Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Troch stay where you are for a time and see if you can get a little better.This is all trial and error however you will find your way.If you read my post to Janice you will see l have been where you are and there is hope.l have to say l am not a fan of dlmt l don't care how small your cuts l believe you need to hold as there is a lag time especially with diazepam.Just my opinion.love to you.X

Morning Mia try not to panic about tolerance honey yes tolerance is a problem for some however withdrawal is worse in my opinion.Stay put until things suck less.love to you.X

Morning Final l must admit l am not grieving l do see a lot of people on here who are.l will say this l don't really have the emotional depth to grieve at this time if that makes any sense.l have lost 3 people that l loved during my taper and I have felt very little.l hope you start to feel a little better honey.love to you.X

Morning Suzy don't tell me your not perfect and have made mistakes 😋. Well let's face it l have done a lot in my life that l am not proud of and probably will in the future.I ain't perfect however l am working on myself which is all l can do at this time.l an not one of the people that bang on about life is brilliant when you get off these drugs 🤔😧. Life is what it is however you can change your way of thinking to improve your life.Take this time to help yourself.live you.X

Morning Esperanza always good to see you here you give people here hope 😳. Stay strong honey.love you.X

Morning Trish what have you been at this week?Are you feeling ok?Glad to hear you are holding honey.love you my lST X

Morning Lady Mary how's the eye? l really hope you are starting to feel a little better? You will get through this.love you my lady Mary.X

Morning Olive well done honey.l know this is never easy however you are getting there.love you.X

Morning Intend Gilly Valley Free Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu GP NJ and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hey my darling twin you're never far from my thoughts!

Haven't been up to much but trying to keep as busy as possible.. Cleaned out a closet this week, went shopping of course 😂.. uhm that's about it! I hope all is well on your end. How was the weekend with your daughter? Did you get some fun in? I certainly hope so twinny!

Hope you're having a good day and I'll see you here in the room😉

Love you much!

LST ❤️

Yes Mia.  This group is awesome. The people are so loving and knowledgeable.  You’ll see from my signature I held from August to Jan 2.  I was doing the typical dry cut .5/1mg every two weeks.  That finally caught up to me in August and I held.  Then I tried to do the same thing and by day 4 I got hit will hellish sxs and went back to 5 mg.  My body can’t handle that type of taper so I’m doing a daily micro taper.  I did that for three weeks and then decided I would make a small cut 0.003 two days ago.  I’m feeling “bearable” but “uncomfortable” symptoms.  So I’m gonna hold for a few more weeks to level off and see how that goes.  That may not have been a long enough hold i just did.  But I’m learning how my body is going with tapering.  It’s a learning curve for me, for sure.  I do love this group.  I read the other forums but I feel so warm and safe.

Meems you hit on a word!! "Level"! Fantastic word to use when trying to explain a hold! We hold until things" level" off!! Love that! I think that's the right word. It always gets worse before it gets better but sure enough with a long enough hold ,which length of time one holds is individual, we hold until we "level" off! Perfect word!

TT, tracking t words but that L word was " terrific" ! 😂

Normally mornings are worst, but today the afternoon is giving me a rough time too. Did manage a short walk, but my legs and feet are a mess. On top of that dizziness has returned. Makes life even harder. Ughh, it's though.

Wow, FH,  you're nearly there!  Just hold on. You will make it. :thumbsup:

Mornings are hard.  I can only walk in the afternoon. It's crazy and aggravating how up and down this journey is.  As Mary say, Damn Benzos.

I know people think I'm almost there but unfortunately Clonzapam is one if the strongest benzos out there and the dose I'm on is equivalent to about 7mgs of Valium.  So I have a ways to go. 

But thanks for the encouragement Troch, I'm determined to get there.

FH, I have to do the math but the 1 mg of Xanax I'm on I think is equivalent to 17 or 19 mgs of Valium. I'm on the mother of all benzos. 🙄☹️

Normally mornings are worst, but today the afternoon is giving me a rough time too. Did manage a short walk, but my legs and feet are a mess. On top of that dizziness has returned. Makes life even harder. Ughh, it's though.

Mornings are hard.  I can only walk in the afternoon. It's crazy and aggravating how up and down this journey is.  As Mary say, Damn Benzos.

I know people think I'm almost there but unfortunately Clonzapam is one if the strongest benzos out there and the dose I'm on is equivalent to about 7mgs of Valium.  So I have a ways to go. 

FH, I have to do the math but the 1 mg of Xanax I'm on I think is equivalent to 17 or 19 mgs of Valium. I'm on the mother of all benzos. 🙄☹️

I just used an online calculator it's equivalent to 15 mgs of Valium.. Still bad 😏😢

Morning LHSG, always makes me feel better knowing you care so much for each other and wrap your arms around all our new people.  This is one of the most supportive threads on bb. 

OK, so glad you were on holiday  :D. A 3 mile hike is damn good, impressive.  My hubby loves to ski, bit I am a menace on the slops, truly  :laugh: :laugh:  Love you, glad you are back and feeling pretty good.  Mary 💜💜

Hope everyone has a better day than yesterday, love you all, Mary 💜💜💜

Morning sweet Mary D,

Hope you're feeling ok girlfriend. Don't strain those peepers👀 of yours.

I never skiid once in my life just tubing 😃.. I'd pay though to see you on the slopes 😂😂

Have a good day girl, maybe I'll catch you here later!

TT, tubing Trishy 😂❤️

I just used an online calculator it's equivalent to 15 mgs of Valium.. Still bad 😏😢

You are doing it Trishy.  You are living your life and tapeing slowly but you will get there.  I'm just trying to inch down because I'm hoping and have been told that the heavy mental symtoms can lift.  I'm hoping that's true.

Hi everyone,

Just trying to catch up. Kind of a crazy start to my morning. The cat was angry and attacking jim.. :laugh: Jim got my muffler fixed this morning and he came hinecqnd pulled a claw out of his neck. Kind of funny. I dont know why the cat gets so nuts sometimes. Anyway she is calm. I dont let her out because of the coyotes.  I think she would be better if she could go out. Then I ran out of gabapentin so like me, I thought 8 might die. We got the med and 8m ok. Just kind of spaced out.

Thanks Stut, I think I've vcd always been very hard on myself. We all make mistakes. It's part of life. Life will always have its hurts and struggles benzo or no benzo. It will just be nice to have a stable nervo6s system.  :smitten: :smitten: I hope you are feeling ok. We just keep on battling till we till we are done love you Suzy

Fh, that was a great meditation. Very calming.  Thank you!

Vali, I am not going to worry about the Antidepressant for know you are right, I might actually need it after this

Hope everyone is ok. Sending lots of love

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Troch stay where you are for a time and see if you can get a little better.This is all trial and error however you will find your way.If you read my post to Janice you will see l have been where you are and there is hope.l have to say l am not a fan of dlmt l don't care how small your cuts l believe you need to hold as there is a lag time especially with diazepam.Just my opinion.love to you.X

Morning Mia try not to panic about tolerance honey yes tolerance is a problem for some however withdrawal is worse in my opinion.Stay put until things suck less.love to you.X

Morning Final l must admit l am not grieving l do see a lot of people on here who are.l will say this l don't really have the emotional depth to grieve at this time if that makes any sense.l have lost 3 people that l loved during my taper and I have felt very little.l hope you start to feel a little better honey.love to you.X

Morning Suzy don't tell me your not perfect and have made mistakes 😋. Well let's face it l have done a lot in my life that l am not proud of and probably will in the future.I ain't perfect however l am working on myself which is all l can do at this time.l an not one of the people that bang on about life is brilliant when you get off these drugs 🤔😧. Life is what it is however you can change your way of thinking to improve your life.Take this time to help yourself.live you.X

Morning Esperanza always good to see you here you give people here hope 😳. Stay strong honey.love you.X

Morning Trish what have you been at this week?Are you feeling ok?Glad to hear you are holding honey.love you my lST X

Morning Lady Mary how's the eye? l really hope you are starting to feel a little better? You will get through this.love you my lady Mary.X

Morning Olive well done honey.l know this is never easy however you are getting there.love you.X

Morning Intend Gilly Valley Free Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu GP NJ and everyone here sending you my love.X

It makes sense what you say Stut.  I think it takes a lot of emotional reserve to get through this.  I too have lost 2 people I loved during this ane could not attend their services.  I just couldn't go there emotionally. 

I hope things are tolerable for you and that your daughter, sister and aunty are all right.

Yes Mia.  This group is awesome. The people are so loving and knowledgeable.  You’ll see from my signature I held from August to Jan 2.  I was doing the typical dry cut .5/1mg every two weeks.  That finally caught up to me in August and I held.  Then I tried to do the same thing and by day 4 I got hit will hellish sxs and went back to 5 mg.  My body can’t handle that type of taper so I’m doing a daily micro taper.  I did that for three weeks and then decided I would make a small cut 0.003 two days ago.  I’m feeling “bearable” but “uncomfortable” symptoms.  So I’m gonna hold for a few more weeks to level off and see how that goes.  That may not have been a long enough hold i just did.  But I’m learning how my body is going with tapering.  It’s a learning curve for me, for sure.  I do love this group.  I read the other forums but I feel so warm and safe.

Meems you hit on a word!! "Level"! Fantastic word to use when trying to explain a hold! We hold until things" level" off!! Love that! I think that's the right word. It always gets worse before it gets better but sure enough with a long enough hold ,which length of time one holds is individual, we hold until we "level" off! Perfect word!

TT, tracking t words but that L word was " terrific" ! 😂

Oh quit showing off Too Many T's  :D

Hi m!

Are the sads gone?  :-[

Mostly, my left eye is still a mess and that worries me because I have to drive Tim Friday  :(. I keep hoping it will go away before then. 

How are you DD? 

Oh no! I hate the eye sx so much. You can't get comfortable. I hope it settles down soon. I am ok. Just feeling anxious for no reason. Can't relax. I hope this isn't the real me. I think this is my wort sx because that is my underlying condition. Waaa. 🤪

Oh no! I hate the eye sx so much. You can't get comfortable. I hope it settles down soon. I am ok. Just feeling anxious for no reason. Can't relax. I hope this isn't the real me. I think this is my wort sx because that is my underlying condition. Waaa. 🤪

Anxiety was mine too, wow how I wish I had learned another way to deal with it or I was told it is only for short term.  Waaawaaa  :D

Aww you guys, children's books 🤔.. maybe someday or maybe I could write a non fiction book titled trishys terrible anxiety reared its ugly head today 🤬.. I was taking a bath and then when I went to get out my heart started to race and pound for good reason! :tickedoff: :tickedoff:.. it scared me silly. It's happened before but I haven't really felt it in a long while accept for occasional skipped beats everyday. I know it's anxiety. I told my husband today that I felt like I was feeling slightly anxious the past few days. Winter does it too me everytime! Once January rolls around this happens. I could set my watch to it, every damn Year :tickedoff: :tickedoff: I need to keep busy during the winter and right now there isn't much to occupy me or my mind. This is why I like the busyness of the holidays no time to think or ponder on anything unpleasant .. oh rats, rats, rats :tickedoff:

TT in turmoil 🤬

Aww you guys, children's books 🤔.. maybe someday or maybe I could write a non fiction book titled trishys terrible anxiety reared its ugly head today 🤬.. I was taking a bath and then when I went to get out my heart started to race and pound for good reason! :tickedoff: :tickedoff:.. it scared me silly. It's happened before but I haven't really felt it in a long while accept for occasional skipped beats everyday. I know it's anxiety. I told my husband today that I felt like I was feeling slightly anxious the past few days. Winter does it too me everytime! Once January rolls around this happens. I could set my watch to it, every damn Year :tickedoff: :tickedoff: I need to keep busy during the winter and right now there isn't much to occupy me or my mind. This is why I like the busyness of the holidays no time to think or ponder on anything unpleasant .. oh rats, rats, rats :tickedoff:

TT in turmoil 🤬

I take showers and I always get trembly and anxious, I wonder why? 

Can you volunteer at a library or food bank ?  Keep your hours low but give you something to do.  Just a thought.  We can't have TT in turmoil,  LY, Many M's.  :smitten: :smitten:

I get anxious in the  shower and when walk around. It like everything is overstimulating and revs up the  anxiety. Shaky too. I think it's one of those weird benzos, you can't figure out. I try to and it makes me crazy. I guess it's just the body balancing itself.

Worst night so far: hardly slept, heart racing ( or so it felt), muscles tight, pain, nausea, extreme anxiety. Called the emergency doctor. He came at 5 am. Checked heart, lungs, blood pressure,  oxygen. Everything OK. Still shaking like a leave, so tired, I can't take this anymore. Seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow. Want extra meds to get rid of this fear. I know you all say no to that. But something 's got to give. I' m exhausted mentally and physically.

Worst night so far: hardly slept, heart racing ( or so it felt), muscles tight, pain, nausea, extreme anxiety. Called the emergency doctor. He came at 5 am. Checked heart, lungs, blood pressure,  oxygen. Everything OK. Still shaking like a leave, so tired, I can't take this anymore. Seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow. Want extra meds to get rid of this fear. I know you all say no to that. But something 's got to give. I' m exhausted mentally and physically.

Morning Troch you do what is best for you honey.No one here should be telling you what to do.l know there definitely is an anti medication stance on this forum however l will not be adding my voice to that.Everyone must do what is best for them.l know you are alone with this honey so please look after yourself as best you can.Rest today and don't push yourself too hard.love to you.X

[b0...]