Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Uni, I am so sorry you are suffering,  you have tried so hard.  I am doing my first hold, I crossed at 8.8 to Liquid Diazapam but had to change generics, so I took my time and now have been holding almost 2 months.  I am beginning to feel some better and plan on through February.  Holding sucks but pushing through can cause things to get even worse.  I am like you, Diazapam has never been my friend.  What Vali said is true, 3 months to a year or so.  Everyone has a different reaction.  I have a friend on here,  Trishy, who can hold for 4 or 5 months and have the best results, but others see no benefit before holding longer.  I wish I could give you more definite and better answer dear Uni.  Please take care of yourself and let us know how you are.  Love you, Mary 💜💜💜💜

Yes uni my friend Mary is right I have only benefited from long holds. I have tried to go too fast in the past only to crash. I can't emphasize enough how much long holding benefits. Almost everyone will see some improvement with a hold. I have been fortunate that I feel very good after a long hold.

Wishing you all the best of luck 🙏❤️

Help please:  it’s been 12 weeks since my updose. Last fri I thought I was on my way back. Now I think I’m heading back in acute. Can’t sleep, sheer terror and fear of not sleeping, si, despair , total muscle jerks, all week felt it was leading up to something. I’ve held a total of 5 months with updose at 3 months. I’m in complete despair. Is this tolerance? Don’t want to make same mistake twice and let new symptoms go on too long. Advice please. I believed I couldn’t hit tolerance. Do I need to updose again. Wait a few weeks and taper. Despondent

Hi mags,

It all sounds like wd sxs to me. You may have started to feel like you were turning a corner, maybe you had a small window and then it slammed shut on you. The only thing you can do is to keep holding and ride it out. On average when I hit the wall a couple times it took me 3 months to feel better and more time to feel great. Everything you're describing I've had and only holding fixed the problem. As for tolerance I think were in tolerance when we're on steady doses for years before we even begin to taper. I haven't felt anything from my Xanax in years, that is tolerance to the drug. I believe it's not tolerance when we taper it's all wd but that's just my opinion. Unfortunately not everyone benefits from an updose either, I didn't. The only thing in my opinion is to not change a thing at this point and continue to hold. You can try things to help you sleep like melatonin or possibly do a search on some of your sxs to see what others did to handle similar sxs to take the edge off. I'm so sorry you're suffering but you're in good company we all know your pain ☹️

Hope you feel better soon ❤️

Trish

Joszef, as you were tapering by cutting your pills in halves, that's such a big cut that just holding since October is not even holding. I hope you wait until you really feel better before you attempt another cut. What we see is that if people are very symptomatic and they keep cutting, they can get much worse. Realize people cut one tenth of their dose, you cut half! I wouldn't run more risks and I'd stay put until you feel better. It's a miracle that you're even able to function after those huge cuts being such a long time user.

Magnolis, I agree with everything that Trishy has said. When you're feeling so bad I wouldn't move an inch of the benzo. There's no guarantee holding will work but since you had a window, I would give the hold a good chance, by holding much longer. When we've crashed into very severe withdrawal, imagine what a shock that is to our brain. I don't see how that could resolve in three months. My benzo brain thought so but now I think it's a miracle we're even having windows. According to what we read from buddies, when you had a window you'll most likely have more. I hope you get up feeling a bit better today 💐🏞️

Trishy, my feet are killing me too. It starts as soon as I get up, they hurt within minutes. Feels like having lots of sharp gravel in my shoes. They're burning, stinging, tingling, feels like the arches have given in. Walking has become almost impossible. Can't stand  for more than a few minutes. They feel hot and cold at the same time. Have to undo my shoes laces as soon as I sit down. Driving me nuts. Started in April of last year as like walking on moss. Then changed to walking barefoot on sharp concrete. Now it's really painful all the time.

Don't know what to do. Withdrawal or something else?

Morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Uni l am sorry to see you here l was hoping you were feeling ok.How we know a long hold works?The only way to know is by doing one.Sadly it isn't as easy as everyone thinks because you can feel much worse when holding and improvements can be very subtle.l have to say l will never lie to anyone regarding my hold l didn't get the profound effect that Trish did l didn't feel great l just got to a position where it sucked less so l could move forward.If l had held longer perhaps l would have improved more who knows.We all have different histories etc so we take what we get.l will say this you will feel better than you do now.l will also say if you are going to hold commit to it and keep a record of your symptoms.let us know what you decide to do.love you.X

. Morning Mags please don't panic this is absolutely normal.You are in a wave and to be honest with you l yo yo constantly.What l have noticed is the longer you hold the shorter the wave.Holding is hard honey and l can't promise you you will feel asymptomatic however hopefully you will get to a place where you feel able to move forward with your taper.love to you.X

Morning Troch l have no idea if you are suffering withdrawal or not.l would at a guess say it is.l have saw a lot of people on here with nerve, muscle and joint pain due to withdrawal.l myself have all three and l know it is due to withdrawal.l think it is good that you are ruling everything out however there will come a time when you must accept this as part of withdrawal.l really hope your day improves.love to you.X

Morning Janice yes I will have a grand weekend.No plans for it so hopefully will have a quiet one.No my daughter was in recovery when l began my taper.She had a few blips at the beginning of my taper however thankfully she got through them very quickly.l could not have tapered and looked after her.l was on suicide watch 24 hours a day.l would probably have joined her if l had been tapering.l really think you are doing what is best for you and your daughter and that is all you can do for now.Enjoy your weekend honey.love you.X

Morning Trish you didn't say what colour of Zimmer frame?l am going to order one soon 😉.l have had the old rls it is fun 😵. Thankfully it eases off.Try to have a good weekend my lovely.love you my lST X

.. Morning Suzy how are you honey?l really hope you continue to hold.l know this is crap but you will get through this.love you.X

. Morning GP sorry you are suffering.Do not cut anymore honey.Stay put till everything settles down.love you.X

. Morning Lady Mary l hope you are starting to feel better?l hope so.Keep holding my love.l think you will feel better for it.Will speak to you next week.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Final l am glad you are still doing some sessions.That is a great achievement.l really hope you feel better as time passes.Keep on keeping on.love to you.X

Morning Intend Gilly Valley Free Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu Bill and everyone here hoping everyone has a withdrawal free weekend.X

Morning Stut,

Sorry to hear you're having all those pains too. Wow, I didn't expect that. You always sound so cheerful and optimistic. But of course there had to be a reason for your really long hold. Yes, I ' m starting to run out of things to be tested. If every test comes back fine, it has to be withdrawal or Fibromyalgia,  or both. Not a great combination. Seeing a physical therapist next week, did some research on eccentrical exercises the ortho Dr. prescribed. Looks like it's triggerpoints in the outside leg muscle. So will talk about dry needling therapy.

Hope your weekend is fine.  :thumbsup:

Thank you Troch l do try.l have to say people just assume l am ok because l don't really talk about withdrawal symptoms that is just me.l have had a difficult taper however it ain't gonna kill me so l try not to let it get on top of me.I think we all have our own ways of dealing with this.l believe the PT will help and dry needling should also give you some relief.Keep strong my love.Enjoy your weekend the best you can.X

Stutt thanks for showing up and encouraging us all. We need it!!

I'm so glad your daughter got out of that situation which must have brought you both indescribable suffering. I'm so happy to see she's healthy and grown and that you can enjoy life together and that you're so close to the end of this Stutt.

Hi Stut, I am hanging in there.  This is crap. I wanted to walk and there was an alert of a person barricaded  in a house down the stteet. So i guesd we cant go out. He or she has a gun. I hope noone gets hurt. So stuck.in the house. Hope you are doing better. It sounds like you have alot of sx too. I am so sorry. This is

A scary place to be. But its temporary. Way too long a process with so many unknowns. I think we all do well handling this and will come out better on the other side. Love you Suzy

Hi Stut, I am hanging in there.  This is crap. I wanted to walk and there was an alert of a person barricaded  in a house down the stteet. So i guesd we cant go out. He or she has a gun. I hope noone gets hurt. So stuck.in the house. Hope you are doing better. It sounds like you have alot of sx too. I am so sorry. This is

A scary place to be. But its temporary. Way too long a process with so many unknowns. I think we all do well handling this and will come out better on the other side. Love you Suzy

Damn DD, you stay in and be careful, what a scary situation.  Love you girlfriend, MM 💜💜💜

I know mm. Its usually ptetty quiet in this area. I will stay in snd stay away from windows. Jeez. Hope the sads are gone. I have some sads to. Waaa. I want this to end. Ly dd

Wow DD the US is exciting. It's like living in the wild west! I hope the situation resolves soon. Do you know this neighbor? I guess it's good that we don't have guns here because half my neighbors are crazy so we'd be shooting each other on a daily basis. Really they're all crazy in this building.

I know mm. Its usually ptetty quiet in this area. I will stay in snd stay away from windows. Jeez. Hope the sads are gone. I have some sads to. Waaa. I want this to end. Ly dd

My sads are slowly going away.  Walked with Tim and Sly, ran a few errands.  But my left eye feels HUGE and is hurting some.  Damn benzo's.  Love you DD, hope you know that  :D💜💜

Wow DD the US is exciting. It's like living in the wild west! I hope the situation resolves soon. Do you know this neighbor? I guess it's good that we don't have guns here because half my neighbors are crazy so we'd be shooting each other on a daily basis. Really they're all crazy in this building.

Vali, I hate it, I live in a big city and every morning on our local news, not counting national, it's shootings, car jacking, knifing.  We have so many shootings and our government won't do anything about the guns, it's awful.  I am embarrassed to live here and don't understand how all these people can care so little about others lives.  I would move to Canada when Tim retires but he has such a big family, he will never go.  :( :(

Trishy, my feet are killing me too. It starts as soon as I get up, they hurt within minutes. Feels like having lots of sharp gravel in my shoes. They're burning, stinging, tingling, feels like the arches have given in. Walking has become almost impossible. Can't stand  for more than a few minutes. They feel hot and cold at the same time. Have to undo my shoes laces as soon as I sit down. Driving me nuts. Started in April of last year as like walking on moss. Then changed to walking barefoot on sharp concrete. Now it's really painful all the time.

Omg Troch it's awful! I've had it for months now and I just keep ignoring it. I am so tired of Drs. I went through so many tests last year it was ridiculous! It was nothing but tests and Dr appts. So I'm just living with the pain 🙄

Omg Troch it's awful! I've had it for months now and I just keep ignoring it. I am so tired of Drs. I went through so many tests last year it was ridiculous! It was nothing but tests and Dr appts. So I'm just living with the pain 🙄

That's me too , Too Many, all the tests and everything is basically okay but we don't feel any better, I just quit the test thing.  And it actually eased some of the anxiety  ;).  LY TooMany. 💜💜💜💜

Hey everyone!

I fell asleep again. Seeing as if I go out I could be shot. That was crazy. The swat team was there. The negotiation team finally got him to surrender after three hours! That's a nice area too. Goes to show it can happen anywere!! There were two other people in the apt. They got out safely. It is sad that there are so many ppl getting hurt. I really think there needs to be better screening for ppl getting guns.. so many unstable ppl. It is like the wild west v! I wonder what is wrong with the person. I know he is in custody that's all I know. Love you guys!

Hoping all our brains and muscles heal up soon!  8)

Hey everyone!

I fell asleep again. Seeing as if I go out I could be shot. That was crazy. The swat team was there. The negotiation team finally got him to surrender after three hours! That's a nice area too. Goes to show it can happen anywere!! There were two other people in the apt. They got out safely. It is sad that there are so many ppl getting hurt. I really think there needs to be better screening for ppl getting guns.. so many unstable ppl. It is like the wild west v! I wonder what is wrong with the person. I know he is in custody that's all I know. Love you guys!

Hoping all our brains and muscles heal up soon!  8)

Glad to know it's over DD, damn.  :smitten: :smitten:

That's me too , Too Many, all the tests and everything is basically okay but we don't feel any better, I just quit the test thing.  And it actually eased some of the anxiety  ;).  LY TooMany. 💜💜💜💜

Hey mmmmm's! I posted and then I wandered away to play a game on my phone lol! I'm addicted to wordscapes 😂

Yes, no more damn tests accept annual ones like mamo that's it! 😤

TTT, tripling her trailing ttttttttttttt's 🙃❤️

[98...]