Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi all,

Got the Lyme's test results: no active Lyme's, so no treatment.  Though some of my symptoms could come from Lyme's,  they said. But anyway,  no antibiotics.

The tests included running a test on the heart: turns out there's an issue with my heart: Brachycardia. I read about it a while back, as being a possible wd symptom. Googled it: it is a side effect of Diazepam!  Valium slows everything in your body down, it said. My heart does 60 bpm, which I thought was perfect, but could now be a bit slow. Tests will follow. Many people on Diazepam might have it, without knowing. Crazy, right?

This Thursday I 'm seeing a ortho Dr. about the pain in my leg and hip.

Tomorrow it's back to the psychologist ' s again. So no time to get bored. But more stress. I hate it.

My day is getting better as usual,  now that the afternoon is here. It's sunny and mild,  might take that walk after all.

Hope you're feeling OK.

Hi Troch I've been bradycardic for years. I'm sure my Xanax has something to do with it, my cardiologist and I've seen more than one through the years are not concerned about it. I use to fluctuate between bradycardia/ tachycardia. I do take a low dose beta blocker called atenelol for years. I just try not to think about it bc I have driven myself crazy over that while in wd. My Drs are not concerned and tell me my heart is strong. I have an ejection fraction of 75 to 80% which is very good. I've been told I have the heart of am athlete. Two years ago I had a colonoscopy and the anesthesiologist who monitors your heart while under also told me that as well. So try not to worry to much about that. If you get dizzy and light headed like you're going to pass out then tell the Dr but if you are not symtomatic I'm pretty sure you're ok. My heart rate is typically high 40's to low 50:s. I obsessed over this at one time but now I try not to even think about it. Wd brings us all kinds of goodies 😜😔

Guinea Pig, 

I hope all goes well. Be safe.

And yes: every Dr. should have to go through this for a while... >:D

Trishy,

Good advise. This is the least of my worries,  but thank you for explaining.  :thumbsup:

Guinea Pig, 

I hope all goes well. Be safe.

And yes: every Dr. should have to go through this for a while... >:D

Trishy,

Good advise. This is the least of my worries,  but thank you for explaining.  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::smitten:

Hi kids! Busy day today! Me and Rich took the grandkids to an aquarium, lunch, sled riding and then we did some cookie baking! I am wiped out 😴 I hope everyone around here had a good day with those pesky sxs not being to bothersome.

Hope the ladies of the LHSG are thinking on those bridesmaids dresses.. I'm thinking we should all go in the bird dress.. We'll be the benzo buddie bird bridesmaids BBBB'S 😂

Hey twinny if you read this give us your opinion.. and it was me in the dress can't posted  >:D😉😘 😁

Hey Trish, what a day girlfriend, I would be so exhausted.  You are lucky to have so much energy, I'm

jealous  :D

Oh don't be jealous mmmmm's, we love them dearly so we push ourselves. I struggled with the crowds yesterday at the aquarium and I got a little shaky. Then I collapsed after that text I wrote that text on the couch and went through a bad bout of restless leg and upper body??? Upper body restlessness feels like restless leg but it's in my shoulders.. Oh so freakin bizarre I tell you🤦‍♀️.. What has this drug done to me!? :tickedoff:🤪

I get shaky when I get really tired too, but mine is more just regular shaky, hands tremble, things like that.  Damn, I wish our gaba receptors and all involved healed quicker.  Love you Too Many 💜💜💜

Me too mmmmm's, me too 😔 .. I think I can best explain it by saying that I get overwhelmed very easily. It doesn't take much to put me in sensory overload or become too over over stimulated by the environment, like yesterday at the aquarium..🤦‍♀️ but I made it through and today's a nice quiet morning. Although my good friend is going through some hard stuff right now and I usually can help her but I don't have much to offer her today 😔.. Oh well we can only give what we can right?

Love you mmmmm's

TT, who saw trout and a tortoise yesterday :D.. Haven't lost my gift mmmmm's 😂😂

Hi kids! Busy day today! Me and Rich took the grandkids to an aquarium, lunch, sled riding and then we did some cookie baking! I am wiped out 😴 I hope everyone around here had a good day with those pesky sxs not being to bothersome.

Hope the ladies of the LHSG are thinking on those bridesmaids dresses.. I'm thinking we should all go in the bird dress.. We'll be the benzo buddie bird bridesmaids BBBB'S 😂

Hey twinny if you read this give us your opinion.. and it was me in the dress can't posted  >:D😉😘 😁

Hey Trish, what a day girlfriend, I would be so exhausted.  You are lucky to have so much energy, I'm

jealous  :D

Oh don't be jealous mmmmm's, we love them dearly so we push ourselves. I struggled with the crowds yesterday at the aquarium and I got a little shaky. Then I collapsed after that text I wrote that text on the couch and went through a bad bout of restless leg and upper body??? Upper body restlessness feels like restless leg but it's in my shoulders.. Oh so freakin bizarre I tell you🤦‍♀️.. What has this drug done to me!? :tickedoff:🤪

I get shaky when I get really tired too, but mine is more just regular shaky, hands tremble, things like that.  Damn, I wish our gaba receptors and all involved healed quicker.  Love you Too Many 💜💜💜

Me too mmmmm's, me too 😔 .. I think I can best explain it by saying that I get overwhelmed very easily. It doesn't take much to put me in sensory overload or become too over over stimulated by the environment, like yesterday at the aquarium..🤦‍♀️ but I made it through and today's a nice quiet morning. Although my good friend is going through some hard stuff right now and I usually can help her but I don't have much to offer her today 😔.. Oh well we can only give what we can right?

Love you mmmmm's

TT, who saw trout and a tortoise yesterday :D.. Haven't lost my gift mmmmm's 😂😂

Lol, lol.  No you haven't!! 💜💜

Stut- working while tapering is a crap shoot.  I have no idea but as I’ve shared before I live with my 89 year old mother who is all and we have and have always had a very dysfunctional and strained relationship so it makes tapering VERY hard.  Every time I’m away grim her I actually feel better.  When I have time away from her in the house when she is at dialysis I feel like a huge weight is off me.  The second she gets into my car when I pick her up I shut down and feel terrible.  Then just being in this house with her is negative as she is negative and a narcissist.  A lot of childhood issues (sane for therapy) but it makes my recovery seem impossible.  So between that and needing money I’m thinking working my be a good thing.  If I can do it.  I guess as long as I take it tapering a snails pace.  So I’m torn.  But my gut and my heart says try it.  I pray (not promoting religion, it’s just what I personally do) that I be guided.  I know I’ll have to take a very stress-less job as opposed to what I was doing before (working for CEOs in high rise big Fortune 500 companies in downtown LA - which the abuse is what got me on benzos) as I have Benzo brain and don’t function at full cognitive capacity.  So anyways that’s my thing.  And as far as mom I have no sibling support.  Two brothers live far way, sister lives cross country and has stage 4 metastatic cancer with probably (depending on chemo) has a year to 18 months live.  Happy tapering! 

Love,

Meems

Meems do you have to live with her? This sounds beyond hard. People who don't have this kind of parent will never understand. It can compromise your own health. If I had to live with my father I would survive two weeks maximum. It's a miracle I survived my teenage years. I shake at the thought of him getting sick and having to care for him. I want to think I'd manage to organise for carers to deal with him and I'd just go once a day to supervise, and even this would probably kill me, I don't know. I don't want to know. I really hope you can find a way. Maybe if she has money you can hire someone to do most of the "being with her". I wish you the very best in this difficult situation.

Hi everyone, I couldn't catch up but I'm just dropping to say hi.

I read some of the posts but not all.

Stutt yes I was lurking in the morning in Baldy's bar. He didn't come today or he did I don't really look much. I don't write because I did that from my phone and my neck, arms and shoulders are really complaining about that so I'm no longer writing on my phone except for whatsapps. I hope you're getting better and better and your body is healing and preparing for a wonderfund glide off.

GP I'm sorry you're feeling such bad pain today.

Trotchetter I'm sure this freezing cold is not helping. We will get better I'm sure.

Dehytq I'm glad you feel less pain today, I really hope we turn a corner together. My worst is not the pain, it's the fear. There it is. I hate it. I feel stuck in 2.5 for good.

OK you sound happier. I hope you're stabilizing from those nasty sxs.

Mary I think enso seems to be working wonders. I hope it keeps doing it.

Trishy I'm glad you had such a great day with the grandkids.

Esperanza, I hope you're still improving and getting better and better as months go by.

I hope everyone else here gets some relief, the new ones and the old ones. I usually try to read but have no time to read everything some days and not much time to post apart from the neck and shoulder pain.

So love to you all and try to have good little moments here and there in the middle of all the pain, as we don't know how long we'll all be here anyway.

Hi v,

I hate this too. I have fear and alot of anxiety. Fear of everything. This is ridiculous! Ly dd :crazy:

Love you too DD ♥️💙💙🐢🐢🍀☀️😚

Tt,

I get that too. I get overwhelmed easy. Sensory overload. I was wondering what that was. I overanalyze it and its a sx. Omg. Its a bir better. I cant wait till that gone. Even watching tv is too much

:tickedoff: Thanks i thought i was crazy. Well i am now! 😂

Tt,

I get that too. I get overwhelmed easy. Sensory overload. I was wondering what that was. I overanalyze it and its a sx. Omg. Its a bir better. I cant wait till that gone. Even watching tv is too much

:tickedoff: Thanks i thought i was crazy. Well i am now! 😂

Nope not crazy just wd, lucky us😜.. I'm glad it's a bit better though that's a plus!  :thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks for checking on all of us Vali, hope your pain and fear ease soon.  The enso is definitely helping  ;). LY 💜💜💜

I second that Vali ❤️

Glad to read that the enso is helping Mary, you've suffered a long time now and I'm glad you're getting relief girlfriend 🙌  :thumbsup:❤️

Thanks VNM, I am generally doing better than I was awhile back, but I have had a hard week or so. Digestive issues, and some back pain which I don't normally complain about or even talk about.. I have scoliosis and have dealt with back pain for most of my adult life, pre Benzos.. and I have never felt much pain specifically from w/d.. but this week it has been worse. Not sure what to do.. I will probably see my chiropractor when I am in Portland next week.

Heading up to Portland tomorrow, actually. I'm reeeeealy hoping for some windows here.

Love ya all 

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

I haven't caught up so if l miss anything l apologise.

Morning Meems l am so sorry you are in this situation.l must say you are very generous caring for your mum.l am also sorry to read about your sister.l think in your situation l wouldn't even consider tapering at this time.Tapering is hard at any time however when you have all this stress it is so much worse.l know you want off however is this really the best time to do it?l think you will heal regardless however the withdrawal will be adding more stress to your situation.Whatever you decide to do my love we will be here for you.love to you.X

Morning Troch that is good news.l really hope the pain eases up this morning.love to you.X

Morning Trish well done honey.l know everything is overwhelming however you are still going out and living that has to be enough for now.Keep on keeping on.love you my lST X

Morning GP l hope you have less pain today.Well done honey getting to 5 mgs.l wouldn't worry about me not being impressed l am not impressed with a lot of things at this time 😵. Keep up the good work.love you.X

Morning Suzy you are not any more insane than anyone on this site.We are all a little bonkers at this time.l hope you are able to get out for your walk.love you.X

Morning Olive l am surprised you haven't had any pain in your taper.l have found at the lower doses the physical pain has increased somewhat.l would think if you hold for a time it will settle down.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary woohoo 🎊🎉 it is working that is excellent news.The more tools we have the better.Stay where you are for a while longer honey.l have hope that a good long hold will help you.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Janice it's baldies loss.He will kick himself one day.l am much the same this end.No miracle yet 😳.Awe well l will slide off when the time is right.Stay strong.love you.X

Stutt, very well done for staying at 0.5 for as long as it takes. You don't want to run any risks and theres absolutely no rush. You will cut when the time comes. Less pain, less anxiety and less depression. Your body will tell you. I am so against rushing. Rushing almost killed me so I've learned.

Morning Meems l am so sorry you are in this situation.l must say you are very generous caring for your mum.l am also sorry to read about your sister.l think in your situation l wouldn't even consider tapering at this time.Tapering is hard at any time however when you have all this stress it is so much worse.l know you want off however is this really the best time to do it?l think you will heal regardless however the withdrawal will be adding more stress to your situation.Whatever you decide to do my love we will be here for you.love to you.X

Morning Troch that is good news.l really hope the pain eases up this morning.love to you.X

Morning Trish well done honey.l know everything is overwhelming however you are still going out and living that has to be enough for now.Keep on keeping on.love you my lST X

Morning GP l hope you have less pain today.Well done honey getting to 5 mgs.l wouldn't worry about me not being impressed l am not impressed with a lot of things at this time 😵. Keep up the good work.love you.X

Morning Suzy you are not any more insane than anyone on this site.We are all a little bonkers at this time.l hope you are able to get out for your walk.love you.X

Morning Olive l am surprised you haven't had any pain in your taper.l have found at the lower doses the physical pain has increased somewhat.l would think if you hold for a time it will settle down.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary woohoo 🎊🎉 it is working that is excellent news.The more tools we have the better.Stay where you are for a while longer honey.l have hope that a good long hold will help you.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Janice it's baldies loss.He will kick himself one day.l am much the same this end.No miracle yet 😳.Awe well l will slide off when the time is right.Stay strong.love you.X

I love you too my Queen, you sound like you are feeling pretty badly, I am so sorry.  I hate these damn benzo's.  Your Lady Mary 💚💚💚💚. X hen

Hey twinny, what gives lady? You doing ok? Is sis ok? You sound troubled in your post to us.. I hope I'm wrong. We love you and wish only the best for you. If you need to spill twinny you have a lot of shoulders here to lean on.

Sending you big hugs and some twinny love 😘❤️

Love you much!

LST ❤️

Hey everyone, looks like it's been quiet around here today I hope that's a good thing 🤔.. sending love to all of you.

Yoo hoo friend Bill this is Trish sending you a wellness check in post. Let us know how you are dear friend.

Thinking of all of you peeps in the LHSG. Love to you all.

TT, ❤️

[fa...]