Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I’m holding at the moment and have been for about 4 weeks that’s why I’m getting worried

4 weeks is a short hold and it's very common to feel worse before better.  A real Hold begins around 3 months and can need to be longer than that.  You are having withdrawal symptoms.  Hoping they ease soon.  :)

I know what u mean everything went to hell when I did a huge cut in June then instead of holding I was making small reductions 🤦🏻‍♀️ And now holding ty for the support I truly need it Facebook is so scary :(

It'll be ok Mia, hang around with us we'll all help you. There's very good, nice people here who totally understand what you're going through.

Trish

I know what u mean everything went to hell when I did a huge cut in June then instead of holding I was making small reductions 🤦🏻‍♀️ And now holding ty for the support I truly need it Facebook is so scary :(

It'll be ok Mia, hang around with us we'll all help you. There's very good, nice people here who totally understand what you're going through.

Trish

And yes, Trishy is right.  This is a good group and everyone will try to support you when you need it.

:D

Mia,

Mary is right it's all wd what you're feeling and not tolerance. You just stay put and no cutting for awhile. You might still even get a little worse but don't let that scare you or dishearten you. You will get over the hump and then start to ever so gradually feel better.. Little by little you will notice that you're turning a corner BUT please don't cut. Give it at least another 2 months before cutting again. There is no set time to cut, you can hold for as long as you need too if your Dr is ok with you leading your taper.

Trish

Jump in anytime Mia, sometimes we are just chatting, when you hold for awhile,  you tend to become friends because we are on here together and know each other pretty well  :smitten:

Yes Mia.  This group is awesome. The people are so loving and knowledgeable.  You’ll see from my signature I held from August to Jan 2.  I was doing the typical dry cut .5/1mg every two weeks.  That finally caught up to me in August and I held.  Then I tried to do the same thing and by day 4 I got hit will hellish sxs and went back to 5 mg.  My body can’t handle that type of taper so I’m doing a daily micro taper.  I did that for three weeks and then decided I would make a small cut 0.003 two days ago.  I’m feeling “bearable” but “uncomfortable” symptoms.  So I’m gonna hold for a few more weeks to level off and see how that goes.  That may not have been a long enough hold i just did.  But I’m learning how my body is going with tapering.  It’s a learning curve for me, for sure.  I do love this group.  I read the other forums but I feel so warm and safe. 

........... I held from August to Jan 2.  I was doing the typical dry cut .5/1mg every two weeks.  That finally caught up to me in August and I held.  Then I tried to do the same thing and by day 4 I got hit will hellish sxs and went back to 5 mg.  My body can’t handle that type of taper so I’m doing a daily micro taper.  I did that for three weeks and then decided I would make a small cut 0.003 two days ago.  I’m feeling “bearable” but “uncomfortable” symptoms.  So I’m gonna hold for a few more weeks to level off and see how that goes.  That may not have been a long enough hold i just did.  But I’m learning how my body is going with tapering.  It’s a learning curve for me, for sure.  I do love this group.  I read the other forums but I feel so warm and safe. 

Meems.......it's one big learning curve for all of us.  However I note you've come a long, long way.  My learning experience says that on BB, there is a collective group of wonderful tapering knowledge, which can't be found at my doctors office.

Hi loves, I have been off BB for 5 days and missed so much! I can’t possibly catch up. Saw that Uni posted... hi love, if you are still here.. i have told you this before but it took a 1.5 year hold for me to notice anything... I think my body just needed to fully catch up with the new program. I know that sounds like forever but now I’m tapering again, and doing ok. Not great, but ok. .25v every month or so.

Your journey has been so difficult, like many others here. But we do love you so much and appreciate your beautiful voice.

Love to everyone else, glad to see a couple of newbies joining in.

💗

I’m holding at the moment and have been for about 4 weeks that’s why I’m getting worried

Mia,

I held for 6 months before I got better one time and 3 months another time. 4 weeks is really not enough time to feel better.

Here is what we do here. We do a sxs based taper, meaning we cut and then hold for as long as it takes to stabilize, however long that may be. It's different for everyone but in the almost two years that I've been here, I've not met anyone who felt good after only 4 wks. Even if they did feel ok usually those cuts caught up with them months later. It happened to me, I was cutting on average every two weeks, sometimes held longer bc of a cold or other common virus,  and then 6 months later I was sick as a dog. So honestly 4 weeks is definitely not long enough, that's a short amount of time in this game.

Trish

Hi everyone, the new ones and the old ones. I couldn't catch up but I read a few posts. This is a great post Trishy. We should frame it.

I wanted to share a link to a youtube meditation that I listen to when I can handle it.  Sometimes I'm too restless and it's hard for me allow myself to listen.

But, it's a benzo mediation and I find her both practical and comforting. 

Fh, last summer when I crashed I spent all night listening to this and other videos because the terror didn't let me sleep at all. I had a Playlist with this, Baylissa, some Christian sleep meditations, neighbor Bob, ant, and a few more. It was hell but this made it a bit more bearable.

Hi everyone I have a question how do u know if ur hitting tolorence? if things are getting worse before they get better? Wouldn’t that be tolorence ? Sorry I’m new to this & very afraid the groups on Facebook are not helpful and I had to leave most of them they are triggering:(

Also I should add all the medication switches that they did on me happened in 2017 could I still be feeling those effects?

Hi mialilliana. I was on Valium for 13 years. I don't see how being more than one month on the same dose will bring about tolerance after 13 years!! This makes no sense and I agree with all the great advice my more experienced buddies have given you. I hope you feel better now that you found us  :)

You too vali,

I guess it must be something you go through when coming of these heinous meds. I think the same thing happens with antidepressants.  I was on the sa thread and I have those same feeling they do. I am still on as. I am not sure I could ever get of them. Not after this. I dont see the point in rushing either. Especially when our emotions are in a fragile place.

Hi dd. I know you're worried about the ad too, but I'd worry about the benzo, wait to stabilize and then see if you can taper the benzo and only after that I'd think about the ad. This is only my opinion. Had I known what this was going to be like, I would have tapered first the Valium and after the Lexapro, and not the other way like I did. Of course I could be wrong. I also worry about the gabapentin I'm on but tapering anything now is out of the question and no amount of worrying ever solved a problem so I shoo away those worries as best I can and try to focus on the present. I do pray and believe that we'll both be able to taper when the time comes. Look at olive kitty, gardener is a great example too.

Good morning Stutt, just in case you pop in, I'm sending you lots of love as I feel sentimental today. I so want you to stabilize and I'm so glad you're taking your time in this last stretch. You're doing the right thing and you'll get there eventually. Have a great day.

Good morning Stutt, just in case you pop in, I'm sending you lots of love as I feel sentimental today. I so want you to stabilize and I'm so glad you're taking your time in this last stretch. You're doing the right thing and you'll get there eventually. Have a great day.

Morning my lovely thank you yes l will get there and I have no doubt that you will as well.l can only reflect on my own taper under 3 mgs has been crap for me.l have for a long time wondered if getting off was even possible.l thought when l got to 2 mgs that was it l was going to be on this poison forever.Yet here l am at .5 mgs and guess what l am still thinking it 🤔😵. Hang in there my lovely this is hellish but like everything else it won't last forever.love you.X

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Troch stay where you are for a time and see if you can get a little better.This is all trial and error however you will find your way.If you read my post to Janice you will see l have been where you are and there is hope.l have to say l am not a fan of dlmt l don't care how small your cuts l believe you need to hold as there is a lag time especially with diazepam.Just my opinion.love to you.X

Morning Mia try not to panic about tolerance honey yes tolerance is a problem for some however withdrawal is worse in my opinion.Stay put until things suck less.love to you.X

Morning Final l must admit l am not grieving l do see a lot of people on here who are.l will say this l don't really have the emotional depth to grieve at this time if that makes any sense.l have lost 3 people that l loved during my taper and I have felt very little.l hope you start to feel a little better honey.love to you.X

Morning Suzy don't tell me your not perfect and have made mistakes 😋. Well let's face it l have done a lot in my life that l am not proud of and probably will in the future.I ain't perfect however l am working on myself which is all l can do at this time.l an not one of the people that bang on about life is brilliant when you get off these drugs 🤔😧. Life is what it is however you can change your way of thinking to improve your life.Take this time to help yourself.live you.X

Morning Esperanza always good to see you here you give people here hope 😳. Stay strong honey.love you.X

Morning Trish what have you been at this week?Are you feeling ok?Glad to hear you are holding honey.love you my lST X

Morning Lady Mary how's the eye? l really hope you are starting to feel a little better? You will get through this.love you my lady Mary.X

Morning Olive well done honey.l know this is never easy however you are getting there.love you.X

Morning Intend Gilly Valley Free Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu GP NJ and everyone here sending you my love.X

Morning Stut,

Yes, I read it. Made me realise we all have to go through this process. I didn't do a liquid micro taper,  but a dry cut ( shave) micro taper.

I will hold for as long as it takes to become more stable. I must say, I 'm feeling much better than yesterday. But another thing I learned over the last few months here on BB is, this happens to each and everyone of us; up one day, down the next. People on here who I thought were very stable, all have had their share of " bads, sads, downs."  Benzos at work...

Hope you have a pleasant day. X

Final healing,

I already had this video on my playlist. It's great. It's quite clear this was done by a person that has been on the same journey,  like it says below the video. Every Dr, friend, family member should have to watch it to get a better understanding of what we're going through.

Morning LHSG, always makes me feel better knowing you care so much for each other and wrap your arms around all our new people.  This is one of the most supportive threads on bb. 

OK, so glad you were on holiday  :D. A 3 mile hike is damn good, impressive.  My hubby loves to ski, bit I am a menace on the slops, truly  :laugh: :laugh:  Love you, glad you are back and feeling pretty good.  Mary 💜💜

Hope everyone has a better day than yesterday, love you all, Mary 💜💜💜

I wanted to share a link to a youtube meditation that I listen to when I can handle it.  Sometimes I'm too restless and it's hard for me allow myself to listen.

But, it's a benzo mediation and I find her both practical and comforting. 

Fh, last summer when I crashed I spent all night listening to this and other videos because the terror didn't let me sleep at all. I had a Playlist with this, Baylissa, some Christian sleep meditations, neighbor Bob, ant, and a few more. It was hell but this made it a bit more bearable.

Yes, it does make it more bearable.  I have watched a few neighbor Bob videos and listened to Michael Sealey, who is not a benzo person but is soothing. 

Sometimes I can handle them and sometimes I cant.  But am fools to try to do more to calm my mind down.

Final healing,

I already had this video on my playlist. It's great. It's quite clear this was done by a person that has been on the same journey,  like it says below the video. Every Dr, friend, family member should have to watch it to get a better understanding of what we're going through.

Yes. It's a good one and I wish non benzo people would listen.

I'm glad you are feeling better today.  I'm emotionally rocky today and even though I know its from my most recent cut, it still is diacouraging.  I'm shaving down like you are because my last experience with a compunding liquid was not good.  I question my method all the time but it has gotten me this far. 

Normally mornings are worst, but today the afternoon is giving me a rough time too. Did manage a short walk, but my legs and feet are a mess. On top of that dizziness has returned. Makes life even harder. Ughh, it's though.

Wow, FH,  you're nearly there!  Just hold on. You will make it. :thumbsup:

Normally mornings are worst, but today the afternoon is giving me a rough time too. Did manage a short walk, but my legs and feet are a mess. On top of that dizziness has returned. Makes life even harder. Ughh, it's though.

Wow, FH,  you're nearly there!  Just hold on. You will make it. :thumbsup:

Mornings are hard.  I can only walk in the afternoon. It's crazy and aggravating how up and down this journey is.  As Mary say, Damn Benzos.

I know people think I'm almost there but unfortunately Clonzapam is one if the strongest benzos out there and the dose I'm on is equivalent to about 7mgs of Valium.  So I have a ways to go. 

But thanks for the encouragement Troch, I'm determined to get there. 

[6c...]