you here Stut.  You have such a great amount of knowledge of why we are feeling these symptoms.  Thank you so much.  I hope you have a great weekend with your daughter.  How Are you doing?  Do you think you willl be done this Easter?  I know it’s hard to put a timeline on this but that would be an amazing date.

Carry on LHSG.

Hi, 

Back from the appointment. Decided before going there, not to take an AD. 

The psychiatrist was ill ( glad he was, I don't like him, because he told me on our first meeting, tapering wasn't such a big deal...).

His assistent was ever so nice. She used to work with people fighting addiction. Very benzo wise!

She fully supported my decision. Said it was a good example of my fighting spirit. An AD would only bring extra suffering to an already suffering body and mind. And, would have to be tapered off too at a later stage.

She applauded my going for dry needling,  as it had helped her in the past too.

Doing a real long hold was another idea she fully agreed with. Mindfulness,  exercise, group sessions can all help in her opinion.

Morning LHSG,  :laugh:  Tim has already been called back.  This is a new place and same people's we have always used.  It's packed, but actually very nice inside.  We discussed where he wanted breakfast when this is over lol  :laugh:  Thank goodness my eye isn't really bad this morning so everything is going fine. 

Stut, when I was studying all the back and neck pain and having MRI's, what I read actually said most of the operations done shouldn't have been, people got little to no relief and in most cases it was wear and tear.  Which is what benzo's love, some wear and tear. So, in my illustrious opinion  :laugh:  you guys made a good decision.  Have a wonderful weekend my Queen.  Love you and all babies.  Will give Tim hug for you, Lady Mary x Hen 💜💜

Thinking of all of you.  Love Mary 💜💜

Hi, 

Back from the appointment. Decided before going there, not to take an AD. 

The psychiatrist was ill ( glad he was, I don't like him, because he told me on our first meeting, tapering wasn't such a big deal...).

His assistent was ever so nice. She used to work with people fighting addiction. Very benzo wise!

She fully supported my decision. Said it was a good example of my fighting spirit. An AD would only bring extra suffering to an already suffering body and mind. And, would have to be tapered off too at a later stage.

She applauded my going for dry needling,  as it had helped her in the past too.

Doing a real long hold was another idea she fully agreed with. Mindfulness,  exercise, group sessions can all help in her opinion.

What a great assistant!  Sounds like she should be the doctor!  Lol

Hello LHSG'ers! Hope the day has treated everyone well!

Many mmmmm's, where are you? How is Tim? Everything go ok? Let us know when you can girlfriend, you know we love you! ❤️

Hey twinny, hope you have a fun weekend! Thinking of you! Love you tiny woman ❤️

Hope to be back in the room later!

Love to all,

TT ♥️

Troch,

I was prescribed Paxil when this all started.. I thought long and hard about it and researched a bunch here and on the internet.. I had pressure from my Dr and boyfriend to take it but I listened to my gut and did not take it. So good for you for listening to your intuition. That assistant sounds amazing!

Mary, I'm glad your outing with Tim is going well, you were worried.

GP I am sorry you are suffering! I hope you start to round a corner soon.

Stut, you are so very wise and we are lucky to have you cheering us on! We are cheering you on!

Love you all

Hello LHSG'ers! Hope the day has treated everyone well!

Many mmmmm's, where are you? How is Tim? Everything go ok? Let us know when you can girlfriend, you know we love you! ❤️

Hey twinny, hope you have a fun weekend! Thinking of you! Love you tiny woman ❤️

Hope to be back in the room later!

Love to all,

TT ♥️

Hey Too Many T's,  we just woke up from nap, lol.  Tim was still alittle drugged.  He is fine, we went to breakfast, and my eye did well enough. Thanks for asking , love you too.  Glad it's over, another Dr appt scratched off.  Yay, how are you feeling today?    :D

Hi girls and boys,

Couldn't catch up. I have horrrrrrrible mental and emotional symptoms and this is nowhere near getting stable or having windows or anything. People look at me and think I'm normal, and in my brain it's just all gone wrong. I don't see improvement. I updosed in July and held for six months and a half. I feel I'll always be like this. People who know me say I look more collected than ever. Of course, because I'm all day holding onto myself trying not to freak out with fear or benzo rage or depression. It's a nightmare to live like this and I really don't see an improvement. Yes, I'm no longer in that acute state I went into in summer, but I feel like the protracted people, only that I'm not even off the medication and I'm like this. Tapering again is just out of the question, unless my daughter turns 25 and I'm still alive, then I'll consider it. I have to be honest with myself. I don't see improvement since October. Same old same old. Well ok one morning a week ago I was ironing my hair and suddenly I realised the fear wasn't there. Then it came back. That's about it. OK rant over. This is just me. People in general hold, then get better, then taper again and then come off and good bye. I'll keep holding, what else can I do anyway? Trotschetter I don't like SSRIs. I've been on two, paxil and lexapro. They're not as easy to come off of as the doctors tell you (surprise surprise). If you absolutely want to try something for sleep, azytromicine is an antihistaminic and helps a bit. I'd take that one.

Wishing everyone peace, love, healing and that the universe sends you a message in the form of insight to understand what the heck it wants from us with all this.

Hi Valiumnomore,

Good of you to vent. Does make a person feel a little better.

Hope you're going  to see some improvement soon.

It's crazy with these benzos: today can be awful, tomorrow suddenly feels better. Next day you're having a bad day again.

All we can do is hope and pray and just try to hang in there.

And then maybe some day...

VNM, I am so sorry to hear you are having a hard time. I feel you. Keep on holding, change is sloooooow but one day you might realize you feel a little better. Sending you so much love.

Troch, I just remembered.. I was prescribed Promethazine for nausea and it also makes you very sleepy. It's an antihistamine.. not the best, not the worst. I think it really helped me during w/d, and is non habit forming. I still take it sometimes. Just another idea.

Love to all of you.

[4c...]