Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Trish try not to panic honey you know it is unpleasant but harmless.l have to lay down on the floor after l come out of the bath with my feet up.lt is a sight to behold 😁. Funny the ways we can be affected by this.l know distraction is important however let yourself feel it and let it pass.We can't rid ourselves of anxiety completely however we can stop panicking every time it happens.l am ok honey just keeping going as per.We had a quiet weekend just a lot of clothes washing and walking.Just nice to have her here.l think twiny a bit of excitement might kill me 😜.Stay strong honey.love you my lST X

Morning Suzy please stop looking for the why of all this you are just going to frustrate yourself.This is withdrawal and we can't change it.l know you think this is you however you will not be as bad as this.l hope you work hard on relaxing and not feeding into those thoughts.love you.X

Morning Final l did go to the funerals just haven't been able to feel much.p have felt this way for several years.A lot of people get it when in withdrawal l was unfortunate to get it in tolerance.l am sure it will resolve however it will take a long time.Keep on honey you are doing well.love to you.X

. Morning Lady Mary or should l say Cyclops 😳. Those bloody eyes seem to be more bother than they are worth.It will pass just rest them as much as you can.love you my lady Mary HenX

. Morning Intend Gilly Janice Valley Free Meems Esperanza NJ Olive GP Nova Miyu Bill Mia and everyone here sending you my love hoping everyone has a withdrawal free day.X

Thanks Stut!

That exactly what I have been doing. I thought the sx were me. They seem like you have issues you dont have. I was never this bad ever. I need to walk. I haven't because of my car and it's been cold. I was thinking better. Plus the thyroid med for some reason the me off. Its is getting better. Omg! I lay on the floor to and stretch like crazy and exercise and it settles me down and my mind clears. We must both be a site! We are getting better every day! Ly Suzy 😋🙂❤❤

Hi troch,

I know how you feel. Try not to dwell and ruminate on sx. You have to distract. Do not google and catastrophe. You will get better. Do yogo meditation walking anything to keep your mind occupied. Dont feed the fear. I try to keep a routine as best I can .  You are ok. The sx aren't tou it's the drug. I hope this helps. If you need meds I understand. I would never tell someone not to. Warrior on!

Worst night so far: hardly slept, heart racing ( or so it felt), muscles tight, pain, nausea, extreme anxiety. Called the emergency doctor. He came at 5 am. Checked heart, lungs, blood pressure,  oxygen. Everything OK. Still shaking like a leave, so tired, I can't take this anymore. Seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow. Want extra meds to get rid of this fear. I know you all say no to that. But something 's got to give. I' m exhausted mentally and physically.

Dear trotschetter, I hope you find help. Fwiw, I'm very happy with the sleep that 50 mgs of trazodone provides me with.

Morning LHSG  :)

It's so weird we all have shower or tub withdrawal symptoms.  It exhausts me and usually a short time later, I am having a nap.  Is it the warm water?  I just don't get it, I know more people with the issue too.

Stut thinking of you my Queen.  I hope everyday all our symptoms ease off some.  I will take care of Tim, don't worry.  If he falls asleep in the restaurant again, I have a smart phone for a few great pictures  :laugh:;D.  Love you my Queen, Lady Mary X Hen 💜💜💜

Trouch, you are the only person that can truly decide what you need.  We will all support you.  💜💜

Love all you guys!!  Hoping for a better day for us all.  Mary 💜💜💜

Mm,

I dtead the shower, its a little better than it was. Makes me ferl anxiod or something. A hard feeling to describe. This whole thing is so weird.  :idiot:

Thank you, dear ladies. Still not sure what to do. Maybe after tomorrow 's talk. Thankfully things improved a bit this afternoon.  Got anxious in bed, so got up and went for a walk. Felt a little better afterwards. O, how I hate this anxiety. An hour later did that same walk once more. Exercise is supposed to be good for an anxious mind...

Thank you, dear ladies. Still not sure what to do. Maybe after tomorrow 's talk. Thankfully things improved a bit this afternoon.  Got anxious in bed, so got up and went for a walk. Felt a little better afterwards. O, how I hate this anxiety.

Have our fingers crossed Trouch  ;)

Mm,

I dtead the shower, its a little better than it was. Makes me ferl anxiod or something. A hard feeling to describe. This whole thing is so weird.  :idiot:

And it's so many of us :idiot: :idiot:

It's so weird we all have shower or tub withdrawal symptoms.  It exhausts me and usually a short time later, I am having a nap.  Is it the warm water?  I just don't get it, I know more people with the issue too.

Stut thinking of you my Queen.  I hope everyday all our symptoms ease off some.  I will take care of Tim, don't worry.  If he falls asleep in the restaurant again, I have a smart phone for a few great pictures  :laugh:;D.  Love you my Queen, Lady Mary X Hen 💜💜💜

Trouch, you are the only person that can truly decide what you need.  We will all support you.  💜💜

Mary,

You know I have the shower problems also. My throat tightens up, and I rush to get out, but I too am exhausted and must lay back on couch for awhile to feel ok.

My doc says it is the warm water.

And don’t some of us also have eye problems? The optometrist told me last week or week before to stop the eye drops I was using along with everything else because my eyes both were feeling irritated. Told me using the drops continuously were irritating my eyes. So I stopped.

Then yesterday, both eyes were bothering me again, so I took a dreaded shower late in evening. That made eyes irritated again and somewhat dry. So out of fear of another corneal tear, I put one drop of different brand (recommended by optometrists receptionist when I drove over to change appointment-still has same ingredients in slightly different percentages), and today, the left eye feels irritated.

So do I have dry eye or not? I don’t even know anymore. So fed up with all of this, and today I have much to do. Phone calls while my voice is audible, and maybe a trip to credit union to get things straightened  out there depending on results of phone calls.

And of course, Dan has places for me to go also along with Walgreens who keeps calling to get me to pick up medications for Dan.

I better shut up now and make those calls while I can, and I’m not sure if I need another dreaded shower again or not since last nights was so late. And will that irritate my eyes again?

Time for head to explode 💣 just as Senator Mark Warner said earlier on MSNBC!

Mary,

You know I have the shower problems also. My throat tightens up, and I rush to get out, but I too am exhausted and must lay back on couch for awhile to feel ok.

And don’t some of us also have eye problems? The optometrist told me last week or week before to stop the eye drops I was using along with everything else because my eyes both were feeling irritated. Told me using the drops continuously were irritating my eyes. So I stopped.

Then yesterday, both eyes were bothering me again, so I took a dreaded shower late in evening. That made eyes irritated again and somewhat dry. So out of fear of another corneal tear, I put one drop of different brand (recommended by optometrists receptionist when I drove over to change appointment-still has same ingredients in slightly different percentages), and today, the left eye feels irritated.

So do I have dry eye or not? I don’t even know anymore. So fed up with all of this, and today I have much to do. Phone calls while my voice is audible, and maybe a trip to credit union to get things straightened  out there depending on results of phone calls.

And of course, Dan has places for me to go also along with Walgreens who keeps calling to get me to pick up medications for Dan.

I better shut up now and make those calls while I can, and I’m not sure if I need another dreaded shower again or not since last nights was so late. And will that irritate my eyes again?

I thought it was probably the hot water, and when I get out, my eye is red and watery.  I don't think mine are dry and heavens knows, you don't need another shower if you had one last night.  You didn't mow the lawn this morning did you  :laugh: :laugh:    You be careful driving around.  Love you, Dan and beautiful Pepper 🌹🌹🐱🐾🐾🚂🚂🚂

Thank you, dear ladies. Still not sure what to do. Maybe after tomorrow 's talk. Thankfully things improved a bit this afternoon.  Got anxious in bed, so got up and went for a walk. Felt a little better afterwards. O, how I hate this anxiety. An hour later did that same walk once more. Exercise is supposed to be good for an anxious mind...

Troch, please do what you need to feel better.  I'm not anti medication for anyone who is struggling. We all have to take care of ourselves the best way we can.

I have had days where I tremble uncontrollably and it scared me so much.  It did go away but I was petrified it wouldn't.  I hope things continue to ease up for you. 

Whatever you decide, you are supported here. 

Mary,

I thought it was probably the hot water, and when I get out, my eye is red and watery.  I don't think mine are dry and heavens knows, you don't need another shower if you had one last night.  You didn't mow the lawn this morning did you  :laugh: :laugh:    You be careful driving around.  Love you, Dan and beautiful Pepper 🌹🌹🐱🐾🐾🚂🚂🚂

Mary,

I just made my calls. The county treasurers office got the monthly property tax payment so that is finally taken care of.

And then I called the credit union because I need to change that address on my online banking from the P. O. Box of Wells Fargo to the P. O. Box of Zions Bank as that is the new address for the Salt Lake County Treasurer. And thank goodness, the credit union has both people who can do this there today.

But somebody left a message yesterday at 10:04 am on the phone, and when I just started my calls, the phone kept beeping. So I called the messaging system to get that message, and it came from the phone company giving me instructions on how to work something ( seriously could not figure this out) I ended up deleting our messaging system completely. So now I’m going to have to get that figured out and I guess have Dan call Century Link. Oy Vey, what a mess. At least I have time today.

And during my call to the credit union, I started coughing (thank you idiopathic subglottic stenosis) and coughed so much my eyes teared up.

Seems like those tears helped my left eye, so absolutely no mowing for me anyway, and no, I didn’t mow yesterday so just need my “medication,” brush my teeth, and hopefully off we go.

And I must stop that little kitty cat from taking my spot on the couch. 🌹 🚂 🐈 🐾 🌶    💛🧡💛

Intend, I have bad news for you, that little cat doesn't think that's "your" spot, that's Pepper's spot.

Maybe I should cough until I shed some tears, I could really use this eye giving me a break until I get Tim taken care of.  If you need a good nap, sit in front of this part of Impeachment.  Hope your running around is done and you and Dan can relax now.  :smitten: LY, Mary 💜💜

I open the bathroom window and try to breath the cold air and look outside. It helps. Maybe if we turn the water cold at the end of shower it will wake us up. I think my eyes were getting sunscreen in them, it burns. Love to all dd

Interesting, I used to have major shower problems.. when I was in acute, I would get terrible anxiety in the shower. Just thinking about it makes me sad. I would take as fast a shower as I could and seriously not take one for another week if I could help it.

I am fine taking showers now... so glad that passed!

I open the bathroom window and try to breath the cold air and look outside. It helps. Maybe if we turn the water cold at the end of shower it will wake us up. I think my eyes were getting sunscreen in them, it burns. Love to all dd

Turn the cold water on!!  I'm a wuss and the cold water that comes out of my bathroom is  Cold :laugh: :laugh:

Ahaaa! I did it once. Mine is freezing too! It is weird this mysterious shower thing. I'm glad it went away for you. Boy I miss the ease of just getting up and living without thought.

Ahaaa! I did it once. Mine is freezing too! It is weird this mysterious shower thing. I'm glad it went away for you. Boy I miss the ease of just getting up and living without thought.

It hasn't gone away for me, but it's not quite as bad now.  My lips use to tremble and I would shake.

It's just amazing how many of us it effects.  I remember when I had my 3 week window, it was so nice , you put it so well, living without thought.  I'd just hop in and enjoy it and then bam, showers sucked again  :(

Morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Trish try not to panic honey you know it is unpleasant but harmless.l have to lay down on the floor after l come out of the bath with my feet up.lt is a sight to behold 😁. Funny the ways we can be affected by this.l know distraction is important however let yourself feel it and let it pass.We can't rid ourselves of anxiety completely however we can stop panicking every time it happens.l am ok honey just keeping going as per.We had a quiet weekend just a lot of clothes washing and walking.Just nice to have her here.l think twiny a bit of excitement might kill me 😜.Stay strong honey.love you my lST X

Morning Suzy please stop looking for the why of all this you are just going to frustrate yourself.This is withdrawal and we can't change it.l know you think this is you however you will not be as bad as this.l hope you work hard on relaxing and not feeding into those thoughts.love you.X

Morning Final l did go to the funerals just haven't been able to feel much.p have felt this way for several years.A lot of people get it when in withdrawal l was unfortunate to get it in tolerance.l am sure it will resolve however it will take a long time.Keep on honey you are doing well.love to you.X

. Morning Lady Mary or should l say Cyclops 😳. Those bloody eyes seem to be more bother than they are worth.It will pass just rest them as much as you can.love you my lady Mary HenX

. Morning Intend Gilly Janice Valley Free Meems Esperanza NJ Olive GP Nova Miyu Bill Mia and everyone here sending you my love hoping everyone has a withdrawal free day.X

Hello my tiny lady,

Oh my goodness twinny my heart was thumping out of my chest 😳.. I did well thought you'd of been proud  ;D I walked into my bedroom sat on a bench at the foot of my bed and waited for it to calm down and it did! I knew if I panicked I would have made an already scary, uncomfortable situation much worse. I hope I can remain calm with possible future incidences if there be any 🤞🙄

Soooooooo you on the floor, feet up in the air 🤭.. I'm sure that is a sight to behold but not one I want to be beholden too!  :laugh: :laugh: oh twinny I'm sure you're lovely but please stay off the bathroom floor it's gotta be cold on the Irish buns 🥶  :laugh:

I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend with your girl. I know what you mean just having her with you is all that matters. I'm like that with my daughter, just love being with her no matter what we're doing. Well tomorrow is Friday so we're almost on another weekend! Do you have plans? Is it a restful one or are you taking your tiny little self out anywhere?  :D whatever you do I hope you have a lovely weekend twinny  :)

Love you lots,

LST, ❤️

Hello ladies and gents,

Hope you all had a good day. I see a lot of shower talk going on around here. I have no problem with my showers just occasionally a rough time in the tub. I tend to make my water very hot! I'm always freezing and a nice hot bath warms me up but it can also be a punishment or a price to pay rather for trying to warm my freezing bones 🥶 .. it's like the hot water sometimes sets my heart galloping🤷 ah well it is what it is I guess 😔

Love to all you benzo brained people and may your showers be forever peaceful ;D🚿🧖‍♀️🧖‍♂️🛁❤️

Hello ladies and gents,

Hope you all had a good day. I see a lot of shower talk going on around here. I have no problem with my showers just occasionally a rough time in the tub. I tend to make my water very hot! I'm always freezing and a nice hot bath warms me up but it can also be a punishment or a price to pay rather for trying to warm my freezing bones 🥶 .. it's like the hot water sometimes sets my heart galloping🤷 ah well it is what it is I guess 😔

Love to all you benzo brained people and may your showers be forever peaceful ;D🚿🧖‍♀️🧖‍♂️🛁❤️

Love you girlfriend.  I would like a peaceful shower  ;)

[b0...]