Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Wow DD the US is exciting. It's like living in the wild west! I hope the situation resolves soon. Do you know this neighbor? I guess it's good that we don't have guns here because half my neighbors are crazy so we'd be shooting each other on a daily basis. Really they're all crazy in this building.

Vali, I hate it, I live in a big city and every morning on our local news, not counting national, it's shootings, car jacking, knifing.  We have so many shootings and our government won't do anything about the guns, it's awful.  I am embarrassed to live here and don't understand how all these people can care so little about others lives.  I would move to Canada when Tim retires but he has such a big family, he will never go.  :( :(

Now we have that damn Corona virus from China here in the US besides all that other bad stuff 😳

Trishy, my feet are killing me too. It starts as soon as I get up, they hurt within minutes. Feels like having lots of sharp gravel in my shoes. They're burning, stinging, tingling, feels like the arches have given in. Walking has become almost impossible. Can't stand  for more than a few minutes. They feel hot and cold at the same time. Have to undo my shoes laces as soon as I sit down. Driving me nuts. Started in April of last year as like walking on moss. Then changed to walking barefoot on sharp concrete. Now it's really painful all the time.

Don't know what to do. Withdrawal or something else?

Omg Troch it's awful! I've had it for months now and I just keep ignoring it. I am so tired of Drs. I went through so many tests last year it was ridiculous! It was nothing but tests and Dr appts. So I'm just living with the pain 🙄

That's me too , Too Many, all the tests and everything is basically okay but we don't feel any better, I just quit the test thing.  And it actually eased some of the anxiety  ;).  LY TooMany. 💜💜💜💜

Hey mmmmm's! I posted and then I wandered away to play a game on my phone lol! I'm addicted to wordscapes 😂

Yes, no more damn tests accept annual ones like mamo that's it! 😤

TTT, tripling her trailing ttttttttttttt's 🙃❤️

I'm with ya ;);D:laugh:    ttttttttttoomany t's

Wow DD the US is exciting. It's like living in the wild west! I hope the situation resolves soon. Do you know this neighbor? I guess it's good that we don't have guns here because half my neighbors are crazy so we'd be shooting each other on a daily basis. Really they're all crazy in this building.

Vali, I hate it, I live in a big city and every morning on our local news, not counting national, it's shootings, car jacking, knifing.  We have so many shootings and our government won't do anything about the guns, it's awful.  I am embarrassed to live here and don't understand how all these people can care so little about others lives.  I would move to Canada when Tim retires but he has such a big family, he will never go.  :( :(

Mary, I'm sorry there's such a problem with shootings there. But every system has its problems. I wish I had a gun tbh. Here, in this country that I'm no longer naming as I don't want to be found by my acquaintances, we can't have guns, and we can't defend ourselves. If someone comes to my house and beats me and rapes me, and I kill him with a knife to defend myself, I will go to prison for murder, because the weapon I'm using is not in proportion with what he used (his hands). Or if he has a knife and is threatening me after breaking into my house and I stab him, I still go to prison because you see, the guy was only threatening me, he didn't stab me so I have no right to stab him. Even if I was protecting my daughter. It's CRAZY. People are sick of all this guarantee for criminals and none for victims. So I don't think that everyone having guns is good but this system we have here is outrageous. I don't know if Canada is better. In your country, if someone gets into your property you can just shoot him, period. That's the way things should be. Here you have to say "please Mr. Criminal don't rape us and kill us, just take all that you want and don't hurt yourself on the way out or else we could still get sued for hurting you Mr. Criminal, who only steals because you need love and understanding". That's it here. Canada sounds great. No unemployment and the president is a real hottie 😏

Dehytq how are you? Has the man been detained already? Can you get out of the house safely? I hope so and that you can go out for a nice walk today. I'm going for a walk now. Alone. My daughter didn't want to come. Oh lord, we're entering that age. I'll tell baldy that I'm going to be more available 🤣

Hi v,

They did get the guyl. Can you believe that. It's like a movie. I am going to have to see if there is anymore info about what happened and what was wrong with this guy. It's like ppl at snapping and going crazy. It is so scary. I wouldn't mind having a gun but I'm afraid I'd shoot myself by accident. I get so nervous around them. Jim's knows all about gun safety he group up with a father who collects them. They were are a inactive they dont work. He does have some that you can use but he knows what he is doing. When we go to NH to visit his parents the guys shoot targets into the woods. Scared the crap out of me. I always fear someone will get hurt. I shot it one sne the gun came back and clipped my eye. Ouch. It was scary but I did it. Anyway, I am ok. Just wondering if this thyroid med is too much. My values are good. I feel like in sensitive to them. Maybe the fillers. KI feel not quite right. Dont give up on baldy. Maybe he is shy. Lol. Have a nice walk. Be careful in the forest. Ly dd

Hi v,

They did get the guyl. Can you believe that. It's like a movie. I am going to have to see if there is anymore info about what happened and what was wrong with this guy. It's like ppl at snapping and going crazy. It is so scary. I wouldn't mind having a gun but I'm afraid I'd shoot myself by accident. I get so nervous around them. Jim's knows all about gun safety he group up with a father who collects them. They were are a inactive they dont work. He does have some that you can use but he knows what he is doing. When we go to NH to visit his parents the guys shoot targets into the woods. Scared the crap out of me. I always fear someone will get hurt. I shot it one sne the gun came back and clipped my eye. Ouch. It was scary but I did it. Anyway, I am ok. Just wondering if this thyroid med is too much. My values are good. I feel like in sensitive to them. Maybe the fillers. KI feel not quite right. Dont give up on baldy. Maybe he is shy. Lol. Have a nice walk. Be careful in the forest. Ly dd

DD so your thyroid levels came back optimal with this dose of 50 mcg levo? Many people don't feel well on levo. I felt like crap on it for a year but I was tapering lexapro already so I didn't want to come off and have even more problems. Now I'm used to the levo and if I EVER get rid of the damn benzo I'll consider replacing the levo with something else. My point is: it took me about a year for my body to get used to the levo, even if my levels were good on it. It's synthetic after all.

Mary, I'm sorry there's such a problem with shootings there. But every system has its problems. I wish I had a gun tbh. Here, in this country that I'm no longer naming as I don't want to be found by my acquaintances, we can't have guns, and we can't defend ourselves. If someone comes to my house and beats me and rapes me, and I kill him with a knife to defend myself, I will go to prison for murder, because the weapon I'm using is not in proportion with what he used (his hands). Or if he has a knife and is threatening me after breaking into my house and I stab him, I still go to prison because you see, the guy was only threatening me, he didn't stab me so I have no right to stab him. Even if I was protecting my daughter. It's CRAZY. People are sick of all this guarantee for criminals and none for victims. So I don't think that everyone having guns is good but this system we have here is outrageous. I don't know if Canada is better. In your country, if someone gets into your property you can just shoot him, period. That's the way things should be. Here you have to say "please Mr. Criminal don't rape us and kill us, just take all that you want and don't hurt yourself on the way out or else we could still get sued for hurting you Mr. Criminal, who only steals because you need love and understanding". That's it here. Canada sounds great. No unemployment and the president is a real hottie 😏

I know every place has its problems Vali, in 2018, almost 40,000 gun deaths in US, while there was like 50 in the U.K., which doesn't allow guns.  Tim and I agreed when we got married, we didn't want a gun in the house.  I do have this thing Tim bought me, I can't remember the name of it, I keep to defend myself.  I get it out when he travels.  Our children are taught what to do if a shooter shows up in their school.  I just hate it.  And yes , the Canadian President is a hottie.  If you want to know the name of that thing I have, I will ask Tim.  I feel like I have a chance with it anyway.    :)

V, yes my thyroid went all the 2ay down from 3 from 6. Iwas considering lowering it. I'm so confused. I'm afraid to because maybe I will adjust. But then I feel its effects making me ruminate more and worry more. I is complicated because it could be the benzo levo or the other meds. I'm starting to feel like I'm never going to balance. Maybe I really am crazy. I never was like this before. I was a worrier  but not like this. It has to be the benzo side effects making the anxiety worse the longer I took it. I just thought it was me. Ugh. Who knows.

V, yes my thyroid went all the 2ay down from 3 from 6. Iwas considering lowering it. I'm so confused. I'm afraid to because maybe I will adjust. But then I feel its effects making me ruminate more and worry more. I is complicated because it could be the benzo levo or the other meds. I'm starting to feel like I'm never going to balance. Maybe I really am crazy. I never was like this before. I was a worrier  but not like this. It has to be the benzo side effects making the anxiety worse the longer I took it. I just thought it was me. Ugh. Who knows.

DD could you post your results in the hormone group and ask them if these are normal levels? Also, there are very very knowledgeable FB groups on this. I'm in them but I really can't bother learning a lot about this because I have enough with being my own psychiatrist, I can't also become my own endocrinologyst. I don't have time. See if your level is not only good but "optimal". That's what they taught me. I'm off to another walk as Sundays I have time.

Good morning from CA.  Hope you are all having a good day.  Yesterday I went to my Aunts memorial.  I have a huge family full of cousins.  I did ok.  Did have anxiety and some akathisia.  But I think I did.  One of the things I worry about being around family is my eyes.  Benzo changes the way you look especially your eyes.  Glassy, slow eyelid movement, looking slow.  As I have gone down in MG it’s better than before but find that I don’t like to make eye contact to long with extended family.  It’s probably not as bad as I think but it’s such an insecure feeling I have.  Tapering I feel does show and I don’t feel like I clear eyed as I did before Benzo.  It’s a truth that when we come into contact with extended family we haven’t seen that we do comment on each other and Aunts and Unclea about “so and so looks good or bad or etc...”.  I really hate this.  Does it go away when we are off the drug and get through the tapering?

LY,

Meems

Good morning from CA.  Hope you are all having a good day.  Yesterday I went to my Aunts memorial.  I have a huge family full of cousins.  I did ok.  Did have anxiety and some akathisia.  But I think I did.  One of the things I worry about being around family is my eyes.  Benzo changes the way you look especially your eyes.  Glassy, slow eyelid movement, looking slow.  As I have gone down in MG it’s better than before but find that I don’t like to make eye contact to long with extended family.  It’s probably not as bad as I think but it’s such an insecure feeling I have.  Tapering I feel does show and I don’t feel like I clear eyed as I did before Benzo.  It’s a truth that when we come into contact with extended family we haven’t seen that we do comment on each other and Aunts and Unclea about “so and so looks good or bad or etc...”.  I really hate this.  Does it go away when we are off the drug and get through the tapering?

LY,

Meems

Hey Meems, I bet you did fine and no one noticed anything.  I have a weak let eye, that I swear it feels twice as big as the eye socket, but when I look in the mirror, it looks perfectly normal  :idiot:

And remember, people all have so many things on their minds, they really aren't paying as close attention are we think.  I think it will go away and hopefully quickly.  Good for you for going, that took a lot out of you, I'm sure.  LY Mary 💜

Popped in to say “hi” and found out DD had been involved in what has become America’s favorite pastimes: surviving active shooter in the neighborhood! What a world we have become! Just wanted to say, as another thyroid patient, that 1 is thought to be the optimal level, in terms of feeling good. I think at over 3, they now consider it hypo. For what that is worth. How are you, Stut. I know you suffer in silence, as much as I do out loud. You are very right, Trishy, tapering is withdrawal and it starts to suck pretty fast. And Stut is right about stability. Some of us can achieve more than others. I wasn’t totally stable after slowing down, but I was able to make it much much better than if I had rushed. Mary is a mountain mama like me, so I am guessing her weapon of choice is a big ole heavy cast iron skillet. The one she uses for the cornbread. Love, Espy

Hi espy,

I still cant believe it. Its crazy! What a workd we live in.  I especially worry about kids in school.  It is say to think they cant even be safe there. It makes me sick that a petson could do amything to hurt children. I dont know why ppl are going of the deep end. Its pretty scary. My tsh is something like 3 now from  ish. I just feel like im sensitive to the med.  When i changed generics k i felt it bad. Now i feel sx with everything foid and drunk wise. I jope it goes away. I cant live like this forever.  Yo7 sound really good! So happy you have made ot thru the worst.

I know every place has its problems Vali, in 2018, almost 40,000 gun deaths in US, while there was like 50 in the U.K., which doesn't allow guns.  Tim and I agreed when we got married, we didn't want a gun in the house.  I do have this thing Tim bought me, I can't remember the name of it, I keep to defend myself.  I get it out when he travels.  Our children are taught what to do if a shooter shows up in their school.  I just hate it.  And yes , the Canadian President is a hottie.  If you want to know the name of that thing I have, I will ask Tim.  I feel like I have a chance with it anyway.    :)

Mary I missed this post. Yes I know, it's horrible. But we don't know how many deaths, rapings, etc could have been stopped in any European countries if we could have a gun for self defense. Anyway the school issue alone is enough in itself to ban weapons altogether. There's a political party here, extreme right, that proposes to change the law and allow people to have a gun only at home, for self defense. I don't think they'll ever win because they are very very extreme like going 50 years into the past and most people don't support that. And I won't say more because it would turn into a political post. I hope you guys are safe with the gun problem. I understand it must be very scary.

Espy!  My hillbilly cousin  :D. The thing I have to defend myself is a collapsible baton.  If I managed to hit someone with it, it would really hurt and always having dogs, they would at least wake me up.

You do sound good, that makes me so happy.  I have what I think is an ocular migraine, not my usual type, a withdrawal type.  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:  I was just beginning to think I was headed for a window, and this week has been mostly sucky.  Very disappointing  :(.  It's so gorgeous out today and all I can do is sit here and pick on Tim cause I am in a bad mood  :). I should be ashamed but right now just can't be.  He just ignores me, smart man, lol.  Love ya Cousin, Mary 💜💜💜

Espy you sound so much happier. You give us all hope. A frying pan would be my weapon of choice too. I think it's also illegal in my country though 😭😂

Where do you live, V? A good ole heavy skill ought to be legal everywhere, IMO! Trishy and I have that in our campaign platform. Do I sound good? I don’t think “good” is the word, maybe “better” is more like it. I still have enough left to be in a similar mood to my Cousin Mary today. But, I am hopeful to think the worst is over. I have little doubt that I would not be in a world of hurt, had I not tapered. Tapering can feel so unrewarding, especially for those who still have significant sxs, but it pays off on the other side. Love, Espy

Espy I'm no longer writing the country for anonimity reasons but I've checked the country's weapon regulations and frying pans aren't listed as illegal yet. Thrilled by this discovery, I've put two in my car and I feel much safer now.

I'm so glad you're improving finally after all these months!!! We need this here. People who made it.

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Esperanza always good to see our president 😜.I am ok much the same as usual.You did not complain my love you were scared and l think we all can relate to that.l knew you were stronger than you thought and you have proved it.l am proud of you.You give everyone hope and that is the best gift you can give.How is your son in law?l hope he is doing better.love you my hillbilly friend.X

Morning Lady Mary l think allowing anyone to have a gun is madness.l personally wouldn't trust anyone with a loaded gun.l imagine it will not change because of the monetary aspect no matter how many die.l would not want to live there.l certainly wouldn't want my child to go to schools there.Absolute madness.l hope your headache has eased my love.That's the last thing you need.Leave my friend Tim alone 😡.He is far too nice.Love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Janice are you planning on frying up some food when you are out and about 🤔😁. l hope you have a better day honey.l think you could get away with killing an intruder just claim insanity you'll be grand.love you.X

. Morning Suzy not a pleasant situation to get caught up in 😕.l am glad no one was killed.l think there really is no safe area it can happen anywhere.l think honey it will take time to adjust to the med.Just see if it settles down. I know these drugs do have nasty side effects.love you.X

Morning Meems l would imagine your eyes looked normal enough.l don't think people notice much.Stay strong honey.love to you.X

Morning Twiny what are you up to this week?l have to say the number of tests people seem to get are extreme.They seem to spend most of their time at the doctors.There has to come a time when we accept these symptoms for what they are.Glad to read you are doing that.Well done twiny.love you my lST X

. Morning Troch how was your weekend?l hope it is starting to improve.love to you.X

Morning Free, Intend Gilly Valley Bill NJ Nova Miyu Final Olive and everyone here sending you my love.X

[80...]